Sign in to follow this  
Dead3ye

Amazing blood effects that should be in Arma 3

Yeah I liked SLX for that, it was random enough that it stayed shocking. I remember making about 4 head shots and then the 5th one decapitated the target. I was so stunned that I actually stopped fighting for a second. That kind definitely adds realism.

If Armaverse is a sandbox mostly (see the lack of documentation of all features) we should have a option to turn it up. If you can't take it (or you're buying a German version *heh*) turn Gore off (default).

What about the blood splatter effect which is affecting the player's vision/goggle/eyewear, as well as tainting the BDU, affecting the camo effect too?

Yeah I liked SLX for that, it was random enough that it stayed shocking. I remember making about 4 head shots and then the 5th one decapitated the target. I was so stunned that I actually stopped fighting for a second. That kind definitely adds realism.

This! With gore less is more. So many game developers make this mistake of having gore happen too often as opposed to maybe the 50th time you load up a game and say "wtf..?! never seen that before".

Far more effective and tasteful this way.

While we don't really need to go to that much detail, a wound texture's position should be precisely where you were shot. It was already in Rogue Spear.

-QFT!

That would really add to immersion imo.

My favourite is blood splatter, where you can often see what direction the incoming round came from, useful if you come across a bunch of dead bodies and you're trying to work out what happened.

Also, bleeding units who bleed onto the ground as they go is useful for working out what direction units went.

Backspatter's important, you're right. That's a cool idea. It would be good for tracking, hit detection would be good by the level of blood and colour in reality but that's overkill.

ACE already has those features I think.

If it bleeds, we can kill it. <music>

About Rogue Spear: such an old game and much better wounds system than currently "best mil-sim game" :) on numerous occasions we were checking bodies just to inspect our accuracy ;)

If it bleeds, we can kill it. <music>

I think you mean this:

WQF_DR_uDU4

Back on topic, some blood spatter and blood splotches that appear on the wound would be nice, but nothing that chews up too much CPU, please :bounce3:

Pleasingly (given the recent OT fun posts ;)) the first AvP game had a good blood splatter/decal system. Most prominent when you shot a predator naturally, you saw it plenty then :)

In fact, maybe it's the ArmA decal system in general that needs an overhaul, to allow for dynamic texturing due to ingame activity?

I feel this should be a mod made by someone other than

BIS. Theyve got their hands full with the new features coming to A3

I feel this should be a mod made by someone other than

BIS. Theyve got their hands full with the new features coming to A3

I really think some level of "gore" should be added, but not just for the sake of adding gore. It should be realistic.

I find it odd that Arma bills itself as the most realistic military simulator yet it is one of the least violent games I have seen in terms of gore. :p War is gory, gross, disgusting and dirty. That should be conveyed, otherwise some might consider it to be glamorizing the experience.

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 ----------

It wouldn't require you to make a texture from the look of it. It appears to be an engine level mask texture that procedurally turns areas into "blood" areas that then overlay and mix with the textures under it. I doubt you'd have to do much if at all to accommodate for it on models.

Render to texture was applyed, and we can make this on future? dont worry, if this nod beed add in A3, we make it ;)

And we can do this now, AttachTo save us :yay::D

Too much work - in that technique showed in that video , you need there special texture for blood/bleeding and i agree it didn't look natural

BIS said they don't want so much Gore details in their game and it's fine how it is now - maybe they could tweak the wound texture somehow to show only where player got hit

This was done back in 1999 with Rogue Spear. Games get less features in them as the years go by :confused:

Yea! and in 2025y we play in Tetris again :D

In 2000 years game industry begin awayke, in nova day all games have all features, and Publishers dont wish war with each other, becase, because everybody copying product of other manufacturers as well as more advantageous and the less troubles come up something new.

Remamber this for all times....

I don´t believe BIS will do anything about it, hope ACE 2 or ACE 3 mod it.

Blood and hit effects are not just visuals. It does increase realism, and capabilities. Like mentioned you would be able to tell where a bullet came from (somewhat), the direction of injured units walking. And of course figure out what happened to a group of dead bodies.

++1 better blood and effects....

Impressive video, I too would like the option to have more gore/improved wounding. But I also agree BIS probably have no interest unfortunately.

Edited by -=seany=-

I don't care mucho about blood in arma, there is always some mod/addon to change that. What also looks great in that game its the animation system, no one noticed that? i have seen some others better but it would be awesome something similar in arma3 instead of clasic arma .... animation system.

But some improvements on how the blood its displayed on the soldiers would be welcome obviously.

Edited by columdrum

I don't care mucho about blood in arma, there is always some mod/addon to change that. What also looks great in that game its the animation system, no one noticed that? i have seen some others better but it would be awesome something similar in arma3 instead of clasic arma .... animation system.

But some improvements on how the blood its displayed on the soldiers would be welcome obviously.

Too bad we couldn't have the FIFA animation system in ArmA3... (No, not to be like that upcoming FPS that's better than that other FPS). Wish we could have an animation system like the ANT Animation system, so that ArmA3 could have realistic, fluid movement. I know some people don't really care, but the more "life-like" the animation system, the more a player is immersed in the game. And the more "immersive" a milsim is, the better it is at actually being a simulator.

Too bad we couldn't have the FIFA animation system in ArmA3...

Care to explain why?

Too bad we couldn't have the FIFA animation system in ArmA3... (No, not to be like that upcoming FPS that's better than that other FPS). Wish we could have an animation system like the ANT Animation system, so that ArmA3 could have realistic, fluid movement. I know some people don't really care, but the more "life-like" the animation system, the more a player is immersed in the game. And the more "immersive" a milsim is, the better it is at actually being a simulator.

It has been stated numerous times that the animation system will be revamped. And this topic isn't about this.

It has been stated numerous times that the animation system will be revamped. And this topic isn't about this.

simply responding to columdrum's post. And neokika, I clearly explained why. ProfTournesol, I never challenged the fact that the animation system will be revamped. Just cuz it's being revamped doesn't mean it's automatically going to be the best out there. ArmA isn't the overall best game in any shooter genre. But, to get back on topic, more realistic bleeding effects would definately make the game more immersive, although a better bleeding system with the better bleeding effects would be awesome. But that's clearly wishful thinking.

I'd settle for more precise hitpoints and separate textures for different wounds. I like being able to tell precisely where a guy was hit, and also having some indication as to what killed him. Like in Ghost Recon where bodies were sort of pockmarked with little shrapnel wounds if killed by a grenade.

And neokika, I clearly explained why.

No you did not!

I will reformulate my question though, what does the FIFA animation system have that makes it different/better then any other?

_neo_

No you did not!

I will reformulate my question though, what does the FIFA animation system have that makes it different/better then any other?

_neo_

It will be used in BF3 ;) I guess that is the only reason he mentioned it.

But anyways, going back to the subject at hand, i am not a fan of overlydone and gratuitous gore.

Sure, a better system than the current wounding textures, where better = more precise would be welcomed addition, and same goes for blood spaters and drops, for as long as it enhances gameplay.

That said, things like decapitations, flying members and alike is not something i look forward to in a BIS game.

No you did not!

_neo_

Interactive natural motion of human body. Might be useful in Arma, don't you think?