Sign in to follow this  
daveygary1979

daveygarys Rangers

DaveyGary is on deployment, he released these just before he left, so it will be a long while before he can edit/expand this addon :/

Great Work Man! They are now the official skins of Task Force 215 B company third ranger batallion!

Thanks guys, i this is the first opportunity i have had to sit and get a message off, its been a tough couple of weeks, getting used to the time difference and unfortunately for my battalion we are taking over the British posts in the Helmand region.

I am glad you are all enjoying my work and i hope that when i get home i can try to work on and answer most of your problems!

Because of my situation internet access is very limited so i am not going to be posting much.

Peace out guys and talk soon.

I had a quick question how could I add:

"Tactical_Sunglass_visor",

"Tactical_Sunglass_crew",

"Tactical_Sunglass_pilot",

"Tactical_Sunglass_clear"

to a pilot's face in a mission of mine?

and now HOW add glasses and mask to units, or in inventory?!

And why your rucks not compateble wth ACE? it's not a good!

PLZ add config to ace compateble rucks, its important!

FPDR

*sigh*

and now HOW add glasses and mask to units, or in inventory?!

Would you like him to come and wipe your ass whilst he's at it?

:j:

Hmm, I think what DaveyGary is doing at the moment is probably what is classed as 'important'! I think an earlier post (around 115) discussed how you would go about adding the glasses.

Also someone asked 3 times about ACE compatibility - there is some advice on making these work with ACE in and around page 10.

If you want to add ACE rucksacks though you are going to have to edit the config yourself.

It's amazing... Just went through 3 threads and in each, J-Guid has asked for all to be ACE compatible. This person just doesn't get it. :rolleyes: It's a shame, we've had some great mods released by our great modders. Instantly people like J-Guid make a request. I'm happy that we have such a great bunch of modders that share their work. If they make it ACE compatible, great... if not, great too.

It's amazing... Just went through 3 threads and in each, J-Guid has asked for all to be ACE compatible. This person just doesn't get it. :rolleyes: It's a shame, we've had some great mods released by our great modders. Instantly people like J-Guid make a request. I'm happy that we have such a great bunch of modders that share their work. If they make it ACE compatible, great... if not, great too.

Because Feature of ACE, and mods have a nice rucks but not comfortable for use without ACE...

Because Feature of ACE, and mods have a nice rucks but not comfortable for use without ACE...

Or how about you stop asking for ACE compatiblity (Which works fine to my knowledge.) in every thread you go to, and either a) Deal with it and use what is available b) Make your own config or c) Shut the fuck up.

Choose.

@J-Guid : this post might help you out with ACE Rucksacks.

I play ACE, but not everyone does. A number of add-on makers do make their addons ACE compatible, but some do not (simply because they do not play ACE). You are just going to have to get used to the fact that in those situations you are going to have to deal with it. Making something fully ACE compatible is not simply a case of setting a swich - it requires more effort by the addon maker.

Having said all this as Archosarusev said, most units will work in ACE anyway and by using the above post you can use scripting to add ACE gear and weapons to them anyway.

Hope this helps

If you uncheck the manual option disable ruckless, they should work with ACE....

haha, good to hear your doing well, keep safe mate!!

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

68 Whisky, and no, I wish i was sitting around base lol! I am a combat medic for a fireteam and we are so short right now that as one patrol returns i grab some food and then head back out with the next! I am looking fwd to coming stateside though as i have been selected to go and do the W1 training to get the MOS 68W2V "Ranger Combat Medic" provided i get through the training for the medical side down in ft Sam Houston and then run the ranger school out in Benning lol.

Looks great and I'm downloading.

Kudos to serving your country bro!

Em, ok thanks Laqueesha.

So, anyone care to make a script/mod to get these to work on AI then? thanks.

DarkXess, did you ever get this figured out? I have a mission I'm toying around with, which uses DaveyGary's helmets on my pilots, and uses the helmets/faceshields on my crew chiefs, door gunners, and rear gunners(CH47).

I would be willing to help you out, if you haven't figured this out on your own.

DaveyGary: awesome models. I think it's been asked before, but could the pilot visor be tinted?

Stay safe bro, I spent a year of my life in the Big Desert to the West of you...

Edited by panther42

@panther42, your best contacting him directly via pm mate, he'll be sound asleep now ;)

DarkXess, did you ever get this figured out? I have a mission I'm toying around with, which uses DaveyGary's helmets on my pilots, and uses the helmets/faceshields on my crew chiefs, door gunners, and rear gunners(CH47).

I would be willing to help you out, if you haven't figured this out on your own.

No mate I didnt, lol... would be great if you could send me the demo mission whatever you have to get it working! :) and thanks mate...

Edited by DarkXess