Sign in to follow this  
5LEvEN

Statistic tracking for arma 3

Do you want statistics tracking in arma 3  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want statistics tracking in arma 3

• No, I do not want statistics tracking in arma 3.
    • Yes, I do want statistics tracking in arma 3.

Just as the title says statistic tracking for arma 3.

Could potentially include the following:

Distance traveled by foot or by a certain vehicle

Time spent playing

Most used weapon

Most played game mode

Kills by weapon and vehicle

Deaths

Time spent in a certain vehicle

Accuracy

Times healed someone or your self

Most played on server

Hit percentages for certain body parts or vehicle areas (similar to AA3)

Smoke, frag, ect, grenades thrown

And so on....

Edited by 5LEvEN

Depends, if stat tracking includes hours played then maybe, I want to see how many days I have spent armaing

Could also include things like shot accuracy and the whole bunch.

I think some things could be cool to track - rounds fired, average distance of (hit) shot, distance traveled, rounds that have landed near you, ectect. For both mission & grand total.

Hmm...not interested. Reminds me too much of a few other games, whose philosophy I'd really like Arma to steer clear of.

Arma is not about your kill to death ratio. It's about teamwork. It's about time kids learnt to play together as a team instead of for themself.

Arma is not about your kill to death ratio. It's about teamwork. It's about time kids learnt to play together as a team instead of for themself.

Statistics don't have to include K/D.... I for one am curious about how long I have spent on arma, or how far I have traveled by vehicle or foot, and so on... I don't care about K/D because it does not apply to arma... Maybe somehow I avoid the servers that just have lonewolf players, but I only see team based games.... So I think the kids on arma already do play as a team, or they are just non-existent.

Some flight sims have a pilot profile with your landings, carrier landings, AG and AA kills, ejects and deaths...It will also show a picture of you, your current rank insignia and meldals and it can be made that way that dead pilots can't be used in missions anymore.

Statistics don't have to include K/D.... I for one am curious about how long I have spent on arma, or how far I have traveled by vehicle or foot, and so on... I don't care about K/D because it does not apply to arma... Maybe somehow I avoid the servers that just have lonewolf players, but I only see team based games.... So I think the kids on arma already do play as a team, or they are just non-existent.

Well then update your first post; people think of statistics as in K/D ratio - other things like that. Almost every military or fps game that has statistics has K/D ratio - from AA3, MOH to COD.

Just because we have a number on a server doesn't mean they play as a team. The amount of pubbers that just wander past you when you're down or don't bother. And I personally don't care how much I have travelled, etc.

The only things that I can see not bad with this idea is bringing new people to the game. They'd be drawn in a little easier knowing the games they play have some similarities. And if they knew they were doing bad in one style of playing and the statistics wern't adding up then maybe they'd change that to be more team friendly or Arma friendly. :p

But seriously it will probably lead to an acheivement system which would make me want to break it.

Well then update your first post; people think of statistics as in K/D ratio - other things like that. Almost every military or fps game that has statistics has K/D ratio - from AA3, MOH to COD.

Just because we have a number on a server doesn't mean they play as a team. The amount of pubbers that just wander past you when you're down or don't bother. And I personally don't care how much I have travelled, etc.

The only things that I can see not bad with this idea is bringing new people to the game. They'd be drawn in a little easier knowing the games they play have some similarities. And if they knew they were doing bad in one style of playing and the statistics wern't adding up then maybe they'd change that to be more team friendly or Arma friendly. :p

But seriously it will probably lead to an acheivement system which would make me want to break it.

TBH I don't see how something as simple as statistic tracking would attract new players... I really don't see any cons for this IMO, but I am not discouraged by statistics for a game either... I see only one pro, the fact I can see what I have done...

Accuracy, rounds fired, hits, time played and k/d ratio (Just because CoD does it, doesn't make it evil.) are really the only stats that could be tracked and have some relevance. It could be a potentially good thing because it makes people not want to act like idiots by guilting them into shaping up.

Accuracy, rounds fired, hits, time played and k/d ratio (Just because CoD does it, doesn't make it evil.) are really the only stats that could be tracked and have some relevance. It could be a potentially good thing because it makes people not want to act like idiots by guilting them into shaping up.

We already have a leadership board in game and that incites people to get as many kills as possible. I hate playing with people like that - I can play a few hours without even firing a shot. I'd just hate to see it turns towards the COD crowd or type of gameplay with no sense of teamwork. You see how those games are, there is no guilt. But maybe shoving them in a huge map where the enemy isn't at 20m every game may shape them up to begin with.

Don't get me wrong, I spend long hours flying around aimlessly in the editor, and flying transport during missions. However, the people who are focused on getting kills are very subconscious of deaths. That will definitely make them more cautious. Furthermore, getting lots of kills does not necessarily mean they're a bad team player. I know when I'm boots on ground my kill count soars, even though I'm staying with the pack, watching my sectors and covering friendlies.

I think that the only time the kill chart should come up is in death and the end of the mission. That way players aren't focusing on k/d and on the task at hand. Not to mention, there is an exploit where you can see if you killed a target by bringing up the menu and watching the count rise.

I am opposed to kill/death tracking because it will encourage people even more to play for kills instead of objective, a fact that makes a lot of other games with similar scoreboards suffer from it.

You should have added a third option to this poll, something like

Yes, but only pure statistical values like "Time spent as driver", "time spent as pilot", and "Kilometers walked"

Rewarding kills over mission/game mode objectives will distract a lot of people from the objective.

I am opposed to kill/death tracking because it will encourage people even more to play for kills instead of objective, a fact that makes a lot of other games with similar scoreboards suffer from it.

You should have added a third option to this poll, something like

Yes, but only pure statistical values like "Time spent as driver", "time spent as pilot", and "Kilometers walked"

Rewarding kills over mission/game mode objectives will distract a lot of people from the objective.

I originally did not mention what could be included in the statistics, but as someone pointed out people usually just think about kills and deaths and not the other stuff I had in mind (which is what you are mentioning) I mentioned everything I could think of including stuff I do not care about....

You can already generate stats like, total inf killed. soft killed, heavy killed, air killed etc etc with the current log files from arma2. i guess they will not change that in ama3. in that case you can make your own stats.

i dont want the bis devs spending to much time makeing stats for this game.

i have made a stats app for arma2 "A2sg" which is soon to be released.

example of servers logging and generating stats.

http://www.jointheriot.org/viewpage.php?page_id=17

http://www.jointheriot.org/arma2stats/server1/missionhistory.php?A2Year=2011&A2Month=06&A2Day=04

http://dao.nu/content.php?25-stats

im sure there are others.

btw. i pressed wrong. i voted yes when i meant no. since this can be done by us.

No statistics.

Statistics will always force people to be more l33t and grind stats. ArmA is great because it has none of that. Fact.

How about some real after action reports / debriefing screen?

Not sure how or if it's possible to make a intellectual system that actually gives a appropriate debriefing.

I'd be happy just to have the old notepad back. More statistic tracking just sounds like you're trying to suck the life out of one of the few games capable of going beyond kill:death ratios...

No I don't want any Statitics. Because in Battlefield and CoD they are using Scoreboard, and because of that it isn' t so much Teamwork in them. Because you want to get kills, kills and even more kills. And I don't have Arma 2 (yet) but I will get it, and so far i've seen of it, it is great Teamwork in it. Because then you can tactically move in a group without having the K/D in your head that makes you playing to get all the kills, you don't give a sh*t about your Team. I mean because when I play BFBC2 everybody aim's at the same place where there are most enemys. What i've seen of Arma 2 they stands in a group and watch different directions, and that I think is awesome!

So, no Scoreboard/Statistics... :D

Stat tracking will have no meaning whatsoever because there are so many different kinds of missions. In one mission you will be killing hundreds of unarmed dummies, in another you get your ass spawnræped by a seasoned player who dodges your every shot. So now that you've played those two very different missions, what exactly does a total statistic of 200 kills, 30 deaths, 10% accuracy, 90% headshots and 1 medical assist mean?

No I don't want any Statitics. Because in Battlefield and CoD they are using Scoreboard, and because of that it isn' t so much Teamwork in them.

What do you have to say about the fact that Arma 2 does indeed have a scoreboard? As we all know, it turns all our Arma 2 players into drooling idiots.

Yes, but preferably not accessible during missions, also, no XP or other retarded stuff.

Statistics don't have to include K/D.... I for one am curious about how long I have spent on arma, or how far I have traveled by vehicle or foot, and so on...

I agree, and I would LOVE to know things like how many rounds I put downrange, my farthest kill with a sniper rifle, distance traveled...stuff like that.

I just love how the fanbois don't want ANYTHING that maybe CoD/BF type games get right lol

Besides, in Arma, KDR doesn't even matter since there's no respawns when you play it right.

Edited by No Use For A Name