Sign in to follow this  
Millenium7

mission makers, please, for the love of god!

If you don't play Evo or domina there is...

Warfare

Zargabad/Chernarus Life <<-- What's i'm always on, EPIC!!!!

Insurgency

Valhalla

Some other PVP's

Other small missions

All that will change with PR as it will make everything all better online

Back on topic, there will be an editor in arma 3 so learn to script and make what ever you like, maybe it will turn out to replace domina

Edited by ArmAriffic
Typo

Multi-session Operations ;)

As to mission repositories, i'm hosting the 1500+ missions pack by 76 on the Six Updater Network, pick 'n play :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=116263

Speaking of that, i had some problems (mainly long loading times and hang ups) running a dedicated server on my gaming machine, when i had many missions in my MPMissions folder. Is the pure size of the folder or single faulty missions responsible for that?

Mate get a clan and play MSO :)

Public is shit and will be until PR comes out. COOP games are played on squad nights and are better than public coops in ofp.

Milenium try to find yourself a clan or a squad . Evolution or domination usually run when the server is public . Real COOP missions are played on clan nights .

This man speaks the truth.

Only with some semi-serious COOP clan the true COOP experience of ArmA shows itself.

Milenium try to find yourself a clan or a squad . Evolution or domination usually run when the server is public . Real COOP missions are played on clan nights .

This man speaks the truth.

Only with some semi-serious COOP clan the true COOP experience of ArmA shows itself.

+1!

Because of people like Millenium7 xeno has left the building and will not continue evolving domination eny more.

I play coop missions (not evo and domi) with my clan after 9pm but domination, evo, warfare or valhalla (before berzerk) on public servers before that time. It's soo f** simple I dont understand whole this crying and whining crap.

Edited by mant3z

You can public-play A&S ProMode on our server 24/7.

It is a PvP game mode that mixes A&D and AAS.

The mission cycle runs with the AI support mode active

by default to fill up the server till more players join.

Given that mission makers have to devote their own scarce free time to create scenario's it is entirely up to them what they decide to do in that time. They can create whatever they enjoy to make and presumably play as well. The BIS games offer plenty of opportunity for creation of a diverse range of different missions. There is plenty of material on offer to cater for people's varying taste of game play. Those that are not satisfied with any of the missions already available can fire up the editor and start creating scenario's to their hearts' content. Effort put into whining is a waste since it will definitely not produce results, so one can better put some effort into mission editing because that eventually will.

Regards,

Sander

There isnt actually any dedicated small co-op servers for arma 2.

yes there are clans, but i dont want to join one,

I want it to be like OFP where theres always a small co-op (like desert ambush) being hosted that you can play.

I know its up to people hosting servers and what not, but i so miss the dedicated small co-op servers (like the armaholic one for arma1 and there was another one i used to play but cant remember)

there are loads of good coops, sanders mission pack for example.

I do like warfare and domination but they get boring after a bit. and everyone always 'lone-wolfs' - especially since there the only thing that ever played.

no-respawn small co-ops is the way to go.

Domination, Evolution, etc, those are game modes for pubs. custom coop missions are mostly for private session of every clan/community

I played Evo most of the time in ArmA1 era, and a few random coop missions with random players. Now, sometimes I join some Dom servers, they are fun to play IMO, but private coops missions with 30+ people, is the best!

the reason for my rant and putting this in the arma3 section is

Arma1 introduced the evolution/domination concept, up until that point multiplayer was good as new coop missions were popping up quite regularly. The law of the land states that most will be crap but so what, the gems do appear. There was a good community to go along with it, continual support, feedback, and maps seem to float around varying servers. Hell i've even made a few maps and if I filtered the server results i'd see a few servers running some of them

Now once evolution/domination came out things changed, if you make a mission it became almost impossible to get it played because almost every server is running evo/dom. There's no longer much variety, the community dies because nobody is playing anything else anyway. Saying "don't like it do/make something else" is ridiculous because all the servers are FLOODED with evo/dom, I really don't have much of a choice other than single player

Arma2 followed this exact same path, however evo/dom was brought out much quicker. The end result is if you go digging there are absolutely bugger all missions available in comparison to OFP. The map making community dies out and relies entirely on forum posts to get anything played at all, or a small private session

Mods become redundant because evo/dom doesn't utilise them. 90% of the market is gone! except for total conversions

if evo/dom gets ported to arma3 then exactly the same thing will happen, there'll be a nice little growing community to start off with, then evo/dom comes around and it dies and everyone starts playing that rubbish again. There's not much variety

Mate get a clan and play MSO :)

Public is shit and will be until PR comes out. COOP games are played on squad nights and are better than public coops in ofp.

Err, what does 'PR' mean?

Err, what does 'PR' mean?

Project Reality . Tisk tisk tisk , Dale .

Project Reality . Tisk tisk tisk , Dale .

Hey!!

Its late, I have been / am drinking brandy and my mind isn't working as it should.

OK? :o :D

Public is shit and will be until PR comes out.

What makes you say that? So far everything I've gathered about PR is they're doing some British units and chopper lifting stuff and the rest of the game looks completely vanilla.

Hey!!

Its late, I have been / am drinking brandy and my mind isn't working as it should.

OK? :o :D

M'kay :cool: .

Milenium you should post here and try your luck . Maybe you will find a semi- realistic clan/squad to play with or a clan/squad that plays COOP missions on public nights .

Good luck !

M'kay :cool: .

Milenium you should post here and try your luck . Maybe you will find a semi- realistic clan/squad to play with or a clan/squad that plays COOP missions on public nights .

Good luck !

Actually Milenium you need to post here to be more specific.

Tsk, Tsk Maio!

no more bloody evolution! it is ri-god-damn-diculous how many servers run 'evolution' on them, literally 90-95% of the servers are running it and i'm gobsmacked as to why?

evolution:

- makes mods/addons almost redundant unless playing singleplayer

- creates a tiny mission maker community since nobody plays anything else, the amount and quality of missions available for ArmA2 is a joke compared to OFP

- stops me playing multiplayer, there is no feeling of immersion or accomplishment like doing a 'proper' mission from start to end. Boring!

Bring back proper coop scenarios to multiplayer!

Anyone feel the same?

I think this time BIS will make great maps, it owes it to the community so dont worry, you wont need third party.

Oh boy .. this thread rly has it all :j:

Just a few words more from another silly man won´t hurt.

Speaking of that, i had some problems (mainly long loading times and hang ups) running a dedicated server on my gaming machine, when i had many missions in my MPMissions folder. Is the pure size of the folder or single faulty missions responsible for that?

It´s the way OFP/ArmA server handles it. After each #missions the whole mpmissions folder (and all the .sqm files!) contents get looked at by the server again - whole lotta missions in your server is a nogo.

I´d applaud BI if we finally got a way to divide \mpmisisons\ up into more folders, like \mpmisisons\coop, \mpmisisons\pvp .. you get the idea, with a corresponding "ingame folder thingie". That way, even if the damn server still rereads all of the content, it´d reduce the strain & waiting time alot.

Actually mission makers could do better too, 2 out of every 3 small scale co-op missions I've ever tried are bugged, typically with non-functioning mission ends.

Has been seconded before, but your statement actually needs to be trillionized.

Even more so, players need to get some sense for quality!

Nowadays there´s far too many people praising stuff that either doesn´t work at all, produces huge rpt´s, or is simply rubbish.

What message does this kind of consumer mentality send out, "yay, gimme more of that crap"!?

And then theres the things that BI could do to easen the burden of any greenhorn and pro mission makers alltogether, the suggestions section in A2 had some pretty good ideas floating around for the editor part - hopefully BI read it..

Edited by Mr Burns

AFAIK the author of EVO-DOMI-whatever got frustrated because of threads like this and stopped working on it. So fortunately we won't see evo-domi plague in A3.

So fortunately we won't see evo-domi plague in A3.

Even though I'm not working on Domina anymore I'll release an A3 version of the latest A2 Dom shortly after A3 release.

Xeno

Even though I'm not working on Domina anymore...

I really need more coffee... misread that as "not working as a Domina anymore". :D

I bet (and hope) eggbeast won't hesitate to port this Evo versions to ArmA3 when it's out.

@MadDogX: wishful thinking i guess :D