Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

Could ACE mod interfere with satchels in any way? I'm playing a beta Evolution map and I cannot blow the towns tower with six satchel charges.

I wouldn't be surprised if damage is changed by ACE. I remember I used to have a mission that relied on 1 satchel blowing up 3 antennas when you place it in the center, but since some ACE version it no longer worked, satchel needed to be placed right under an antenna to destroy it.

I guess that's one tough antenna :)

Possible workarounds would be to either script the antenna to be destroyed once it had taken enough damage or to start it in a damaged state so it doesn't need as much damage to be destroyed.

I think the problem is because the mission parameters are set so only satchel charges can destroy radio towers. The mission is not ACE supported yet. I think the changes to the way explosives work in ACE break the missions idea of what a satchel is and isn't. Not sure if that made any sense haha.

I think the problem is because the mission parameters are set so only satchel charges can destroy radio towers. The mission is not ACE supported yet. I think the changes to the way explosives work in ACE break the missions idea of what a satchel is and isn't. Not sure if that made any sense haha.

It does make sense. Not sure about Evo, haven't played it since A1, but some missions have damage event handlers that check what was used so they prevent you from blowing things up with Javelins from 2km away and force you to place satchels. Like the TFOR mission, the SCUD objective for example, you can place 1000 satchels and still won't go down :). That won't work with ACE.

Man I can't believe this latest update...Load times are SO much faster. I love it. Keep up the good work!

Man I can't believe this latest update...Load times are SO much faster. I love it. Keep up the good work!
Glad you guys are enjoying the improvements!

Some more coming, but I think these first improvements will remain the largest.

Indeed, that performance revolution thing is unbelievable and definately deserve it' s name!

Fantastic work fellows.

Better solve permissions, credits issues first before making them available through SU. ;)
Oh my bad, thought the thread was closed because all ACE related things should go in here :D

I made a video, it did not know how to explain in english. This is one bug?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBV-WtWqkTA

My understanding is it's because the smoke uses a viewblock to make sure that AI can't see through it, but as a side-effect also means your camera is tricked into thinking you're in something to the effect of a really small room

My understanding is it's because the smoke uses a viewblock to make sure that AI can't see through it, but as a side-effect also means your camera is tricked into thinking you're in something to the effect of a really small room

Right. An invisible object is spawned (it moves with the wind like the smoke) which blocks the view of the AI. Those objects cause the camera behaviour.

Xeno

I noticed when entering an Apache with a backpack or large weapon they both get dropped before getting in the heli. Is this an ACE feature? Is there a place to load these weapons in cargo in the Apache?

Yes. From the patch notes for the 19th:

Jet pilots are not able to carry primary weapons with them in the cockpit. Helicopter pilots still can carry a primary weapon (does NOT include rocket launchers, backpacks and machineguns - these are stored in a bag outside the aircraft)

Every vehicle has cargo space but I don't remember exactly where the access point is on the Apache.

Where does the bag go? It would be nice if it could be picked up or even went in the gear.

Edit:

Forgive me for being critical, something I normally am not, but the bag drop thing is a little silly and also a pain.(AI teammates and player completely loss it when manning the any gun in the ch-47.) Couldn't one assume that in real life anyone jumping in a heli while wearing a bag would have the sense to take it off when getting in and grabbing while getting out? Do we really need to go so far as to make the player simulate it himself. As an SP mission maker this is a true pain. Why? I can give you a million mission scenarios but I'm not spending that much time. It just seems a little much.

Edited by Manzilla

I noticed that if you hop in a helo with a launcher and then pick it up after getting out the bag remains.

Yes. From the patch notes for the 19th:

Every vehicle has cargo space but I don't remember exactly where the access point is on the Apache.

Thanks for the reply. That answers it. I remember accessing the Apache cargo before but went round and round and the option never appeared this time.

but the bag drop thing is a little silly and also a pain.

At least for my unit this hasn't been a problem for us since we don't have any Tier 1 Sniper/Javelin/Medic/Pilots who kit out for combat then get in the pilot seat.

Pilots don't need weapons, especially not fighter pilots. If a pilot lands in an AO and gets out and starts fighting with weapons he's being silly. If a pilot crashes in an AO a pistol should be enough to keep him safe till he can get CASEVAC'd.

What case are you getting into where pilots are needing rifles?

At least for my unit this hasn't been a problem for us since we don't have any Tier 1 Sniper/Javelin/Medic/Pilots who kit out for combat then get in the pilot seat.

Pilots don't need weapons, especially not fighter pilots. If a pilot lands in an AO and gets out and starts fighting with weapons he's being silly. If a pilot crashes in an AO a pistol should be enough to keep him safe till he can get CASEVAC'd.

What case are you getting into where pilots are needing rifles?

That makes sense for larger groups. But it's only 2 of us that play MSO and our time is limited due to other life responsibilities. So when we play we come up with interesting missions for two people in MSO.

CASEVAC does not work for me in MSO unless I have a backpack radio. Still cannot get the handheld to work with ACE/MSO.

The cargo area does still work fine in the AH-1Z though I did just see.

Perhaps could be an idea to allow vehicle radios to work with MSO, kinda like ACRE supports vehicle radios without the unit needing a radio backpack?

In any case - transport choppers should work fine, and you can put your things in the cargo space.

IIRC most military helicopter pilots do have their rifles in cockpit/near-by and fighter/jet pilots are only equipped with handguns. Perhaps its possible to create units eg "ACE_HeliPilot" and "ACE_JetPilot" with different gear/weapons? No need to equip pilots with heavier weapons like machineguns, sniper rifles or AT/AA launcher. :)

Hi guys, i got a trouble about ACE Wounding System :

Sometime when a guy gets hit, and falls on the ground, and do nothing, but he appears to be fine. When i examine him, the report says : "You examined XY and he appears fine"

So there is no need to give first aid or anything for him. But he just lies there, and do not stands up. If i switch on him, i can only see to one point on the screen, i cannot do anything.

How can i continue the game with that guy ? Any ideas ?

Thanx...