Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Those are just grey "coveralls", the ones that are in the Alpha all ready.

It would be cool If you actually could set different camo patterns on 1 uniform instead of having each uniform 5x times, each with different camo.

That is already possible, for all Units that have working hidden selections. Such as this retex -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145022011

To try it, make a mission, put a retex for a configged uniform in (I think the coveralls, opfor combat suit as well as the civilian poloshirt/shorts can be retexed ingame) as a .paa file, and then use: this setobjecttexture[0,"texturename.paa"] in the init.

That is already possible, for all Units that have working hidden selections. Such as this retex -> http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=145022011

To try it, make a mission, put a retex for a configged uniform in (I think the coveralls, opfor combat suit as well as the civilian poloshirt/shorts can be retexed ingame) as a .paa file, and then use: this setobjecttexture[0,"texturename.paa"] in the init.

Nice! Now If could developers bring it into the new CUSTOMISATION tab it would be cool.

I hope that RiE won't be mad at me for these, so - for peoples that been wonder - these are answers deployed on PM:

Radio protocols and combat ones sounds much better right now but there is need for more voice actors.

Certainly. We've now recorded 4 actors - US only - but not all of them managed to make it into the dev branch yet. That's not including my jayholder protocol.

So, once the Beta is launched, you should expect to hear 5 unique voices in total. I can't confirm the final numbers, but we'll definitely be adding more - a process that is simpler, now the protocol is in a more final state.

Can You confirm if doppler effect, occlusion will happen in the final build? It would be a strange downgrade to ArmA II if not.

Yes, occlusion and doppler is already in the game.

Best,

RiE

I have read this in the last SITREP:

http://alpha.arma3.com/sitrep-00015

A forever hot topic is game performance. One of our programming leads Ondřej Martinák is in the process of writing a development blog on this topic. He will share a bit more details on how our engine operates, explore what has already been achieved in terms of optimization, and what will still be done for Arma 3. We'll of course let you know when it's published.

Nice to know they have in mind performance optimization, plans for it, and are going to share with us the subject in a dev blog. Very happy with this.

I have read this in the last SITREP:

http://alpha.arma3.com/sitrep-00015

A forever hot topic is game performance. One of our programming leads Ondřej Martinák is in the process of writing a development blog on this topic. He will share a bit more details on how our engine operates, explore what has already been achieved in terms of optimization, and what will still be done for Arma 3. We'll of course let you know when it's published.

Nice to know they have in mind performance optimization, plans for it, and are going to share with us the subject in a dev blog. Very happy with this.

This is great news :)

Can't wait to see Altis tomorrow. I just hope they'll fly around Altis a bit with their new helicopters. Perhaps the Ghosthawk? ;)

Well you will be waiting until Q3 or later of this year for that....not tomorrow lol!

Well you will be waiting until Q3 or later of this year for that....not tomorrow lol!

You do realize you're replying to a 12 days old post referring to the pre-E3 livestream, where BI was going to have a sneak peek of Altis, yes? :rolleyes:

Not to worry though. You can find the recordings of the livestream here, if you haven't seen them: http://www.twitch.tv/arma3official/videos?kind=past_broadcasts :)

Edited by colossus

You do realize you're replying to a 12 days old post referring to the pre-E3 livestream, where BI was going to have a sneak peek of Altis, yes? :rolleyes:

Not to worry though. You can find the recordings of the livestream here, if you haven't seen them: http://www.twitch.tv/arma3official/videos?kind=past_broadcasts :)

Actually I wasn't paying attention for once (too many threads open) and missed that fact lol!

I replied because I knew that BI would be releasing the "Beta" essentially in the "Dev Branch" this week...(ahead of the actual release).

Half the people I know just assume that "Altis" is coming with the BETA, so I thought I'd clear that up.

Totally blew it though hehehe! ;)

I replied because I knew that BI would be releasing the "Beta" essentially in the "Dev Branch" this week...(ahead of the actual release).

Half the people I know just assume that "Altis" is coming with the BETA, so I thought I'd clear that up.

No worries ;) Would love to see Altis as soon as possible, but I don't expect it to show up until launch regardless if it's finished or not.

Seems Kotaku is doing the mistake by calling Stratis for Altis. Congrats to Leon86 for making the cover, however: http://kotaku.com/altis-the-main-island-in-arma-iii-is-a-dangerous-plac-515089411

Any link on what will be included in the beta ?

Will a guide to move user options, saves and configurations be published along with the beta?

Yay!

Damn ION is back! Those guys are trouble!

Yessir!

While it was already posted before, not everyone might have seen this :)

"ION, Inc., together with its parent company, Vrana Corp Industries, has agreed a new 25-year deal with Dutch Firing Drills, which will make North America's largest supplier of general security solutions DFD's lead commercial sponsor."

zh4is2fl.jpg

ZcUnnJ5l.jpg

dmSCrFdl.jpg

Link to the article on ION.com

in game it's ACP C2, 3d model probably based on the 1911

Looks very much like the 1911/ColdM45 used by the USMC as the USMC CQBP, yeah.

So is the green faction a PMC now or is ION separate like Arma 2? Because I love PMCs but don't want them to be reskinned of what the former green faction was.

---------- Post added at 03:53 ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 ----------

Also BIS own the website? Or is it community run? http://www.ion-inc.com/

It's almost certainly BI-operated, and ION's role is unspecified beyond "you're a competitive shooter in an ION and Vrana-logo'd T-shirt", so Green Army is presumably unaffected.

Damn ION is back! Those guys are trouble!
From another message board, about the ION, Inc. news page:
Well I liked Carrier Command (Even though no one else did apparently :() so I'm going to give it a buy.

E: ^^^ Oh fuck yes ION is back.

E2: Oh my god that website.

hey PMCs are back. I really liked the PMC dlc from ArmA2. Maybe we'll get the AA-12 again :).

Beta has just launched! Now I can't wait to cameback from work :)

No, it didn't launch yet... I even restarted steam to be sure and no beta yet.

ye got e wondered there too , by the way any1 know if there are going to be tanks in the beta ?