Hey thanks for the replies.

@Orcinus

Only thing downloading are the files for the new mods which are about a mb a piece, and theres only a handful of them, so its up to you if you can help.

i appreciate the response though.

Oh, great :)

LMK what files/where. I'ld rather give my time on Sunday to testing than blahing :)

I'll pm you and kremator on Sat morning with the info once I get home from work.

We need to get the new stuff tested before I can release.

UPDATE

This past week alone I have been granted permissions to several great addons and mods that i can and am looking to integrate into COWarMod v 1.2

in a previous post as said:

Unable to test

I am unable to do any testing as my cpu is failing, and i can only be ingame for about 10min if not less before the cpu overheats and everything freezes,

in doing so I have to restart the computer, so testing is possible but it has to be quick, which in a way is not realistic. anyways as i had also said I need

some testers that are serious enough to follow through.

testing

I have decided to use the COWarMod release thread here as for those 2-3 testers so far going to help in this to post their feedback and testing results.

Anyone else want to help in testing then let me know. please dont waste my time if you cant follow through and do the work as asked, it can be tedious,

modding is tedious, and if you dont take your time then your going to make mistakes. I test in a specific way that has made my mod successful in doing what it does,

its nothing fancy or super technical but it works.

Mods

The mods to be integrated into CWM again have to be tested by themselves to make sure they work like they are supposed to, and

then tested with CWM with all the mods in total.

Please understand that it is not a simple process as people may or may not think to just add a mod to a mod like CWM, its not a

collection of mods but a compilation of mods that are able to run together without conflicts, overwrites, anomalies, and or broken features,

the testing itself is basically to play the game in certain scenarios that would use a mod that is in question for testing, if it is noticed that a

feature or something is not working then we need to find out what is causing it not to work as it should, while keeping an ey on other features

in the same scenario making sure that other mods not in question for testing are still doing what their doing.

=======================

How this works:

1. you will be using CWM v 1.1(COWarMod v 1.1) to test with

2. test a mod from the list by itself and make sure its working as its supposed to, noticed any errors,

or conflicts in the game in general if any, and review the RPT as necessary.

3.Once you have tested the mod by itself, then add it to the CWM v 1.1 and test it that way, keep in mind you want to

setup a scenario, or a couple of scenarios where the mod will come into play while

watching the other features in CWM to make sure they are working as they should this is basically a compatibility and comparison

test to see if the existing mod works with the new mod again keep in mind your RPT if its reporting anything strange.

Reporting results:

apon completion of tests:

1. list what mod you tested

2. how you tested it (like a mission type you used to test it)

3. if theres any errors popping up on screen, or rpt reporting something, or features not working ingame be it the mod your testing, or an existing

feature in CWM then please report what you have experienced, from there we will look into what may be causing it, please ask me as I am

very familiar with the mods in CWM.

Notes:

keep in mind that just because you dont get an error popping up on the screen, or an report in your RPt,

doesn't mean that the mod is working as it should be.

again I have acquired the permissions for these mods the majority of them being in the past 3 days,

i had asked permission via pm through BIS forums here, as well as 1 permission granted through e-mail.

Mods to be tested

Ai Heli Control

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15898

ANZINS Weapons & ANZINS Launchers

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11189

Blake's PRADAR (Player Radar)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15334

Cannon/Main Gun Vehicle Replacement -(test with Arma2CO only)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15332

MP Compatible Fast Rope Addon

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5791

GAM Clockfacing Report

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14183

Enhanced Skills Slider

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16213

TPWC AI suppression system

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17049

So far from this list without testing, I'm expecting a conflict with a few of the mods just from knowing what these mods do.

As a mod gets tested and passes the test, I will update the list.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Anyone had the chance to test anything?

I can list some of the files that may conflict with some of the additions.

The following files may conflict:

may conflict with:

-ASC Weapon Pack

-fnc_scopes_common_c

-fnc_scopes_common_m

-slx_modweapons_3d_optics

-slx_optics

-tgw_gdtmod_glsights_extension

-gdtmod_under_barrel_grenade_launcher_sights

may conflict with:

-bd_multigunfix

-fnc_ballistics_vehicles.pbo

-tgw_vehfixes

may conflict with:

-HiddenUnitTags_Gameplay_C_PvPscene

-DisabledPeripheralVisionEnemy

-DisabledPeripheralVisionFriendly

-fthud

The files listed have similar properties/features as the additions, and the additions needed to be tested with the existing ones,

let me know if you guys need more info on the ones I had listed that may conflict.

my cpu is failing

I'm really sorry to hear that. Having worked on mods in the past, I've had my computer die on me twice. It's never "fun" to have a computer go, but if one's in the midst of trying to wrap up a large project, then it's all the worst.

I'll see what I can do to help test the additional mods that you would like to combine into your mod. Feedback as it's generated...

Before I go... Whenever I play smk's "Clear Sweep" mission that came with the release of the smk_anims mod, the 40 mm. smoke grenades no longer produce any smoke. I distinctly remember them functioning properly in the past, as I used them immediately to block the enemy AIs' vision. But now, the shell's fired off, and I can even sometimes see the dust it kicks up from impacting the ground, but there's never any smoke. I'm running a minimal number of mods right now: CBA+CoWarMod (v.1.1). If my memory serves me correctly, this isn't a bug that's just localized to smk's Clean Sweep, but affects all 40 mm. smoke grenades.

Before I go, I want to thank you for your advice in you last PM: after setting the keybinding in my userconfig, I no longer had any issues with leaning-left and triggering the round about defense. Knowing that I had to set the keybinding made all of the difference. Thanks for your patience.

Good luck with your system!

ya cpu is basically working at a lessor capacity and only overheats if i get ingame, but its not a total loss, I can pop ingame very briefly like a min or so just cant stay,

so any tests I do may or may not be 100% accurate, as testing mods in relation to integrating them needs time to compare, and observe.

The real problem is this will stay like this for a while, as I have no money to upgrade, Im fighting debts that been haunting me ever since this dam economy crapped on us all.

so no games for me, been a month already too if Iw as able to test and my cpu had no issues, v 1.2 would be released already, all 3 versions of COWarMod at that,

now that I'm waiting on others this will take a bit longer.

The good part of not being able to play is that I can get alot of things done with my website, and new mod versions released, I just need folks to help, and if you guys can

i will give you credits, I'll add you to the readmes, and release pages, as well as to my website, and i would be very much appreciative of your efforts.

I have new updated versions for WarMod for Arma1, A2WarMod, COWarModACE, COWarModI44, and COSLX, so i do need the help,

if I cant test them then you might forget seeing any new versions.

Anyways to answer your question.

Do the 40 mm. smoke grenades work outside the mission?

Anyone had the chance to test anything?

Started last night but got a 'request' to join a 6am conf call, so stopped earlier than planned. This evening is clear.

Cheers

O.

may conflict with:

-bd_multigunfix

-fnc_ballistics_vehicles.pbo

-tgw_vehfixes

Overtly, my addon doesn't conflict with any of these (i.e. no script errors or .RPT problems). Covertly:

- My addon doesn't conflict with either BD_MultiGunFix or FNC_Ballistics_Vehicles.

- I've had a look through TPW's addon to see exactly what would be knocked out by my addon. I am confident that the vast majority of TPW's fixes, if not all of them, are not overwritten while using his and my addon together (TPW's addon mostly concerns itself with adding optics modes and fixing zeroing issues - all my addon intends to do is overwrite weapons and ammo classes).

Thanks for your feedback CameronMcDonald.

I will make note of it.

So your mod the Cannon/Main Gun Vehicle Replacement, works in Arma2CO without BAF and PMC, is it pMC?

Excellent!

Those few files that I had listed are the only ones I can think of that would deal with the main cannon of vehicles, and armored.

But in there is another mod more AI specific, thats in the mod which may conflict but cant be certain if it would:

Mechanized Infantry Tactics Addon

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13199

Playing around with TWPC suppression stuff yesterday so I'll help out by testing that one to start.

Thanks SavageCDN!

Question for you guys,

I had said previously that I am and will be releasing 3 versions of COWarMod v 1.2 those beign as follows:

-COWarMod Full

-COWarModCF

-COWarModCL

My question is Would you guys want the COWarModCF?

The COWarModCF is CF=Customization Full.

This version is basically all addons and mods are completely removed from the addosn folder, and all addons and mods are separated by subject, and setup so you can easily install them.

This version is really a complete customization version, you will have to go through the files and move files that you want to use in the mod in order to play.

this version is if I were to build this which i have not started yet, will take me a bit to do, I have to update readmes and setup all the files to be used.

What you guys think, or should i just stay with the full regular version like CWM v 1.1 and do the CL=Customization Light version which is almost done.

questions, thoughts.

Gunter,

Your awesome mod was the first one I installed into my fresh reinstallation of ArmA 2, and since then I've been meaning to inform you of some bugs that I'm experiencing since Day 1. Please note that I read on an ArmA 2 site somewhere that CoWarMod was bugged with a "Grenade!" shout that was being given far too frequently by the AI. Per the instructions that I found there, I removed this sound file.

Here they are...

...I keep getting an Error Report that reads:

Script sar_krik\start.sqf not found

...binoculars don't work. The 3D model is brought to one's cheekbones, and stops there. One can see the top of the eye ports and the top portion of the body of the binoculars, but I can't actually see through them.

I've yet to have PRADAR work for me, but then, I play strictly offline. Is it an online-only mod? I'll double-check to ensure that I installed it properly, but I'm pretty sure it's as simple as dropping the files in an Addon-ready folder, just like the majority of the mods out there.

I can't tell if the AI suppression is working properly or not. Sometimes I think it is, other times I wonder if I even installed it (I did, by the way). I haven't been able to find the GUI Order to command my squad to suppress the enemy. In the video that I watched, I clearly saw the menu option to issue the Order appear, and it was selected, and the player's avatar could then be heard shouting out the command. I haven't been able to replicate this.

That's all that I've been able to test so far.

In regards to having an "complete customization" version of CoWarMod released, my advice is this: supply detailed documentation on how this can be done by the player. In my opinion, you're already a saint for supplying so many alternate versions of the mod already. The variants that you supply do play a valuable service, and I would maintain the ones that you already have, and leave it at that.

Perhaps write a Key which exactly lists the "given name" of a mod and its "actual name" in the Addons folder. That way the player will have more confidence in hunting down whatever file is desired.

What would be quite helpful is a "Super Read Me" in regards to the mods themselves. In particular, I would advise creating a document that stipulates which mods HAVE TO HAVE their userconfigs setup by the player. If you recall, I got burned by this a bit with the "all round defense" mod. I thought that all I had to do was simply drop the CoWarMod into ArmA's directory, and I'd be all set to go. I've since learned differently, and these types of things should probably be shouted at the player.

That's it for now. Sounds like the feedback that your getting from others is helping you out. I'm happy to see that.

Thanks for your reply Kyle_K_ski,

I will answer the first 2 but then I have to go, as i have to leave for work so i'll reply again in the morning.

CoWarMod was bugged with a "Grenade!"

Yes that bug was already found and I ahd reported it back a few+pages.

just remove the file Sar_krik

binoculars don't work. The 3D model is brought to one's cheekbones, and stops there. One can see the top of the eye ports

and the top portion of the body of the binoculars, but I can't actually see through them.

They do work its not a bug but a feature, theres a certain way to use them, the feature basically reflects what you would do in real life when using the binocs,

you would raise them to your face look, lower them look around and then look again.

I will look it up for you when i get home in the am, as I have no time atm.

but when you bring up the binco and they dont go to the binocs again, right click again and you should be able to look through them.

The right click again and they will be lowered to the same spot, I had this same feature in WarMod for Arma1, and Arma2 A2WarMod version.

Alos this was covered many pages a while ago on the thread here and someone asked jsut about the same thing.

Gtg, be back in the Am to answer the rest.

What you guys think, or should i just stay with the full regular version like CWM v 1.1 and do the CL=Customization Light version which is almost done.

questions, thoughts.

I would say stick with the two versions for now... players can still customize their install by removing mods. Perhaps if there are enough requests for it.. but otherwise sounds like a lot of work :p

Good Morning, lol

Ok I looked it up I had actually forgot the name of the mod last night thats why i

couldn't tell you off hand what it was, its actually a tweak in the mod, called and what it does:

DisabledForcedOpticsForBinocular

Disables auto switch to optics for binocular. The tweak allows you to look above the binocular and look through it only when

necessary by pressing the optics key. In addition you can walk with a binocular without the annoying auto switch to optics.

I've yet to have PRADAR work for me, but then, I play strictly offline. Is it an online-only mod?

Most mods are both sp and mp, all the mods in CoWarMod I have used both in sp and in coop, but the latest additions Im unable to test obviously.

In regards to having an "complete customization" version of CoWarMod released, my advice is this:

supply detailed documentation on how this can be done by the player

Already done this for everything else but haven't stared the CF version and am pondering if I even should, Documentation, or rather building readmes

takes alot of work, I find it rather tedious and boring, and half the time when I could have released the mod Im waiting on myself, lol to get motivated

or inspired enough to get back to work and do them, seriously I could have had v 1.2 released back in may or start of June but other then real life things

going on, and being tired and such, most of the time I simple y just no motivated to sit there and write the readmes.

And some might say well how much of a big deal can it be? well lets see In CoWarModCL v 1.2 alone has 44 readmes, half of which i had to build from scratch!

one readme alone this past weekend took me alost 5 hrs to complete, as I ave a new Alphabetical and numerical system in place so that when your looking for a particular file for info you can easily find it, I'm telling you this shit is tedious, i'd rather test as i can play, but im seriously SOL right now, i can test, nor play, so Im stuck doing these stupid readmes that have to be done, i mean were not talking about 1 mod here, were talking about enough detail and description for 200+ mods in one mod, so you got to do some thinking and planning,a dn tweaking and what not, its not an easy mod to build.

But now that I'm almost done with the readmes got a couple to update, i can use them as a template for any other version.

I think i may just skip the CF version (Customization Full).

I mean alot of folks have been waiting on the ACE version to release probably since last year after I released it initially, same for the Arma2 version A2WarMod,

that hasn't been updated in a while, and I have WarMod for Arma1, now that most of the bugs are out of the mod,

and some new great features to be added v 1.2 is going to be the shit, to bad when i release it I cant play it, WTF. :j:

I would advise creating a document that stipulates which mods HAVE TO HAVE their userconfigs setup by the player. If you recall, I got burned by

this a bit with the "all round defense" mod. I thought that all I had to do was simply drop the CoWarMod into ArmA's directory, and I'd be all set to go.

The installation readme is always included, I have it setup where you have 3 files to install, the @CoWarMod folder, keys folder, and userconfig,

the userconfig has all the usercofig files for every mod that uses one.

Just do yourself a favor and read the readmes, always, for WarMod series mods you should, i spend countless hours building them,

to make them as readable and understandable, and detailed as I can and know how, and the readmes are built for a 200+ mods not just one.

So if anyone doesn't have any objections, Im going to just release the COWarMod CL v 1.2, and the regular COWarMod v 1.2, and skip building the COWarModCF version.

Testing

if you guys are testing, i need one mod tested at a time and feedback on that, once we know its working then we move on, and please use the

list of other mods I made that may possibly conflict with the mod you are testing. and Hurry it up, I want to be done with all this on the weekend.

any questions let me know.

Did some initial tests with TWPS last night.. all good so far.. will do some more tonight and post results with RPT files. Note that TWPS is not officially MP compatible yet (addon version 1.1) although from reading the TWPS thread it seems to have no issues so far...

I would say stick with the two versions for now... players can still customize their install by removing mods. Perhaps if there are enough requests for it.. but otherwise sounds like a lot of work :p

+1. I think the CL version is great for those who don't want to use the AI mods or whatever else is not enabled in that, but I don't see any need to provide a version with everything disabled, as users can easily do that themselves and add back whichever addons they want.

DisabledForcedOpticsForBinocular

Disables auto switch to optics for binocular. The tweak allows you to look above the binocular and look through it only when

necessary by pressing the optics key. In addition you can walk with a binocular without the annoying auto switch to optics.

It worked, although it's somewhat stubborn to trigger. Nice feature, and, as you said, very true to real life usage.

Thanks for tip!

Your welcome Kyle_K_ski, had added your question and the answer with mod to my Q&A faq so others that

come along who have the same question can see what mod has the feature.

New Mods to test

Ai Heli Control

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15898

Cannon/Main Gun Vehicle Replacement - tests completed, mod can be added to CWM.

MP Compatible Fast Rope Addon

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5791

GAM Clockfacing Report

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14183

Enhanced Skills Slider

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16213

TPWC AI suppression system -currently being tested

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17049

===================================

Possible Conflicting mods list

may conflict with:

-ASC Weapon Pack

-fnc_scopes_common_c

-fnc_scopes_common_m

-slx_modweapons_3d_optics

-slx_optics

-tgw_gdtmod_glsights_extension

-gdtmod_under_barrel_grenade_launcher_sights

may conflict with:

-HiddenUnitTags_Gameplay_C_PvPscene

-DisabledPeripheralVisionEnemy

-DisabledPeripheralVisionFriendly

-fthud

======

IMPORTANT!!

-List above is current, anything you can test is much appreciated.

We want to have all testing completed by Saturday if not earlier if possible, as I'd like to release

both COWarModCL v 1.2, and COWarMod v 1.2 Full (regular version like CWM v 1.1)

RPT

-For those that are testing post your rpt's if you have one whether your getting bugs or not, I may be able to see and or

point out something that needs further observation or testing.

Target Line

Remember only use the required CBA, your testing target line should be something like this:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;COWarMod

If your testing a new mod to be added then line should be same as above without COWarmod.

When you test a new addition with COWarmod, actually put the mod files in the addons folder with COWarMod,

as that is how they will be running if the mod has no issues and added.

Thank you for your feedback on helping me make a decision about the COWarModCF version, you guys are right, there is enough

a player/user can do to enable and disable in the mod, mod itself is very customizable.

Today I will be finishing up with the readmes, and reviewing anything for the mod, as well adding/integrating Cannon/Main Gun Vehicle Replacement

to version 1.2 and updating the readmes for the new addition accordingly.

any questions and reports then post your reply.

Hi Gunter

I'm not sure if Ai Heli Control is the same thing but I have a mod called Heli Extras which I found has a key conflict with Mando's Missile Mod as they both used LWIN, Mando's to fire and Heli Extras to open the menu. Heli Extras config actually has RWIN mapped but my keyboard doesn't have a RWIN, which I guess is why it triggers on LWIN.

I don't think Mando's is part of COWarMod anyway but as some people might want to use it as well, you might want to warn them about this conflict.

Doveman thanks for the feedback.

yes heli_extras.pbo is Ai Heli Control.

Mando is not in CWM as i had no response from the author when i had asked last year, i will note the conflict when i add,

if i add Ai heli control to the mod as we need to test it.

What i had done today:

-integrated Cannon/Main Gun Vehicle Replacement into CWMCL

-updated 5-6 readmes with the new mod added

-reviewed the optional Tweaks & Mods part of the customization folder and had implemented the alphabetical numerical system

into 1 of 3 readmes so far, need to do the rest, these will take about 30min a piece to do.

-need to update the SLX part of the Optional tweaks and Mods part as well.

-possible addition:

TPW HOUSELIGHTS

I will be asking tpw for permission in the AM if I may include this.

=========================

All I can do today as Im out of time.

Good deal.

I read that post you made, but am wondering when you installed CoWarMod v1.1 how did you install it, according to the installation readme?

Did you move the @COWarMod, keys, and userconfig to the Arma2 directory, and then add @COWarMod to the target line like this:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@COWarMod

Anyways I will send tpw a pm about the other mod.

Anyone have anymore results to post?

Just test one mod at a time and report, thats it.