Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

A.C.R.E - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - 1.3 Stable - Release Thread

It is working for some of us? None of us are using the beta. We are using the exact same settings/programs/versions all of us.

The voice saying "error" is also spamming the TS chat with this:

Action currently not possible due to spam protection. Please wait a few seconds and try again.

I had the same problem just on my LAN with two PCs, with the second PC getting blocked by this spam protection and TS saying "Error" every time the user tried to speak. I fixed it by changing the Server Group and Channel Group for the user from the default Guest (temp) to Operator or Admin (perm). Maybe this isn't suitable for a non-LAN server and there's a better way to disable/reduce the spam protection though.

I am once more back on square one, which is teamspeak saying its not connected. This time however im running it in beta, executing it with a launcher to get CO and enable mods and im using jayarma2lib_new. This time the information given on acre at the main menu is all smush and its like thier 2 layers of texts there.

I am once more back on square one, which is teamspeak saying its not connected. This time however im running it in beta, executing it with a launcher to get CO and enable mods and im using jayarma2lib_new. This time the information given on acre at the main menu is all smush and its like thier 2 layers of texts there.

Yeah, I get that too. Doesn't stop ACRE working though.

I have same problem. TS3 say "error error......"

We play with expantion/beta ACE ACRE Jayarma2lib_NEW and some MODs.

allways TS3 and ACRE is working normally at first. but when we play eneble respawn mission then respawn some player start TS3 say "error" and stop working ACRE.

Maybe this problem we started latest up to date ACE hotfix. but I cannot say it is problem certainly.

we have stress recently.I hope to find how to fix this problem.

Same problem here. Server: Linux Debian 6 -> TS 3 3.0.3 | ACRE 1.3.16 But it can't be a ACE problem. Our Server uses the latest ACE STABLE version, which is 1.13. Interesting is, that this problem appeared, after i updated our Server TS from '3.0.0-beta16 build=9929' to the latest '3.0.3.' Clients all use the latest TS3 client (3.0.5). I hope could help you guys to fix this (annoying) error. xd ^^

Edited by B1n4ry

Its not anything under our control. You need to speak to your TS3 hosting company about their TS3 spam settings. This is either something TS3 hosting companies are turning on just now or it was broken or disabled by default on previous server software.

I am not sure of the server setting though to be honest.

After having said ACRE was working for me, I've just been testing a LAN game on Battlefield 3 A2 CTI and ACRE wasn't working.

At first, Capslock triggered the Radio on PC1 (the server) but that stopped working after a brief while, then it started working on PC2 instead but it wasn't transmitting any sound, nor was it transmitting when the players were right next to each other.

I then tested on a 2-player custom mission I made just to test the AH-64 and at first PC1 was working but not PC2, but after I triggered Teamspeak's mic mute (set to ALT+I) it started working, so perhaps it's just Battlefield 3 A2 CTI that has a problem with ACRE.

Another somewhat annoying bug. I use VAC for voice control in ARMA and have ALT+I set to toggle that off/TS Mic on and vice-versa (so that I'm either VAC or TS is using the mic) and I have TS set to say "Mic Activated" when it has the mic. However, when I die in ARMA, it seems like ACRE sends a mute/unmute to TS as I hear the "Mic Activated" message, and of course being dead I can't talk anyway so it's not very helpful!

We mute and then unmute your microphone for the first 5 seconds after you die to prevent any sort or problems with latency on TS muting you, since when you are muted on TS by other people it has to propagate to the server and back, not to mention there is the latency of the other clients knowing you are dead or not.

We mute and then unmute your microphone for the first 5 seconds after you die to prevent any sort or problems with latency on TS muting you, since when you are muted on TS by other people it has to propagate to the server and back, not to mention there is the latency of the other clients knowing you are dead or not.

Fair enough, that's a good reason! I'll just have to put up with the voice messages when I die or try and find some other way around it. Actually, I think I can set a voice message in VAC when that's activated and disable the TS one, which should do the trick.

First of all I can't help thanking all ACRE devs for ACRE. It's almost the best addon for Arma ever. Almost, because it can only compete with ACE :)

Now to the point.

One guy gave me ACRE_V1.4.0_RC1.zip a few days ago O_o

I checked the roadmap at http://tracker.idi-systems.com/versions/show/14 and it's already in for 1.5 and 1.6 is planned too. 1.4 is not even mentioned.

When do you guyz plan to release 1.4 on SU network?

And can you, please, explain?

-- 1.4.0 RC1 --

* 5.1/7.1 fixed

* Direct speaking distance is based on the actual volume of the speaker

* Multiple bug/stability fixes through 1.3.x series

What does this "speaking distance is based on the actual volume of the speaker" means in practical usage. I guess it means that the louder I speak to my microphone - the farther players hear me over ACRE, right? This would be totally awesome! Can't wait.

realy, good question, zvukoper! :)

And Nou, when you add function to descrease this annoing 'squawk' souds?! Or change this sounds for more preaty :)?!

realy, good question, zvukoper! :)

And Nou, when you add function to descrease this annoing 'squawk' souds?! Or change this sounds for more preaty :)?!

Boo, I like the squawk sound, it's feels authentic ;)

....Or change this sounds for more preaty :)?!

Actually that would be pretty damn nice to have it where groups/soundmod designers/whatever can have a chance to customize the "squawk" sound.

Yokhanan

+100500, very annoing this f8cking sound, when you play 5-8 hours with ACRE on server when 40-50pplz

There are RCs out there for the testing groups. They will be released publicly shortly with all the details.

As for changing the squawk sound its a lot harder than you think. First off, Arma's sound controls are really crap. You can't dynamically adjust the volume of samples being played back (there goes having squawks play at the same volume as your radio is set) or pan them (there goes squawks being assigned to the ear that they are meant to be).

Currently the squawk sound is actually IN the ACRE DLL as a compiled resource which we read out to memory and play back. Its a crappy solution because it limits us from customizing squawk sounds, but its the only one we got at the moment.

The only way it could be done for customization is to make 3 separate sounds, one for the center, another two for the left/right. Then you'd have to have at least 10 config entries for each one for the various volume levels. They'd all have to follow a certain naming standard as well so we could call them in ACRE.

Its be good, maby for first step you can change a current sound for something another, more soften?!

How we can assist you with this, realy man... :(!

Because this f8cking annoing sound - sometimes I throw out my headphons when hear this radio beeps after 5hours of playing :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think Im not alone :D

As variant decrease volume of this sound to 50% or in self-interact menu add action "Mute radio beeps (decrease squawk sounds to 80%)", somelike this

Or move sounds files out of dll (replace to links), and put in TS plugins folder near acre dll's (in personal folder) or inside @ACRE - posible?

Edited by J-Guid

@J-Guid I feel the same, ... sometimes in a bit longer seesions i'm taking off my Headset because of this sound.

Wich Soundcard / Headset you're using? I'm using X-Fi with a medusa 5.1, and the Higher frequencies a really

Headbursting. I even doubt that it's healthy for our hearing. So: plz. just change the Sound to something smoother..

hugh.

@J-Guid I feel the same, ... sometimes in a bit longer seesions i'm taking off my Headset because of this sound.

Wich Soundcard / Headset you're using? I'm using X-Fi with a medusa 5.1, and the Higher frequencies a really

Headbursting. I even doubt that it's healthy for our hearing. So: plz. just change the Sound to something smoother..

hugh.

yeah the beep is pretty loud, compared to the actual transmitting volume. Btw freak, i've had xfi and your medusa too, i found the mid and treble area from medusa sounds like a bucket. I was lucky that left speakers were broken so i took a sennheiser, which is not comparable in soundqualy. Superb with xfi for gaming and music.. i'll have to add that i'm not using gaming mode on the xfi, entertainment has more pressure :)

im use a 7.1 system at day time in my room on high volume :D, just image that, when 60+ ppz talking by radio, :mad: HEAD BOOM!

im use a 7.1 system at day time in my room on high volume :D, just image that, when 60+ ppz talking by radio, :mad: HEAD BOOM!

uh? Well i prefer playing in squads, with the leader only communicating with other leaders, that reduces headboom a lot, or prc on left ear for squad purpose, and 148 on right ear if I'm the leader. Otherwise, 60 ppl radio'ing at the same time..How can you actually control radio traffic? That sounds like chaos to me

There are RCs out there for the testing groups. They will be released publicly shortly with all the details.

As for changing the squawk sound its a lot harder than you think. First off, Arma's sound controls are really crap. You can't dynamically adjust the volume of samples being played back (there goes having squawks play at the same volume as your radio is set) or pan them (there goes squawks being assigned to the ear that they are meant to be).

Currently the squawk sound is actually IN the ACRE DLL as a compiled resource which we read out to memory and play back. Its a crappy solution because it limits us from customizing squawk sounds, but its the only one we got at the moment.

The only way it could be done for customization is to make 3 separate sounds, one for the center, another two for the left/right. Then you'd have to have at least 10 config entries for each one for the various volume levels. They'd all have to follow a certain naming standard as well so we could call them in ACRE.

Thanks for taking the time to explain all of this, mate. You don't realize how complex everything can be until you hear it explained. So much for the idea of just swapping sounds. While I'd love to see how the customization solution would work out, it sounds like it could end up a bit chaotic and risk breaking things? In that case, I'm fine with the current sound. Either way, it's a hell of a lot more fun and "immersive" than the built in stuff in ArmA. Hopefully by the time ArmA 3 comes out, maybe things--whether TS3 or whatever--will advance further and give you guys some more flexibility to do such things without having to jump through a ton of hurdles just for minor things such as sounds. :)

@fruity_rudy: Mine is giving up soon, and i already got eyes on sennheiser too. Only heared good

feedbacks from ppl using it. (Btw.: Wupper Valley ist `n knaller^^ ).

B2T. I'm really waiting 4 ACRE 1.4 hoping to can get par again. Currently we`re using 1.1.36

because all higher versions didn`t work to me anymore. Maybe too less CPU Power, but i had weird issuses

with hearing everyone, .. no more VoiceActivation working aso... 5.1 or 2.1 - no difference:(

@Nou

Will the 1.4 "outsource" the calculations to a external process as announced in the W.I.P thread?

1.4 does not include the engine movement to C++, though it is more performance minded, at least in the sense that it relies on code that is guaranteed to execute (a lot of this exists already in 1.3.16).

You really should upgrade, the 1.1.x series is very old. Voice Activation sadly is something we are not focusing on right now due to the number of changes that TS has introduced, making it rather hard to deal with.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

uh? Well i prefer playing in squads, with the leader only communicating with other leaders, that reduces headboom a lot, or prc on left ear for squad purpose, and 148 on right ear if I'm the leader. Otherwise, 60 ppl radio'ing at the same time..How can you actually control radio traffic? That sounds like chaos to me

The radio beep is really not that annoying if you have proper coms... Also unlike a lot of people here I've found it too quiet, though my soundpack volume is at -17dB (btw the soundpack volume slider in TS playback settings controls the base level of the squawk).

Nou, realy please, move a sound file as standalone or change it on some more soften and decrease sound volume, Im not alone who talking about this, lot of players dont wont to play with ACRE because hate this f8cking annoing HeadBoom sound, but he never ask to you about this (gray mass)! 'Lower headset' is to solution for this problem! :(

Or second solution its use default Arma radio sound, and anybody can change it how he want, its optimal way to resolve...

Please make in close realise time

@Nou: OK. I'll give the latest release another try, maybe it works for me too again. I visitiet

3 month ago a UO Training, i loved it. But unfortunally without a working installation of ACRE it's

impossible to join.

And about J-Guids wish (even if it technically not that easy), a solution for the load BEEP would

really be great, because i've heared the same thing from others often. Maybe it's just related to some

special headphones or it's because some people are more sensitive in hearing higher frequencies,

where the most among us are loosing the ability to hear the highest Bands when getting adult.