Good stuff :)

Anyone know the file that make the AI spam yell "Grenade!" and "reloading!" -is that SLX shout? Need to terminate that f*cker :p

Anyone
?

You coming to this thread to ask someone else or you asking the creator of COWarMod what it is?

I built the mod not anyone else, so be more specific when you ask.

Also refer to the readme's included which I spent many hours putting together while in the process of testing,

if you cant read the readmes included with the download and find your answer then ask here.

The terms "search before you post" applies to mods as well, dont waste a modder's time if you cant take the time

to read the readmes, I spent my personal free time for you guys, you can at least take the time to read a readme, its the least you all can do.

As for your answer:

Remove SLX_shout.

Was that really necessary?

If you are unsure as to what mod in COWarMod does what, please refer to the included readmes for more detailed information, or post in the Official COWarMod release thread, and ask your questions there, or refer to my website and review the COWarMod info there.

As to the SLX readme

Makes people say stuff.

So does DSAI as a matter of fact. I understand you put a ton of work in to this huge compilation and thats exactly why I said "anyone" - as in maybe others know as not to bother the modder themself...?

Seriously man, lighten up -it was a simple question and I would think in the spirit of a compilation mod that scales to many different taste -posed to everyone using it. Not every single question in the ACE thread is directed to Sickboy -it's to the other users as well who tend to help as a group. The lecture was uncalled for and frankly if thats the spirit in which you want to conduct your thread -thanks but no thanks -not worth the attitude.

Good luck.

Edited by froggyluv

I have no attitude, Im just stating points, you can read it and feel that it comes across as an attitude thats for you to decide,

but that was not my intention.

Theres no pun intended towards you froggy, have I ever been that way in any of my posts either in my warmod threads

or SLX one, not at all. I just made an observational point, I'm sory if i had offended you if it seemed that way, or at

least came across in that direction.

And yes i agree with you that what you said anyone who would know would work to, i didn't look at it in that direction

as I am always available to answer questions.

I feel its important to be there for those that would take the time to download and play with the mod, enjoy it but then maybe

run into some trouble or have a question, and if no one answers be it for me or whomever could then at least i can be there.

Anyways the SLX readme is not specific nor does it say much, i did not make that readme just cleaned it

up and made it more readable for what it already had.

All the files in CoWarMod that deal with AI voices:

-SLX_shout
-slx_dialogue
-sar Krik-(dynamic shouts)
-Rug DSai
-streamlined audio
-radio_discipline

SLX_shout is the one you want.

Any other questions, thoughts, ideas, comments, then Im here for now til my internet gets cut again :(

?

You coming to this thread to ask someone else or you asking the creator of COWarMod what it is?

I built the mod not anyone else, so be more specific when you ask.

Also refer to the readme's included which I spent many hours putting together while in the process of testing,

if you cant read the readmes included with the download and find your answer then ask here.

The terms "search before you post" applies to mods as well, dont waste a modder's time if you cant take the time

to read the readmes, I spent my personal free time for you guys, you can at least take the time to read a readme, its the least you all can do.

As for your answer:

Remove SLX_shout.

Outstanding! You totally spoke out of my soul mate! I should copy that and put it into my signature :D

Sry for Of-topic, but that was awesome!

Jarhead

Its alright, just being honest, nothing special about it but my intentions are always honest, and not offensive,

some people dont care for that, for others they see it as I intended.

Amazing how one can turn a simple idea into a massive series of mods, anyone could have done what I have done,

but it seems Im the only one who followed through, I did it for myself and the community.

Yah, thats the thing mate. Most people would just do it for themselves. But you? No, you did that for all the other members here and you guarantee that it works. And if not, you work on that till it does. Others are just too lazy to do such a big work or even too selfish to release it as a mod for the community. So nothing to feel sry about or so, you just right ;) And its good you just show them the way!

So...

Jarhead

Well you did the same for your soundmod, sound mod is not an original idea, but none the less you took it

apon yourself to create an entire sound mod system that alot of the community members really enjoy.

Alot of members in the community of done some extraordinary things, be they small or massive, and if you think of it

really the BIS developers other then providing the tools well at least some of them had really no hand in anything we all created.

Modding and what I have built, and you, and many others is not for everyone, me I wasn't satisfied with my game, and after seeing

what many others have created I wanted it all in one mod without having 50+ mod folders running in my target line,

so the idea was and this is exactly what i said to myself...

"What if someone took all them great mods and made one huge mod with all them features."

Well realizing that aint no one going to take on the project, and i wanted it bad, the journey to pull this off is what started WarMod.

I'm really just really repeating myself, its all on my About page for the mod,

plus more info: http://warmod.webs.com/aboutwarmod.htm

anyways thanks for the compliments.

So apparently the "Grenade!" yell is actually in both SLX_Shout and Rug_DSAI as me and a mate were playing last nite with your mod minus SLX_Shout.

I just removed RUG as well and didn't here it after spam grenade throwing. Another thing is that I haven't heard them spam it quite as much (although sometimes still a little much) if only one of those files is present. So perhaps having both is what leads to the non-stop verbiage.

The grenade spam is SLX shout, but when a soldier is about to throw a grenade, or a grenade is near, then it is yelled.

Here are the mods in detail that deal with the AI saying stuff:

From the AI mods in CoWarMod readme (included in the download)

Radio Discipline

Description:

I was tired of all the "moving", "covering", "Go I cover" messages all over the radio.

Thats why I got rid of the messages and changed "target THAT" to "target" and "engage THAT" to "attack"

(engage solo was not avaibable) ("contact" got out as well, like "clear")

2 versions: Normal= like told above

extrem= no "Target" Messages

Included .pbo files:

radio_discipline.pbo

radio_discipline_extr.pbo

===============================

Streamlined Radio

Description:

Gets rid of some radio annoyances and shortens it. Adds other radio features.

Features:

- Removes "that", "to the", "to our", "from us" and some "at" lines.

- Detection reports are now organized by side, unit type, location, and distance. Rather than just random.

- "Man" identification changed to "soldier". Man is still used if unit is unknown or is a civilian

- Added missing "Unknown" voices.

- Added 2 engage lines "fire at", "Attack"

- Added ellipses in detection reports for easier readability

- Unit numbers have been replaced with alphabets. (1 = Alpha, 2 = Bravo, 3 = Charlie...) (SLX)

Included files:

radio_streamlined.pbo

radio_streamlined_text.pbo

radio_streamlined_identify.pbo

radio_streamlined_a2_only.pbo

radio_streamlined_identify_a2_only.pbo

Dynamic Sound AI (RUG DSAI)

Description:

It gives your and the enemies AI a voice beyond the stale radio messages

Features:

* Ready made scripts for Dynamic Sound AI that is easily modifiable by the end-user.

* Your AI will shout curses at the enemy, tell you when they're reloading, throwing a grenade, engaging, when they're hurt,

fleeing or when they've scored a big kill! And much more.

* Works in both SP, client-side MP and server-side MP

* Features English, Arab, Russian and Spanish voices by default

* Can assign voices to all sides (BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent, Civilian, SideEnemy)

* Easily activated/deactived by mission makers, addon makers or server admins as required, using global variables

and config entries (see below for more information)

* Auto-initialization using CBA (fully CBA compatible)

Included .pbo files:

RUG_DSAIRUS.pbo

RUG_DSAISPA.pbo

RUG_DSAIArab.pbo

RUG_DSAIGen.pbo

RUG_DSAIENG.pbo

RUG_DSAI.pbo

Dynamic Shouts

Description:

Enables the characters to produce different sounds in battle. Soldiers will shout they are wounded, killed, kill

the enemy or simply saw a grenade at his feet.

This adds a bit of realness to your combat missions. Now you can hear what's going on with your mates, or adversary at some point.

The main feature - the character is superimposed on his own voice, now one and the same person will not cry in different voices.

Features:

- Adds 3 new modules, you can find them in Game Logic => Modules.

- Shouts with the wounded character

- Shouts when the character fires a grenade launcher or throws grenades

- Shouts when a character dies

- 9 voices for BLUFOR and OPFOR, and 3 voices for Resistance.

The main feature - the character is superimposed on his own voice,

now one and the same person will not cry in different voices.

Included .pbo files:

sar_krik.pbo

sar_krik_start.pbo

extended_eventhandlers.pbo

SLX_Shout:

Description

Makes people say stuff. - (very descriptive Solus :j:)

Heres what it does, does alot mroe then make people say stuff, they say alot of stuff. review the script below

Here is the script from SLX_shout (script available when you extract SLX_shout.pbo)

SLX_Talk.sqf

// Make an array of people say things.
// To add new types add an entry to the end of the goto list then add the definition to the end of the definitions list.
// To use)then{ [unitsToTalk_Array,"TalkType",Optional_Time_Between_Talks,Optional_Always_Talk] call SLX_Shout;
//[[player],"Grenade",.2,1] call SLX_Shout;
//[units player,"idle"] call SLX_Shout;
if(!isnil "SLX_NoTalk")exitwith{};

private["_WaitTime","_AlwaysTalk","_units","_comments"];

_wait=random 2;
_WaitTime=-2;
_AlwaysTalk=false;

_units=_this select 0;
if((count _this)>2)then{_WaitTime=_this select 2};
if((count _this)>3)then{_AlwaysTalk=true};

if(!(local (_units select 0)))exitwith{};

//player globalchat format["%1 Talk %2 ! %3 %4 %5", _units, _this select 1,(_WaitTime>-1),time,_WaitTime];

if((count _units)<1)exitwith{};

// Init array;
_comments=[];

// talk type, to lower for case sensitive
switch (toLower(_this select 1)) do {

case "bleeding": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentScreaming","SLX_SentScreaming","SLX_SentScreaming","SLX_SentHealthCritical"];
};

case "hurt": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentScreaming"];
};

case "wounded": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentScreaming","SLX_SentScreaming","SLX_SentScreaming","SLX_SentHealthCritical"];
};

case "reloading": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentReloading"];
};

case "throwgrenade": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentThrowingGrenade"];
};

case "grenade": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentIncomingGrenade"];
};

case "takecover": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentCmdHide"];
};

case "coveringfire": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentCovering","SLX_SentSuppressing"];
};

case "move": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentMove"];
};

case "getin": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentCmdGetIn"];
};

case "getout": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentCmdGetOut"];
};

case "spotted": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentEnemyContact"];
};

case "contact": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentContact","SLX_SentEnemyContact"];
};

case "suppress": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentCovering","SLX_SentSuppressing"];
};

case "suppressed": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentRouted","SLX_SentEndangered","SLX_SentUnderFire"];
};

case "attack": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentAttackNoTarget"];
};

case "hold": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentCmdExpect","SLX_SentCombatGeneric","SLX_SentCmdStop"];
};

case "stop": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentCmdStop"];
};

case "retreat": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentRouted","SLX_SentEndangered"];
};

case "medic": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentHealthCritical"];
};

case "clear": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentClear"];
};

case "curse": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentRouted"];
};

case "cursescream": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentRouted"];
};

case "backup": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentSupportAskRearm","SLX_SentWhereAreYou","SLX_SentReportStatus","SLX_SentCmdSupport"];
};

case "incoming": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentUnderFire"];
};

case "surrender": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentHoldFireInCombat","SLX_SentCeaseFireInsideGroup"];
};

case "tanks": {
	_comments=[];
};

case "gunship": {
	_comments=[];
};

case "allydown": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentWitnessKilled"];
};

case "idle": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentWitnessDeadBody"];
};

case "idle_vest": {
};

case "idle_hot": {
};

case "idle_cold": {
};

case "need_medic": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentSupportAskHeal"];
};

case "support_done": {
	_comments=["SLX_SentSupportDone"];
};

default {
	_comments=[];
};

};

[_units,_comments,_WaitTime,_AlwaysTalk] spawn {

_units=_this select 0;
_comments=_this select 1;
_WaitTime=_this select 2;
_AlwaysTalk=_this select 3;

_unit=_units select 0;

// player globalchat format["%1 Talk %2 ! %3 %4 %5", _unit, _comments];

if((count _comments)>0)then{

// for each unit
	{
		// make exitable scope
		{

// 10 % chance to get a voice comment in group, 100% chance for 1 unit group;
			if(
				(
					((count _units)>1)
					&&
					// (random 1<0.8)
					// (random 1<0.9)
					( (random (count _units)) < ((count _units)*0.7) )
				)
				||
				((getNumber (configFile/"CfgVehicles"/typeof _x/"SLX_Exclude"))>0)
			)exitwith{};

_wait=random 2;
			if(_WaitTime>-1)then{_wait=(_WaitTime*.1)+random _WaitTime};
			sleep _wait;

if(behaviour _x=="STEALTH")exitwith{};

if(
				(_AlwaysTalk)
				||
				( 
					(
						(_WaitTime>-1)
						||
						!(isPlayer _x)
					) 
					&& (({behaviour _x=="STEALTH"}count units _x)<1) 
					&& ((count units _x)>1) 
				)
			)then
			{

// player globalchat format["%1 Talk %2 ! %3 %4 %5", _x, _comments];

SLX_NetCode=[ '(_this select 1) directSay (_this select 2);', _x,(_comments select (floor(random((count _comments)-0.5)))) ]; SLX_NetCode call compile (SLX_NetCode select 0); publicVariable 'SLX_NetCode';
			};

// make exitable scope
		} foreach [_x];
	} foreach _units;

};

};

Wow -ok ,I guess I didn't read enough of the readme! My apologies to you and thanks for detailed response.

No worries, theres alot to the mod.

Well another day and I wont be around for some time, sorry to say, but when I get back

I will have the following available for download:

-COWarMod Full version 1.2

-COWarMod Patch version 1.2

-A2WarMod Full version 1.5

-A2WarMod Patch version 1.5

-COWarMod/Ace Full version 1.0

-WarMod for Arma1 update (possibly)

Nice! Finally I get to DL this mod. Looks like it's been out for some time now. Hope it works well with Reinforcements.

Nice! Finally I get to DL this mod. Looks like it's been out for some time now. Hope it works well with Reinforcements.

Use COWarmod & it should be fine. If you have any problems, post back - maybe some other user with Reinforcements will be able to help.

BR

Orcinus

Hey guys!

Gunter here, I still dont have internet atm I'm actually at the library lol using the computer there for the internet.

I miss you guys and being on, but soon again I will just need to get my financial situation straightened out.

I want to report some news about WarMod.

As said before I have some updates:

-WarMod Full version 1.5 (Arma1) -(Rebuild)

-WarMod Patch version 1.5

-A2WarMod Full version 1.5 (Arma2)

-A2WarMod Patch version 1.5

-COWarMod Full version 1.2 (Arma2CO)

-COWarMod Patch version 1.2

-COWarMod/Ace Full version 1.0 (Arma2CO)

-A2SLX (Arma2)

-COSLX (Arma2CO)

I will check back in tomorrow, any questions I can answer them once a day as i only have so much time here.

Welcome back! Hope you had a good christmas and new years. Can you give us a changelog before release?

Hey guys!

Gunter here, I still dont have internet atm I'm actually at the library lol using the computer there for the internet.

I miss you guys and being on, but soon again I will just need to get my financial situation straightened out.

I want to report some news about WarMod.

As said before I have some updates:

I will check back in tomorrow, any questions I can answer them once a day as i only have so much time here.

Have you noticed any facial bugs? On the first mission in red harvest were you have the option to rescue the civilians, the female in the barn has her face texture screwed up.

Edited by mex

Welcome back! Hope you had a good christmas and new years. Can you give us a changelog before release?

Yes I can, theres still more things to test yet and do keep in mind the mod was rebuilt, theres also some additions I would like to add but with my limited time here I will need to have my reg internet back to research, there also may be some addons/mods in CoWarMod that need to be updated.

Have you noticed any facial bugs? On the first mission in red harvest were you have the option to rescue the civilians, the female in the barn has her face texture screwed up.

No, I never played the mission, I build my own, best way to test the mod in my opinion is through the editor and in MP.

If you guys have any feedback for the mod be it problems, ideas, or whatever, then please let me know so i can work on it.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Hi

Two heads-ups relating to the killer AI since 1.60:

Terox has released a beta of a modifed Zeus-AI;see this post & the rest of the thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?89970-Zeus-AI-Combat-Skills&p=2102099&viewfull=1#post2102099

and Jedra has just released a brilliant new addon that allows the player to change, via an in-game GUI, all the settings for AI skills (including ones not readily accessible by other means):

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131233-Enhanced-Skills-Slider

I haven't had time to try them in combination, not even with vanilla CO (the little free time I have atm is spent on combining HAC with DAC), however one or other or both seem potentially useful, with COWarmod, and indeed valuable additions to the game itself.

BR

Orcinus

Good post Orcinus,

I will have to check them out when i get more time, I like feedback liek yours, as for the new version full and patch version Im looking to add,a nd or update, even fix things if possible, alot already has been done, but thanks for the reply.

Good post Orcinus,

I will have to check them out when i get more time, I like feedback liek yours, as for the new version full and patch version Im looking to add,a nd or update, even fix things if possible, alot already has been done, but thanks for the reply.

Hi buddy

Sorry to have missed you again!

When my current killing work schedule eases off in a couple of weeks I should have time to explore these addons & how they work with COWarmod (& COSLX, come to that, since that also mods the AI in some ways). Will post findings as & when I get them.

Best wishes

Orcinus

PS is it just me, or has anyone else noticed how much AI-related work is going on? ASR & others still doing sterling work on existing projects, ofc, but with HAC, SLX & Zeus revived, plus new projects like those I cited, Blake's FO project, etc., there seems to be a real flowering in the last few months. Whoopee!

I'm really enjoying using a sort of SLX "lite" which consists in running slx_anim_death, slx_cartridges, slx_cloud, slx_findcover, slx_netcode, slx_ragdoll, slx_shout, slx_wounds but is there any way to get rid of the double display of certain commands in the in-game menu? e.g. First Aid, First Aid and Drag, Drag ?

I'm really enjoying using a sort of SLX "lite" which consists in running slx_anim_death, slx_cartridges, slx_cloud, slx_findcover, slx_netcode, slx_ragdoll, slx_shout, slx_wounds but is there any way to get rid of the double display of certain commands in the in-game menu? e.g. First Aid, First Aid and Drag, Drag ?

there are two .pbos for that, don't remember their exact name but you can find their description in the readme.

there are two .pbos for that, don't remember their exact name but you can find their description in the readme.

Do you mean "SLX_RemoveFirstAidAction" and "SLX_RemoveHealAction" because IIRC they don't work for me...