Sign in to follow this  
Col.

Terrorattack in Norway's capital, Oslo.

DAMN. I hope the two reported deaths stay the only ones

Some news say that the prime minister's been shot.

POS news tbh.

Edited by Celery

Stopping this before it gets out of hand: vilas, there are more than enough politics threads for you to express your views. Do not turn this into one unnecessarily.

the current reports is that the center of our capitol with our government´s offices are hit by a big bomb.

and the Leading party in Norways´s youth organisation was attacked by a single man dressed in police uniform armed with submachine gun.

they were on an island abit of from our capitol.

media reports that the attacker is caught by police.

several dead youths, several dead in capitol as well..

EDIT: 5 dead confirmed youths on the island, 2 confirmed dead in capitol by bomb, multiple wounded varying degree in hospital ongoing operations.

EDIT2: lol, media is using twitter and facebook to broadcast "confirmed" casualties and info, now its reported by police, 7 in capitol by bomb, amount on island is not yet given by police.

media says they will not use numbers found on those sites unless confirmed by police anymore....

so facebook and twitter determines accepted "correct" facts... good i dont have to much hair, i would have pulled it out.

crasy world, facts come from facebook.

Edited by Demonized

There must be a reason behind the explosion. Think about it, packed four or five bombs around the GovHQ, roasted a car and gave 2 men in history. I bet it's a revenge from the Norway operation of Anti-terrorist.

Sounds like a Norwegian Jared Lee Loughner. Nothing hurts more.

Oh mess.

7 killed by the bomb* Unclear casualties on the politic youth camp*

Hi all

If it is a coordinated attack then that would be the signature of Al Qaeda.

Why the heck they are attacking Norway though is well, heck they are Al Qaeda who can hope for logic with them.

My Condolences to those in Norway for their loss as a nation and in particular to the breaved relatives and my sincerest concern to those injured and their relatives in the hope that they can recover and move beyond this some day.

Sincerely Walker

25-35 killed in the Utoya-shooting. Picture on livestreamed TV, 30 bodies laying across a beach on Utoya :(

My condolences to my fellow Norwegians. It seems unbelievable, but I didn't outrule the fact this might happen one day. It is in a sense "lucky" that this happened at the time where most people were on vacation.

Current status (Day +1, 12:55 CEST):

Government area attack:

• 7 confirmed dead

Labour Party Youth (AUF) camp, Utøya:

• 84 confirmed dead

Governmental area was the apparent target (not a crowded public area) and they suspect the second incident with the Labour Party youth camp is connected. Suspect fired multiple shots at the youth camp and were disguised as a police officer. Police says the false police officer was also present at the bombing. Suspect is apprehended, confirmed as a 32 year old ethnic Norwegian. Police has confirmed there are undetonated bombs at Utøya (AUF camp).

Survivors of this tragedy say now there might be a second unknown shooter involved.

I honestly believe this isn't a fundamentalist, because this seems too much aimed toward political targets and not the general public, as most terror attacks got as targets. Though I'm not outruling fundamentalists either.

Edited by colossus

Al-Qaeda forum Al-Shmukh, type the user Amir Gharozny following:

- This is a warning to the Norwegian Prime Minister. You have only a short time on you to leave Afghanistan, a grave for their soldiers. Otherwise, the blood flow in their streets, he writes.

- Twitter message.

we are all norwegians in this moment, even if i dont have blond hair and i dont fish :) :o

My sympathy and my emphaty to the Norwegian people.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

it sounds like i said (but it was deleted)

or simply al-cayda want to "sign under other men work to show itself stronger than in real" (and to seem stronger testing will it work or not)

strange that labour party, it sounds irrational, cause probably left-wing party is against war

so it would be sensless to attack such party

or labour party is pro war ? i don't know Norwegian politic scene (in Poland very left and very right wings are against war, liberals are for it)

how does it match to those who were attacked (labour party) ?

it sounds like i said (but it was deleted)

or simply al-cayda want to "sign under other men work to show itself stronger than in real" (and to seem stronger testing will it work or not)

strange that labour party, it sounds irrational, cause probably left-wing party is against war

so it would be sensless to attack such party

or labour party is pro war ? i don't know Norwegian politic scene (in Poland very left and very right wings are against war, liberals are for it)

how does it match to those who were attacked (labour party) ?

It has been the leading government party since 2005, and Norway hasn't left Afghanistan during that time. Also, Nordic parties tend to be quite moderate in their views, so you won't easily find a major left or right wing party that fits the stereotypical image elsewhere.

Edited by Celery

Its a scary felling knowing that not to long ago a bomb went of here i "Stockholm" capital of sweden, and now this. Its very unrealistic for me as a resident of Stocholm to see these thing happen so close.

but no matter that deleted my previous posts, it seems i was right, it is reaction from abroad (and our Nato countries are under the same danger because of our politicians too, my country is very active in A-Stan and Iraq too)

shame that "usual citizen, usual worker, usual shop assistant, usual cleaner, usual clerk" suffer because of "guys in expensive suits"

probably terrorists get to the idea, that attacking civilians is nonsense from 2 points:

- first, when you attack civilian (thinking that society will force anything on politicians) you get anger of society and opposite result, society start to support war

- second, politicians do not care about society (and things which society wants),

so this time Al-Cayda came to wise idea "if policians do not care about people, if attacking people will make society against Muslims, than attack policians, cause only then policians will care"

terrorists also think and choose "what will be more wise" cause attacking like in Russia (theater, hospital, school, subway) they only make anger even of those, who were supporting morally Chechens (and people supporting Chechens changed mind)

attacking usual citizens is worst way to get result, i hope they changed their minds and won't be attacking usual people in any country (like they used to do it ), it's politicians and big business who start wars, not we usual "bread eaters" and i hop we "usual bread eaters" won't suffer more than we suffer because of our own politics

maybe we really should consider removing troops (also a lot of money are spent to war, that can be spend on peaceful things)

troops should be to defend our borders and on UN missions (in case of atrocities like in Africa, Tootsi and Hootu)

Edited by vilas

TV2 says that the Utøya shooter is a tall blonde man. Possibly a nazi.

TV2 says that the Utøya shooter is a tall blonde man. Possibly a nazi.

ooo , so seems that one cyco did this

nazis... gosh... cyco who believes in Hitler (blonde, tall, heheheh , like Goebels) :/

west countries should treat pro-nazis like they were treated here before 1989 by Militia, by strong button in head :]

but why nazi idiot would cooperate with Al-Cayda ? he is cyco, he would not cooperate with Arabic people (cause they are not white and blonde as he)

Edited by vilas

Terrorist group Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami takes responsibility of the attack, says NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/23/world/europe/23oslo.html?_r=1&hp

The same group claimed responsibility for the bombing in Stockholm last year but there's no real evidence that they had any actual involvement in either attack.

You get all sorts of groups claiming responsibility for successful terrorist attacks to try and gain notoriety: At least 3 groups claimed responsibility for the July 7th 2005 and attempted July 21st 2005 attacks in London when they were in fact perpetrated by a home-grown group with no proven links to larger terrorist/jihadist organisations beyond drawing inspiration from Al-Qaeda and the September 11th attacks in 2001.

It'll probably be several days before the real motivation for these incidents becomes clear. Until there are proper statements issued by the Norwegian government or Police; all people can do is speculate.

My condolences to the people of Norway.

From what I've heard from witnesses to the aftermath of these attacks on the BBC I must say I admire the strength and level-headedness that the the Norwegians have displayed in light of these horrific events.