Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[CAMP] Chasing Grim Reaper

The 4th campaign mission "The Battle of Rasman" is now available as COOP for 1-9 players. See the first post for more info and download links. :)[/b]

Let me know if you find any flaws or bugs. I tested the mission alone with dediserver, but MP always brings some supprises. I try to convert some other campaign missions soon too.

Hey Saok! Thanks for the mission. Will it work on a dedicated server?

I hope it doesn't include respawn and the revives can be set to zero...?

Hi, revives can be set to zero, but there is respawn (base). I will try to make it optional for next version (if its possible). I played the mission through multiple times on dedicated server, it should work good, but let me know if there is any issues. I used the same scripts, as in "The Battle of Zargabad" to update the tasks/variables also for JIP-players.

zavarak.jpg

The 5th campaign mission "Operation Zavarak" is also now available as COOP for 1-9 players. See the first post for more info and download links. :)

This also have base-respawn for now, but I will learn if there is a way to make it optional. Or I can make a separate versions without respawning at somepoint.

Edited by SaOk

Saok, I have played grim ripper and just loved it. Playing the missions I kept thinking that I would love to play them as a coop with friends on the comrades in arms coop server (details on my signature).

However, in CiA we keep things rather realistic, which means revive and respawn are out of the question.

If you will make no-respawnvive versions of your missions I can assure you that you will make a bunch of guys really happy!

Thanks,

I added now "No Respawn"-versions for both coop-missions as special versions. See the first post. ;)

All versions have selectable revieve-values via parameters. Remember to set it to wanted.

Keep the feedback coming. I can make more special versions if anyone have some wanted features in mind.

Edited by SaOk

I can make more special versions if anyone have some wanted features in mind.

USMC Units and equipment, with acre radios?

Thanks,

I added now "No Respawn"-versions for both coop-missions as special versions. See the first post. ;)

All versions have selectable revieve-values via parameters. Remember to set it to wanted.

Keep the feedback coming. I can make more special versions if anyone have some wanted features in mind.

Sa0k, you rock my world.

I will create the ARCA version, when its compatible with 1.60 (betas). I tried to revert back to 1.59 beta, but it still displayed incompatible message.

But the US marines are already great. I like those old weapon more too since they dont block half of the screen. ;) I will probably create a separate addon version for the full campaign too with the marines when I get the 2.0 version ready.

Edit (1st December): I didnt yet manage to get the ARCA working in the mission, but going to try soon again. Currently working also on campaign outro and new dynamic mission project.

Edit (9th December): Got a new computer with i7 2600k and recorded a gameplay vid of the 4th campaign mission -"The Battle of Rasman", using doubled life option:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApUVKyJRMDc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApUVKyJRMDc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by SaOk

Bug report for the no respawn version of operation zavarak:

The initial custom voice file played in tge insertion helicopter is played several times in different pitch levels (I had a feeling it plays at the number of players, with each player pitch setting).

When a player dies, the camera just zooms out with a red screen. No spectating or BIRD spawn.

We had great fun though... Thanks again!

Thanks for feedback and enjoying the mission. I play that chopper line in different way (with kbTell so it can be heard in the chopper) than rest of the voices. Looks like it only need to be runned in server script, not for clients. I will also try to add that spectating or bird spawn.

Hello SaOk,

congrats for winning the MEC 2011!

Because i´ve played all your mission´s so far and i´m on u for 2years, i have to say thx for all your effort.

As a kind of respect for your work i´ve written a statement for u; if you have time and you´re interested have look ;):

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=867&entries=0#post6901

Once again: Thx alot for your outstanding mission´s and your great job!

Best regards

McLupo

Thank you for the congrats and the interesting/great article, McLupo. :)

Even I dont like mainstreaming, I took definitely more basic warfare approach in this campaign (and even more in the "Takiban's Last Stand"), leaving the sparkle depend on many little custom functions and spawning/deleteing cycles that allow to meet more life. I also like the more story written missions much. Undeceived's "For The Life Of A Friend" is definitely one of the best missions in ArmA2 and I will check that Clayman's "Zero" very soon.

I am also trying to make next a more mysterious mission again with many cutscenes and other details, without forgotting massive battles and randomness. But lets see how it comes. Always challeging to get things going. I have already many new ambient scripts and a tactic script for enemy AI to work together.

Hello SaOk,

congrats for winning the MEC 2011!

Because i´ve played all your mission´s so far and i´m on u for 2years, i have to say thx for all your effort.

As a kind of respect for your work i´ve written a statement for u; if you have time and you´re interested have look ;):

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=forumsthread&threadid=867&entries=0#post6901

Once again: Thx alot for your outstanding mission´s and your great job!

Best regards

McLupo

You forgot to mention Black Forest in this article, clearly one of his best missions.

Hello!

@SaOk: Thx alot for reading and enjoying my article.

You´re right, "mainstream" is the wrong word ;), what i meant is, that your kind of missions offers the realistic warfare the players like to play! That´s one reason why i like your missions very much! :)

Btw: I played the mission Battle of Zargabad at least twenty times!

@Tonic: You´re very right and thx for the advice!

I have added the mission Black Forest to the list! ;)

Greetings

McLupo

preview1zs.jpg

New campaign version 2.0 is released with now full voice-acting and proper campaign outro. "Multiply Life"-custom option is also much reworked for later missions. If you have quite new and good CPU, I would suggest to try "doubled"-option (displayed at campaign start).

Full change log for 2.0:

-New cliffhanger campaign outro (by SavedByGrace)

-Rest of the voiceacting added ("Uncle" & "SF Leader" by Domokun, "Gas Worker" by Nettrucker, Outro voices by SavedByGrace)

-New dynamic AI function: Enemy sometimes now search/clean nearby random buildings

-New dynamic AI function: Sometimes disemparked crew seek cover from nearby houses

-Life Multiplier much reworked (default setting "normal" is good for CPUs like q6600, tested setting "doubled" works very smoothly with i7 2600k, un-tested setting "tripled" may require clocked i7 2600k)

-Music from orginal OFP soundtrack added (those BIS tracks)

-Cutscene tweaks

-Unpopular extra cutscene in 3rd mission removed

-Many other tweak & fixes

See first post for download links! :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5hiYDawXM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJ5hiYDawXM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hi SaOk

congrats to the release. Downloading now. I watched the trailer hadn't had the time to play so far. The only thing I've recognized is, that most of the radio communications are covered by the music in the vid. They are not clearly understandable, when playing a song together with the ongoing communications. The volumn of the voices is low in the vid repectively to the music. I need to test it ingame. If it was me I would try to fade music to a lower volumn in the parts with ongoing communications. Or another choice is to play the song in a part of the mission where no radio communication is planned to happen. The right choice to outline the mission even more using custom sounds and the music is crucial IMHO. I personally think it would furthermore evalue an already outstanding campaign. That's my only little gripe watching only the vid, but it was something I noticed immediately.

In any case great to see everything done and in place. :D

I was little worried of that too, but thought that anyway the different sound mods may change the voice levels. And player can change the sound level for the music himself. But I may do some more extra tweaking for next possible version which I could release closer to the summer with upcoming supprise content. ;)

It's not the soundmods IMO. It's that the music is playing at the same time when the conversations are going and it destracts in my opinion from the story. Couldn't concentrate at the story and the music at the same time. Naturally ingame I'll try to lower the music volumn. It's really not a biggie I need to play it to see what volumn levels suits best.

great news to hear a new version is out, thanks Saok!

One question, what is that multiple life thing really meant for? Why does it take more cpu resources, and doesn't it take away a bit of realism?

The life multiplier doubles (or triples) all the met civilians and animals except traffic since it would be total mess. Also the friendly support is multiplyed and the enemies in battles that the friendly support is taking part. Still the difficulty level gets little higher too, its not evenly balanced. Since AI is computing, there is more CPU needed. I orginally made the default setting to work with my old Q6600 using less units, but I also liked to add option to make the campaign use better the new much powerfull CPU´s (also to match the great explosive atmosphere like in Nettruckers campaign ;)). The default setting could offer more real in some battles since with multiplied life there is sometimes very much going on. :)

Edited by SaOk

Been playing the first mission so far. I love the voice acting :inlove:

It is really awesome. Lowered the music volumn quite a bit to get a clear perceiption of the ongoing conversation. Going back to playing.:D

Cheers :)

Thanks :) I was very lucky to find the great kind actors that definitely bring much extra feeling and grip to follow the dialog. I cant stop admiring the voices myself too. :) You all did great job to act those, even there was probably some less good lines that I had written. I will always be grateful.

Hi SaOk

I'm at mission 4 "The battle of Rasman". No problems encountered so far. Once my men got stuck but I got'em unstuck by using teamswitch. This was in mission 2. For the rest everything works really fine. Great job, the campaign is awesome, but that goes without saying. :D

The voice acting is the icing on the cake. :bounce3:

I keep going on playing and will give some more feedback as soon as I have the time.

Thanks for this jewel.

cheers