Sign in to follow this  
*zeewolf*

Arma: Cold War Assault

Just bought it, I hope I can play it on my Laptop! And also I hope that old OFP Mods/addons like vehicles work with it?

;2000726']Just bought it' date=' I hope I can play it on my Laptop! And also I hope that old OFP Mods/addons like vehicles work with it?[/quote']

Laptops usually set compatible components, so that is 80% sure that you play. Pretty cool machine! But when people gather your PC might be problems with compatibility of components.

Version 1.99 Change Log

- Improved: Default gamma and brightness settings

- Fixed: Two cursors appeared in some configurations

- Fixed: Login hack prevention.

- Improved: cheat / spam protection.

- Changed: "missionName" function now returns user friendly name

- Fixed: Preprocessor bugs and crashes

- Changed: createMarker function now works only local

- Added: isServer function

- Fixed: missionStart function on dedicated server

- Added: disableAI option for disable automatic animation selection

- Added: User defined maps in missions

- Added: function: array find item

- Added: function getWorld

- Added: functions getPosASL, setPosASL

- Added: Event handler AnimChanged

- Added: function getMove

I have dedicated server but i can't use that function(missionStart)

It's not working

Maybe its windows 7 or its something else, does anyone know this?

Can you play OPF GOTY edition on a windows 7 ?

Yes, I have both a PC with Win 7 64 bit and a gaming laptop with Win 7 64 bit, and both work fine.

Does anyone have stuttering with maxed out settings?.

My computer meets the hardware requirements(I can ran Arma 2 without problems) but stuttering doesn't allow me to play it maxed out.

The game was designed for the hardware of 10 years ago, not today's hardware, so if your PC exceeds the recommended requirements 10 times it won't mean anything as the game won't use most of the resources available anyway since it was designed (many) years before the hardware was. Also no one to my knowledge has ever been able to play OFP with every setting maxed out at a reasonable framerate.

Well, I've noticed that CWA stutters disruptingly in a way that it's probably related to lod or model loading, and that stuttering is not present in OFP.

The game was designed for the hardware of 10 years ago, not today's hardware, so if your PC exceeds the recommended requirements 10 times it won't mean anything as the game won't use most of the resources available anyway since it was designed (many) years before the hardware was. Also no one to my knowledge has ever been able to play OFP with every setting maxed out at a reasonable framerate.

Try to set a virtual machine on it and run WinXP already on her game ...

I don't know much about the setup,but I assume it's to do with

the bug potential.

While it may have dealt with some issues,it seems to have introduced

some of it's own.

So if you're running a 1.96 server,and everybody's happy,then why risk

ruining it?If there was some new content,or "must have"(fully functioning)commands,

then it might be worth it.

1.99 fixes Vista and Windows7 double mouse cursor bug and gamma problems.

Nevertheless, BIS should encourage people to move on to 1.99 by adding some new content, commands and enhancements. It is in our common interest to keep community together.

Nevertheless, BIS should encourage people to move on to 1.99 by adding some new content, commands or enhancements. It is in our common interest to keep community together than moving apart.

I agree. There's absolutely no reason to stick to the older version(s). By doing so, people are scattering the little community we still have left.

Yes, the main problem is that finding OFP in store may not be that easy for a new player or for people that have broken their CD / have their CD unreadable as with the Codemasters/BIS conflicts i doubt they will ever reprint it in stores.

While finding CWA is actually easy (either buy "ArmA X" or if you have bought OFP in the past, just download CWA for free and install it with your OFP serial, or you can buy it through the steam thing).

Meaning that with some servers staying at 1.96, they may not see any new influx of players that may only be able to get their hands on CWA, not OFP.

But in the same time it is understandable, OFP 1.96 has less bugs than the current downloadable CWA (apparently there's a patch that should fix the remaining problems but it has not been released out of steam).

Hopefully once CWA will get patched to get rid of the newly introduced bugs, it will be more widely adopted online, especially if it is more compatible with modern computers.

Though in my opinion the best choice would have been to make 1.99 online compatible with 1.96.

I think that making 1.99 and 1.96 compatible might be difficult due to differencies in files.

The situation requires urgent actions from Bohemia because the current situation harms all and each of us, mainly new players who try to play this game online and can't find any populated servers.

If a CWA Linux server were to be released, I'd give it a go.

... ok, that'll explain it. Too bad as I love BIS attention to Linux, but nevertheless I am thankful for the 1.99 ! :):o

this is my fast attempt to temporary fill the gap for these who downloaded A:CWA from different sources than STEAM and Desura (these two have the latest up2date dataset)

download below

4MB, has the camel, the SP and MP missions and the minor data fixes

note: extract into A:CWA main directory ...

feel free to share feedback

Edited by Dwarden

Hi Dwarden,

Thanks for the update. One problem is the data folder seems to be empty :eek:

Hi Dwarden,

Thanks for the update. One problem is the data folder seems to be empty

Hello Dwarden,

just to signal the same problem. :)

Hmm I thought there indeed were some new MP and SP missions but they seem to be related to old Camel addon.

Also I hoped the reported problems with the campaign will be addressed as well.

Hi Dwarden,

Thanks for the update. One problem is the data folder seems to be empty :eek:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20838222/A-CWA_update.7z

CRC32: C60B8E33

MD5: 257231B26380C884411C78567B0771EE

SHA-1: 3B9E4A9F6100FF480D9A816F3528FBDFF76FE256

hopefully last hotfix, it wasn't abou \Dta\ but \Bin\ fixes !

hopefully last hotfix, it wasn't abou \Dta\ but \Bin\ fixes !

The archive is corrupted, the files wouldn't extract for me. And it seemed like there was no difference between the new config and resource files and the old ones from the hotfix 2.

The file seems ok for me, but like Relikki noted the config and resource bin's have the same time and date stamp as hotfix2.

The file seems ok for me, but like Relikki noted the config and resource bin's have the same time and date stamp as hotfix2.

because they were hotfixed by hotfix 3 (afaik that was last one)... also the date doesn't matter ... content does :)

if you patch it then all should be on same data now like STEAM and Desura release

---------- Post added at 04:33 ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 ----------

The archive is corrupted, the files wouldn't extract for me. And it seemed like there was no difference between the new config and resource files and the old ones from the hotfix 2.

what version of 7-zip You used to extract, i hope 9.2x

Edited by Dwarden