Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

Hello

In a mission Im editing whe a player re spawns after being killed.

The radio quite often doesnt work unless the player removes it from his gear and then retakes it into his gear

Any one know why this happens ??

Thanks in advance

Hello

In a mission Im editing whe a player re spawns after being killed.

The radio quite often doesnt work unless the player removes it from his gear and then retakes it into his gear

Any one know why this happens ??

Thanks in advance

Wait a time, ACRE reconnects itself.

Hey peoples, sorry for the lack of updates recently.

We are currently trying to make the most bug free release of ACRE yet and have been testing the crap out of it in a few of our testing communities. :) We are very close, along with maybe some exciting new features in the next update!

maybe some exciting new features in the next update!

Vehicle Racks mmkay?

Exciting new features like repeating and modular antennas? More radios (Of the Russian or civilian variety) maybe? Completely new vehicle radios?

I'm hoping that AI will become aware of player voices, depending on their loudness.

Now THAT would be awesome, especially for stealth missions.

Edited by domokun

I'm hoping that AI will become aware of player voices, depending on the loudness.

Now THAT would be awesome, especially for stealth missions.

That would be cool, finally a use for the ACE hand signals

I got a question: The slider in the TS plugin section, does it have any effect? my prob is, the normal 3D voices, when close to a player are perfect, even when chopper is passing by or gunfire is around. But while being pilot in chopper, it's really hard to understand something on the radio. I already turned down my game volume , but it's so quiet right now, i can hardly hear sounds or spot gunfire from any direction. Shouldn't be the radio much louder? When i think about flying a real jet or chopper, the headphone radio traffic must be really loud..

my point simply is: radio needs to be louder for crew or pilots, cause i don't wanna fly with turned down game volume only to hear radio traffic, that's no immersion for me anymore and the soundmods are just great..I don't wanna complain or cry, just a suggestion, to give the radios more "power" regarding volume, so default volume is higher..Right now it's maxed out for me if i pick the 117 or 119 , maybe increase the volume by default and make the volume control be like in the middle, so u are still able to make it louder or more quiet..

I hope you know what i mean..

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

That would be cool, finally a use for the ACE hand signals

I've got a script that makes AI aware of players if they speak within a X range of them; however, they can detect you even if you only tap your push to talk :/

well allright, seems like i'm the only one , regarding the adjustable radio volume. I turn off game sound then, so i can hear ground forces calling for cas :/

Rudy, TBH most complaints I get are the radios are far too loud for people.

Also radios will be louder in the next update (yea... that sounds a bit odd considering what I just said).

well allright, seems like i'm the only one , regarding the adjustable radio volume. I turn off game sound then, so i can hear ground forces calling for cas :/

I'm with you in having the same issue. Myself and several guys I play with get some odd audio levels when using ACRE. My game volume is almost all the way down just to be able to hear the radios. I know some guys in our unit run game sound through speakers and then ACRE through their headset to avoid this issue. It's always just been a balancing act.

We probably just like to turn the game up too loud anyways!

Nou, it's no complaint in general, it's just a suggestion. I play with headphones and i got gamesound and TS on headset, I#ve heard about ppl using phones only for TS. And i prefer having game sound as loud as possible, so my ears don't hurt, but it feels real, you know what i mean? So while flying in chopper, i wanna feel like i'm in the chopper. What i only suggested : You increase the default volume for radios and, for example, on UHF or 117 : I don't know how many IIIIIIII Bars are max on it , but lets say it#s 10 bars , so you make it louder and set default on 5 Bars, so ppl can either increase or decrease. That's what i'm talking about.

I'm with you in having the same issue. Myself and several guys I play with get some odd audio levels when using ACRE. My game volume is almost all the way down just to be able to hear the radios. I know some guys in our unit run game sound through speakers and then ACRE through their headset to avoid this issue. It's always just been a balancing act.

you were faster sorry, but that's exactly what i mean :)

But what about my other question, the slider in the plugin section on TS, when i use it, nothing happens, or am i doing sth wrong??

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Some people reported issues getting ACRE to work through Six Updater, e.g the installation of the TS3 plugins etc.

This could've been caused by the fact that SU expected TS3 to be installed "For all users", as opposed to "For the current user only".

The issue is resolved in v2.9.5pre28, available on auto-self-update. As a bonus, you can now manually configure the TS3 path if you wish, either globally in the options, or overriden per Game Profile.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/29966

I too found the volume was too low when I was playing on my LAN with a friend at the weekend. On his PC I had to boost the Mic in the Realtek Control Panel by +20 or +30db and I still found it hard to hear him in a chopper and we spent a lot of time checking whether it was working.

We were both using headsets for game sound and TS, with TS on continuous transmission (so we can hear each other without using the radio when near to each other) and using the radios/ACRE for when we were further apart. We also use VAC to give voice commands, and the toggle key I set for that also mutes the TS mic (so we don't have to listen to each other talking to our computers!) and the ACRE key (CAPSLOCK) deactivates VAC whilst it's held.

I wonder if it might be possible to have some sort of constantly open radio channel when in a chopper. I imagine IRL the pilot and gunner (or passengers) communicate this way, as it's too noisy to talk normally, but in Arma it's a bit tricky to have to keep pressing the Radio key to communicate whilst flying or targeting. On foot it's not necessary when the players are near each other as they can hear each other via TS anyway (although if using PTT they still have to press a key, which I imagine is also a bit fiddly when in combat. I'm using continuous transmission on my LAN, so I haven't got any experience of this though) but in a chopper (and maybe other vehicles) you can't really hear each other this way.

i encountered the same bug which was reported before: transmit over radio button is not working all the time.

press Capslock: no peep in the begining, transmit info is showing up -> no transmit over radio

press Capslock: peep in the begining, transmit info is showing up -> transmit over radio

it seems to be randomly whether it works or not.

i updated few minutes ago over SixUpdater and reinstalled teamspeak, capslock is not used by any other action..

Cheers Cruzifer

UPDATE: found out that when pressing the radio transmit while talking, it doesnt work. right now i adjusted the threshold in ts3 to a higher level and it works better.

Edited by Cruzifer

Same problem since many versions for me - but a simple solution for me too:

i wait 2 or 3 minutes after the game session is started and it works. This error occurs only in the first few minutes and then disappears.

The other way is to use the ptt-button for normal speaking how acre is required by! :-P

regards

Ok: I haven't read the previous 70+ pages ... so this is sorta like trolling, but for an answer. /*Don't shoot!*/

Using 117 or 119 on Squad Mate's back; best info I have is "Not yet implemented".

That's so?

We're looking forward to this.

--TAW_Dawks

p.s. I very usually / always use VOX for TS. Got me thinking: any way of having VOX for DirectComms in game? I'm tempted to call that RFE but not sure it's even possible.

Edited by Tremblay
adding p.s.

Using 117 or 119 on Squad Mate's back; best info I have is "Not yet implemented".

That's so?

Stay within 2-3 meters of said RTO unit with the radio equipped (Must be on back to use), and use your world interaction key to use the radio.

Buddy radios and rack radios have got a BIG load of fixes in the upcoming update. I have used a rack radio for a mission that was over an hour and a half long (was a M2A2 gunner and was listening to company net on the 117F in the rack). Before that was nearly impossible, the radios would randomly stop working, often fairly quick and be totally broken from that point on. Now its working 100% it seems!

Same goes for the buddy radios!

I am using ACE 2 Revive, and wanted to know is there any way that when you are dead and waiting to be revived you can still hear players ? as it is sometimes a very long wait and players sometimes hit respawn when being revived.

Found this but not sure what it does really ?

["wounds", true] call acre_api_fnc_toggleAceFeatureCompat;

Thanks

Edited by psvialli