Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Compatibility with the Arrowhead terrains

I wonder what the difference is between the two terrains. I had simply assumed that both maps would be same in all but layout & content.

How does this relate to this topic DMarkwick - sorry I am unable to follow you :(

I think that DMarkwick mean, that Chernarus should work in beta, he doesn't see reason why not. Perhaps beta is compiled only for Arrowhead, that's my hope, I like Chernarus :).

The requirement of the beta is ownership of OA, so perhaps they share the same files for the terrain?

I thing it has something to do with objects per map . Takistan has less then Chernarus , thus more FPS for Takistan .

I literally just flew over Chernarus in the Community Preview due tomorrow, so it should work for you as well :)

Perhaps it was beause it was CDF controlled airspace? :p

They didn't take any shots at you did they DnA?

I literally just flew over Chernarus in the Community Preview due tomorrow, so it should work for you as well :)

Fantastic, tomorrow can't come soon enough. :bounce3:

Perhaps it was beause it was CDF controlled airspace? :p

They didn't take any shots at you did they DnA?

Shilkas are damn nasty :cool:

Time to blow the dust off my old Thrustmaster Cougar and get it set up then :)

Looking forward to it. I mean, really really looking forward to it :)

Yet half an hour on work, after that heading home quickly and get the preview...can´t wait for it. :yay::yay::D

already made it crash, I feel dirty and proud at the same time :D

Flying has never been so hard in ArmA! xD

I like the flight dynamics. I would like to see it in A3! :D

Adds more challenge and a learning curve to flight :)

Still gotta learn how to fly without crashing xD

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 AM ----------

BTW, this is a good gift to all of your fans who support you! I will be getting ToH after seeing this :3

It's actually not that hard once you figure it out. Handles a bit differently, but all in all it's like going from ArmA1 to ArmA2 flying.

Edit: Though yeah the throttle could use some adjusting.

any user made maps work with TKOH preview? I have tried a few (isla du ala, capria, nicosia) but they wont load.

any user made maps work with TKOH preview? I have tried a few (isla du ala, capria, nicosia) but they wont load.

It is all about the load order. ;)

The only two I have had problems with so far are Fallujah and Sahrani, which I think is one of the CAA1 scripts causing a conflict.

Capraia looks fricken amazing BTW, gives you a good idea of how A3 will look.

1XwWv6z5KyQ

Edited by Liquidpinky

It is all about the load order. ;)

interesting - though i was only trying to load one map at a time. no need to be enigmatic. share the secret of the mystic load order please. would dig to try a few other maps.

interesting - though i was only trying to load one map at a time. no need to be enigmatic. share the secret of the mystic load order please. would dig to try a few other maps.

Okay, put the maps before the Take On mod in the shortcut so that Take On loads last. ;)

Like I mentioned, the only maps I have had problems with so far are Fallujah and Sahrani. Fallujah just won't load at all in the editor and Sahrani or any of the CAA1 maps will run for a few seconds before freezing, when a script or something similar kicks in that must conflict with Take On.

thanks for sharing, liquidpinky. I intend on seeing for myself what some of the islands look like with the new viewdistance enabled.

your Kung-Fu is strong! :w:

-Ziggy-;1967502']thanks for sharing' date=' liquidpinky. I intend on seeing for myself what some of the islands look like with the new viewdistance enabled.

your Kung-Fu is strong! :w:[/quote']

I am running still at around 5k view distance, but the extra distance on objects make the fogging look more authentic as they fade into the fog now also.

I have ran all the maps with everything maxxed out but I got tired of the slideshow. Plus I don't really like how the fog appears with larger draw distances on island maps.

Try the new fog'ish commands, or maybe it's haze. I.e. in a trigger, one of:

0 setFog 0.5; setHazeDistCoef .5; setHazeFogCoef .5;

0 setFog 0.5; setHazeDistCoef -1; setHazeFogCoef -1

The -1 gives the old curves if I read the description correctly. Values above 1 tend to give unexpected results.