Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Well in a mission I made for my coop group, the Task modules were completely borked in multiplayer and they worked fine in single player having tested multiple times. They wouldn't show up correctly, they didn't follow linked trigger states on when to show them and when to assign them etc.... and they always showed as being completed.

Need a repro for that buddy.

Need a repro for that buddy.

Use the task modules on a dedicated server. Pretty simple repro, they just don't work.

I'm getting task notifications very often several times in a row. Either playing my friends missions or my own, hosted on client or dedicated. I thought this would be a known problem.

Well, just seen the dev. update:

still no info about episode 2.

I bet we gotta wait till tomorrow to know wether dev branch will have it earlier or not.

I'm getting task notifications very often several times in a row. Either playing my friends missions or my own, hosted on client or dedicated. I thought this would be a known problem.

This *might* be caused not by the module itself but by the way the module is triggered. I don't know how the module works exactly, but if you have e.g. a trigger that has an "!alive target" in it, then it will trigger on all clients and hence will cause activation on all clients. In that case, it might be better to synchronize the trigger with a game logic waypoint, and have the game logic trigger the module, which will make sure it will only trigger once.

I bet we gotta wait till tomorrow to know wether dev branch will have it earlier or not.

You can be sure that it will be release a week/days before the stable branch. I don't see why Bis would change that.

Well, I hope so.

In fact, as it's supposed to be release in 8 days now, I expected it to be released today in dev. :(

Maybe tomorrow (I hope ;) )?

hello moricky and others, can you please give us a hint what is the meaning of the vest called "V_TacVestIR_blk"?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:Arma3_CfgWeapons_V_TacVestIR_blk.jpg

it is larger than the other vest near the chest, stomach and shoulder. initially i thought it was made for females, but it is much bigger than the male's body. can you help us to understand the mystery of this vest?

some picture showing its large size:

cqtQG0l.jpg?1

r2lVdzS.jpg?1

I must be blind, I don't see it anywhere on the forums or ArmA's website. Where did you read it? Or are you saying you don't see any update yet at all?

Edited by Jinzor

No, I just say that there is no info about episode 2 being released in dev branch.

Today's update is released, and nothing either.

If the sitrep/spotrep is out today, I bet they'll say either episode 2 won't be released in dev or only the day after tomorrow.

This are the official news:

Welcome to the last SITuation REPort in 2013. We'll be out of comms for a few weeks during the holiday period, returning on 14.01.2014 with our weekly updates and many awesome things.

Development on the 'Adapt' campaign episode is wrapping fully this week. It will then enter final testing under data lock until its release on 21.01.2014.

So today should be released the first SITREP of the year. And the episode is supposed to be released on the 21, I guess that they will release it in the dev branch this week for testing ( at least that's what they have been doibg previously ).

---------- Post added at 16:34 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

update:

the team has rapidly geared back up for 'adapt' release prep, and next tuesday it's go-time. We would like to stage the episode on devbranch later in the week, but let's see how things go as we are currently testing under data lock.

Gah, the new SITREP again contains an announcement of an announcement... BIS, seems you never learn.

Damn it, not even a few concept images of new weapons/vehicles/whatever to keep us entertained? I was anticipating this SITREP, seeing how it's the first one of 2014 and how they implied this day to have a major reveal of some sort.

Whatever, they better make next week's good.

For my part i'm only waiting for the second part of the campaign, so now i know when i'll be able to play it.

At this point it's probably just "no promises."

Then why announce "no promises" ?

Announcements of announcements create soap bubbles: Everyone thinks of his favorite feature and hopes it gets announced. And then the bubble bursts.

It was like that with every announcement of an announcement in the past (Steam, Contest, etc).

Rule of thumb: Never announce that you are announcing something. An announcement that hits you out of the blue will not disappoint you in the same way an announced announcement will when it turns out that what you had hoped for is not coming. How many examples do we still need ?

I'd had appreciated some image of the contents ( at least both of the promised planes )...

Second part of the campaign is coming later this week in devbranch ;)

http://dev.arma3.com/sitrep-00039

Some of you guys, need to be patient...

It doesn't say that, it says that it may be released this week in dev branch if they finish the locked tests.

In any case, I had already quoted precisely that part of the SITREP 39 in this same thread a few posts before.

hello moricky and others, can you please give us a hint what is the meaning of the vest called "V_TacVestIR_blk"?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/File:Arma3_CfgWeapons_V_TacVestIR_blk.jpg

it is larger than the other vest near the chest, stomach and shoulder. initially i thought it was made for females, but it is much bigger than the male's body. can you help us to understand the mystery of this vest?

some picture showing its large size:

http://i.imgur.com/cqtQG0l.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/r2lVdzS.jpg?1

It's display name is "Raven Vest", and there's a Raven cap, that used to have an eagle-like symbol with the colors of the Russian flag. I'm pretty sure they were supposed to be a Russian private security company, as the camo pattern on the cap matched the camo pattern of the Russian uniform. The camo is a recolored version of the AAF camo, or rather the AAF camo is a recolored version of the Russian camo. The Russian uniform (CSAT uniform with Russian camo) still doesn't fit the vest though.

I think only Karel Moricky (my 2 cent guess) is working on it.

It's a small task force at the moment; we'll ramp up the bodies on it as we approach the public release! Moricky is something like a mother hen, clucking around protecting his chicklet. :cool:

As for the mode itself, I understand the point about announcing announcements - it can somewhat torture our most dedicated players - we'll try to be gentle!

Best,

RiE

As for the mode itself...

So, it is a game mode ?

From the pics it looked like some kind of Capture-the-Flag and a new UI. Plus some sick (as in OMGWTF!) lighting effects. I can wait, being knee deep in part 1 of the campaign only - getting a new job sucks :D

So, it is a game mode ?

Hm, I suppose that largely depends on your interpretation of 'mode'?

Anyway - in avoidance of trolling/getting drawn into talking too much in abstractions (I'm sure we'll have many specific discussions once we drop the info payload!) - I'd just say our guys themselves are excited about their work; for now, I can just about forgive them their enthusiasm, which at times spills over the walls of Castle Bohemia!

Best,

RiE

Edited by RoyaltyinExile