Sign in to follow this  
Maio

Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion

Yea, even the newest thermal sights I've used took anywhere between 5 and 15 seconds to cool depending on ambient temperature and how long it'd been turned off. It doesn't give you any image until the sensor is ready. It just says "Sensor Cooling" on the display.

If it was only off for a couple minutes, it would kinda flash and flicker for a second and then start working. That's only when the internals didn't have much chance to warm back up to ambient temperature.

Edited by bradp191

Interesting, I had no Idea that TWS's had to "adjust" beofore working properly, I guess thats just one more innacuracy in OA:)

Me neither. I know the Javelin CLU can take considerable amount of time before use, I just failed to connect the dots. Makes perfect sense though :)

to be honest, the sequence of all animations seem complicated and not intuitive, plus the steering wheels is ok, but i saw still there are the bad reloading animations.,... i would appreciate more focus on first person weapons instead a insignificant details

Only a few elected ones were the new animations. Most of what you saw were still the old ones

@PurePassion, you said that there are now multiple muzzle flash samples but were they still the old ones (textures which pop-up) or do they now have muzzle flashes out of particle effects?

hmm i couldnt tell because i didnt see any of them since all of the presentation was taking place in heavy sunlight

but this is surely an interesting question

Most of the animations are old. BIS told that they will totally rework animation system, and seems like work is still in progress. BIS have their own small motion - capture studio and good animators, so, it's more than neccessary to implement different reload anims, get in animations, anims for put on weapon gadjets actions, etc., and improve the anims we have already. Therefore, I hope this isn't final version of anims.

The more things BIS make now - the less work they'll have after to catch other game's level of anims, shader effects, etc. ;)

btw, can anyone, desirable devs, answer, do they have in their nice-to-have list points "remove radars from tanks, patrol vehicles and APCs", "replace noobtab lock for AtS weapons with smth more comlicated(an example: choose the targer from couple of recognized targets, showing on HUD, by mouse, press a key to lock it on, fire the missile)", "make laser - and vision - guided missiles(like maverick) really guided, not fire - and - forget ones", please? Would be nice if yes.

Edited by woore

okay, this is my own cons.

- I think they already finished the island, just need to polished.

- They working with new animation.

- They still added new weapon and vehicle.

okay, this is my own cons.

- I think they already finished the island, just need to polished.

- They working with new animation.

- They still added new weapon and vehicle.

Do you mean pros, not cons?

Please keep this thread to it's main theme. Wishes etc go into their respective threads. Just to keep it a bit tidy. Thanks. :)

for the moment, I like all the features (seen in the pics or in development); but one thing annoys me:

- the lighting on surfaces is too much shiny; in this picture

http://www.arma3.com/devblog/Hephaestus_Arma3_screenshots_forums_001.jpg

even the clothes shine. And a color even under the sun keeps its tone: a blue stays blue, it doesn't become white.

Maybe the specular maps used should be more grey than a full white.

this was already like that in arma2 , even the fur of the cows shines!!!. In my opinion, this brightness destroys the effect of reality.

A soldier with a uniform that looks like a projector is a little too visible:p

You should add "Carbon Fiber Everything" to the list. Love it!

In the future, every toilet seat will be just like this one:

carbon-fiber-toilet.jpg

as i've seen you can take the uniform of your enemies to go undercover... i imagine how this feature will be used in MP :PPP :DD

'Hey guys...' 'Wait, is that you Richie?'

'Isn't Richie on OPFOR?'

Oooooh shiii-

I too wonder about the functionality of stealth in enemy uniform. The only example I can think of is Hidden and Dangerous 2 in which you had to wear EVERY piece of equipment of the opposing side and none of the allied side, for example: german uniform, german backpack, german helmet and a Mauser 98k. If you kept your Thompson, the "illusion" wouldn't be complete. That's why I thought it was a bit surprising to see the soldier running around the enemy camp with his own weapon. There was also some sort of a "detection/suspicion meter" in H&D2 that increased based on different factors and user actions (sprinting, distance to the enemy etc). Standing right next to an enemy soldier unrecognised would be wierd, especially if captain Miller has different complexion than the enemy. If I was a soldier in an Iranian army a caucasian soldier would certainly grab my attention.

the ability to exchange uniforms with OPFOR is not the feature iam looking forward to the most.

its a little strange that a outpost with 2-3 guys dont notice when one of their mates has a new face after he returns from his patrol :confused:

i would like to see it implemented properly (like in hitman you should avoid to get close to the enemies + animations and voiceacting for enemies that notice you) or not implemented at all.

Uniform change indeed isnt' what I look forward to the most either, but if there for the campaign, I think Myshaak have some very viable points. Also, what if they speak to you? Then what?

Yeah, that was really cool how disguise worked in Hidden & Dangerous 2. If you had something on you a German soldier didn't have, then your disguise blew up.

for the moment, I like all the features (seen in the pics or in development); but one thing annoys me:

- the lighting on surfaces is too much shiny; in this picture

http://www.arma3.com/devblog/Hephaestus_Arma3_screenshots_forums_001.jpg

even the clothes shine. And a color even under the sun keeps its tone: a blue stays blue, it doesn't become white.

Maybe the specular maps used should be more grey than a full white.

this was already like that in arma2 , even the fur of the cows shines!!!. In my opinion, this brightness destroys the effect of reality.

A soldier with a uniform that looks like a projector is a little too visible:p

that screenshot was taken with old OA bloom/post process ...

it's outdated and not representing the visuals we aim for