Dwarden

Development Blog & Reveals

I KNOW I'm in love.

I don't care how many bugs it has...

OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODtheresaravenUAVandamuzzleflashandaAAtankandanightfirefightfrombothsidesandagreekmerkavaandaBUNCHOFOTHERSTUFFS!

I. AM. GETTING. ARMA. I. I. I.

Only one thing i don't like - the enemy uses same weapons as NATO - mean the LMG and the M14EBR or they are placeholders for them until they will do some new ones?

Only one thing i don't like - the enemy uses same weapons as NATO - mean the LMG and the M14EBR or they are placeholders for them until they will do some new ones?

WIP (hope so) or compromise because of the reload animations and stuff?

Robert, looks like our mystery AR-15 was indeed a longer barrel version of the MX 6.5mm :)

The ejection port is in the same place and he is holding it by the vertical grip just like the guy near the Fennec.

http://venturebeat.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/arma3_e3_20129.jpg

If that's the rifle that's on 90% of footages then you're wrong =). Mr. Buchta said it's fictional rifle designed by some designer from http://cmandginc.com.

WIP, hopefully. They´ll get their own weapons in time I´m sure. For example, I hope that the Tavors are actually greek militia weapons (from conquered Israeli stockpiles), and that the Iranians will get their own weapon too.

Check this interview (including a high quality version of the E³ presentation and all the screenshots) :)

I'll update this post with new info from the video:

• --

Edited by PurePassion

Check this interview (including a high quality version of the E³ presentation and all the screenshots) :)

It's decent quality. It ain't high quality...

Strangely I find the screenshots far more compelling then the video :confused:

Maybe it's the lighting or a much higher video setting but I just love that shot of the soldiers under the walkway/overpass -stunning!

It's decent quality. It ain't high quality...

yeah, let's say in comparison to yesterday :D

Edited by PurePassion

I'll update this post with new info from the video:

• The clunky rifle that was laying on the ground, is an AUG

At which timecode can it be seen? I´ve only noticed Tavors with ELGMs lying on the ground.

There wasn't AUG , there was 3 tavors - 1 normal and 2 with GL module

also in underwater scene - there is nicely showed the Kel-tec RFB while reloading - named SOAR 6.5mm weapon

Named SOAR 6.5mm weapon

Near miss :icon_twisted: But great perception anyway.

There wasn't AUG , there was 3 tavors - 1 normal and 2 with GL module

also in underwater scene - there is nicely showed the Kel-tec RFB while reloading - named SOAR 6.5mm weapon

Oh yes indeed! I was just looking at it without re-checking it but now I see it. Thanks! :)

Near miss :icon_twisted: But great perception anyway.

SDAR? :D

Submersible Defensive Automatic Rifle?

The effects for that need to be improved. Those bubbles and the beam thingies look like they´re coming straight out of doom right now :/

The effects for that need to be improved. Those bubbles and the beam thingies look like they´re coming straight out of doom right now :/

funny, I'd swear I read the other day somebody complainging about no bubbles at all and now they overdone. Almost unbearable..(alright being im little sarcastic here)

I'd say decreasing the bubble count by 33-50% could fix the distraction problem it creates during firing. Not priority. ;)

That's what happens if you use the principles of supercavitation

Look at these torpedo penguins :p

funny, I'd swear I read the other day somebody complainging about no bubbles at all and now they overdone. Almost unbearable..(alright being im little sarcastic here)

They´re not overdone.

This is how firing a gun underwater looks irl:

<- for pistols. Note the shape of the burst, and the amount of bubbles created. There don´t need to be less bubbles, there need to be -more-, and they need to be more dynamic.

Please don´t put words in my mouth that I never said.

That's what happens if you use the principles of supercavitation

Look at these torpedo penguins :p

Yup. The "beams" of the supercav ammo aren´t quite right yet either, they sort of look a bit like pencils or straight ropes. I bet the dupe.cz build was earlier than the E3 one being shown, so maybe when we get HQ footage of this my complaints will be moot.

I just mean that things could look much better than they do right now. But that also goes for the "dustball" impact effects, for example. It doesn´t look like material is really "kicked up" from the ground as the bullets impact.

InstaGoat, in special purpose weapons, such as underwater sub-machineguns, pistols you'd have a chambre similar to a muffler-converter to retain gases - that's how I would engineer a weapon for such purposes, anyway. That demonstration had been done using a regular handgun.

This is not priority! We're looking like clowns here, discussing such trivialities. ;) AAAHHH, the lack of information creates monsters, monsters I tell you!