The file you refer to that you removed from CWM v1.2, was that left in CWM-CL as that's what I'm using

so I guess I'll need to remove it if you only removed it from CWM-Full?

Was removed in both versions. review the Changelog.

To compile a list of missions/campaigns that have issues you'll need to play one with CWM and then same one without and then notice the changes.

if you can determine the mods or files causing the issue then we'll list them with the mission, if not then we need to find the culprit.

But overall keep it straight forward and simple, dont want to make a book out of a simple list,

just a mission list and files that cause issues with it if we know what they are.

I'm not interested in details of the mission, just list what issues are occurring.

This would be like the readme I had included called "known Issues" it basically lists the file and what issue it has thats it.

It hard to compile something when you have to sift through pages of info just to find a single line that says what the problem is in 2 words,

although I did this for the entire SLX WIP thread, lol thats how I came up with COSLX but none the less just doing that took me 3 hrs if not more to go through the whole thing.

keep it simple.

Was removed in both versions. review the Changelog.

OK, cool.

To compile a list of missions/campaigns that have issues you'll need to play one with CWM and then same one without and then notice the changes.

if you can determine the mods or files causing the issue then we'll list them with the mission, if not then we need to find the culprit.

Well I've played it with and without the CWM-AI mods (and it mentions in the thread that it will probably have problems with AI mods) and with the CWM-AI mods it was unplayable as:

a) at the first stage the supporting AI were dead or injured before I got there. Without the AI-mods they were firing away at the enemy.

b) at the third stage, trying to get in the machine gun bunker on a couple of occassions I died for no reason, before any shots were fired. Also the AI never shot at the advancing enemy. Without the AI-mods neither of these problems happened (although the first may have been an unrelated glitch).

I was wondering if we could perhaps all help to compile a list of missions/campaigns (whether SP or Co-op) that we've successfully played with COWarMod, either in this thread or a separate one (up to you Gunter, maybe you don't want this thread getting too cluttered)?

Obviously it's ideal if you've previously played the same mission without COWarMod as you'll be more likely to spot if anything strange happens/doesn't happen but even if it's the first time you've played it, just being able to say that you were able to complete it and there was nothing obviously broken would be great.

That way other users will be able to choose a mission to play without worrying if it's going to work or not. If the mission requires additional mods to COWarMod, listing those as well would help build a list of which mods work OK on top of COWarMod and if there are other missions that use the same mods, perhaps users can feel fairly sure that those will work OK with COWarMod as well.

And if anyone wants Arma3 to deal with mods much better, please consider voting for this ticket ;) https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35469#change-139447

I have voted for your ticket. I have been toying with the same idea and I thank you for putting this subject on the CIT.

Regarding the mission list, I think the same thing should be done for COWarModAce as well. My only contribution so far is thomsonb's Flashpoint series, which works well with CoWarMod non-Ace and Ace. In both versions, Kronsky's Supportcall is a nice extra.

Edit: Mission info formatted as per posting #604:

Mission name: Flashoint series by thomsonb

Mission type: SP

Mission link: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11138, http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12993

Mission status with COWarMod v 1.2: I didn't notice any problems.

Mission status with COWarModACE v 1.2: I didn't notice any problems.

Mission status without COWarMod v 1.2: I didn't notice any problems.

Problem files to remove: None

Edited by Alpha-Kilo

Heres my idea on the compilation mission list, this is to format this compilation so that its readable and the information

can be found easily without having to search through a whole thread just to get an answer.

Mission name

Mission Type

sp, mp Coop,tdm,cti, ect,.

mission link

where to get it, as well as to create an association for folks so they know what your referring to, and if they never played it.

Mission status with COWarMod v 1.2

this would be any problems or not with CWM, this is not pointing to any culprit files, just what the game is doing.

Mission status without COWarMod v 1.2

this would be how the mission plays if no one ever played it how it is supposed to run.

Problem files to remove

(if any) again this is another status basically if the mission did have issues with CWM then the culprit files listed to remove would here.

NOTES

a note on the mission status titles:

purpose of the mission status is to create a comparison from working and not working, or playing as it supposed to and not playing as it should,

you get the idea, but this comparison should give a clear idea about how the mission works with CWM.

Also note,

it may or may not be easy to find the culprit files to a given situation in a mission, unless someone has played the mission through

and can confirm what is working and what is not then noting only a coupe of things with short play is only semi accurate.

Even if culprit files are found to cause issues with some things, dont mean the whole mission is still not being bugged with other stuff,

so the status of the mission in terms of the whole thing was played through i leave up to you guys, I'm only compiling what you report,

and help determining any if causes culprit files that may or may not be bugging a given mission.

===============

This is the general premise of what i had in mind, so when you report use that format.

What will be done

Every mission reported I will build the list accordingly, I will have the list posted on a page, and then have a link on the front page,

i will also have the link posted on the the Armaholic download pages, as well as listed on my site.

So on with the reports, as said keep it simple and clean in the format.

@alpha-kilo, thanks for the vote for my ticket. Hopefully BIS will take the idea on-board. I've found the mod issues so frustrating that I don't think I'll be buying any future ARMAs until they do something like that. I've wasted so much time trying missions only to find a mod has broken them and I have to quit that I haven't really got to play ArmaII much, apart from the campaign which I played without any mods after finding it didn't work with them. One of the main attractions with ARMA is the mods, particularly as they often fix issues that BIS have overlooked, so they really need to sort this out.

Thanks for the contribution to the COWarMod-compatible mission list.

@Gunter, thanks for the report template. That's a great idea and will help to ensure any reports come in a standard format which you can easily transpose to your list.

Hi Gunter

As you know so much about mods I thought you'd be a good person to ask ;)

Is there a mod that stops the player lying down everytime he opens the gear/inventory menu? There might be something in CWM that does this but if so I haven't got it enabled as I still crouch when opening Gear and go prone when picking up a weapon (that's not in a container).

I've also run into a problem with CWM, in that pressing Q to increase thrust in my chopper (or indeed not in a vehicle) sends some sort of command to the AI. If there's no AI it just spams "No player available" or something but I just tried in a chopper (on the ground) with AI and it sends "All Form All Round Defence" and they all get out. Apart from"Increase Thrust" it's only mapped to the default "Evasive Left".

Is there a mod that stops the player lying down everytime he opens the gear/inventory menu?

In vanilla Arma2CO the character will crouch but prone is new to me, you might want to look into the smk animation mod as that changes alot of animation features.

I've also run into a problem with CWM, in that pressing Q to increase thrust in my chopper (or indeed not in a vehicle) sends some sort of command to the AI.

If there's no AI it just spams "No player available" or something but I just tried in a chopper (on the ground) with AI and it sends "All Form All Round Defence"

and they all get out. Apart from"Increase Thrust" it's only mapped to the default "Evasive Left".

Ya your issue here is with ARD mod, go into the userconfig and find ARD and then review the hpp there and then remap your controls for ARD,

it has a number=key system setup in there, just change the corresponding key for your thrust or rather lift.

This is part of one of the mods that I have setup on my website on the menu titled "How Enable Features" -->http://warmod.webs.com/ardallarounddefense.htm

As theres certain mods in CWM that in order to use them you need to setup your controls, and add or place something in the editor or ingame to get the features to work,

for ARD its just a matter of configuring your controls via the HPP in the userconfig.

There are some new mods I need to add to that list, but right now Im taking a break from the mod need a change of game scene and mod work.

Thanks Gunter, that How to section on your website's very useful (not just for ARD). I've changed it from Q to SCROLL for now, which should be OK (always hard to find a spare key in ArmA!)

I don't blame you for taking a break, you spent a lot of time on this and you'd probably go crazy if you didn't have one from time to time ;)

I don't think SMK helps with the prone when picking up weapons as I tested with and without it and it did the same. I'll make another thread to see if anyone else has come across this.

Your welcome.

Taking a break on modding is much needed, in the past months, I released WarMod v 1.5, COWarMod v 1.2 x 2 versions,

COWarModACE, and my next one when I ready to go will be A2WarMod v 1.5, and then an update for CWM.

For the SMK thing i was saying remove it not try it, but IDK I never had any issues with my character going prone for the gear, are you running

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod by default for CWm, or you have other mods your running?

Did You patch your game to the 1.62 and then test your vanilla game to make sure something isn't broke?

I'll make another thread to see if anyone else has come across this.

Keep CWm with CWM moderators will frown apon another thread about a mod that has a thread and lock it, I suggest making sure that the

running the vanilla game and see if it still happens, if not then add CWm and see if you get with CWM, if so then you'll want to review the readmes on the player movement files.

Yeah, I tested with Vanilla 1.62 and it does the same. It's not quite prone, somewhere in between crouch and prone but it's slow and annoying as IRL you'd just bend forward and pick up the weapon. It even does it when picking up a weapon off a table in front of you, which looks even wierder!

Hmm, is it possible for you to record a small clip of it?

Did you have the same issue in 1.60 vanilla?

I put a couple of videos in my thread here showing it.

I haven't tested with 1.60 vanilla yet but I will when I get a chance.

EDIT: OK, tested with 1.60 vanilla and it's the same.

Edited by doveman

As I said on your other forum, there is nothing wrong with it... thats how it is with the game.

Hi Gunter,

I was wondering, do you have a particular mission or CAMP that you use to further test your MOD besides using UTES island or Editor?

Thanks!

Only mission I use to test the most is a small mission I built but it just a weapons testing mission on the desert map,

I have set up various weapons and guns, armored, ect,. for testing various things.

I never use utes island, always desert, I can do multiple tests in an hour, and loading huge maps take longer to get done what i need to find out, so desert loads quick.

If you want this mission let me know, i may have to update it but in general the vehicles destroyed will respawn, so you can keep blowing stuff up, or whatever,

other tests involving AI I just throw together on the fly.

I need some help, I have Arma CO 1.62, and there's green orbs over the the units when seen, is there a way I can remove these green orbs? I've looked through the mod features and I can't find what's causing this.

I'm thinking perhaps I should disable the SMK mods, as looking at it's thread it's labelled as a PVP mod and says it can cause problems for the AI getting stuck in stances, etc, so doesn't sound like a good thing to use for offline missions/campaigns with AI. When I play online PVP I can't use CWM anyway as the server controls what mods can be used.

Shame though as the extra moves are cool.

I need some help, I have Arma CO 1.62, and there's green orbs over the the units when seen, is there a way I can remove these green orbs? I've looked through the mod features and I can't find what's causing this.

I suspect these will be from either TPWC AIS or TPW_LOS. The early (beta) version of TPWC AIS had debugging on by default.

TPWC_AIS has had several updates since COWM was compiled, the latest has just been released. Well worth monitoring the thread

Check you have the latest versions of each, & be sure to delete the corresponding old user config (.hpp) files & replace them with the new ones.

I suspect these will be from either TPWC AIS or TPW_LOS. The early (beta) version of TPWC AIS had debugging on by default.

TPWC_AIS has had several updates since COWM was compiled, the latest has just been released. Well worth monitoring the thread

Check you have the latest versions of each, & be sure to delete the corresponding old user config (.hpp) files & replace them with the new ones.

Thank you for covering that for the millionth time in this topic. LOL! When will people start looking back? In over 60 pages, they dont think anyone else had a similar problem?

"60 pages" is part of the problem :)

@Gunter - hi mate, may I suggest adding a line to the first post to the effect that TPWC AIS, TPW_LOS and ASR_AI are still under active development, that the versions in the compilation are now out of date, & that users should check the relevant threads for the current versions ("it is easier than having to keep downloading repeated COWM updates would be if I were willing to keep making them")".

Cheers

Orc

Hey guys,

Ya good idea Orcinus, that has always been an issue with CWM having mods updating constantly, all I can say is update those mods on your

end if you know they have an update, otherwise you all will be waiting for the next version and re download the whole mod again, but ya

I'll add something to the front page, I'd like to think most folks see the front page before they decide to post, at least the new guys.

It sounds like in general that mod is running pretty good without any bugs or anomalies.

As for the mission compilation, I cannot compile anything if you guys aren't reporting anything, so far we only have one mission series reported.

I've found a few files don't seem to be where they should, according to the documentation.

For example, slx_wounds and slx_netcode (which is a dependency for slx_wounds apparently) are listed in All SLX Features.rtf under "Feature Files -(files located in the @COWarMod addons folder)" but whilst slx_wounds is in addons\ (along with slx_wounds_ais and slx_wounds_heads), slx_netcode is only in Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\SLX\SLX Lite and SLX Plus\SLX-Plus\addons.

slx_ace_fixes, SLX_BIS_BC_Fix and SLX_BIS_XEH are similarly listed in the rtf as being in COWarMOD addons\ but are only found in Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\SLX\Working SLX Files not in COWarMod (SLX_BIS_BC_Fix is also found in Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\SLX\SLX Lite and SLX Plus\SLX-Plus\addons)

Also, the mods listed in "AI Enhancement.rtf" and "AI Shouts & Voices.rtf" aren't listed in "All Features List.rtf"

Perhaps some or all of these were fixed for CWM-Full, as I've only got CWM-Lite.

slx_wounds and slx_netcode (which is a dependency for slx_wounds apparently) are listed in All SLX Features.rtf under

"Feature Files -(files located in the @COWarMod addons folder)"

If i remember correctly that readme was an old build from COSLX which i may have forgot to update for COWarMod.

whilst slx_wounds is in addons\ (along with slx_wounds_ais and slx_wounds_heads), slx_netcode is only in

Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\SLX\SLX Lite and SLX Plus\SLX-Plus\addons.

SLX Lite and SLX Plus are their own mods added to the mod, I did not build these, these were built by domokun, you either use lite, or plus, not both,

and by them selves, without any other slx.

Also, the mods listed in "AI Enhancement.rtf" and "AI Shouts & Voices.rtf" aren't listed in "All Features List.rtf"

There not going to be, as the all features list are the files that are in the actual addons folder of CWM, you have the customization lite version

and that version those mods are in the customization folder, so they wont be listed in the all features readme.

As stated in the All features List readme:

The following list of files are listed in Alphabetical and numerical order.

All the files listed here are in the @COWarMod addons folder.

No files that are not in the addons folder will be listed, customization is meant for customization that means they were left out and left to the player's discretion.

However in the full version files are lsited accordingly, most if not all the mods in the customization folder of the full version are in the CWM addons folder.

also you dont need to note that a readme is an rtf, as 99% of them are, only readmes that are text docs are the following:

-changelog

-PLEASE READ! WarMod Disclaimer

-readmes in the Mod readmes folder

-Features by Subject readme

Did clear anything up for you doveman?

Hi Gunter

Sorry, I was mistaken on most of those points ;)

I've divided CWM into three folders to make it easier for me to disable stuff for testing, @CWM, @CWM-CBA and @CWM-AI. I thought I'd searched them all but slx_netcode is in addons (in my @CWM-CBA) whilst slx_wounds was originally in \Customization\AI Enhancement\SLX AI in fact. slx_ace_fixes, SLX_BIS_BC_Fix and SLX_BIS_XEH aren't in addons but as you say, that "All SLX Features" may be outdated and those files aren't needed anymore.

As for the files listed in "AI Enhancement.rtf" and "AI Shouts & Voices.rtf" they are indeed not in the addons folder for CWM-Lite and I obviously copied them to addons myself.

EDIT: I might have found another minor issue. In Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\TrueMods\TrueMods not in COWarMod\ there's "TrueUser_IGUI_Theme_TrueMods" and in the "TrueMods not in COWarMod" readme it says "To be used with TrueUser_IGUI_Hud_Black" but that doesn't appear to be included in CWM.

Do you think it might be worth adding a note about the mission compilation and your template to the first post? Might get noticed better by new visitors to the thread and hopefully result in some more reports for you (I've been playing online the last few days but I'm pretty rubbish so I'll probably go back to SP and testing soon!)

---------- Post added at 11:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

By the way, I haven't tested it myself yet but this campaign "Blood on the sand" which I'll try sometime seems to have problems with SLX http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118799-CAMP-Blood-On-The-Sand&p=2200456&viewfull=1#post2200456 but not with ASR or Zeus so I'll test it with just SLX disabled and see if it works OK like that.

Edited by doveman

EDIT: I might have found another minor issue. In Customization\Optional TWEAKS & MODS\TrueMods\TrueMods not in COWarMod\ there's "TrueUser_IGUI_Theme_TrueMods"

and in the "TrueMods not in COWarMod" readme it says "To be used with TrueUser_IGUI_Hud_Black" but that doesn't appear to be included in CWM.

Probably forgot to add it, a massive compilation like this 200+addons and mods in one mod plus readmes is alot of work, at some times if you dont catch yourself,

or have things organized well you can forget things, and some I certainly have.

If I actually had a team of people who cared about actual idea of having all the amazing mods from the community modder's for gameplay and effects, Ai ect,.

in one mod which is in a genre of a mod by itself, the mod probably be alot better then what it is, and what it is, is really not bad at all,

considering I spent months on testing alone.

Do you think it might be worth adding a note about the mission compilation and your template to the first post?

Yes it might be worth it to make a note for those that see the first post. Could use more folks testing whatever missions or theres going to be nothing to compile,

I mean theres thousands of missions out there, choose all the popular ones that everyone plays and that would be a good list to read, to start, list the stock missions

for the game itself, the missions and campaigns, and then go for custom missions, either or dont matter

to me I'll put it together with whatever you guys report.

Please use the format when you report too, I really dont care about details of the mission, refer to the previous post back a page about the format.