Hi JWLEE,

I think I had mentioned this in a previous post 3-4 posts back but I believe this is what your referring too?

AircraftHUD - MFD/IHADSS/TADS

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9067

the file would be AircraftHUD.pbo

---------- Post added at 10:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

Hey guys couple of questions for you,

I been getting random e-mails, comments on utube vids, and other places over the past year, and I'm finding that the request for COWarMod

to be on sixupdater or play with 6 is getting larger.

Seems like alot of the community would like to have the mod on it.

Here are some thoughts/questions I have had about this and i think we had discussed this before earlier in this thread:

1. Would you guys want COWarMod to be on six updater or play with 6? I mean which one is preferable, which one is everyone using?

2. How would CoWarMod work on one of those programs, as COWarMod is not your typical mod with configs for all its files, it has alot

of addons and mods in it that probably can be found on the programs itself.

3. When i have an update for the mod would i just upload it to CoWarMod and then the whole mod gets updated?

4. How does a user of COWarMod know when there is an update on the program?

5. COWarMod has 2 other versions of itself those being COWarModACE, and COWarModI44, if I were to update those would it be the same thing as in question 2

=====

All i can think of for that

My other main question was:

What other mod that is popular would you want to see a COWarMod Compatible version for?

=========

your thoughts.

I use Six-Updater (2.9.7 pre not PWS) and really can't live without it. I'm not sure of the numbers but I would imaging a lot of the mods in COW will already be available on SU in their 'vanilla' state.

The biggest advantage? Differential updates... so you make a small change to the compilation (like a config file) and users only have to download that change... not the whole mod again.

Thanks for your reply Savage,

So lets say i had removed something from the latest version of CWM which would be the full version 1.2, and the with the 1.3 patch applied,

the removed file being lets say a conflicting file I found, how would that update, or change on the users end?

Also whats the difference between SU and PWS? Seems to me they do the same thing except PWS is a better, more optimized version? IDK

if you guys also answer the questions on my previous post, so i can get a better, clearer idea of how this works.

Thanks for your reply Savage,

So lets say i had removed something from the latest version of CWM which would be the full version 1.2, and the with the 1.3 patch applied, the removed file being lets say a conflicting file I found, how would that update, or change on the users end?

Also whats the difference between SU and PWS? Seems to me they do the same thing except PWS is a better, more optimized version? IDK

if you guys also answer the questions on my previous post, so i can get a better, clearer idea of how this works.

You would upload the new version to the six mirrors (not sure how this is done you'll have to ask Sickboy) then users would just download the changed files (or in your example delete the removed files). So a few minutes of work rather than re-downloading a few gigs. All the user needs to do is sync up with the SU portal which holds the master list of all mods and versions, then click on Install/Update.. SU does all the rest including .bikey and config files. SU handles all this automatically there is nothing you need to do on your end other then upload the new version once. SU also handles dependencies.. so if you add the ACE mod for example it will automatically add the required CBA mods as well.

It also has a repository option - you can create your own SU hosted files and allow other users to download them from your mirror using the SU program. This feature alone is a godsend for server admins.

I haven't used PWS myself so I'm not the best to answer that question. PWS was originally aimed (I think) at DayZ players and getting the DayZ mods and required files installed without having to fiddle with shortcuts, betas, config files, etc. I'm hoping that the features in SU will eventually make it over to PWS as SU is more powerful and flexible IMO. SU is buggy and frustrating while also being the greatest mod manager of any game in existence.

1. Would you guys want COWarMod to be on six updater or play with 6? I mean which one is preferable, which one is everyone using?

My answer would be both.. I will continue to use SU until PWS has all the same features... long term I think the support for SU will be dropped and our only option will be PWS

4. How does a user of COWarMod know when there is an update on the program?

Same way they do now.. release post on a forum. SU has an option to sync mods with the main SU portal which will also show the user there is an update available for download.

For the other questions it might be worth a PM to Sickboy to get answers. There may be issues seeing as some of the mods in COW will already be on the SU network.

I would also like to find the CoWarMods on Six-Updater and later on PlayWithSix, but I see one problem:

CoWarmod can be customized by the user. In other words, the user can delete certain files from the addons-folder. What will happen if the user starts updating CWM through Six? Six might see that certain pbo's are missing and replace them. Then the user would have to go through his installation of CWM and delete those unwanted pbo's again.

I wonder if SU is "intelligent" enough to check wheter a file that's not in the addons folder appears in a folder for unused pbo's. If this is the case Six might understand that the file dosn't have to be downloaded again.

I would also like to find the CoWarMods on Six-Updater and later on PlayWithSix, but I see one problem:

CoWarmod can be customized by the user. In other words, the user can delete certain files from the addons-folder. What will happen if the user starts updating CWM through Six? Six might see that certain pbo's are missing and replace them. Then the user would have to go through his installation of CWM and delete those unwanted pbo's again.

I wonder if SU is "intelligent" enough to check wheter a file that's not in the addons folder appears in a folder for unused pbo's. If this is the case Six might understand that the file dosn't have to be downloaded again.

That's a great question and I'm not sure of the answer. My guess would be SU re-downloads the file regardless.

Yes Gunter that's right, SU will replace pbo's you have removed from the addons folder when you auto update.

Its tricky with SU, its a great tool for updating, but really if your going to mix and match pbo's then you will need a seperate hdd to store the originals on, then point SU toward that for updating leaving the one's you are using (one's perhaps with bits mission) alone. Then after updating you can check if you want to bring any updates across..

Trouble with that of course is more storage costs. Still 1tb hdd's are pretty reasonable now.:).

Hey Gunter, I'm having a bit of an issue here. I'm using COWarMod as well as ASR AI separately, but it seems I'm getting an outdated ASR message. I didn't get it before using COWarMod, so could it be a chance that it's overlapping ASR AI as a separate thing? Is there a way I can disable the one COWarMod?

EDIT: I'm also experiencing a very strange occurrence of the game flicking between low detailed and high detailed textures when using COWarMod. Anyone have any idea on what that is about? I can max the game out on my machine, but the flickering actually hurts my eyes.

EDIT: Fixed the flickering...odd, it had to do with RAM settings. I haven't touched ArmA II in ages, before FSAA was added in the options, so it reset that setting for video memory.

Edited by Foffy

Thanks for the replies about SU, and PWS, i will talk with Sickboy again and go from there, look into this further.

I'm using COWarMod as well as ASR AI separately, but it seems I'm getting an outdated ASR message.

Hi Foffy, ASR_AI is already in COWarMod. If you have v 1.2 of COWarMod then get the latest patch v 1.3 --> http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17778

which updates all the mods into CoWarmod to the latest versions, however it needs to be updated again, but ASR_AI is the latest version with v 1.3

I'm also experiencing a very strange occurrence of the game flicking between low detailed and high detailed textures when using COWarMod.

Flickering could be something going on with your graphics card, IDK but I dont have any such problems.

I seem to be getting an error saying SLX.hpp isnt in its addon folder it clearly is..., and i even copied the hpp file into userconfig maybe that would work but same era, anyone else have this?

My other main question was:

What other mod that is popular would you want to see a COWarMod Compatible version for?

=========

your thoughts.

I suggest SupportCall http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?135571-SupportCall-quot-Cheat-quot-module

CWM lets the player configure his gameplay in general by changing the AI, adding effects, etc. SupportCall lets the player configure the mission he is currently playing by changing the time of day, the choice of vehicles, etc. on the fly. this is great because you can replay your favourite mission in different conditions which adds to the sandbox aspect of ArmA.

I seem to be getting an error saying SLX.hpp isnt in its addon folder it clearly is..., and i even copied the hpp file into userconfig maybe that would work but same era, anyone else have this?

The hpp goes in the SLX folder but not in the addons part of the SLX folder, if you understand what I mean. Move it back into the SLX folder itself and see if that helps..

@alpha-kilo Did you not get the v 1.3 patch for CoWarMod?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17778

it was released in October of 2012, last year, read the changelog.

and what i meant byt this:

Is mod, not mod to add to CWM, but a major mod like ACE, or Colw War rearmed, or unsung mod, or invasion-1944.

Currently there are 2 COWarMod compatible mods, they are COWarModACE, and COWarModI44.

So I'm asking what major mod would you like to see COWarMod made compatible for? something popular that everyone would

want, as im not going to do a compatible version for one person, it takes to much time.

The hpp goes in the SLX folder but not in the addons part of the SLX folder, if you understand what I mean. Move it back into the SLX folder itself and see if that helps..

No, Chris hes referring to COSLX that is in COWarMod, there is no SLX folder.

I seem to be getting an error saying SLX.hpp isnt in its addon folder it clearly is..., and i even copied the hpp file into userconfig maybe that

would work but same era, anyone else have this?

For your problem there is 3 files in COWarMod that call the Hpp file

slx_anim_swim.pbo

slx_aiskill.pbo

slx_ace_fixes.pbo

If you remove those 3 files, then that error you get will not showup anymore. or...

you can get this patch that fixes that error:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16775

its for COSLX which is pen of the major mods that I had compiled, that is in CoWarMod, i dont see how your getting that error when the latest

version of COSLX is in COWarMod, but anyways download that patch and grab those 3 files only and throw them into your @COWarMod\addons folder,

you should get an overwrite dialog.

Now that should stop that error, if it dont then remove the 3 files, let me know if it worked for you.

A question for you:

Did you download CoWarMod from here?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14699

if so then you have version 1.2 of the mod.

Did you get the latest patch for COWarMod seen here?:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17778

the latest patch will update CoWarMod to v 1.3

Gunter: apart from SLX_wounds and SLX_NoFirstAid, are there any other pbos that might influence healing?

The reason that I ask is that some of our clan members have complained that they often see the First Aid star above a injured comrade but are unable to do anything to help. Even medics sometimes seem unable to heal a fallen comrade. Is this simply because the injury is too serious? (if which case it'd be great to have a visual or audible cure, e.g. "Oh no! His injury is too serious for simple first aid. He needs full medical attention.") or is it because there's a conflict and/or limitation from one of the mods?

No, Chris hes referring to COSLX that is in COWarMod, there is no SLX folder.

Ah.o.k then.:D.

I got both the patch and the mod from Armaholic, im going to do as you instructed now and see if that helps if not ill remove those three files.

@Domokun, There are really 2 files here that effect if a soldier gets healed or not:

SLX_wounds, and SLX_Wounds_AIS

With SLX_wounds you have a feature such as:

Giving first aid to wounded:

Giving first aid is based on the skill of the person giving first aid. If first aid is unsuccessful in stabilizing the wounded person's condition

then you will have to wait for a while before trying again.

Giving first aid gives you rating points proportional to the skill of the person first aid is being given to.

and

SLX_Wounds_AIS:

Replaces the BIS Alternative Injury System when enabled to fix wounded people taking too much damage before dying.

remove the SLX_Wounds_AIS pbo and see if that changes anything for you.

Other then that there are no other files that effect medical, or wounding of the sort.

Gunter: apart from SLX_wounds and SLX_NoFirstAid, are there any other pbos that might influence healing?

The reason that I ask is that some of our clan members have complained that they often see the First Aid star above a injured comrade but are unable to do anything to help. Even medics sometimes seem unable to heal a fallen comrade. Is this simply because the injury is too serious? (if which case it'd be great to have a visual or audible cure, e.g. "Oh no! His injury is too serious for simple first aid. He needs full medical attention.") or is it because there's a conflict and/or limitation from one of the mods?

There are some bugs that seem to result from recent patches (see my recent posts in this thread). Even playing as a medic the 'heal' or even 'drag' options are sometimes unavailable. However sometimes a medic can be ordered to heal that unit (though they sometimes say they cannot do it).

Sometimes a healed AI retains the red star. Others have seen the same thing. Check recent posts in the DAPMAN thread. DAP found asking the unit for its status reset it. However sometimes that is only temporary with SLX (even in the original & with old missions where such bugs never appeared). SLX sets a lot of variables, I suspect that some change in the game engine means removal of these is bugged, but I haven't had time to investigate.

Edited by Orcinus

Yes I do have version 1.3. Sorry about my unnessecary sugggestion.

No worries my good man, I always appreciate, suggestions, and feedback.

About the SLX, we were just discussing the healing aspects with the AI on the COSLX thread, but it was mostly referring to the ACE and COLSX SLX_wounds conflict.

============

gentleman, couple of things.

SixUpdater Project

As seen here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?118605-Six-Updater-Install-Update-mods-missions-Delta-patching-Server-browser-and-more!&p=2283020&viewfull=1#post2283020

on the Sixupdater thread, i had asked various questions, and even quotes some points from the thread here, Sickboy hasn't responded to me yet, and TBH idk why, I'm assuming

he's busy, but I'm unable to pm him and get my questions about SU cleared up especially the customization part. So basically I'm working on trying to get COWarMod on SU,

and possibly PW6 for you guys.

Of all my links I have nowhere i can download Sixupdater, does anyone have anything for sixupdater, because everything I have keeps taking me to PW6 stuff.

Would you guys want CWM on both SU and PW6?

COWarMod Compatible version

As you guys know I have 2 compatible versions of COWarMod, those are CoWarModACE, and COWarModI44.

My question for you guys is what mod could I make COWarMod compatible with, for example COWarModCWR - (CWR- Cold War rearmed), or CoWarModUS - (US- Unsung),

only ones I can think of, off the top of my head. So what mod would you guys want me to do next to make a compatible version of COWarMod?

They do, although for some reason they tend to put the dta, userconfig and keys folders inside the @ folder, which means I have to move them manually to the ARMA II root manually after extracting the archive.

I just found that it's not just the addons folder that can be put in @ folders to be merged with the main folder if that mod is enabled but seemingly anything else as well, such as Missions, MPMissions, etc. I'm very happy about this as it means I can make folders for missions that require certain mods, like @Missions-ACE with subfolders Missions and MPMissions and put all the missions that require ACE in that folder, so that they're not available in the game unless I include @Missions-ACE in the modlist. The only qualification is that there has to be an addons folder in there for the folder to be recognised but it can be empty. I'm using @Missions- folders rather than putting them in the @ACE folder as they'll probably get deleted by SixUpdater/PwS if I did that.

It's annoying that I only just found out though as I've mentioned several times in other threads and tickets that it would be great if we could do this and no-one came back to tell me that we could. Anyway, perhaps most people already knew this but I thought I'd mention it in case it helps anyone. It's really helpful for the MPMissions folder as we can't even use subfolders in that at the moment to separate the missions into ACE, CWR, etc, unlike the Missions folder which at least supports this.

So... What does this have to do with COWarMod?

Maybe i'm missing what your trying to point out here.

So... What does this have to do with COWarMod?

Maybe i'm missing what your trying to point out here.

Maybe nothing but just thought it might be useful to know in case you want to use for example @COWarMod\userconfig and @COWarMod\ServerKeys because they will be merged with the "real" folders when running with @COWarMod enabled, so there's no need for users to manually move the userconfig and ServerKey files to the "real" folders.

Gunter: which addons increase AI accuracy?

They all do in one way or another but specifically ASR_AI and Inf_Stealth_Recognition, go into the userconfig and adjust the values for

aimingAccuracy

aimingShake

aimingSpeed

spotDistance

their are others but you'll need to review the userconfigs for both and make your adjustments, if your unsure what you need to

change then ask rob on his thread for ASR_Ai, he should be able to tell you how to make the AI less accurate.

Also higher AI skill would also mean a more accurate AI.

The Inf stealth recognition deals with the AI's sensitivity:

Attributes that can be adjusted:

- Audible - How loud a unit is when moving

- Camouflage - How easy a unit is to see

- Sensitivity - How well and how far the given unit senses other units

- SensitivityEar - How well can the given unit hear others units

Fun testing results:

- With Audible at 0 enemy units cannot hear you at all, unless you fire a weapon, but can still see you (good for stealth adjustments).

- With Camouflage set to 0 enemy units cannot see you at all, unless you fire a weapon, but can hear you move (you can run around them in a circle, LOL)

- with both set at 0 enemy units cannot see nor hear you, once again unless you fire a weapon.

So if you reduce the number for the faction in the userconfig for those 4 components, which I have already before releasing CoWarMod from my testing you

can make the AI less accurate or sensitive to suit your level, or preference ingame.

For me at least, i dont find them to bad, at least for my end I have noticed that if they are facing you they are more likely to spot you easier then if you

approached them from the side and or the back, thats a given anyways, but adjusting the usercofig, and reducing the numbers can effect how soon the respond to you too.

Being accurate however I think is determined by skill level, so i would suggest looking at the

aimingAccuracy

aimingShake

aimingSpeed

parts in the userconfig and adjusting those, and again ask rob to make sure your doing it right if you dont understand the codes completely,

I should probably ask myself, the Ai can be a bit accurate for my liking.

Rob's Thread for ASR_AI:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?107526-ASR-AI-Skills

also review pg 2 --> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?107526-ASR-AI-Skills&p=1752374&viewfull=1#post1752374

in case you want to use for example @COWarMod\userconfig and @COWarMod\ServerKeys because they will be merged with the "real" folders when

running with @COWarMod enabled, so there's no need for users to manually move the userconfig and ServerKey files to the "real" folders.

How would they be merged? if I dont have a userconfig the game will not add the userconfig or read it from within the mod folder itself.

Serverkeys is actually keys folder and is only needed for a server, which means you still need to move them to be on the server. IDK about you but when

i had a gameserver, and soon will have one again, I put CoWarMod on the server so the keys were not needed.

============

Questions for you guys

question 1:

I think what I'm going to do is update CoWarMod again, and update any mods in the mod to their latest versions, as well as possibly add some new mods.

So is there any mods you guys know of that have been released in the past 6 months to a year that you know of that is not in COWarMod that is about gameplay,

and would add some nice features to the mod, that you think should be added?

granted I will need to test them and see if they work with the existing mods.

Question 2:

Again I'm going to ask this and if you guys cannot respond then I'm not going to do it, i got other things Im working on, but the question is:

COWarMod Compatible version

As you guys know I have 2 compatible versions of COWarMod, those are CoWarModACE, and COWarModI44.

My question for you guys is what mod could I make COWarMod compatible with, for example COWarModCWR - (CWR- Cold War rearmed), or CoWarModUS - (US- Unsung),

only ones I can think of, off the top of my head. So what mod would you guys want me to do next to make a compatible version of COWarMod?

=========

SixUpdater & playwith6

Also I know alot of you guys want the mod on SU and maybe Playw6, but im not getting my questions answered by Sickboy, nor am I able to get playwith6 to start.

And from what i can see I have no idea on how you would add a mod to the network for SU, if anyone want to help me figure this stuff out, please do, otherwise

I may just turn a blind eye to it and forget the idea.

Edited by Gnter Severloh