Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

Apparently their camera got fritzed.

Am I the only one who is worried that so many cameras died at the BIS booth?

Was it due to an EMP attack from the CoD Blops 2 booth? Or can we apply the rule that people shouldn´t approach Arma with inferior Hardware if they don´t want it to melt? Arma ]|[ even your camera will choke if it isn´t powerfull enough :D

I rewatched the Cynical rit video and there are a few interesting things to notice.

Watch the part where he tests the NVGs, notice how there is no black screen when he takes them off. The virtual eye doesn´t have to adjust to the sudden darkness. I personally like that feature in Arma 2 since you have to think well if you are going to turn off the NVGs so that you can take a look through your Binos (ACE player).

The next thing is the Flashlight. It is to weak, the light doesn´t reach out far enough.

I rewatched the Cynical rit video and there are a few interesting things to notice.

Watch the part where he tests the NVGs, notice how there is no black screen when he takes them off. The virtual eye doesn´t have to adjust to the sudden darkness. I personally like that feature in Arma 2 since you have to think well if you are going to turn off the NVGs so that you can take a look through your Binos (ACE player).

The next thing is the Flashlight. It is to weak, the light doesn´t reach out far enough.

And when the NVGs are on, you barely see any difference, if there is any at all. Plus the stars disappear rather than shining brightly. So it seems they haven't really implemented the functionality of NVGs yet. I expect they'll fix it and make the flash light stronger too.

And when the NVGs are on, you barely see any difference, if there is any at all. Plus the stars disappear rather than shining brightly. So it seems they haven't really implemented the functionality of NVGs yet. I expect they'll fix it and make the flash light stronger too.

Agreed. Noticed those problems too.

Keep in mind that the flashlight can't be too strong or else it'll be more apparent that it doesn't create shadows. A balance is needed and, until there are further screens/videos to convince me otherwise, the current flashlight looks acceptable.

yes i noticed that too, but remember its near future, maybe this "futuristic NVGs", are working differently and don't cause "eye adaptation effect".

yes i noticed that too, but remember its near future, maybe this "futuristic NVGs", are working differently and don't cause "eye adaptation effect".

That means they'd have to use "futuristic eyeballs" as well. Eye adaptation happens in the eyes, if I'm not mistaken. Unless those NVGs hook up directly to your retina, the adaptation should be unchanged.

It was also a very bright moonlit night...

Don't forget that bit.

Or maybe its just not finished, you know, being an alpha 'n all.

I noticed that in the SDV the left hand screen is showing the underwater view while the right hand one is showing the periscope view. This might not be new but it's the first time that I have noticed it.

Oh no, I was looking forward to the DayZ interview:(

Exactly. I'm thinking the NVG's weren't quite finished. You can't even see the stars when the NVG's are on.

But I thought Alpha = Demo. :rolleyes:

But I thought Alpha = Demo. :rolleyes:

You thought wrong. :)

Alpha version is a work in progress version where the main thing is to test.

Demo is a demonstration of the final product.

You thought wrong. :)

Alpha version is a work in progress version where the main thing is to test.

Demo is a demonstration of the final product.

I know, I was being sarcastic. :p

I know, I was being sarcastic. :p

Ahh, damn you internet sarcasm...:cool:

I noticed that in the SDV the left hand screen is showing the underwater view while the right hand one is showing the periscope view. This might not be new but it's the first time that I have noticed it.

Yeah, I saw that too - image from above water wasn't it? Not really sure what to think, I mean would you be able to have a periscope above sea level at all times .....

The camera feed is actually just bond to the periscope if it's deployed. So as soon your periscope enters the water, so does the picture on the screen :D

hey, is Thursday : no news release today or only epic win for CZ national team at euro 2012 ?

hey, is Thursday : no news release today or only epic win for CZ national team at euro 2012 ?

You wish!

New background story for ArmA 3: Iran invaded Portugal ;)

Was screaming like a little girl "News!!!" and when i come in, nothing T-T

New background story for ArmA 3: Iran invaded Portugal ;)

Wouldn't be new...

Been predicted during Phase 5, according to SDREAM / Estimate #081206, though the reliability is still disputed, keep your eye on 5 NAV.