Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

I`d Like knife on Arma3!! *-*, and stealth Kill

I believe this belongs in the wish list or one of the threads pertaining to this specific issue.

could you define what a stealth kill is for you, please?

Probably something like this

hXbTKNv3yf8

It would be quite interesting to see.

its the M95

It may also be this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrett_XM500

http://ariefindra.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/xm500.jpg

mainly because this is a weapon in development NOW, so by the time of the setting of the game, it may be in use. It is also in the bullpup configuration like the M95 but it seems like the XM500 would be more appropriate for the setting of arma 3

Note: image in discussion is from the arma3 official youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/arma3official

THIS thread is NOT the place for this ...... put it somewhere else. Better still, take these 'I wanna knife' requests to another game. If you can't use a pistol or rifle, take up gardening - you can use a knife there !

THIS thread is NOT the place for this ...... put it somewhere else. Better still, take these 'I wanna knife' requests to another game. If you can't use a pistol or rifle, take up gardening - you can use a knife there !

yeah play farmwille instead :rolleyes:

yeah play farmwille instead :rolleyes:

Farmville? No. FARMA III? Yes :yay:

Anyone notice in the Gamestar video, during the part where they demonstrate the artillery, you can see the change in climate as he over looks the area, where from the ocean the air looks clear, but further in land it turns hazy, and i don't mean the edge of the drawdistance/viewdistance fog. Or am I seeing things?

Note: I'm hoping I'm right about this small detail because it'll make the environment all the more cooler in the game.

Edit: Ah, it looks like it's just the overcast matching the color of the background in a gradient kind of way.

Edited by Steakslim

1-3 guys is my "hurt limit", as in being a fire team leader. Controlling a full squad, like 8-13 men individually (who does that irl?) is beyond my capabilities.

And few would do it in real life. Micro managing individuals is never a good idea. Esp' in the heat of battle. My point being if your in command of 12 AI and complaining of the UI coz its a bitch in heat of battle, your doing it wrong.

And few would do it in real life. Micro managing individuals is never a good idea. Esp' in the heat of battle. My point being if your in command of 12 AI and complaining of the UI coz its a bitch in heat of battle, your doing it wrong.

The man speaks truly.

Use teams to manage your squad, unless you are placing individual guys (i.e. marksmen or automatic loons on high ground or in buildings).

Depends on how good the AI is as team/group and single unit. If AIs are running straight into enemy fire - player need to have the option (micro)manage them. Maybe something like a collective/group intelligence for AI would help the player a lot more and increase the immersion + challenges too. Better communication options between AI and player would help there too.

Lord Ivan will be actioning a contract on you to take care of things. :cool:

@Pathetic_Berserker & CameronMcDonald:

No, the problem is that I'm forced to micromanage, instead of relying on my so called team leaders to do their job. Assigning teams (which was so buggy on reload it became a pain), I still have to put every unit in sensible locations as formations are global to the entire squad. Dynamic changing from HC to squad based might be an option, but it greatly depends on the team leaders not messing up. And how to code that? Probably impossible. As I said, 1-3 guys is my hurt limit. If yours are 12, I won't argue with that.

Yes, in the midst of battle, even 1-3 can be challenging (for me - hey, I'm old and slow), but micromanaging 12 guys is a major thing even when the heat is down. Getting the right guys to restock at the right places/units etc - messy, and could be improved with some visual feedback. Remember, team leaders don't issue orders.

AI 12 man squads just mean I can spawn to 11 bodies I left behind at the spawn point. :)

Depends on the mission if it is designed to be handled by how many men. I prefer questions like "how many do you like; solo, 2, 6, 12" and then have the mission be scaled in difficulty to suit a playstyle I can cope with, rather than fixed in stone missions.

From the recent in-game footage it seems that the clock system is kept (lower right corner). Let's hope that they sort out the problems with callouts that do not correspond to the clock on the players screen. There are several threads describing the problems with the current system, I'll see if I can dig one up ...

-OP

From the recent in-game footage it seems that the clock system is kept (lower right corner). Let's hope that they sort out the problems with callouts that do not correspond to the clock on the players screen. There are several threads describing the problems with the current system, I'll see if I can dig one up ...

-OP

The HUD is still WIP (afaik) so all you've seen until now is subject to change.