Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I think you're misinterpreting what I meant by 'centric'. It doesn't mean we only deliver an infantry game; rather, it means we pick infantry as a starting point, and everything else we do - helicopters, tanks, UAVs, scuba, whatever

You forgot turtles :rolleyes:

I found 2 sources saying its coming out in March, so maybe.

Only one source is really relevant, and that source said only "2013" so far.

Actually, I hope it doesn't come out in March. What is the point of collecting community feedback then, if you plan to release a game two weeks later? With the community alpha, we (as in, the future players) have a possibility to influence the final product. You don't get that very often. I am content with a later release if I can watch things take shape through updates in the community alpha.

Just like scrim typed, its not your first game though...

Why don`t you raise the level even higher ?

Even a small team can do miracles if they have a lot of time, no ?

Don`t type me that 12 years is not enough of time... Its just a poor excuse.;)

For fucks sake, cant you just buy a flightsim?

Just like scrim typed, its not your first game though...

Why don`t you raise the level even higher ?

Even a small team can do miracles if they have a lot of time, no ?

Nothing else to do on the Kerguelen island ?

here i understood ur age is 12? Well, then i say grow some up, and u'll understand it.

I think you're misinterpreting what I meant by 'centric'. It doesn't mean we only deliver an infantry game; rather, it means we pick infantry as a starting point, and everything else we do - helicopters, tanks, UAVs, scuba, whatever - needs to be mindful of this 'core' gameplay. We're simply not a big enough team to do everything to the level of fidelity we'd like, so we need to focus on making a consistent core platform that we, and the community, can build upon.

In the past, we've hurt ourselves by not thinking carefully about the dependencies new features have with each other. To some extent, some early decisions in Arma 3 risked making the same mistake. Someone has a passion for something, so a feature is bolted on without appropriate consideration of the 'big picture'. Now, I can't say Arma 3 will fix these problems entirely, but I hope the ship (HMS. Splendid) is steering in a new direction.

I think my sig quote is probably a bit more complex than the sentence first shows. It packs in a lot of quite important information, which, below, I'll expand upon.

• Military - Basic infantry-centric gameplay is backed up/ augmented by an array of military hardware, creating a rich, balanced pool of assets and opportunities for gameplay
  • Game - Fundamentally, it's an authentic 'experience', which engages and rewards players over time, rather than a 'tool' that educates or a 'show' that entertains immediately
  • Infantry focus - Assets and technology promoting, supporting, and balancing diverse infantry-based gameplay are the primary focus

• Appropriate - Convincing and believable, obvious and intelligible; 'small', robust systems designed to interact/ combine to produce 'big', authentic gameplay
  • Useful - Features and design components exist to serve and promote a stable platform for unique, diverse gameplay
  • Engaging - Enabling and creating opportunities for fun, meaningful gameplay experiences

• Accessible - Refined controls and animations focused upon fluidity of movement; open architecture enables a diverse ecosystem of modification and customisations
  • Platform - Assets and features are designed to generate an authentic, consistent and balanced pool of content, providing a fertile environment for potential gameplay
  • Variety - Enabling a diversity of official and community content; promoting a distinct range of gamplay

• Authenticity - A game built on simple, logical and, fundamentally, comprehensible design decisions, but with the freedom to generate gameplay of many different styles
  • Diversity - A breadth of experiences derived from the interaction of simple features, mechanics, assets, and environments, but with a focus on refining the infantry experience
  • Opportunity - Potential to create your own content: build your own mod, make your own game; Open mission design: freedom to make tactical decisions, but curated to support new players

TLDR? See my sig. :cool:

Best,

RiE

You're just feeding a troll. Nice effort, though. It's good for the rest of us, so I guess that makes this worth it.

You're just feeding a troll. Nice effort, though. It's good for the rest of us, so I guess that makes this worth it.

Oh, I'd been meaning to expand on the point for a while. Just a convenient reminder to pull the trigger on it. :)

Best,

RiE

here i understood ur age is 12? Well, then i say grow some up, and u'll understand it.

Actually, he's talking about how long BIS has been making games (12 years from OFP to ArmA3).

Actually, he's talking about how long BIS has been making games (12 years from OFP to ArmA3).

waw, rly?

think my sig quote is probably a bit more complex than the sentence first shows. It packs in a lot of quite important information, which, below, I'll expand upon.

Military - Basic infantry-centric gameplay is backed up/ augmented by an array of military hardware, creating a rich, balanced pool of assets and opportunities for gameplay

Game - Fundamentally, it's an authentic 'experience', which engages and rewards players over time, rather than a 'tool' that educates or a 'show' that entertains immediately

Infantry focus - Assets and technology promoting, supporting, and balancing diverse infantry-based gameplay are the primary focus

Appropriate - Convincing and believable, obvious and intelligible; 'small', robust systems designed to interact/ combine to produce 'big', authentic gameplay

Useful - Features and design components exist to serve and promote a stable platform for unique, diverse gameplay

Engaging - Enabling and creating opportunities for fun, meaningful gameplay experiences

Accessible - Refined controls and animations focused upon fluidity of movement; open architecture enables a diverse ecosystem of modification and customisations

Platform - Assets and features are designed to generate an authentic, consistent and balanced pool of content, providing a fertile environment for potential gameplay

Variety - Enabling a diversity of official and community content; promoting a distinct range of gamplay

Authenticity - A game built on simple, logical and, fundamentally, comprehensible design decisions, but with the freedom to generate gameplay of many different styles

Diversity - A breadth of experiences derived from the interaction of simple features, mechanics, assets, and environments, but with a focus on refining the infantry experience

Opportunity - Potential to create your own content: build your own mod, make your own game; Open mission design: freedom to make tactical decisions, but curated to support new players

TLDR? See my sig.

Best,

RiE

Nice read. Thanks for taking the time to be so thorough. You should link it in your sig.

RIE can you confirm whether the TOH flight model has made it in in some form or if it has been ditched because of physx or something because there still is some uncertainty over whether its still confirmed or not?

waw, rly?

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread except spam and flame baiting then I suggest you stop making posts until you can come up with something better.

And posting in l33t language is not allowed here either.

Only one source is really relevant, and that source said only "2013" so far.

Actually, I hope it doesn't come out in March. What is the point of collecting community feedback then, if you plan to release a game two weeks later? With the community alpha, we (as in, the future players) have a possibility to influence the final product. You don't get that very often. I am content with a later release if I can watch things take shape through updates in the community alpha.

Did you read the rest of my post?

On the other hand it seems unlikely as BIS said that they want release alpha for us to play and give some feedback

Btw does anyone know why www.Arma3.com is down for me?

i tried a tool showing if a website is down for me or everyone and it said it was only me.

So anyone know why this is happening? also any fix?

Edited by Mathiask1
Extra question

Yes, but it doesn't invalidate what I said.

Btw does anyone know why www.Arma3.com is down for me?

i tried a tool showing if a website is down for me or everyone and it said it was only me.

So anyone know why this is happening? also any fix?

Works for me. Maybe your ISP or Router blocks it? If you know the 'tracert' program, you can try to open a command prompt and enter "tracert www.arma3.com" and see if that dies off somewhere.

There's only one source for the release date and that's BIS, and they said 2013.

Works for me. Maybe your ISP or Router blocks it? If you know the 'tracert' program, you can try to open a command prompt and enter "tracert www.arma3.com" and see if that dies off somewhere.

i checked the router and it dosent block it.

also i tried that tracert thing without luck...

i checked the router and it dosent block it.

also i tried that tracert thing without luck...

Without luck? With tracert the expected outcome is to either see that you reached arma3.com or the connection stalled or failed some way in the route. In both cases you get some useful info for troubleshooting, so I don't understand your without luck answer.

Without luck? With tracert the expected outcome is to either see that you reached arma3.com or the connection stalled or failed some way in the route. In both cases you get some useful info for troubleshooting, so I don't understand your without luck answer.

Yea, but it didnt really help me

Yea, but it didnt really help me

It isn't supposed to fix your problem, it's to show if any problem exist in the routing or the DNS query.

So does tracert reaches arma3.com?

Could someone even remotely stay on topic here ?

i've actually seen a mod to tell a guy to ask here, (but he didnT) so i did.

It isn't supposed to fix your problem

i didnt say it would fix the problem, i said it didnt help either.

it says it reaches www.arma3.com... (after a few tests today)

Edited by Mathiask1

This has just gone way off-topic, another thread ruined.

How can it be off-topic when and mod said that question was to be asked here?