Sign in to follow this  
5LEvEN

Player Leveling

;1947116']Ok lets debate this' date=' where exactly did you get the idea for a player ranking system?

Just to let you know I read the OP and all replies to it, up until my own post :cool:[/quote']

There is nothing to debate... So you did read that "this system would resemble something like rainbow six's"? Really? Just to be clear though, I don't know what game I originally played that had a ranking system (it has been a long time), but it is more or less what influenced me not what gave me the idea. The games that influenced me to this idea are the following: Rainbow six vegas 1&2, Oblivion, Fallout 3, CoH, Mass effect, CS, and finally yes the BF series. It is among other titles that influenced me, but NONE of them have a good system for arma. BF is NOT what gave me the idea, but it did influence a SMALL amount. Am I being clear?

Edited by 5LEvEN
R6 vegas...

Just one thing:

The games that influenced me to this idea are the following: Rainbow six 1&2

Are you talking about the original and the "Rogue Spear"? If not, burn in hell! :936: :pet13:

Those that you mentioned are not Rainbow Six games....

@topic: Level? Ranks? Unlocks? No, thanks.

ARMA has too many unofficial gamemodes, mods, maps etc.

I knew you would bring up the rainbow six part, but to be clear you said it would resemble something like rainbow six's ranking that doesn't state the idea came from it ;)

On a whole I dont think it should be implemented, as it gives an advantage to anyone who has been playing the game for a while compared to someone who has just started say a year after release.... if ArmA 3 was a rpg and only single player then yes its a good idea, add it to mp and it will turn into the CoD/BF franchise faster then you can say "nooooooooooo".

Just one thing:

Are you talking about the original and the "Rogue Spear"? If not, burn in hell! :936: :pet13:

Those that you mentioned are not Rainbow Six games....

@topic: Level? Ranks? Unlocks? No, thanks.

ARMA has too many unofficial gamemodes, mods, maps etc.

Sorry I meant Rainbow six vegas... I don't recall the first two rainbow games having any ranking system anyways...:(

The games that influenced me to this idea are the following: Rainbow six 1&2, Oblivion, Fallout 3, CoH, Mass effect, CS, and finally yes the BF series. It is among other titles that influenced me, but NONE of them have a good system for arma. BF is NOT what gave me the idea, but it did influence a SMALL amount.

rainbow six? really? i haven't seen level ups in Red Storm's ones..The other ones are as real to the R6 name as are the DR and RR to OFP...

CS? Level ups?

Am I being clear?

About being hard headed...yes

Let this thread die

Edited by PuFu

rainbow six? really? i haven't seen level ups in Red Storm's ones..The other ones are as real to the R6 name as are the DR and RR to OFP...

CS? Level ups?

About being hard headed...yes

CS had in game leveling for certain game modes. I don't recall the name, but it was there... Despite Rainbow six moving off course and getting some what worse, I still enjoyed the other games... BTW I made a correction in a post after that, I meant R6 Vegas... How in the world am I being hard headed???

Let this thread die, along with the OP please.

Another thing i bet is this idea would kill team work since every one will be out to get the most kills and the fact that say "level 1" players will be running around with SKS's and say "level 70" players will be running around with Tanks and Jets

For the suggestion of this thread to work properly, it would either have to be PvP only, or have separate stats against AI/Coop.

Even then, I'm sure it would be manipulated any how.

I vote leave it as it is. Mission stats only.

Lol I can see that 5leven is a new guy, so maybe his very confused about the type of game ArmA is.

5leven, ArmA is not about kill streaks and getting prestige, This is a Simulator so stop trying to turn it into a COD clone, the only thing you're ideas are good for is inviting stat padders to this game.

Operative;1949419']Man' date=' please read the thread before posting.[/quote']

Oh come now, you actually expect people to read threads before posting in them? Such a pain... :rolleyes:

:(

Hi all

When are people going to stop confusing things that can be put in a mission already with how the game works?

Whoosh straight over their heads.

To the OP if you want it make a mission with it in. Or get a mission maker who is into PvP game forms to make it for you.

To a large extent Valhalla already does most of what you want at a per mission level using money as the points reward system and has facility to carry over from mission to mission. It is used to give server donaters a cash bonus in game.

ArmA is a sandbox!

The ArmA mission editor is really easy to use and the rest is just simple scripting.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

When are people going to stop confusing things that can be put in a mission already with how the game works?

Persisting things throughout different missions can be difficult though, and we still can't change things like character physique/fitness and weapon proficiency. Not easily at least. I'd still support BIS adding some RPG-like leveling elements, as long as it were appropriately limited by mission design.

Going out on a limb here.

I have read the title of this thread and I have not read any of the posts in it. But I can hazard a guess that this is all about levelling up aka COD / BF2.

No is the answer, ever. We have / had Evolution for this but nothing persistent and I do not want it.

Ugh, Why can't you people read at least the OP... I did NOT get this idea from CoD or BF. I really should count how many times I have posted this statement over and over.... What makes it worse is it on the OP... Just says you guys aren't even reading the forum, just the title...

Fyi.

I have just read your edited first post and for that I congratulate you on having the balls to say you were wrong, not many people can do it.

I also said I only read the title of this thread so please take more time in reading my posts in the future...

And, I also apologise if you thought I was insulting you, never an intention of mine to insult you or anyone else within this community.

Fyi.

I have just read your edited first post and for that I congratulate you on having the balls to say you were wrong, not many people can do it.

I also said I only read the title of this thread so please take more time in reading my posts in the future...

And, I also apologise if you thought I was insulting you, never an intention of mine to insult you or anyone else within this community.

I would send this as a PM so this thread can die, but as I am apologizing for something, it should be public...

I am sorry for what I said in my post. I was taking out hate on you, since you obviously didn't read it (yes, I saw you posted that you did not read it, which is why I say obviously)...

People were posting similar things, and I just figured I would mention it in my post to you, as a hint for everyone to read the OP...

Why is everyone responding with the "omg thats so so cod right there!" is just his opinion and is not like the creators are going to listen to him.You guys are making yourselves sound like if this game is the "big" deal and because we play this we are "mature" adults and leave bf and cod for kids. Arma 3 is just a game. You cant even call it a "simulator" because it really aint 100% accurate like in real life.

Why is everyone responding with the "omg thats so so cod right there!" is just his opinion and is not like the creators are going to listen to him.You guys are making yourselves sound like if this game is the "big" deal and because we play this we are "mature" adults and leave bf and cod for kids. Arma 3 is just a game. You cant even call it a "simulator" because it really aint 100% accurate like in real life.

Name something in COD or BF that you would like to see in A3. :yay:

Name something in COD or BF that you would like to see in A3. :yay:

Pick me pick me! The [relatively] authentic forces and weapons from BF2 :)

i HATE unlock mod in games, is not good, but i feel more more more good that:

---------------

IMPLEMENTATION OF A SYSTEM SKILL

Implementation of a system of skill, more shots are fired, the distance and how many and where they are going to sign, depending on where you hit, thesystem gives you more skill points, you have more skill than when he shoots you good, AS IN REALITY!

i HATE unlock mod in games, is not good, but i feel more more more good that:

---------------

IMPLEMENTATION OF A SYSTEM SKILL

Implementation of a system of skill, more shots are fired, the distance and how many and where they are going to sign, depending on where you hit, thesystem gives you more skill points, you have more skill than when he shoots you good, AS IN REALITY!

What?... In "reality" you shoot and what happens? You either hit your target or miss it. You don't get a big text in the center of your vision that says "+10 XP!"

Only thing I can think of that I would like to be able to level, although not as such, is my characters fitness level in game.

I tend to tab everywhere or us a cycle if I can get one in the mission so if they introduce something similar to ACE's fatigue I can then have a soldier who deosn't pass out every god damned 2 seconds like an 80 year chain smoker giving a 25st bear a kiddie back ride.

And all those fat shits who sit around in Humvees and tanks all day can barely lift a pistol. :P

Maybe level up their morale or bravery too, so I don't shake like a Yorkshire Terrier every time I get shot at. I can't imagine a professional soldier doing such a thing anyway and only some badly trained/inexperienced soldier would act such a way.

What?... In "reality" you shoot and what happens? You either hit your target or miss it. You don't get a big text in the center of your vision that says "+10 XP!"

i mean when you start shooting you don't have experience!<

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:11 PM ----------

Only thing I can think of that I would like to be able to level, although not as such, is my characters fitness level in game.

I tend to tab everywhere or us a cycle if I can get one in the mission so if they introduce something similar to ACE's fatigue I can then have a soldier who deosn't pass out every god damned 2 seconds like an 80 year chain smoker giving a 25st bear a kiddie back ride.

And all those fat shits who sit around in Humvees and tanks all day can barely lift a pistol. :P

Maybe level up their morale or bravery too, so I don't shake like a Yorkshire Terrier every time I get shot at. I can't imagine a professional soldier doing such a thing anyway and only some badly trained/inexperienced soldier would act such a way.

ok but for real game you must do the training, for a good shots, the same of real soldiers.

close OT

i move that in the wishlist and ideas for Arma3

see yaa

So how long does it take before you can do a spec op mission then? First you have to learn to shoot, then you have to get better fatique. when you are on the level of physical fitness and weapon skills you can finally play that mission you been longing for?? Hope you dont do a reinstall so you have to do all that one more time...

No, no good ideas at all imo. Maybe suitable for a mission, but not for the default game...