Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE for OA 1.11

Well im talking lasers and flashlights..

Flashlight beam on the wall at 1:45

Yes. Ive also stated that its the majority that doesnt have it. Not that every single person in the RU army dont have it.

With ace, everyone has it..

And this is spetsnaz, where one out of 20 maybe have it. (guess) Ive read somewhere that they have to buy ekstras with their own money.

But screw it, was only trying to help and give some feedback on these weapons and that turned out well so I guess thats it.

Edited by MugAben

Did it ever occur to you to just take one of the base AK models that doesn't have any lasers or flashlights? You can customize gear, you know.

Guess I am then.

Options like 'get another mod'.

Proof, the only proof I have is years of research in pictures and footage. I was just trying to help, and tell you that I cant provide any other proof than what irl footage shows everywhere.

Nevermind, this is the wrong audience for realism in russian weapons I guess. :)

Still presumptious fellow aren't you?

Care for authenticity is not different depending on origin.

Bugs and mistakes can always exist. Proof is important.

In the meantime you have provided proof, so what is the fuzz about?

Customize gear. Well i dont know about that. I can select another weapon with different upgrades, yes. Well last time I checked, ak100 series basic models had flashlights and lasers. There wasnt a base ak 103 for an example. Or, there was but it came with lasers..

Ak103 - laser thing

Ak105 - ^

ak107 - cobra sight

I know its small details, thats why it should be such a big problem to correct it a bit.

All im saying is, these lasers and flashlights are pretty RARE in the RU army. ACE guys that put it on in version whatnot, can use that information and say "Okay, maybe hes on to something since he is insisting so bad, let me research that a bit we might got it wrong". Do what you want, i was just trying to help with a little side input...

Im done :)

Customize gear. Well i dont know about that. I can select another weapon with different upgrades, yes. Well last time I checked, ak100 series basic models had flashlights and lasers. There wasnt a base ak 103 for an example. Or, there was but it came with lasers..

Ak103 - laser thing

Ak105 - ^

ak107 - cobra sight

I know its small details, thats why it should be such a big problem to correct it a bit.

All im saying is, these lasers and flashlights are pretty RARE in the RU army. ACE guys that put it on in version whatnot, can use that information and say "Okay, maybe hes on to something since he is insisting so bad, let me research that a bit we might got it wrong". Do what you want, i was just trying to help with a little side input...

Im done :)

Well you know... this is the Armaverse.....

And also, if I recall the AK-107 isn't the main service rifle? I thought it was still the AK-74M and the AK-100 series were in limited use and to special agencies for the time being. Unless they suddenly changed that within the last year or two and suddenly did a mass export of'm to the rest of the Armed Forces?

Personally think if you can live with them using the AK-107 as a main service weapon (Which I recall it isn't) then you can live with a laser or two? O_o -Shrugs- Just note I'm saying this off of what I can remember so don't take anything to heart XD

E: Notetoself: Don'tpostwhiletired.

Edited by VKing

sick, what time will be available the new update? I anxious about the "performance revolution" :D

Is it me or do maps with ACE 1.12RC2 switch faster than they do with vanilla if you've loaded that "tileset" once already?

Is it that optimization at work?

You should see a major performance improvement...

Xeno

Robalo, A.I much better with controls with arms! thanks guys! Now i can play the great mission "operation cobalt" ;P

Is it just me, or is anyone actually crashing more with these performance improvements? I get insane LOD lag after about 60mins of play and then my ArmA just crashes.

Only happens when Im running ACE. I've reinstalled the game and all my add-ons.

Is it just me, or is anyone actually crashing more with these performance improvements? I get insane LOD lag after about 60mins of play and then my ArmA just crashes.

Only happens when Im running ACE. I've reinstalled the game and all my add-ons.

Please create a ticket with your rpt file: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Also include details like if you use beta, and memory usage of the game when the problems occur.

The mission could be useful too, how much RAM do you have, and if you're running a 32 or 64 bit OS.

Crashdumps should go to the CIT: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT

Edited by Sickboy

I had something strange after Updating

When starting the Game I got an Error Message telling me that the game is unable to find

ArmA2OA.cfg.3D_Performance in

C:\Users\Tonci\Documents\ArmA 2

My grapic Settings were gone and my Game was suddenly in English.

I had to manually rename

ArmA2OA.cfg

to stop the game giving this Error on start.

Everything works fine for now, I´ll put some Pressure on the Game now and test stability.

I had to manually rename the

Shouldn't be related to ACE, sounds like terminated the game while saving the cfg file, or other game bug.