Latest is version 4.1

lol thanks not sure where I got 2.0 from :p Edited original post

Thanks will try that next time :p

In the command menu is called delta formation. I told you diamond because it is what the voice radio says. You will see the improvement.

The soldiers seems to priorize follow you than combat. If you want to give them more autonomy, change back to wedge or line formation.

Edited by Down8

In the command menu is called delta formation. I told you diamond because it is what the voice radio says. You will see the improvement.

I wonder why that is the case with that particular formation? Does it somehow disable whatever .fsm is controlling behaviour?

I wonder why that is the case with that particular formation? Does it somehow disable whatever .fsm is controlling behaviour?

Could be because default ai behaviour stops ai from entering cover when in the Delta or File formations. Therefore if they are in cover (under fire) putting them into one of these modes makes them come out of cover..

That’s all from memory from a while back, but I think thats the case and looks like it must still apply..

One thing to beware when using File or, especially, Delta, formation is that you really must switch to another formation if in combat (ideally before, but one can't always predict it). If you don't, you can expect friendly fire casualties.

Delta is particularly prone to that. Drop down if fired upon, & your units will do likewise but mill around in circles (place a player-led group in the Editor & try it, you'll see what I mean). If you're using any scoped weapon you'll end up shooting a squad member. A significant lack in the game is AI not having the sense to avoid crossing in front of a firing player, or even other AI. If a unit is firing a rocket & another AI gets in front, half or more of your team can be wiped out.

I can't play with this mod on my linux server. All I get are loads of errors regarding key files. Any howtos for servers in combination with this mod?

Could be because default ai behaviour stops ai from entering cover when in the Delta or File formations. Therefore if they are in cover (under fire) putting them into one of these modes makes them come out of cover..

That’s all from memory from a while back, but I think thats the case and looks like it must still apply..

Actually that makes total sense now that you spell it out for me.

One thing to beware when using File or, especially, Delta, formation is that you really must switch to another formation if in combat (ideally before, but one can't always predict it). If you don't, you can expect friendly fire casualties.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind for next time!

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I can't play with this mod on my linux server. All I get are loads of errors regarding key files. Any howtos for servers in combination with this mod?

I assume you've added the necessary .bikey files to your \keys folder under the game install? If so perhaps something with case-sensitivity and one of the key files has an B where it should have an b ?

(just guessing... by no means am I proficient in Linux :p )

hmm.... what does your server.cfg file look like? Do you have v2 signatures enabled with signature checking?

hmm.... what does your server.cfg file look like? Do you have v2 signatures enabled with signature checking?

Here is my server.cfg:

hostname = ******;
password = ******;
passwordadmin = ******;
maxplayers = 2;
logfile = "";
reportingip = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";
timestampformat = "short";
disablevon = 1;
persistent = 1;
kickduplicate = 1;
verifysignatures = 1;
battleye = 0;

To me the best way is not to have it on the server, but to connect to the server with COWarMod client side, then you wont need to deal with any issues for the server for the mod,

for 2 years I have rented a gameserver and had COWarMod on it and it was not working, to many problems, so my buddy and I joined the server with COWarMod client side and played

the missions that way and had no issues, and were still able to see all the features, effects, ect,.

COWarMod is not 100% bug free, there are still things that yet need to be discovered in terms of conflicts, but overall the mod runs pretty good.

gabberxxl we can attempt to get cwm to work but you may lose some features of the mod, post your rpt and from there I can tell you what addons and

mods to remove that require the keys, as you need keys for the server for those mods to work.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

This looks really interesting. I can't believe I haven't tried this yet. I do have some existing mods for A2 already so I'd like to know if this is compatible. I have JTD, JSRS 1.5, Blastcore VEP A2 Version, ASR AI 1.16.1, GLT Missilebox, GLT RAW, and a pretty essential AI Heli Control mod. Do you know if any of these would be compatible? Thank you. Time to get some sleep. Been playing A2 all night since I uninstalled the pain that is ACE2.

Are there any missions that support this mod? I see in page one the missions link only lists three missions. I'd love a Domination or Evolution mission compatible.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Hi JuggernautOfWar,

Just download COWarMod Full and then get the 1.3 patch, CWM already has latest ASR_AI, Blastcore, GLT Missilebox, GLT RAW, AI Heli Control in the mod.

CWM does need to be updated as there are a few mods in it that are out of date, but nothing game breaking at least not for me.

Are there any missions that support this mod?

The missions in your link are 3 missions tested by fellow posters, that are confirmed to work np with CWM. Most missions in general are compatible, however i do suggest that when you do play a mission and the mission is acting funny, or features aren't working as they should then I suggest testing the same mission on the vanilla game without CWM, if the issues aren't there then post your rpt here for when you had problems and I can take a look at what addons or mods within COWarMod may causing issues.

I hope you understand what COWarMod is, do you?

Download links on first page as well as links to download latest patch.

EDIT: I just discovered this has a modified version of Solus' SLX mod. SLX was by far my favorite mod for Armed Assault and I'm excited to have it once more.

Hi JuggernautOfWar, Just download COWarMod Full and then get the 1.3 patch, CWM already has latest ASR_AI, Blastcore, GLT Missilebox, GLT RAW, AI Heli Control in the mod.

Oh brilliant! I do still have two questions though. I have the feeling CWM has Blastcore OA R1.2 but not what I presonally prefer - the newer Blastcore A2 R1. If I ran A2 R1 it would be incompatible with OA R1.2. I hope that made sense, I do not think I described that in the best way. Also does COWarMod include a sound mod? Vanilla sounds are fairly unbearable.

Most missions in general are compatible, however i do suggest that when you do play a mission and the mission is acting funny, or features aren't working as they should then I suggest testing the same mission on the vanilla game without CWM, if the issues aren't there then post your rpt here for when you had problems and I can take a look at what addons or mods within COWarMod may causing issues.

Glad to see such enthusiasm and support for the mod. It seems 3/4 of the modding community has abandoned their mods and missions choosing to instead wait for A3 to be released. I will definitely report back with my findings. I'm a heavy Insurgency and Domination server host and player, so those will be what I primarily test.

I hope you understand what COWarMod is, do you?

Haha I think so. COWarMod is basically a huge compilation of mods from all developers, maybe with some you have developed sprinkled in. Right or wrong?

Download links on first page as well as links to download latest patch.

Downloading now! Can't wait to try it out and report my findings.

I'm excited to finally get away from ACE2. It is so tedious and annoying. Seems like half the things they implement in ACE just end up being half-assed thanks to the game engine.

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

I just discovered this has a modified version of Solus' SLX mod. SLX was by far my favorite mod for Armed Assault and I'm excited to have it once more.

Yes the original SLX was good, the one in COWarMod is called COSLX which is my recompiled updated version of the original which you can find the thread for here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?125806-A2SLX-amp-COSLX-An-updated-version-of-the-original-SLX-Mod

I have the feeling CWM has Blastcore OA R1.2 but not what I presonally prefer - the newer Blastcore A2 R1. If I ran A2 R1 it would be incompatible with OA R1.2.

What you'll need to do is when you get the CoWarMod installed is go into the @CoWarMod addons folder and remove these files:

WarFXPE

WarFXVeh

WarFXWeps

and then add the files from the A2 R1 blastcore version.

Also does COWarMod include a sound mod? Vanilla sounds are fairly unbearable.

No it does not, sound mods are not only big, but are more of a personal taste, so you'll have to go on Armaholic and decide on what sound mod you want.

Haha I think so. COWarMod is basically a huge compilation of mods from all developers, maybe with some you have developed sprinkled in. Right or wrong?

You got the compilation correct, but COWarMod was built by me, it is actually the Arma2CO version of my WarMod series which started in 2009, but COWarMod took me 6 months to build, but was over a year of WIP.

It is all the addons and mods from Arma2 that work in OA, and all the addons and mods from OA combined together in one mod.

More information on the WarMod series can be found on my about page on my website: http://warmod.webs.com/aboutwarmod.htm

All the addons and mods in CoWarMod I had been testing since 2009, I have been granted permission from the community modders to include their

mods in one mod 33 modder's to be exact for COWarMod alone.

Overall COWarMod is a compilation of addons and mods built by me, that adds many gameplay features, fixes, AI enhancements, and many other

things to your game, the mod is also customizable so you can remove features if you do not care for them. But if you have any questions about a

feature, or something you dont care for, or are unsure of on how to do or get to work then post here and i can better direct you on

what to do or answer your questions.

I'm excited to finally get away from ACE2.

I also have a COWarModACE version, its CoWarMod made compatible with ACE.

Any questions let me know I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I just installed the mod alongside JSRS. I activate mods through the ingame "expansions" menu. In this menu I select the mods I want to load, press OK, then the game restarts with the mods loaded. After the game restarted I see COWarMod is installed and running normally, but I also see a few entries that were not in this list earlier - entries that I do not even have a mod folder for in the game directory. I'm sure these have something to do with COWarMod, I just do not know if I should enable these too or just leave them deselected.

I would upload an image but the "from computer" image uploader seems to be broken. The two addons in question are ASC Wounds and TGW Firemod Fixes.

For TGW Fire Mode Fix, this is what it does:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12285

ASC Wounds

There is no such file, the ASC you are probably referring to is the ASC weapons and core.

The ASC weapons are the only weapons addon in the mod, and the reason being is because the weapons are customizable, which means you can add

a suppressor to an m16 for example, or a m203 grenade launcher, or some sites.

See the video on the addon's page here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12077

Keep in mind that when the mod starts up there will be a few lines that popup on the screen as they are some addon and mods that are initializing.

Thank you for clarifying. Here is the screenshot I was trying to upload. I meant to say ASC Addons, not wounds. Brain is fried haha.

C5A2AA081833740EDE0B4DA349BF9B05D83FB00C

Ok, Are you running a separate ASC mod?

As for me I only get COWarMod and the CBA's that showup.

I will be back in the morning, got to leave for work.

Nope the only addons in my game folder are @JSRS, @CBAx3, and @COWarMod.

I am having trouble figuring out how to work the new lock on system for aircraft. In the past we press tab to lock on to ground and air targets alike. Now it seems there must be some other way.

To me the best way is not to have it on the server, but to connect to the server with COWarMod client side, then you wont need to deal with any issues for the server for the mod,

for 2 years I have rented a gameserver and had COWarMod on it and it was not working, to many problems, so my buddy and I joined the server with COWarMod client side and played

the missions that way and had no issues, and were still able to see all the features, effects, ect,.

COWarMod is not 100% bug free, there are still things that yet need to be discovered in terms of conflicts, but overall the mod runs pretty good.

gabberxxl we can attempt to get cwm to work but you may lose some features of the mod, post your rpt and from there I can tell you what addons and

mods to remove that require the keys, as you need keys for the server for those mods to work.

Thx for the tip but I prefer running all the mods on my linux server too. I just created all missing server key files on my own now :)

I Figured out (after a week) how to stop your Grenadiers guns from switching to an MA16a2. All you have to do is:

1. Remove any file starts with "tbr" from the @COWarMod addons folder

2. Remove tbr from the user config folder

3. Remove the fnc_muzzlevelocity from the addons folder.

4. Remove fnc_ballistics and fnc_muzzlevelocity folders from the userconfig folder.

Attached is a screenshot of my recycle bin (I'm using Windows 7). You can see what exactly to delete from the @COWarMod addons folder and from the userconfig because what is in my recycle bin should be in your recycle bin.

recyclebin.jpg

Happy playing :yay::bounce3:

Hi, for me personally it dont bother me that the AI use a different gun, but good points, glad you found a solution.

Removing the following files, removes the following features from the mod:

Features:

tbr_handgrenades_a2

- 2-packs for handgrenades

tbr_smokegrenades_a2

- 2-packs for smokegrenades

tbr_launched_grenades_a2_xeh

- 3-packs for 40 mm grenades

- 5-packs for 30 mm grenades

=============

Ballistics

by

Fincuan

Description:

Brings you realistics ballistics for most small arms and some vehicle mounted weapons in Arma2.

Based on NonWonderDog's excellent "NWD_Ballistics" for Arma1

===================

Muzzlevelocity

by

Fincuan

Description:

Brings you realistic muzzle velocities to all rifles. Barrel length does matter now.

============

So basically all of the above, you lose grenades, realistic grenadier loadouts, Ballistics, and muzzle velocity, all over an Ai having an m16

you dont want, thats alot of sacrifice over a gun.

I thought it would be better to just contact Fincuan

himself and ask him what causes the AI Grenadiers guns from switching to an MA16a2.

It dont bother me, but hey its your game.

Hi. I can't find pbo file that make AH64 FLIR green HOT. I want to use WHOT/BHOT. What file should I delete?