Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[CAMP] Chasing Grim Reaper

Visitors In Sakhe is now available as COOP for 1-9 players. Special thanks to Zonekiller for time saving client script method. Czech translations by Tslava also included and I added much custom parameters to choose. See the first post for download links (scroll quite down - its first listed coop mission).

Thx for your work SaOk! Can' t wait to play all campaign missions in coop with some friends. Enjoyed you sp campaign a lot.

SaOk! I just recently downloaded this campapign and tried the first scenario, and it really looks promising! I like the sense of quality and immersion, and I will definitely try this out for real! Just one thing: I don't know if I just had really bad luck, but the only time i died everything went "red". I waited to see what would happen, and some minutes later (maybe one of the AI healed me) I seemed to be on my feet again, but everything was still "red" like I was injured, I could fire the gun, but I had no options and I walked very slowly. Like I was in some state och a living dead... I had no option but to end game and hope this will not happen next time. Anything you know about?

Thanks, :) the second mission will be harder to convert (with the ingame cutscenes, civilian talking system...), but I makeing some progress.

The red screen is probably from BIS healing system module, I remember having similar bug once too. Cant fix that, but there is a option not to enable the module in starting dialog. I usually play without it, but left it as optional option. In mp version there is Norrin´s revive system instead.

Takiban Valley is now available as COOP for 1-9 players. Special thanks to Zonekiller for time saving client script method. Czech translations by Tslava also included and I added much custom parameters to choose. See the first post for download links (scroll quite down - its listed as second coop mission).

This mission was much more complicated with the ingame cutscenes. I got those working with like 3-4 layers running over each other, but cutscene spawning and some teleports are badly timed. Dont expect too much. :)

One more to go.

Examination of Bastam is now available as COOP for 1-9 players. Special thanks to Zonekiller for time saving client script method. Czech translations by Tslava also included and I added much custom parameters to choose. See the first post for download links (scroll quite down - its listed as third coop mission).

All campaign missions are now converted into COOP!

Missions in order:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16989

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16997

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17006

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15630

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15639

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16982

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16985

Edited by SaOk

Thanks SuicideCommando, :)

Here are the versions without respawn (you can still set the revive), I didnt find a way to make the seagull spawn work. Revive system still forces the black screen after dieing. Download links can be found also in first post (with the two older coop missions):

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21864280/CO09VisitorsInSakheNoRespawn1_0.7z

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21864265/CO09TakibanValleyNoRespawn1_0.7z

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21864262/CO09ExaminationOfBastamNoRespawn1_0.7z

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21864275/CO09TrenchesOfGarmsarNoRespawn1_0.7z

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21864269/CO09TakinbansLastStandNoRespawn1_0.7z

Here are the versions without respawn

Wow! How did I not see this until now?!

Thanks you so much Sa0k for providing respawn-free versions!

Uploading to the Comrades in Arms coop server :yay:

Hi Sa0k, we played "Takiban's last stand" on the CiA coop server. When killed, a permanent black screen was displayed (can still hear the game though).

In addition, the mission was way too easy, especially comparing to the SP version as I remember it. The friendly AI armour and Gunships literally did most of the work! Good fun though, thanks for converting your campaign to coop!

I couldnt find fix for that black screen thing yet, its from revive script. But I keep my eyes open. There is a difficulty selection through parameters, but that mission is definitely one of the easiest. I may tweak it more.

In what mission the laser marker was missing? I left the laser markers away from some missions where player have no HQ access (e.g. in the first 3 missions), instead he needs to carry the one that is given in first mission (in 5th mission with night start, there is a box with laser marker). The gear is then transfered between missions. I should add similar system for AI team-mates, maybe also for weapons that player storage in certain cars. Similar to resistance campaign, the team-mates could also transfer between missions and gain slowly more skill. Replacements for dead units would start with more poor gear and skill. I need to see what of those work (havent yet tested if the weapon pool commands from OFP still works).

aaarma.jpg

Version 2.5 is released for the single-player campaign! I added "Zub" (v2.4) and "Black Forest" (v2.5) as extra missions. All the old 7 missions have now TPWCAS & TPWLOS (by TPW && -Coulum- && fabrizio_T) that are enabled if player have CBA addon. As small extra, team-members are now transfered between first three missions with their current gear and skill (that is increased in next). If you loose team-mates those are replaced with poor skilled local tribe units. See first post for download links.

Change Log:

2.5:

-New extra missions "Zub" & "Black Forest", with 6 to 20 hours more playtime.

-Added TPWCAS && TPWLOS scripts (by TPW && -Coulum- && fabrizio_T) for 7 orginal missions which are enabled if player have optional CBA addon

-Team-members and their weapons/magazines/skill transfer now between missions 1 -> 2 and 2 -> 3. Dead units are replaced with less skilled local tribe units

-ACR DLC (or free lite version) is required to play new 8th mission - Zub

-Zub is my first attempt of "whole map mission"-concept, featuring dynamic factors between various different functions (tasks affect on each other and on the generateing world)

-Note that Zub requires some more CPU than orginal campaign missions

-Zub have no voice-acting for dialog, Black Forest have voice-acting made by SavedByGrace

-Optional addons that add extra content to the Zub mission: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation by Red hammer Studios, Project CDF by GossamerSolid & CBA

What is Zub?

Zub Key Features:

-Dynamic mission using whole Chernarus map

-Dynamic life generator for enemy/friendly units (patrols, scouts, camps, towers, slow/fast-reinforcements, support vehicles)

-Enemy groups communicate to track player's position, offering still change to flee unnoticed

-Random positioned dynamic tasks to give different feeling for the mission every time

-Much optional, but meaningful tasks included

-All tasks have effect on generating scripts or/and bigger tasks

-No HighCommanding, AI groups instead.

-Difficulty level goes slowly higher during progress

-Random events

-Much improved heavy dynamic civilian/animal ambient life

-Many Custom gameplay elements (Smoke signals, dynamic reinforcements, minefield truck, medic packs...)

-Cutscenes

-Friendly AI groups fighting with player depending on relationship values

-Many factions involved (US, NAPA, CDF, INSURGENTS, CIVILIANS, ARMED CIVILIANS, RUSSIANS, PMC, ACR .......)

-Made with Perfomance Friendly Methods

Optional Addons for Zub:

-Armed Forces of the Russian Federation by Red hammer Studios

-Project CDF by GossamerSolid (Must be 1.04 or newer for version 1.8)

-CBA (Enables TPWC AI Suppress (TPWCAS) & TPWLOS by TPW && -Coulum- && fabrizio_T)

Edited by SaOk

Hi, questions please:

So if I download it from here,http://www.gamefront.com/files/service/thankyou?id=22172924, that mission file will have your "Takistans last Stand" and "BlackForest" and "Zub", as part of the Camp story?

I remember BlackForest was it's own story. You managed to include the story with Grim Reaper Story?

Lastly, all the Recommended addons for Zub you also recommend for 2.5 Grim Reaper?

"Added TPWCAS && TPWLOS scripts (by TPW && -Coulum- && fabrizio_T) for 7 orginal missions which are enabled if player have optional CBA addon" means I don't need to run TPW as an addon, correct?

Thanks man for your hard work!

Yes, it should be in armaholic also soon. Black Forest happens soon after Zub with very similar setting, but the played character changes without explanation. So its more like a extra spin-off.

The optional addons work the same way in this, its the same Zub mission. To run TPWCAS && TPWLOS, you only need CBA adddon. The scripts are automatically enabled for orginal missions then, for Zub you need to choose those from start dialog (enabled as default).

It should work with ACE too, maybe with some small issues (different behaviour in cutscenes, broken fadesound/fademusic...). JSRS I use myself too, no problems with that.

hi what if tpwcas is already loaded. i have them enabled will that work ? cheers OP

Hello :) In the first seven missions, the tpwcas is automatically enabled if player have CBA addon installed. Not sure what happen if player also have the addon of tpwcas. Will the tpwcas run doubled then or is that prevented in that script? Anyway the campaign missions are lighter, so I hope it wouldnt cause much slow down. In the Zub mission, you can set the tpwcas on from start up dialog. If you have the addon, its better to disable the mission´s script version from the dialog.

Hi SaOk, I was playing the latest 2.5 version, first want to say great work, however I ran into a problem with the Zavarat mission. Upon reaching the town on the road with the gas station that you must defend, my character/avatar started giving out orders to each team member non stop, like move to this building, move to that building, on and on and on. Even if I countermanded the order, my alter-ego would tell them to go to a building again. This left that part of the mission completely unplayable, the team was mostly obliterated after the assault began. Could this be from one of the tpw scripts? I don't know if it was an engine bug, a script bug, or what, but I had never seen this until then.

Also in the mission to Bastam (two missions before Zavarat), I took this error twice:

Error in expression <mage 1;
_nul = [position _animal] SPAWN FUNKTIO_FLY2;
};

>
 Error position: <FUNKTIO_FLY2;
};

>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: funktio_fly2

I always have showScriptErrors on :)

I appreciate the great level of detail you put into your work, and it's only because I really like playing your missions that I report any bugs :D

Thanks for feedback and enjoying the campaign, :)

that command loop bug is totally new to me. I need to check that mission again. TPW scripts shouldnt issue any orders like that. I have a function for enemy groups to check nearby houses if that is conflicting now for some reason. I will need to test that mission again.

I always forgot to fix that FUNKTIO_FLY2 bug even its harmless, but if I release campaign update, I will try to have it fixed finally.

I will replay that mission myself later on to see if it repeats, I'm stuck playing in the editor right now, you know how that is :)

One of my favourites A2 campaign. Great gameplay and atmosphere; awesome work.

A great game like this deserves to be introduced by a campaign of this quality, or MANY other nice user campaigns I have enjoyed like a child.

SaOk, I could not recreate the weird problem on the 2nd play of the mission. No idea what happened before, I don't run any AI mods. I forgot to run RHSMod on the 2nd play, but doubt if that would matter. That's ok, I sometimes get bizarre bug reports for my campaign, maybe rebooting the PC is the answer to all weird bugs. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Viewaskewbian/DOGBERT.jpg

Thanks Down8,

and good to hear (and funny comic :D), AZCoder. It could be some really rare bug. That function for enemies, I have, to check nearby buildings, should be ran only for with units with "SoldierEB" class. Weird bug. Suprised to see that happen. I waited that tank part to fail first. The abraham supporting player was orginally moved by spawned waypoints, then I found out those where very unstable to work. Now I am using Move-command, but heard recently that it could fail too.

I got to the outro scene, I think that was SavedByGrace's work? It was excellent, the kind of creativity that's fun to watch.