At first and only for your eyes...;)

V.I.P.-Report:: Review of the COWarMod v1.2 by Günter Severloh

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=1209

Both versions hosted by ArmA2Base:

COWarMod-Full:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=3620

COWarMod-Lite:

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=4895

Thanks once again for so much fun and the possibility to act like a real soldier, if one wants...

All for now

McLupo

Hi McLupo,

Thank you for the review!

Also thank you for the donation to my site, you and Savage have really helped me out alot, seriously from the total of $20 donated between the both of you I can keep my site going for the next 4+ months, I really do appreciate that, considering Im financially tight, with the dam debts I got and trying to get caught up on things $5 for me is precious, lol sounds kinda of dumb but the website is one less bill I need to pay for.

The Website subscription is all I used any donated funds for, donations go to my paypal account which in turn I renew my subscription,

subscription on the site is normally $4.95 which isn't very much but I only have the starter package for the site which gives me these features:

-DNS Hosting

-Master Password(Set)

-Form Submissions

-Webzoom

-Multi-Uploads

-Unlimited Photos in WebsAlbum

-Ad Removal

-Bandwidth

-Storage

-App

-Single Video Length

-Total Video Storage

-HD Video

-Rich Email Blasts

-Live Chat Support

-Premium Templates

-Unlimited Pages

-App

-Mobile Website

the one I bolded is a serious plus, with freewebs you can create a website for free, and you have a limited number of pages you can have about 15 is the limit I think,

but with the starter package you get unlimited which what I needed for all the info I have for the WarMod and SLX series,

and sometime this summer CAA1 will be in the mix as well as more tutorials, scripts, and many other things for building missions,

i have about 121 pages on my site right now, and more to come in the next couple of months.

again I appreciate the donations and help, thanks once again.

I will update the front page here over the weekend.

Question - need help

Question for anyone, I need someone to edit a picture and remove something, and then convert to paa, is anyone decent at working with graphics?

I normally would have my buddy do it has he always has but hes rather busy.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

The promo trailer is here: Please enjoy!

Edited by JetlinerX

Hi JetlinerX

That is pretty epic work you did there :459::computer: music is very fitting, it looks like a bloody hell with the burning trees, and fire,

and wounded and dismembered bodies, lol, man very well done! You sure know how to make videos!

I'm wondering if it were possible to make a video with in the time range of about 5 min to demonstrate various features of the mod, from infantry aspects,

to helicopters to the air, and tanks, wounding system, tracers, etc,. would that be asking to much, I mean Its up to you, your just helping the mod out,

I'd definatley give you credits on the first page of the thread, here as well as the readmes, and my website for what you have contributed, definitely

better then what I can come up with.

Video i would need is one for WarMod for Arma1 even though not as massive as COWarMod, it does have alot of great features, and effects,

I had a few videos more just gameplay vids of clips for the mod a couple of years ago but I had copyright thing on them for the music I was using so i had to remove them.

But your video is ausome, I'm going to see if they can put it up on the COWarMod Download page.

Thank you very much for your time and efforts in this, and I very much appreciate our contribution to WarMod!

I will add the vid to my website too, i think other COWarMod fans should see your work!

No problem! Yeah, I can definitely do a features video too. It might be a tad longer for me to make, if that is okay with you. Otherwise, I will get started soon! Glad you enjoyed it, thanks for the kind words. :)

Your welcome, and i'm honored that you had gone out of your way to take up such a project, I really respect that.

I'm thinking that could wait for now, as CWM is already released, and been out for a week now, what I'd like to do is if your up for it create a video for WarMod for Arma1.

of course you would need the mod and when you do, play with it for a bit to get the feel of whats in it and how it plays.

I can send you a link to the mod, but it will have the features readme missing as im still working on that atm.

But the mod is pretty much ready to go.

This is a very impressive and powerful video. Günter Severloh already said it but I like your choice of music, too.

Some of those who watch the video might not know exactly what COWarMod is and does. They might be tempted to check for details if they get some basic info about the mod. I would put it directly into the video because some people may watch the video on other web sites. The info you placed below the video in Youtube would be lost to this part of the audience.

Edited by Alpha-Kilo

Alpha - Yeah, thats why we are making a features video too. This was a trailer, to hopefully grab interest, for people to go check it out. I totally get what you are saying though!

Gunter - Alrighty, I am ready for the ArmA 1 version at any time. ;)

Gunter - Alrighty, I am ready for the ArmA 1 version at any time.

Ok, I just got to zip the file up, and upload, and then I'll pm ou with the link.

2 things,

1. theres no features readme as im still working on it, I would have finished it last night but ended up going to bed early.

2. the loading screen isn't up to date as it also has Arma2 on it, i cant get a hold of my buddy to update it so it only says Armed Assault and then WarMod,

so Arma2 is in there, but overall the mod is pretty much ready to go.

A list of features the mod has will be long, but if you make a trailer vid then this could give you an idea on what features to capture:

some of the major features you should notice, im not listing them all as there are alot but heres a few of them.

Some major features of WarMod for Arma1

-Blood! lots of bleeding, blood trails, blood splatters, lol its cool

-ejecting brass each gun-infantry, tanks, vehicles, choppers, ect,. will put shells based on the gun shot on the ground, so you'll see m203 shells, bullet casings,

tank 50 cal shells (big), and the AH1 shells too from the the AH1 pretty bad ass.

-wounding if you dont shoot the AI good and just wound them they will aly there in pain, but after a bit theres a possibility of them bleeding to death or another AI healing them, or they themselves healing themselves, I noticed this seems to work better with WarMod then in COWarMod, I was surprised many times by AI after I shot them to get shot at because I hadn't fully made sure they were dead.

-AI will surprise you they will climb ladders, go on balconies, they will search for you if you shot at them and run away, they will also suppress you,

and you should be able to suppress them, I nknow they run for cover if you throw a grenade at them

they will also flank you in ways you thought weren't possible

and many other things

-tracers are cool, especailly at night, they are little big, so you may feel your playing star wars at times but its still pretty bad ass,

mod is not meant to be 100% realistic,

its to make it more playable with many features, and make it more funner, that it does.

-explosions, dust, and impacts, are pretty epic

-sound, the mod has a sound mod built in, can be removed if you dont like it but its pretty cool, better then vanilla I think

-AI has a voice, is really cool, they actually say stuff based on the situation, and alot better then they do in COWarMod, it can be funny at times too,

and it will spook you sometimes, as when you make a kill they will say stuff accordingly, like great shot, or stuff of the like, very immersive

-Healing and bandaging is made possible by ecs, and SLX, you'll find they AI as said they take care of their own, so what you think is dead or killed may or may not be, so watch your back.

-helicopter can take a beating, unlike in vanilla you'd get killed after being shot, oh and the AI with RPG's will engage choppers

if they the choppers are low enough, same with inf a weapons

-satchels you can attach to vehicles, even while inside them

-the movement of your player character has been sped up a little, and alot of dexterity and crazy movement seen in vanilla has been removed,

or mad more controllable,

so less gun moving on you, and frustration.

one thing theres no mod for is the rifle zoom like in CoWarMod which i really enjoyed, I'd like to figure that out.

-Tanks have TankFCS see this mod which is in WarMod:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2217&highlight=NWD_TANKFCS

theres alot more features then that but thats a good run down.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Ya man, just download the mod from the link i sent you, any questions let me know.

the slx_melee.pbo causes major rpt spamming on servers that do not have the mod. just over 800,000 lines of the following

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.SLX_OKC3S_Bayonet_Knife_Item'.

Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.

Warning Message: Error: creating magazine SLX_OKC3S_Bayonet_Knife_Item with scope=private

I second that, I get tons or RPT with this mod... but I am no modder, so I didnt know what to do. xD

Hello Folks!

I've FINALLY found the time to install v.1.2 of the mod, and I'm all set to dive into the Editor and the game, when I get the following Error Message:

[X]

(X) Include file @COSLX\addons\SLX.hpp not found.

[OK]

I did a keyword search of "SLX.hpp" and it was found in the "Optional" folder, so I copied it and pasted it into the mod's Addons folder, but I'm still getting the same Error Message. Any advice?

Shaking in anticipation...!

This has been solved in the past, but I will post it again so you dont have to hunt it down.

remove the following files:

SLX_ace_fixes

SLX_aiskill

SLX_anim_swim

I am pretty sure thats how I solved my issue. If not, I'll redownload the mod, and give you better instructions :)

Sorry for hijacking your "customer support" Gunter ;)

Edited by JetlinerX

Lol No worries Jetlinerx, sometimes I need a break especially yesterday, i was tired as anything and was not motivated to do anything.

I've FINALLY found the time to install v.1.2 of the mod, and I'm all set to dive into the Editor and the game, when I get the following Error Message:

CoWarMod even though it is version 1.2 has been updated because of those 3 files mentioned, so Kyle you may have the original previous v 1.2 of the

CoWarMod when it first released, after it released and I got a couple of reports on the thread here I totally forgot about those 3 files and then

i just updated them and resent a new updated v 1.2 to Armaholic.

I did a keyword search of "SLX.hpp" and it was found in the "Optional" folder, so I copied it and pasted it into the mod's Addons folder,

but I'm still getting the same Error Message. Any advice?

Yes either remove the files Jetlinerx listed, or download the updated files below.

Now if you remove those files then you wont have those features.

Reason why you cannot just put the hpp back in the addons folder based on the error saying its missing is because the whole error states

that it needs the @COSLX addons folder.

So those 3 files are looking for a folder that says @COSLX, but you wont find it.

All it is is a configuration change, so my update is basically telling the 3 files to find the hpp in

the @COWarMod addons folder versus the @COSLX.

Download for the updated files

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/42601124/COWarMod%20Fix.rar

take those 3 and the hpp and put them in the @COWarMod addons folder.

Hey JetlinerX how goes WarMod for Arma1?

the slx_melee.pbo causes major rpt spamming on servers that do not have the mod. just over 800,000 lines of the following

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.SLX_OKC3S_Bayonet_Knife_Item'.

Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.

Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.

Warning Message: Error: creating magazine SLX_OKC3S_Bayonet_Knife_Item with scope=private

So should we disable this mod for now to prevent this rpt spamming (I presume this is a bad thing/makes players unpopular with the server admin)?

---------- Post added at 14:49 ---------- Previous post was at 14:45 ----------

I imagine it's a good idea to update to v3.01 of TPWCAI? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?136304-TPWC-AI-suppression-system

I guess we should delete v2 of this mod from the COWARMOD folder and just install v3 into it's own folder.

Note that it's config file is somewhat different from v2, so you'll need to overwrite that with the new one and perhaps it will need tweaking to make it the same as before.

TPWLOS looks interesting as well and it would be good to know if anyone can say if it's compatible with COWARMOD.

This has been solved in the past, but I will post it again so you dont have to hunt it down.

I want to thank you and Gunter for your help on this. Sorry that I didn't read back on the thread, I'm so tired that I didn't even think of doing so (as Gunter already knows, I'm in the midst of taking care of some ill family members, and the lack of sleep is scrambling my brains and keeping them scrambled).

These details are sure to prove helpful, as I'm sure to experience sometime later today.

Your Welcome Kyle, any future questions dont hesitate to ask.

@doveman

yes remove the file if its spamming, the file will be

slx_melee

slx_melee_give

they should be ok in sp.

Mod update

As far as the tpwc_ai_suppress mod, yes if you can update it on your own do so,

because Im not going to upload a 1.10 gig mod for 1 update, it takes to much time.

So for those that have no clue on what were talking about, this mod:

TPWC AI suppression system (TPWCAS)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17049

has been updated, just download the updated version and then move the userconfig and the addons

to their proper places, and you should be asked if you want to overwrite, just say yes.

TPWLOS looks interesting as well and it would be good to know if anyone can say if it's compatible with COWARMOD.

Look in the customization folder under Ai enhancement, and try it out, It might have been updated already, but I didn't add it,

i did test it, and I forget what the results were but like some mods like ESS I left up to you.

any other questions, reports, est,. please post your reply.

As far as the tpwc_ai_suppress mod, yes if you can update it on your own do so,

because Im not going to upload a 1.10 gig mod for 1 update, it takes to much time.

I agree that this mod is worth releasing an update for the COWarMod.

However I also think that it's worth including the latest update to the ASR AI mod as it has a massive changelog.

Only problem is that it's in beta.

So it might be worth waiting a few days or a week until Robalo declares it stable.

Hi Gunter,

I noticed that while I have COWARMOD running both allied and hostile infantry units each have a large green ball floating above their head.

I disabled all mods and the balls no longer showed up, I started with only COWARMOD and CBA enabled and I again have the green balls appear.

Do you know which file in your mod is causing this? I looked a few pages back and didn't see anything related to my problem.

Hi Gunter,

I noticed that while I have COWARMOD running both allied and hostile infantry units each have a large green ball floating above their head.

I disabled all mods and the balls no longer showed up, I started with only COWARMOD and CBA enabled and I again have the green balls appear.

Do you know which file in your mod is causing this? I looked a few pages back and didn't see anything related to my problem.

It will be TPWC AI suppression (just edit the settings in the user config). Anyway, that mod should be updated now that it is out of beta. Note that the original .cpp in User config must be replaced; the 'official' 3.01 release config is mutually incompatible with earlier versions.

Run with at least the v1.15.1_test5 version of asr_ai (though v1.16beta 1 looks even better) and TPW_LOS,and you will have some epic firefights :D

that while I have COWARMOD running both allied and hostile infantry units each have a large green ball floating above their head.

It will be TPWC AI suppression (just edit the settings in the user config).

Orcinus is correct on this. I haven't yet decompressed the 3.01 build of TPWC AI suppression, but I would go out of my way if I were you, and open up the configuration file that comes with it, and see if the debugging mode is "On" (denoted with a "1") by default. For the previous two releases of TPWC, the colored markers were on by default. A simple adjustment will get rid of it for you.

Hi Gunter,

This has ALSO been covered in previous posts. xD

Hey JetlinerX how goes WarMod for Arma1?

It's coming along. ;)

Edited by JetlinerX

Thanks for the quick response, worked perfectly.