Sign in to follow this  
ANZACSAS Steven

Ikar's F-14 Tomcat v1.6

Hey guys,

Beleive it or not its not easy to get ppl to spend their time and skills on something thts not theirs.

Gnat, i could throttle you for saying that....:)

I been trying to contact you for months.....

Myke,you wiped most of my work from the RKT_F16 and havnt credited me as part of the development of it cos you werent there to know how i contributed.Thats why i havnt asked you.

Beleive me when i say this has been an uphill battle and i reckon i have repeatedly annoyed some ppl trying to get this far.Thats without all the ppl i sent messages to, asking if they wanted to help with the Arma2 -Community Airforce.

WLD427,

Considering you too are usnig addons that i have contributed to the development of, I hoped we mighta got a more constructive response.Seeing as also i downloaded your mod just to make sure the racs version would sit nicely in with your work.

@Steve

speechless. Old story is old and your role in this issue wasn't glorious either. Anyway, your decision. You will get PM soon abou it.

Just fyi, i had a similar story with wld427 once and guess what, we're friends now and do help each other.

Great work guys, just wish I had more time to help out unfortunately this is the busiest time of year for me at work, so I won't be around for amonth or so, hopefully some more time will open up later.

Keep it up!

Thanks Eble,

I was hoping you would approve.:)I was also hoping Ikar is happy with what we have done with his awesome addon.

And yeah m8, we could really do with ya help when ya get the time again m8.

Also, if ya can m8 make some room in ya pm box.I been tryin to send ya a preview of a couple of these addons m8.

Talk to ya soon.:)

Hey guys,

Beleive it or not its not easy to get ppl to spend their time and skills on something thts not theirs.

*scans through his many months of PMs ...... finds nothing*

Doesn't matter anyway, I do public help because it could help other. I don't do PM help.

As many people already know I like a lot of people here help when a problem is posted in the appropraite forum.

Ask about specific problem, and you will very likely get assistance from those exprienced here.

Gnat,

Reply recieved.

Your reasoning is good.

But if we know little about the model problem i would only get flak for not writing an informative post.

There was much more important things to do concerning the release.It is much more important to give ppl sumthn they didnt have rather than delay the release again to work on sumthn they already had.

Hey guys,

Myke,you wiped most of my work from the RKT_F16 and havnt credited me as part of the development of it cos you werent there to know how i contributed.Thats why i havnt asked you.

Beleive me when i say this has been an uphill battle and i reckon i have repeatedly annoyed some ppl trying to get this far.Thats without all the ppl i sent messages to, asking if they wanted to help with the Arma2 -Community Airforce.

WLD427,

Considering you too are usnig addons that i have contributed to the development of, I hoped we mighta got a more constructive response.Seeing as also i downloaded your mod just to make sure the racs version would sit nicely in with your work.

Well for one i have permissions for my f-16 from the start as in Arma1 directly from footmunch. dont drag dirty laundry here. He never mentioned you in anything anywhere. if you have issues take that up with him.

secondly....

I was trying to understand why you were still using an aircraft arming methd from OFP. I was trying to find out maybee you knew something i didnt. Obviosly not. I was willing to contribute and help you with the proxy handling system as i have alot of experince with it. its not very difficult to get working once you understand what to do. Judging by the issues konyo posted when i asked, it sounds like you are not using a default name for a proxy from arma2 or OA. Simply name all the proxies the sidewinder name and order them form 1 to whatever. Then simply add your magazines in order of the proxies. IE sidewidnerx2 and sparrowx4, and phoenix x4. They will be loaded in order of the magazines.

it really is that easy. will save you a bunch of headaches in reguards to the scripting and any multiplayer issues.

good luck

Edited by wld427
i type like a 3rd grader

Thanks for the assistance guys.

Much much appreciated it.

I will be sure the model/tex guys get this info.

Thanks.

Hey Steve,

Found that when I fired up the F14 mod it spat back an XEH error. So I ran CBA and it sorted that. I only say this as I noticed no mention of CBA.

Also when I fired up your daytime carrier land practise mission it gave me a downloadable content deleted.jdg_carrier error.

I'm assuming it isn't missing this? Or is it?

Cool, ya might want to let Foxhound know over at Armaholic as the required mods aren't listed. (edit) Or even first post here o_0. (For the missions anyway, suppose it's not really addon related)

Hope you boys can sort through it, you all do great work. :wine:

Edited by Grub

Cool, ya might want to let Foxhound know over at Armaholic as the required mods aren't listed. (edit) Or even first post here o_0. (For the missions anyway, suppose it's not really addon related)

Hope you boys can sort through it, you all do great work. :wine:

Already done and on our to do list, thanks. :)

hi,

beautifull Babe it is :). Is there a Way to fold the Wings at Carrier(Hangar) ?

Greetings

Thunder666,

Not atm m8.We will try and get that in for the next release.

Thanks.

:)

Hey Guys,

Does anyone of you know how to lower your tailhook?

And why can't I see a carrier in the SP Mission "Carrier Operations"?

In the "Carrier landing"- mission I see the USS Nimitz but I do not know how to land my TOMCAT on it beacuse I am not able to lower my tailhook.

I just ran a test. Atm it works only if you start on the Nimitz. Not if the mission starts on a landbase or flying.

So in this scenario you can't land properly until it's fixed.

Okay thank you. I just have downloaded the F 18 and I can lower my tailhook but I still cannot land on the carrier (NOT the LHD) because the tailhook does not hook in the arrestor cables. (Playing in Armory on the map: "Utes").

And does anyone know why I cannot see the carrier in the SP Mission "Carrier Operations"?

Hey Steve, if you can please include these simple things in the next update:

-Tailhook animation

-Memory point in the "seat" of the tailhook where the cable rests, named "tailhook"

-Memory point somewhere on the right side of the aircraft where the fuel hose connection should be made, named "pointFuel"

This way it will be a little more improved of an experience on the Nimitz, thanks

Jdog,

The aircraft needs some of those fixes in the model which i cant do.I dont have the times atm to find someone to help with them atm.

:)

Heya Guys, I am completely new here and love the F14 Tomcat and the USS Nimitz. Since I started playing around with the basics of editing and scripting, can you tell me how I can script animate the gear down at a certain waypoint/ trigger? I want to force-land an AI tomcat on the carrier. I get it down to a flightheigt of 18 and a slow speed, but i cant lower the gear (let alone the tailhook).

And YES, I've searched two full nights now, multiple keywords. But I can't find what I am looking for. I read Ikars F-14 uses the standard BIS landing gear. What is the animation for that. How can I find out how unit animations are set up?

@JDog - YOU THE MAN! I saw a youtube vid of your arrestor test. How did u script the ai plane to force-land on the carrier and quote: almost break its gear ????

Sincerely, Lucas

Years ago no more works on the Tomcat would be done, the Wings can't be animate manually, the Model have some work to do...

We are proud to announce, that a update is coming and also a port to ArmA 3 !!

We do some majorworks on the config/animation, so that the Tomcat now have the long awaited ability to adjust the Wings manually !!

1. the 14 spawns now with closed wings, no more open wings !

2. the f14 wings have now 3 modes

- Wings Out (open the wings, no vehiclespeed)

- Wings In (closed the wings, no vehiclespeed)

- Automatic (Controlled the Wings over Vehiclespeed)

Stay tuned, we have some "endwork" to do... if this done, we will release !!

cheers, flo & wes

combinedarms

That's wicked to hear :) Are you waiting for anything in specific for A3 before you port it there?

Stay tuned, we have some "endwork" to do... if this done, we will release !!

Good to hear, but do you have permissions?