Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

[CAMP] Chasing Grim Reaper

I was thinking that kind of campaign or mission, at somepoint, for Chernarussian. But I start with FDFmod mission. It could be possible to convert it to CDF or NAPA mission too.

Edit: That could be also one, but I want to have a pause with OA maps.

Yeah chernarus is more beutifull and allowes for some serious forest firefights. I think they are the most intense in this game. I recommend the forest around the big radio tower. It has much ground vegetation that makes it hard to see the enemy.

Why not have the new campaign on 3rd party map such as Lingor or duala, these are great maps.

Podagorks is 3rd party map too ;), and it comes with FDFmod. Lingor would be great too, but I start with FDFmod. I am also waiting to see if Iron Front is good for next campaign. Before that there is better time for a SP mission.

Well Podagorsk is a really nice map, but I experienced some Problems with AI on it. For example AI that can see through vegetation. Chernarus is still the best Map out there

That would explain FDF campaign difficulty. :( I need to do some testing.

Edit: Okay, I put the FDFmod mission on pause. I got really excited with the idea of NAPA/Insurgents (and maybe CDF) civil war type mission on chernarus. No high-tech weapons, only some ak47´s and maybe pistols if those are finally fixed for AI. Much forest fights again and less big stuttering cities.

Edited by SaOk

Here is a trailer for the campaign (My first try with windows movie maker :)) :

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKBsjZtiM38&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKBsjZtiM38&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by SaOk

It had a "funny" ending, but I took it away :D Bloopers extra would be nice too. :)

Edited by SaOk

Thanks, I used fraps (with settings: full-size and 29.97fps), in game I had lowered resolution to 1280x720. I tried first to have more gameplay footage, but then fraps had changed shortkey unnoticed and most of the stuff didnt record. I focused then more on cutscenes. The first time I also got windows movie makers working good with found 720p and 1080p profiles. At the end the trailer was made in a hour. I may try to make a better trailer if I get voice-acting included someday.

Thanks, very nice video. :) I am also using the great JSRS (version 1.3), need to download the update too when its released.

Edited by SaOk

I have got voices for all roles except for Uncle, SF and gas worker. If some here would like to try to act one of them, feel free to contact me. Those are all quite small roles. Fake accents are welcome too. ;)

Roles (and better info) can be found here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=2027770#post2027770

Anyway, I should have new version coming soon unless I cant stop playing Skyrim when it arrives. :) Just few cutscenes to improve (or recreate) + full campaign testing that all works and the voice timings are right.

New version 1.9 is released! Features most of the roles acted (By RejenOrst, SavedByGrace, Nettrucker, Bardosy & Domokun + Tslava already before). Also many other additions, tweaks and fixed are includes. See first post for download links.

I didnt yet make a new outro for the campaign. It will take more time to create and I believe the Skyrim will take some time away next weeks. :)

New trailer with some of the included voice-acting (except the last two lines):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0D7fUUBeOQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0D7fUUBeOQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Edited by SaOk

Watched the trailer . . . cool job my friend. The voice overs are great. It's the icing on the cake. I love it. :inlove:

Thanks, the voices definitely changed the playing experience which I noticed on testruns. I didnt even remember some of the lines before hearing them. :) Anyway I was very lucky to find actors. Big credit for them (including you). ;)

SaOk: last night I tried my first SP community-crafted campaign and I was mighty impressed (I've played scores of MP missions). The script, the storyline, the camera sequences are all very well-done. I'd say that they're almost professional! Just 2 things bugged me - Is it normal that, in the opening cut-scene, the old man (father of our hero) doesn't have a voice-over? Also a bit of music, even if its short and not loud, can be very good a helping set an ambience (anticipation, preperation, tension, nostalgia, mourning, etc.).

Edited by domokun

Thank you :), that old man, also gas worker and SF leader are still without actors. I will try to add some music to that intro. It was in my mind earlier too, but I couldnt yet find proper ambient for that.

PM if you'd like me to voice them for you.

Their muteness is all the more noticeable in now that other characters are now so voluble.

I could definitely do the old man as he doesn't seem to say that much.

Not sure about the gas worker, nor SF Leader.

Send it today and I'll try to record it tonight, otherwise it'll have to wait 3 weeks.

Thanks for volunteering, PM sent. :)

Its currently only for single-player, but I am planning to convert some of the missions for multiplayer. Starting probably with fourth mission.

EDIT: All roles are now recorded. I will try to have new version released in 2-4 weeks with also cutscene tweaks and new campaign outro.

Edited by SaOk

rasman1.jpg

The 4th campaign mission "The Battle of Rasman" is now available as COOP for 1-9 players. See the first post for more info and download links. :)

Let me know if you find any flaws or bugs. I tested the mission alone with dediserver, but MP always brings some supprises. I try to convert some other campaign missions soon too.

Edited by SaOk