Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Yes, the core team is just me and one programmer.

@Chortles: And there's nothing special on the info about sectors - as mentioned, it's just visualization of sector modules which has been in the game for several months already. The highlighted sector is the one player is in (with capture progress visualized).

Oh so they are working on a gamemode? I´m not quite sure what to think of this...

being happy, maybe?

Yes, the core team is just me and one programmer.

When you say "core team", do you mean the team assigned to ARMA3 development, or just the "team" working on this feature?

When you say "core team", do you mean the team assigned to ARMA3 development, or just the "team" working on this feature?

lol, don't worry ;D

It's of course the team working on that specific feature/gamemode/thingy.

I think he means your first mentioned :rolleyes:

I think he means, core team of that feature is him and one more guy :)

looks like some sort of conquest game.... with dangerous lightning?

Lol... Maybe they trolling! Look forward to seeing what it is!

You missunderstood me. It´s fine if they want to work on it, I just expected something else when they announced a new MP feature. :rolleyes:

You missunderstood me. It´s fine if they want to work on it, I just expected something else when they announced a new MP feature. :rolleyes:

Like what exactly?

It is the team working on this feature. The team working on Arma 3 is much bigger. :)

Like what exactly?

- "bubbled" updates like DayZ

- Automatic add on loading/downloads

- synchronized wind/weather

Not saying I expected anything like this, but since you asked...

aand we are back to this, lot's of people were dissapointed, BI had not much multiplayer missions and modes. Now BI is working on something new for multiplayer as people asked... But why bother, gimme da syncronized weather!

Wind should be synchronized in MP already: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2424351&viewfull=1#post2424351

Not to mention Modules that work correctly in multiplayer, like the tasks modules and such.

And illogical, too. You know that lightning always takes the shortest route, so it's totally unrealistic to hit the tank, it should hit the tower in the front that's much higher

Lightning takes the route that has the least resistance, not the shortest, shortest of course would be a straight line from point A to point B.

aand we are back to this, lot's of people were dissapointed, BI had not much multiplayer missions and modes. Now BI is working on something new for multiplayer as people asked... But why bother, gimme da syncronized weather!

Neurofunker, with all due respect, but stop bitching at me for bitching's sake. Nowhere did I say these things must come, nor did I say I expect them. I was merely giving examples of what people could have expected when they hear "secret multiplayer feature", and I stated just that in my post. Your constant need to disagree/counter anything I say is getting seriously obsessive. There wasn't any criticism in my post, only your pre-defined opinion put it there.

I did understand from the very beginning that it was Moricky working on something multiplayer-related, as he said a while ago on Twitter.

The features I named would be very useful to have, and even you should agree to that.

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

Nice. I didn't know that. Does that mean you are going to add wind deflection? (*nudge nudge* ;))

Does the wind synchronization also affect waves? I remember that in Arma 2 boats sometimes looked like low-flying UFO's because waves were not synchronized and one clients's peak would be another client's valley. With the extra stress on boats and divers, I reckon this could be an issue to look into.

Also, weather and time would be nice if synced. Sometimes rain/fog on one client can make units at a certain distance invisible while on another client, they remain visible.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Lightning takes the route that has the least resistance, not the shortest, shortest of course would be a straight line from point A to point B.

Guess that would be either the flag pole or the watch tower. That would be considering the lightning bolt is a natural one, and without any further information about what we are looking at, it's rather futile to guess :)

Question to devs, on that screenshot of new multiplayer feature you just released, did the tank got destroyed by lighting bolt? I hope not becouse its impossible. The metal would conduct the energy down to the ground, and crew and ammo is protected by Carbon-Fiber mesh, even the electronics would not be damaged.

Question to devs, on that screenshot of new multiplayer feature you just released, did the tank got destroyed by lighting bolt? I hope not becouse its impossible. The metal would conduct the energy down to the ground, and crew and ammo is protected by Carbon-Fiber mesh, even the electronics would not be damaged.

You never know, it could have been a synchronized attack from the new T-100 Vursuk Lightning II! >=D

http://media.moddb.com/images/groups/1/3/2074/arma3_screenshot_1107_009.jpg (603 kB)

*lol*

Can we expect campaign episode 2 in dev branch earlier?

If yes, how long before the official release?

1 week - like episode 1?

Thanks

Can we expect campaign episode 2 in dev branch earlier?

If yes, how long before the official release?

1 week - like episode 1?

Thanks

Stay tuned, the Dev update should be out probably by early tomorrow.

Stay tuned, the Dev update should be out probably by early tomorrow.

On a sunday (at least in EU), I really doubt it? I expect some news on tuesday (one of the spotrep day).

Not to mention Modules that work correctly in multiplayer, like the tasks modules and such.

Task modules works correctly in multiplayer for some time already. If there's a problem, please report it - there's currently no such issue in the feedback tracker.

Task modules works correctly in multiplayer for some time already. If there's a problem, please report it - there's currently no such issue in the feedback tracker.

Well in a mission I made for my coop group, the Task modules were completely borked in multiplayer and they worked fine in single player having tested multiple times. They wouldn't show up correctly, they didn't follow linked trigger states on when to show them and when to assign them etc.... and they always showed as being completed.

On a sunday (at least in EU), I really doubt it? I expect some news on tuesday (one of the spotrep day).

You have a point... Lol. Oh well, when it comes, it comes.