Sign in to follow this  
ScratcH1

China used prisoners for WoW gold farming

Poor bastard locked up for trying to fight corruption in his own town. Says a lot for China.

There's a horrible irony in a prison guard being jailed for years for speaking out against an unfair system, only to be beaten by prison guards using him to make them money. The fact that WoW was involved just rubs salt in the wound.

Edited by Daniel

I can't find the chapter "Reeducation by gaming" in Mao's little red book :lookaround:

No wonder they were never in a mood for a chat. ;)

Yeah or else they would have been locked away forever :D

Am I the only one who thinks that this is really sick?

Am I the only one who thinks that this is really sick?

Trust me, we all do, but what can you do about it? Shock therapy of that most unfortunate (edited in) nation via bomb raids? Not really feasible, they have ICBMs. One could play Russia against China, that could work. Probably. Refer to WW II.

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Not in lenin's plan book!

Now that's a rare sight for the future being presented on a plate shoved right in your face!!

As for the man, I doubt he'll report any chink in the cable labeled "operating system" ever again. That is, if he can locate it at all, whilst slowly losing proper eyesight over the years to come..

Edited by Thani '82
few errors here and there..

Beats the shit out of having to smash rocks all day.

Beats the shit out of having to smash rocks all day.

Yeah, but they had to smash rocks during the day, then do this all night :butbut:

Gnat;1939438']...... what a screwed up country they live in !

Fixed. Doesn't really apply outside of China here...

Then again, every nation's got its own bit of backassery.

Edited by Big Dawg KS

Yeah, but they had to smash rocks during the day, then do this all night :butbut:

Still beats having to smash rocks all day, then smash rocks all night as well. :p

also I just want to point out that currently America's prison system is close to institutionalised slavery, neither country is particularly progressive in regard to their prison systems :P

also I just want to point out that currently America's prison system is close to institutionalised slavery

one of the dumbest things I have ever read here, prisoners in America have it so much easier, and many more rights, than most other countries

neither country is particularly progressive in regard to their prison systems :P
as is the case for most countries... well thought out, good one :rolleyes:

I'm certainly not defending our prison system, it is messed up in many ways and does need changes.

I really just wanted to point out how stupid your statement was.

And I did read the linked story and thought it was sad. I hate to see someone punished for doing (what most would consider) the right thing.

one of the dumbest things I have ever read here, prisoners in America have it so much easier, and many more rights, than most other countries

as is the case for most countries... well thought out, good one :rolleyes:

I'm certainly not defending our prison system, it is messed up in many ways and does need changes.

I really just wanted to point out how stupid your statement was.

And I did read the linked story and thought it was sad. I hate to see someone punished for doing (what most would consider) the right thing.

Hyperbole's the name of the game dude :p

I was hardly saying it was the worst system in the world, but when you consider that this is the "leader of the free world" with by far the largest gdp and yet has such a huge problem with incarceration/reoffense rates there is definitely something wrong. Scandinavian nations such as Norway or Sweden have an incredibly low rate of crime and reoffence.

But anyway yes the US system is now close to institutionalised slavery, with the privatisation of the jail system there is now a profit motive to get as much money as possible out of these inmates, as well as to get as many people sent to jail as possible, they then do work without being paid minimum wage.

Just because it's not the worst in the world doesn't mean that there aren't massive problems with the system as it is, but oh yeah, as long as it isn't the absolute worst then it's fine! :dance1:

Edited by chris64

But anyway yes the US system is now close to institutionalised slavery, with the privatisation of the jail system there is now a profit motive to get as much money as possible out of these inmates, as well as to get as many people sent to jail as possible, they then do work without being paid minimum wage.

i think making prisoners work is a brilliant plan. if every prison became a factory we would solve our trade deficiet with china since we would now have the worlds cheapest work force. why should they be payed anyway? they are getting room and board and heathcare. i think i'll write my congressmen about this little idea.

Low crime, low problems. Money matters, but it can't buy a life.

I think the quote you're referring to is in regard to general use of prisoners not their conditions.

Watch this clip in its entirety, or at least from 2:20 on:

8E7wgFcCefE

next time you play WOW be more respectful with the other players, there could be a tragedy behind an avatar.