Sign in to follow this  
humvee28

ArmA 2 : OA Beta Build 82128

New Beta Build up!

Grab as usual @ : http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

Changelog :

[82117] Optimized: Much faster visibility testing when many units are around, esp. when they are not moving a lot.

[81995] Fixed: AI planes were climing/diving wildly during formation flying.

[81956] Improved: AI takeoff improved, L-39 or Su-34 can now lift from all Chernarus airfields.

Greets

Edited by Dwarden

I have been waiting for a new BETA as the last one had issues installing if I am right?.

Any ways this looks great.

Sorry what does this mean exactly?.

Optimized: Much faster visibility testing when many units are around, esp. when they are not moving a lot.

This version does not yet seem to have the simulation completely "disconnected" from the renderer, which seems to be the plan if I read Suma's blog post correctly.

I still get only ~12ps in the "Benchmark 2" mission, which appears to be extremely limited by the simulation being coupled to the renderer. GPU usage is around 15% in that test. If everything goes to plan, I'd expect to see way higher framerates in that particular test. Maybe Suma can give us an overview which features are de-coupled from the renderer now and what to expect in the future. Last beta he mentioned that distant units were decoupled, I wonder how the status is in this version.

This new beta feels very smooth mostly, but e.g. in Feruz Abad I have much stuttering (when the nearby Anar is a lot smoother :S). It feels like the game draw too much objects around player (much more than before). I lowered view distance from 2100m to 1400m, but still heavy. It would be good if the amounth of objects would be connected to terrain or object detail setting. I have those at "normal", but still my HD6870 cant handle good big cities like the Feruz Abad.

Edited by SaOk

some crash cases might be fixed, but please keep reporting (same way as usual e.g. email or CIT) any crashes !

WTF

I am NOT running the latest BETA yet I am doing this with out it first to compare but I aint holding me breath with some kind of magical FPS increase tbh.

I have just run Benchmark 2 and I am getting 1fps all the way through its taking ages it really is a slide show.

I mean really this is on a Quad core.

Q6700 @ stock

ATI 4890 1gb @stock

4GB ram

etc etc

Not the best rig ever but better than 1 FPS here is me settings.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2enb9yc.jpg

In E8 benchmark I get about 41 FPS

I will get back on the diff with this BETA

Edited by stk2008

anyone else experiencing ^ above 1fps problem?

Please note this is not with latest BETA I am just trying it now.

I tested it with out the BETA to get a good comparisons be right back with BETA results.

Nope. Getting 55fps in benchmark 1 and 21fps in benchmark 2 (this is with beta 82128).

Holy shit 21fps in be2 I know that peeps say they get a little lower in be2 as its taxing but to get 21fps that's awesome.

Just looked at yo specs well that explains a lot :P

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

I have been a noob I had ACE running in the last test hence the 1fps real sorry.

I have now gone back to VANILLA ARMA2+OA (this is with PMC and BAF) NOT USING BETA STILL.

I now get

VANILLA

E8=39fps

BE2=12

OK with this BETA I GET

E8=37

BE2=11

Running sweet so far no major issues. I have bumped up my settings some and she is nice and smooth in singleplayer. I made a small test in the editor. Bluefor two squads and Opfor one squad. So there was over 20 AI for my CPU to work on. FPS was over 30 most of the time but it was all close quarters but still impressive and very playable. No stutters or the disconnected feel you can get when things are running too slow.

veryhigh.th.jpg

I'll run it again on the vanilla game to get a comparison.

PS this is in Chernogorsk and 30+ fps :)

------------------------------------------

After running the same thing on the vanilla game there is little difference in fps but the feel is better with the beta patch. sorry to be subjective but sometimes it is just feel, not just fps! The Beta "feels" smoother but no massive jump in fps, 4-5fps but nothing earth shattering.

editorghn.th.jpg

betaingame.th.jpg

Edited by PendragonUK

benchq.th.jpg

resolution 1680x1050

sys:

e8400 3GHz @3600

4GB Ram

Asus P5Q

4870 1G (driver 11.6)

run 2 quick benches E08 without mods(clean A2+OA)

vanilla => ~47fps

beta => ~ 46fps

less flickering textures i mean

all good atm

good job bo(ö)h(e)miGUYS :bounce3:

Ye, nice beta so far:

no leaks, no artifacts, birds and butterflies are flapping their wings again :D and the overall feeling is very smooth and direct.

Didn´t notice any performance decrease (I never use fraps, though :p).

All settings at Default

Using this beta:

Benchie1: 79fps

Benchie2: 24fps

BenchPress: 325lbs

:p

System:

i5-2500k at 4.4

2 460gtx

8 gig 1600 ddr3

Window 7

e08:

vanilla: 46

82128 beta: 48

bench2:

vanilla: 12

82128 beta: 14

All good here :D

specs:

gtx 460gtx OC

6gb ram

AMD Phenom II quad core @ 3.4 GHZ

Caviar black HDD

BIS fix a.i commands. When there is in dangermode, only the other ai can put in there otherwise "safe" or "aware", the player can not in any way. Another thing, ai break the command "hold fire"always.

fix this, please! because i can only play in single mode, my connection of 300kbps does not allow multiplayer.

I believe that other people like to play singleplay.

sorry my english ;P

Edited by inco9nito

NVIDIA 275.33 driver and these settings:

video resolution=1680x1050

visibility=3405m

texture detail=high

vid mem=default

AF=high

AA=low (atoc=0)

terrain detail=norm

object detail=high

shadows=high

HDR=norm

PP=low

vsync=on (+threaded optimization in nvidia CP)

As per BIS suggestion to improve bloom and other PP effects:

brightness=0.8

Gamma=1.1

1.59 vanilla:

bench 01: 40

bench 02: 17

bench e08: 49 (42 with default Very High general settings)

82128 beta:

bench 01: 39, 40

bench 02: 14, 14

bench e08: 49, 50

This patch feels great to me. More testing later. Played Hike In The Hills, all was A-OK! Keep up the good work, BIS!

Has the install tech been fixed so that the Uninstall Beta Patch shortcut works again? I haven't tried it yet.

Same thing for this Beta as the previous one...Getting Worse FPS, and noticing not much difference in "less stuttering" "smoother playing"...etc.

Vanilla 1.59:

(these are the benchmarks for the Arrowhead one E08)? or something like that:

Test 1: 44 FPS

Test 2: 42 FPS

Test 3: 44 FPS

Beta 82128:

Test 1: 37 FPS

Test 2: 35 FPS

Test 3: 34 FPS

I wish I could take a Video between Vanilla and this beta to see how the Smoothness, less stuttering weren't different at all...But there is nothing really to make it see how I see it...Since FRAPS usually lags my system a bit.

I have medium Settings, Medium Quality, AA and VSYNC and all that stuff Disabled...(Yeah, I don't have a god Computer) :P.

Short Specs:

Nvidia 9800 GT

AMD PHENOM 2.2GHZ Multi Core Processor. (is this my major bottleneck)?

6 GB RAM

I believe as what some has said previously, the draw distance for object is currently set to equal to the view distance, so to obtain back your lost fps, try to adjust your view distance.

I believe as what some has said previously, the draw distance for object is currently set to equal to the view distance

Not sure about lower view distances, but at 4k this is definitely not the case. I still see distant objects pop into view when zooming in.

Perhaps the object draw distance has been increased, but definitely not to 100% VD.

meaning BIS has changed the draw distance to beyond 3k ? interesting... I've not tested it as my comp couldnt handle that level of draw distance.

I believe as what some has said previously, the draw distance for object is currently set to equal to the view distance, so to obtain back your lost fps, try to adjust your view distance.

Yes and much of this FPS this! and FPS that! are somewhat pointless people!

If the VD draw was the same, you could claim otherwise.

I guess we need BIS to confirm/deny if this is the cause (or one of causes) for FPS drop

The object draw distance was not increased since the last non-beta patch (at least not intentionally).

To test the performance I made with each version "E08: Benchmark" 3 times in a row. I usually test this way the performance, because the benchmark doesn't run always the same.

Here are the results...

1.59: 57 - 54 - 50

Beta 82128: 59 - 59 - 57

I was wondering why the fps numbers from 1.59 without the beta patch were so bad, so I started it without beta and made the benchmark again...

1.59: 59 - 50 - 56

Well, I would say, the fps is more stable, but you can't really trust this benchmark. :D