Sign in to follow this  
navy996

If you joined the millitary what branch would you be(army,navy,airforce etc.)

Also please tell why and please be ligit about this post and dont say things like seal team 6 or delta force unless you really mean it.I would be in airforce as UAV Operator because I love flying things mostly helicopters.

Here is an epic video about UAV/Drone

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nMh8Cjnzen8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is the link if video is not working.

Edited by navy996

I am thinking about joining the Australian Army as an Infantry Officer, i'm 15 atm so I have to wait 2 years though

Edited by ArmAriffic

I once joined the army, armoured branch, armoured recon batallion, later radio and radio data transmission operator.

...just because the barracks was just 500m from my home where I grew up.

Such a neighborhood makes young man think and do silly things.

Today the only army I would freely join is the salvation army.

I enlisted in the US Marines back in November as 0300 Infantry, I get my actual job in Infantry in School of Infantry after basic. I ship out to basic in 24 days. :D

Navy Because my uncle was in it Served on HMAS Sydney and a Sub and i do navy cadets

Either US Army or Marines. Like Armariffic I have 2 years till i can join. What i gotta worry about is my vision. Im slightly color deficient and near sighted. Like REALLY near sighted.

if i had to join army (which i don't like because army is not police that has other duty) it would be Military Policeman or any kind of Logistics, to not hurt innocent people (i don't like fact that army goes abroad, i believe in army which defends country within its borders)

cause when you say about army, you say about group of people which many times hurt people defending their territory (Vietnam war as best example, many thousands miles away from US homes)

Edited by vilas

I am thinking about joining the Australian Army as an Infantry Officer, i'm 15 atm so I have to wait 2 years though

Why do infantry as an officer?

If I could Start from Scratch, as much as I love the Royal Marines, I would love to see what it would have been like going another path...

1) Apply for Para's

2) Complete 28 Week Course

3) Join 2/3 PARA

4) 6 Month Attachment to 1 PARA (SFSG)

5) Pathfinder Platoon

6) Sneaky Beak's

Span of around 5 Years / 4 if your CO Likes you :D

At one point I was considering going to the Royal Military College of Canada to become an Officer, most likely going into a non-combative role. Intel, comms, etc. However, I decided against it in the end. ;)

I did join up many years ago and served for many years. Royal Air Force, Air Defence technician. Worked most of my career on Rapier and the rest on Link 11/UKAEGIS.

Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Infantry has been quite hotly contested at RMC recently, and don't forget you will be going up against diggers who have come out of teh Regiment and are going officer.

If you decide to go in as an officer from the get-go you should consider another combat corps (arty, engineers, armoured, for example) as a backup, and a logistics corps as a third option.

Alternatively, start as a digger, work hard until you bust CPL or lance jack, then join the dark side. Downside? Lottttttsa time as a PTE. Upside? Just call everyone Sir/Ma'am.

I don't wanna start up as a PVT (shitty pay) and I already chose Arty as my second option ;)

If I could Start from Scratch, as much as I love the Royal Marines, I would love to see what it would have been like going another path...

1) Apply for Para's

2) Complete 28 Week Course

3) Join 2/3 PARA

4) 6 Month Attachment to 1 PARA (SFSG)

5) Pathfinder Platoon

6) Sneaky Beak's

Span of around 5 Years / 4 if your CO Likes you :D

Why restart?

You don't need to join the Parachute Regiment or even the Army to apply for SFSG, PF, or UKSF; all three are tri-service on paper. Becoming a Paratrooper for the sake of it ultimately being a transient step seems a bit pointless if you've found you're happy as a bootneck.

Pathfinder Platoon's apparently all-Army in practice, but only as a consequence of the people who've actually managed to pass selection. They're definitely not an all-Paratrooper unit though; I've met a couple of Sappers (though I think they were probably from 23 Engineer Regiment), and a Cav bloke who've served with them.

Edited by da12thMonkey

I think the Airforce would be the best job. The Navy the worst.

I think the Navy appeals to me most out of the three. I just view it to be more vital our national defence. The senior service.

actually I want to be a professional russian

:D

I hope you know that he isn't actually Russian. :p

IF i would enlist, then in the croatian navy or as a pilot. This will never happen due to some injuries that i got in playing baseball, driving my bike, diving...