Hi doveman sorry for the late reply.

As you had suggested the best thing to do is to run COWarMod by itself and see if you still get the issue, also run the vanilla game

by itself, same scenario and everything, to see if its not the vanilla game acting weird.

Also be sure that if your running any beta patches that its not the beta patches, so run COWarMod with just 1.60.

What AI mods did you to your game?

I might be able to give you an idea if any one of them are causing the issue.

Hi Gunter

I've not been able to recreate the freezing bug today with just COWarMod (with or without the AI mods). I thought it might be caused by CBA which I needed for JSRS, but then I realised that COWarMod needs CBA anyway (or at least one mod does). Anyway, I'll do some more testing, adding a few other things like JSRS.

I've got some annoying visual glitches, which I ruled out COWarMod as the cause by running vanilla but perhaps you might have some ideas how to fix them. I wonder if the PROPER mods might fix the popup problems, particularly

RoadsVisibleAtDistance_Visuals_C_ PROPER.pbo

StaticsVisibleAtDistance_Visuals_ C_PROPER.pbo

TreesVisibleAtDistance_Visuals_C_ PROPER.pbo

VehiclesVisibleAtDistance_Visuals _C_PROPER.pbo

I don't think they'll help with the flickering shadows/light source problem though.

I posted a thread with some youtube videos showing the problems here if you'd like to take a look.

Hi doveman

I reviewed those videos and i get the same in vanilla, yet to test in COWarMod, but for me I never paid attention to such things.

As for Proper mods the name of the files you listed is basically what they do, they make those objects visible at a distance,

i will look further into the other collection of proper mods and let you know, but keep testing there may be an answer.

Thanks Gunter

I don't feel so bad if everyone has to put up with those glitches :D

I guess some people notice them more than others and I'm unlucky enough to be one of those people who find it very hard to ignore such things once I've become aware of them :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm sure I'll notice it less once I've got things setup properly and I can start playing ;)

Your welcome, i'll still look into the proper mods, I'll elt you know tomorrow as Im currently working on some vids.

Probably not today anymore but this week I will be working on recording some videos to demonstrate some features of COWarMod v 1.2

nothing special, just some short demo vids, probably something I Should have done long ago but hey better now then never.

Currently Im recording vids for WarMod for Arma1, you can view what i have so far on my utube channel, I have another vid I

should be uploading today for WarMod before I go to work.

I love that mod, prob more then COWarMod, its so fun to play!

I did some more testing and it seems to be CBA which causes the freezing at the start of the game. The last two tests I did were with a bunch of islands and COWarMod but not CBA enabled (and no AI mods, which are in a separate folder), which throws up an error about ASC_CORE as that requires CBA, which didn't freeze and then I enabled CBA as well and it did freeze. I did a few tests before that and thought it only started freezing when I enabled JSRS and SOS sound mods, but after I disabled them it was still freezing so I kept testing.

I did test without the beta and that froze just the same.

I can upload the RPT for you to download if that would be helpful. Actually, looking at it I can see that there's quite a few mods that require CBA so maybe it's one of these that's causing the freezing rather than CBA itself.

Version 1.60.94700
Warning Message: Addon 'ASC_Core' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'BD_MultiGunFix' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'DisabledBasicConversations_Gameplay_C_PvPscene' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'EasyFlyPlanes_by_Celery_Gameplay_C_PvPscene' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'fnc_muzzlevelocity' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'gdtmod_binocular' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'gdtmod_hdr' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'gdtmod_javelin' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'gdtmod_satchel' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'HardLandingChoppers_by_Celery_Gameplay_C_PvPscene' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'ICE_AircraftHUD' requires addon 'extended_eventhandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'inko_disposable_oa' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'JTD_FireAndSmoke' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'JTD_FireAndSmoke' requires addon 'CBA_main'
Warning Message: Addon 'PRADAR2' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'S_NVG' requires addon 'Extended_Eventhandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'SLX_CarGunner' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'SLX_NetCode' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'SLX_Optics_3D' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'SLX_RagDoll' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'SLX_ShotEffects' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'SLX_Suppression_Effects' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'SLX_T72_Destroyed' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'SLX_TankHatches' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'SLX_TankSmoke' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'ToughChopperRotor_Gameplay_C_PvPscene' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'VapourTrailsForPlanes_Visuals_C_PvPscene' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'WarFXPE' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'WarFXVeh' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'WarFXPE_Weps' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'
Warning Message: Addon 'ST_FTHud' requires addon 'Extended_EventHandlers'

Well I tried disabling all those addons and with CBA enabled I still get a freeze but only for about 1 second, whereas before it was anywhere from 4-10 seconds. With CBA disabled it doesn't freeze at all.

I need to do some more tests on different maps to see if it's only 1 second for those as well.

I tried those PROPER mods I mentioned as well but they haven't done anything to fix the building/tree textures popup or flickering problems unfortunately, so I guess they only affect whether certain buildings/trees are visible and do nothing to change the distance at which the more detailed textures appear. I note you already have VehiclesVisibleAtDistance_Visuals_C_PvPscene.pbo in COWarMod, which sounds suspiciously like the PROPER mod, but they're different sizes (5kb vs 11kb)

It seems it is just CBA that causes the freeze.

For this test (on PMC Rugen), I had CBA enabled but no CBA-using mods and it froze for about 12 seconds

Then I disabled CBA and it didn't freeze at all

I've pasted the RPT for both tests below.

=====================================================================

== D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=D:\Games\ARMA2-Free;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@cba_oa;@cba_a2;@cowarmod;@okt_noblurbeta;@island celle;@island duala;@island cicada1.2;@island namalsk;@island fallujah1_2;@island_pmcrugen;@island lingor;@island_podagorsk;@island ovaron1.3;@island panthera;@island sanginprovince;@island baghdad;@proper" "-name=doveman" -nosplash -noPause -world=empty

Exe timestamp: 2012/07/20 14:25:27

Current time: 2012/07/24 19:20:17

Version 1.60.94700

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class HouseBase->, by ibr\ibr_airports\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ibr\ibr_hangars\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class HouseBase->, by ibr\lingor_objects\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class ->BulletCore, by ibr_a4\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/BulletBase/

Updating base class ->MissileCore, by ibr_a4\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/MissileBase/

Updating base class ->ShellCore, by ibr_a4\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/ShellBase/

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by mbg_buildings_2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class ->Ruins, by ca\structures_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins_EP1/

Updating base class ->RscShortcutButton, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscShortcutButtonMain/

Updating base class ->RscText, by ca\ui\config.bin/CA_Title/

Updating base class ->Bo_FAB_250, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Bo_Mk82/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_Magazine/

Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/VehicleMagazine/

Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_LauncherMagazine/

Updating base class ->2Rnd_FAB_250, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/6Rnd_Mk82/

Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/4Rnd_R73/

Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/2Rnd_Maverick_A10/

Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/GrenadeLauncher/

Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Launcher/

Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MissileLauncher/

Updating base class ->RocketPods, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/BombLauncher/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/CarHorn/

Updating base class ->MissileLauncher, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/R73Launcher/

Updating base class ->MissileLauncher, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MaverickLauncher/

Updating base class RscIGUIListBox->RscListBox, by x\cba\addons\ui_helper\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayer/Controls/CA_ValueSessions/

Updating base class SmokeShell->HandGrenade, by andy_mags\config.cpp/CfgMagazines/SmokeShellGreen/

Updating base class SmokeShell->HandGrenade, by andy_mags\config.cpp/CfgMagazines/SmokeShellRed/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man/

Updating base class ->Boat, by ca\water\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RHIB/

Updating base class ->SoldierEB, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ins_Soldier_Base/

Updating base class ->Ins_Soldier_Base, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ins_Commander/

Updating base class ->Ural_Base, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_CDF/

Updating base class ->SelectEnemyDetectedSentence, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_EP1_EN/SelectEnemyDetectedSentence/

Updating base class ->SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_EP1_EN/SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative/

Updating base class ->SelectEnemyDetectedSentence, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_EP1_TK/SelectEnemyDetectedSentence/

Updating base class ->SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_EP1_TK/SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative/

Updating base class ->SelectEnemyDetectedSentence, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_BAF/SelectEnemyDetectedSentence/

Updating base class ->SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_BAF/SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative/

Updating base class ->AV8B2, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AV8B/

Updating base class ->Small_items, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Notebook/

Updating base class ->LAV25_Base, by ca\wheeled2\lav25\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LAV25_HQ/

Updating base class ->Truck, by ca\wheeled2\mtvr\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MTVR/

Updating base class Default->, by chn_crocodile\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man/

Updating base class Strategic->Thing, by ibr\ibr_plants\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/ClutterCutter/

Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air2\c130j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J/

Updating base class HandGrenade->SmokeShell, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/CfgMagazines/SmokeShellRed/

Updating base class HandGrenade->SmokeShell, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/CfgMagazines/SmokeShellGreen/

Updating base class Turrets->, by ibr_boats\config.bin/cfgVehicles/RHIB2Turret/Turrets/

Updating base class ->C130J, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J_base/

Updating base class ->C130J_base, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J_US_EP1/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\characters_d_baf\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Desert_E/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Takistan/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Zargabad/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class ->Turrets, by KeepCommanderViewOnTarget_Gameplay_C_PvPscene\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RHIB2Turret/Turrets/

Updating base class ->ViewOptics, by tgw_vehfixes\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_TOW/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/

Updating base class ->ViewOptics, by tgw_vehfixes\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_FV510_D/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics/

Updating base class RscPictureKeepAspect->RscPicture, by ui_duala\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/variants/LoadingOne/controls/LoadingPic/

Updating base class RscPictureKeepAspect->RscPicture, by ui_duala\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/controls/LoadingPic/

Updating base class Turrets->Turrets, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M2A3_EP1/Turrets/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M2A3_EP1/Turrets/MainTurret/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M6_EP1/AnimationSources/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/LAV25/AnimationSources/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/GAZ_Vodnik_HMG/AnimationSources/

Updating base class ->Turrets, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/GAZ_Vodnik_HMG/Turrets/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/BTR90/AnimationSources/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/BMP3/AnimationSources/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1128_MGS_EP1/AnimationSources/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1A2_TUSK_MG/AnimationSources/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueFaction/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueClass/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueVehicle/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueFaction/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueClass/

Error loading control bin\config.bin/RscDisplayArcadeUnit/controls/CA_ValueVehicle/

[14588,123.77,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.184. MISSINIT: missionName=Heli-PMC%20Rugen, worldName=pmc_rugen, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]

[14588,124.617,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]

[15445,130.08,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

[15445,130.1,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.185, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6, "]

[15445,130.109,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-A:1, group=L 1-1-A, player=B 1-1-A:1 (doveman), _playerType=USMC_Soldier_Pilot", _playerGroup=B 1-1-A, _playerVehicle=B 1-1-A:1 (doveman), _playerVehicleType="AH64D"]

Strange convex component02 in pmc\ags_inds\f3wx_coalheap_s1.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component02 in pmc\ags_inds\f3wx_coalheap_s1.p3d:geometryFire

ca\buildings\misc\zidka_branka.p3d: house, config class missing

== D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

== "D:\Games\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=D:\Games\ARMA2-Free;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cowarmod;@okt_noblurbeta;@island celle;@island duala;@island cicada1.2;@island namalsk;@island fallujah1_2;@island_pmcrugen;@island lingor;@island_podagorsk;@island ovaron1.3;@island panthera;@island sanginprovince;@island baghdad;@proper" "-name=doveman" -nosplash -noPause -world=empty

Exe timestamp: 2012/07/20 14:25:27

Current time: 2012/07/24 19:23:08

Version 1.60.94700

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class HouseBase->, by ibr\ibr_airports\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ibr\ibr_hangars\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class HouseBase->, by ibr\lingor_objects\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class ->BulletCore, by ibr_a4\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/BulletBase/

Updating base class ->MissileCore, by ibr_a4\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/MissileBase/

Updating base class ->ShellCore, by ibr_a4\config.cpp/CfgAmmo/ShellBase/

Updating base class ->HouseBase, by mbg_buildings_2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/

Updating base class ->Ruins, by ca\structures_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins_EP1/

Updating base class ->RscShortcutButton, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscShortcutButtonMain/

Updating base class ->RscText, by ca\ui\config.bin/CA_Title/

Updating base class ->Bo_FAB_250, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgAmmo/Bo_Mk82/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_Magazine/

Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/VehicleMagazine/

Updating base class ->CA_Magazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/CA_LauncherMagazine/

Updating base class ->2Rnd_FAB_250, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/6Rnd_Mk82/

Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/4Rnd_R73/

Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/2Rnd_Maverick_A10/

Updating base class ->MGunCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MGun/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/GrenadeLauncher/

Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Launcher/

Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MissileLauncher/

Updating base class ->RocketPods, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/BombLauncher/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/CarHorn/

Updating base class ->MissileLauncher, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/R73Launcher/

Updating base class ->MissileLauncher, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/MaverickLauncher/

Updating base class SmokeShell->HandGrenade, by andy_mags\config.cpp/CfgMagazines/SmokeShellGreen/

Updating base class SmokeShell->HandGrenade, by andy_mags\config.cpp/CfgMagazines/SmokeShellRed/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\characters\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man/

Updating base class ->Boat, by ca\water\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RHIB/

Updating base class ->SoldierEB, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ins_Soldier_Base/

Updating base class ->Ins_Soldier_Base, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ins_Commander/

Updating base class ->Ural_Base, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_CDF/

Updating base class ->SelectEnemyDetectedSentence, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_EP1_EN/SelectEnemyDetectedSentence/

Updating base class ->SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_EP1_EN/SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative/

Updating base class ->SelectEnemyDetectedSentence, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_EP1_TK/SelectEnemyDetectedSentence/

Updating base class ->SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_EP1_TK/SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative/

Updating base class ->SelectEnemyDetectedSentence, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_BAF/SelectEnemyDetectedSentence/

Updating base class ->SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative, by GAM\GAM_ClockfacingReport_CO\config.cpp/RadioProtocol_BAF/SentEnemyDetectedGroupCoreRelative/

Updating base class ->AV8B2, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AV8B/

Updating base class ->Small_items, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Notebook/

Updating base class ->LAV25_Base, by ca\wheeled2\lav25\config.bin/CfgVehicles/LAV25_HQ/

Updating base class ->Truck, by ca\wheeled2\mtvr\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MTVR/

Updating base class Default->, by chn_crocodile\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man/

Updating base class Strategic->Thing, by ibr\ibr_plants\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/ClutterCutter/

Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air2\c130j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J/

Updating base class HandGrenade->SmokeShell, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/CfgMagazines/SmokeShellRed/

Updating base class HandGrenade->SmokeShell, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/CfgMagazines/SmokeShellGreen/

Updating base class Turrets->, by ibr_boats\config.bin/cfgVehicles/RHIB2Turret/Turrets/

Updating base class ->C130J, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J_base/

Updating base class ->C130J_base, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J_US_EP1/

Updating base class ->Default, by ca\characters_d_baf\config.bin/CfgFaces/Man/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Desert_E/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Takistan/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class Weather6->Weather5, by trueuser_skybox_bluer\config.bin/CfgWorlds/Zargabad/Weather/Overcast/Weather6/

Updating base class ->Turrets, by KeepCommanderViewOnTarget_Gameplay_C_PvPscene\config.bin/CfgVehicles/RHIB2Turret/Turrets/

Updating base class ->ViewOptics, by tgw_vehfixes\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_TOW/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/

Updating base class ->ViewOptics, by tgw_vehfixes\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_FV510_D/Turrets/MainTurret/Turrets/CommanderOptics/ViewOptics/

Updating base class RscPictureKeepAspect->RscPicture, by ui_duala\config.bin/RscDisplayLoading/variants/LoadingOne/controls/LoadingPic/

Updating base class RscPictureKeepAspect->RscPicture, by ui_duala\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/controls/LoadingPic/

Updating base class Turrets->Turrets, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M2A3_EP1/Turrets/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M2A3_EP1/Turrets/MainTurret/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M6_EP1/AnimationSources/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/LAV25/AnimationSources/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/GAZ_Vodnik_HMG/AnimationSources/

Updating base class ->Turrets, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/GAZ_Vodnik_HMG/Turrets/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/BTR90/AnimationSources/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/BMP3/AnimationSources/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1128_MGS_EP1/AnimationSources/

Updating base class AnimationSources->, by zzz_cmcd_vehtweaks\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1A2_TUSK_MG/AnimationSources/

I am having a issue, not sure if anyone else is having this. But with COWARMOD i notice if i get shot and injured or my teamates, then the OPFOR will come and attempt to heal us and vice versa. Is this a bug or how can i disable that? Thanks for the help!

VehiclesVisibleAtDistance_Visuals_C_PvPscene.pbo in COWarMod, which sounds suspiciously like the PROPER mod

PvPscene mods are proper mod, the pvpscene is the updated version made for OA version of Proper mods, and Proper mods are Arma2 only, so thats why PVPscene mods are in replace.

@doveman run COWarmod by itself and then report, reporting with a ton of islands and all this other stuff of course will freeze,

with islands your loading alot of textures so theres going to be some freeze.

i dont get freezes with COWarMod alone.

I dont get any issue with COWarMod when I run this target line:

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod

again when you report report with COWarMod, i cant fix your issues with COWarMod if your runnign 20 other mods alongside COWarMod.

As i said in the disclaimer included in the download, COWarMod runs fine on its own but may not if run along side other mods.

Anytime you report an issue with a mod especially COWarMod, even with a Mod like ACE you cannot expect the makers of the mod

to give you an accurate answer if your running a bunch of other mods.

its like on my COWarModACE WIP thread, one of the guys reports issues with the mod and here Im trying to find out whats the possible

issue and hes runnign other mods and or a different setup then what I am, how does that work, it dont.

And your running beta, Im not.

Your report is inaccurate, i cant compare it to anything,a nd this will go on and on, until you literally remove COWarMod and realize that its the beta,

the islands, and all the other 20 things your runnign, and then throw CoWarMod into the mix and you got a freeze issue.

This isn't the first time I delt with this type of thing, I dont mean to be angry or a dick or what have you but report with COWarMod alone

as i cannot fix or update, or find a culprit in CoWarMod or get an idea of where to look at which could be causing an issue.

If the mod alone was causing an issue then theres a possibility of fixing something but I cant when the target line includes 20 other mods

it throws a wrench in the system of finding a direct culprit with CWM itslef.

I can maybe help you figure out what is wrong with your game being freezing and stuff but it wont have anything to do with COWarMod,

as I suggest removing stuff til your running vanilla.

i notice if i get shot and injured or my teamates, then the OPFOR will come and attempt to heal us and vice versa.

Is this a bug or how can i disable that? Thanks for the help!

remove SLX_wounds.pbo but you'll lose the wounding, the blood, ect,. but that should solve your issue,

if not and you have removed that then we can look further, thanks for your report.

Sorry if I wasn't clear Gunter, what I'm saying is that my tests show it's CBA causing the freezing, not COWarMod. I don't expect you to help me fix this problem and I'll start a new thread about it.

There's been too many fixes for me to go back to 1.60 now but hopefully there'll be a new stable 1.63 soon anyway. I'll give -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod a go anyway, just to see if that has any problems on my system.

Sorry if I wasn't clear Gunter, what I'm saying is that my tests show it's CBA causing the freezing, not COWarMod. I don't expect you to help me fix this problem and I'll start a new thread about it.

There's been too many fixes for me to go back to 1.60 now but hopefully there'll be a new stable 1.63 soon anyway. I'll give -nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod a go anyway, just to see if that has any problems on my system.

For Combined Operations (ArmA II and Arrowhead launched together):

-mod=@CBA

For a standalone Operation Arrowhead:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA

For ArmA II only (people without Arrowhead):

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2

Sorry if I wasn't clear Gunter, what I'm saying is that my tests show it's CBA causing the freezing, not COWarMod.

Ok, but consider all the islands your running too, and lose COWarMod, and the islands and run vanilla with jsut the CBA parameters for CO and see if you still get the same thing, probably not, another suggestion would to run CBA with each islands,a nd see what you get and then with each mod, and so forth.

If you still have further issues then be sure you have the latest cba versions which i posted a link be low,. and or get more info from the CBA team on their thread.

@SopmodJack

What page are you reading?

For ARMA 2 Content:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2

For Operation Arrowhead Content:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA

For Combined Operations (A2 + OA):

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA

For Take on Helicopters Content:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_TOH

For Take on Rearmed (A2 + OA + TakeOn):

-mod=arma2;arma2 oa;arma2 oa\expansion;take on;beta;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@CBA_TOH

Community Base Addons

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

Gunter, would using slx_nofirstaid.pbo possibly fix my issue with OPFOR healing BLUEFOR or vice versa? I cant find a document saying what that .pbo does. I really like the contents and what slx_wounds.pbo does. Thanks

Ok, but consider all the islands your running too, and lose COWarMod, and the islands and run vanilla with jsut the CBA parameters for CO and see if you still get the same thing, probably not, another suggestion would to run CBA with each islands,a nd see what you get and then with each mod, and so forth.

If you still have further issues then be sure you have the latest cba versions which i posted a link be low,. and or get more info from the CBA team on their thread.

@SopmodJack

What page are you reading?

Community Base Addons

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

i was reading from the CBA`s READ ME.Nevertheless i did as you said now all 3 cba`s :)

Edited by SopmodJack

Gunter, would using slx_nofirstaid.pbo possibly fix my issue with OPFOR healing BLUEFOR or vice versa? I cant find a document saying what that .pbo does. I really like the contents and what slx_wounds.pbo does. Thanks

SLX wounds tend to work like that, the enemy will heal you but usually only if they feel safe to do so, plus they remove your weapons at the same time and will, most of the time, stand guard over you. I find that quite a good thing to have in the game, our real UK forces treat enemy units if they are down and they feel its safe to do so, in real life, so why not in-game..

Provided they don’t run over and treat the enemy while there is too much danger around, seems o.k. to have that available..

---------- Post added at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:46 ----------

I run a mix of slx and gl4 and a little zeus, I get the freeze at the initial start of the first game/test, after that its fine. Go out of the game completely, then fire it up again and go back in and the freeze happens again, only first game/test start up. I think it’s a slx thing, not dead sure though, but if I remove slx I get no freeze..

But I have to run slx & gl4 mix, best ai mods available, with the right combo, imo.

OK, I did a test with "-mod=D:\Games\ARMA2-Free;Expansion;ca;@cba;@cba_oa;@cba_a2;@cowarmod;@cowarmod-cba" "-name=doveman" -nosplash (need the ARMA2-Free;Expansion; part to make CO Lite and I put all the cba-dependent mods in @cowarmod-cba to make it easy to disable them) and it still freezes when starting on Takistan in the editor. I tried without @cowarmod-cba as well and also using the beta and it was the same for all.

If I just use "-mod=D:\Games\ARMA2-Free;Expansion;ca;@cba;@cba_oa;@cba_a2" "-name=doveman" -nosplash it doesn't freeze however, so it seems it's a combination of CBA and COWarMod (with or without the CBA-dependent mods) that's triggering the freeze.

I did check I have the latest CBA with SixUpdater.

Anyway, I'll make a ticket about it on the CBA page.

---------- Post added at 01:00 ---------- Previous post was at 00:57 ----------

I run a mix of slx and gl4 and a little zeus, I get the freeze at the initial start of the first game/test, after that its fine. Go out of the game completely, then fire it up again and go back in and the freeze happens again, only first game/test start up. I think it’s a slx thing, not dead sure though, but if I remove slx I get no freeze..

But I have to run slx & gl4 mix, best ai mods available, with the right combo, imo.

Yeah, it might just be the first run. If I preview in the editor then quit back to the editor and preview again the freeze doesn't happen the second time. If I close the editor and re-open it with a different island the freeze happens again the first time I preview though.

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before, but how much does this MOD collection affect frame rate?

My laptop can run only run the vanilla game at about 24fps in 1024x768 resolution with everything on low/disabled.

Is there a list of the visual effect mods somewhere?, so I can disable them?

Thanks.

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before, but how much does this MOD collection affect frame rate?

My laptop can run only run the vanilla game at about 24fps in 1024x768 resolution with everything on low/disabled.

Is there a list of the visual effect mods somewhere?, so I can disable them?

Thanks.

You're going to want to disable JTD and Blastcore probably.

Disable the following to better frame rates:

as said:

JTD FireAndSmoke

WarFX : Blastcore -will only effect performance if there are multiple blasts going on but mod is not really bad, I dont think you want to remove this,

otherwise your game will be using vanilla explosions effects.

slx_tanksmoke - Tanks will pop smoke when incoming missile or are being engage, depends on alot of battlefield factors

tpwc_ai_suppress - can effect performance (AI addons and mods are fps hoggers but performance is reduced by numbers of AI)

You will need to monitor your performance when AI are present in larger then a squad size battles are going on.

thats a small rough list, I would suggest moving those files to the storage folder in the @CoWarMod addons folder and then play a game, and then monitor the performance from there,

if you still or get low performance then report again ad we can try to see based on what your situation is ingame what other files we can remove.

Performance in the mod is effected by what your playing ingame, trust me I play this game with a single core cpu,

so my performance fluctuates and varies with whats in or going on in a mission.

any further questions let me know.

trust me I play this game with a single core cpu

Oh my! :eek:

Thanks for the help.

Ya my specs currently:

AMD Anthalon 64 34oo+ Single core 2.8

2g ram

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285

750 watt PSU

2 HD 1-160gig, 1 80gig

Creative SB X-FI sound card

My cpu is whats really holding me back, I can upgrade to a 3700 single core cpu for my mobo but thats the limit.

By the Fall I will be upgrading everything for Arma3.

On real hot days like 90+ degree weather I cant play Arma for but 5 min so I have some problems with the cpu and cooling.

Anyways back on topic.

I was wondering if we could perhaps all help to compile a list of missions/campaigns (whether SP or Co-op) that we've successfully played with COWarMod, either in this thread or a separate one (up to you Gunter, maybe you don't want this thread getting too cluttered)?

Obviously it's ideal if you've previously played the same mission without COWarMod as you'll be more likely to spot if anything strange happens/doesn't happen but even if it's the first time you've played it, just being able to say that you were able to complete it and there was nothing obviously broken would be great.

That way other users will be able to choose a mission to play without worrying if it's going to work or not. If the mission requires additional mods to COWarMod, listing those as well would help build a list of which mods work OK on top of COWarMod and if there are other missions that use the same mods, perhaps users can feel fairly sure that those will work OK with COWarMod as well.

And if anyone wants Arma3 to deal with mods much better, please consider voting for this ticket ;) https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35469#change-139447

I'm all for the idea doveman, I never played any of the Arma2, or OA, and or campaign missions and dont plan too, I build my own missions.

If you guys want to test missions and or play missions and report your findings then I will compile a list of the mission and mods to remove for each mission.

In CWM v 1.2 a file was removed because it conflicted with the AI driving on a road that had a waypoint, but failed to follow it and instead cut across the

field to go directly to the destination, after the file was removed the AI followed the given waypoint on the road as intended.

Anyways report any issues with missions you guys are playing, with and without CWM and we'll go from there.

Great, thanks Gunter.

The file you refer to that you removed from CWM v1.2, was that left in CWM-CL as that's what I'm using so I guess I'll need to remove it if you only removed it from CWM-Full?

Let me get the list of CWM-compatible missions/campaigns started then :)

The campaign Soldier of Valour http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?117751-CAMP-OA-Soldiers-of-Valor-Task-Force-94 doesn't like the AI mods and wierd things happen, like at the first stage of defending the FOB the other men are already dead when you get there. After disabling the AI-mods (including the latest tpcw_ai_supress and tpw_ai_los) it seemed to be more normal (although I've not played it before to compare).

Mind you, the third stage, after talking to the Captain and going to hold the line, seems impossible and I just get killed rather quickly whether I go on the machine gun or try and use my scoped rifle, even though I'm playing regular with enemy skill and precision set to 0.3 :o but other than the AI-mods (which are disabled) I don't think there's anything in CWM that would be making it harder.