Sign in to follow this  
Flogger23m

FN 2000s for the US military?

What if there where no M4's around when the had to go on their NATO covert op so the walked up to some Belgian troops (They use the F2000) and said "S'up bro, imma take your guns now. Kthxbye"

I think people need to read the website:

Customizable Soldier Load

Choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.

It appears you will be able to customsie your look, and your gear. I am sure you will be able to select an M4 or M16 if you really want to!

The Israelis too! When have you ever played a game where you can play as an Israeli. This is going to be awesome!

I like the look of the FN 2000 Tac

It is ,but with P90 hand grip pic in that pic you can easy recognize it

I like futuristic idea and things :)

anyway who said that F2000 is a Civilian weapon? lol

thats a military F2000 Tactical version - Tan and also with P90 grip

Generally, the F2000 model with the longer 17.5" barrel is a civilian weapon (FS2000). The barrel was made longer on the semi-auto FS2000 to meet the US law's requirements for rifles to have a barrel over 16" in length, without the owner having to apply for a special permit.

The lack of a bayonet lug on the barrel also shows the rifle is based on the FS2000.

No real reason an F2000 couldn't be fitted with the FS2000's barrel though, so it's entirely plausible as a military rifle. The P-90-style foregrip is a real accessory for the F2000 and FS2000 as well; although the company who made it went bust in 2008 and sold the design to Magpul, who still haven't put it back on the market.

All this moaning about the kit in ArmA 3 is getting ridiculous. Just accept that BIS have gone tacticool for this one; and we can all mod in the less extravagant kit. That's what the community's been doing it for nearly a decade now.

Slovenian army uses FN F2000 for main assault rifle for couple of years now. At first I've been sceptic too, but after a short test that changed. Sure, its still is a plastic crappy looking rifle, but its very precise, great GL options, I got to love it...

But I agree, they don't belong in US arms ;) BIS is just probably teasing us.

Generally, the F2000 model with the longer 17.5" barrel is a civilian weapon (FS2000). The barrel was made longer on the semi-auto FS2000 to meet the US law's requirements for rifles to have a barrel over 16" in length, without the owner having to apply for a special permit.

The lack of a bayonet lug on the barrel also shows the rifle is based on the FS2000.

No real reason an F2000 couldn't be fitted with the FS2000's barrel though, so it's entirely plausible as a military rifle. The P-90-style foregrip is a real accessory for the F2000 and FS2000 as well; although the company who made it went bust in 2008 and sold the design to Magpul, who still haven't put it back on the market.

All this moaning about the kit in ArmA 3 is getting ridiculous. Just accept that BIS have gone tacticool for this one; and we can all mod in the less extravagant kit. That's what the community's been doing it for nearly a decade now.

Ye , you are right :)

and i finally found it - it is Monolith Arms FS2000 Foregrip/tri-rail

f2000p90grip.jpg

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/5660/cimg3255az4on0.jpg

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r22/judochoper/bullpupfs2000.jpg

I come back from this forum after a long break, and I'm reminded why I lost interest in the first place. People whining over dumb shit.

ArmA games have always had a variety of weapons, some of which didn't fit the armies in the game but were there if mission designers wanted to use them. This game is in the future too, some artistic license to make it more interesting is welcome. Who cares if it upsets a few crazy realism freaks.

Yea the Commanche is a bit odd but hey it adds variety. Maybe in the future the US decided it was necessary to get them ready for World War 3.

I come back from this forum after a long break, and I'm reminded why I lost interest in the first place. People whining over dumb shit.

ArmA games have always had a variety of weapons, some of which didn't fit the armies in the game but were there if mission designers wanted to use them. This game is in the future too, some artistic license to make it more interesting is welcome. Who cares if it upsets a few crazy realism freaks.

Yea the Commanche is a bit odd but hey it adds variety. Maybe in the future the US decided it was necessary to get them ready for World War 3.

welcome back Matt :)

people should see this more of a sandbox type of game, where content is just part of it. I am looking forward for more features and more work on the platform rather than its campaign or gear/vehicles. I see the Campaign as a test-drive, demo, whatever you want to call it, of those features

Operative;1930196']So what? They will bring their own (unproven) 24 years old assault rilfles to a hostile island.

not only about your post but' date=' did you read the part that the nato forces are battered? They will mostlikely not have high tech weaponary so yeah 20 years old weaponary would not be strange in a fictive story if you are being repressed by a hostile force! People are strange cretures they nagging about the fact its always western countries against eastern lesser technoligy then it gets a turn around by the devoloper and then they nagging about the other thing they actualy asked before, a hillarious fact it is i say! :rolleyes:

Really the more i read this threads the harder im going strike!

Anyway i ask my self how many tards we have around here, We are knowing like i finger nail of the content we will get and people are already assuming that the game will be shit because of the content they saw. If you stand still for a moment you don't find it silly a little bit? Guy's really don't keep this argument going in every thread because its just ugh so damn annoying.

nice weapon it is, so are you already warming up to improve weapons in ArmA3 RH? :p

Kind regards

Edited by KBourne

I think they're just showing off the new models and stuff and aren't going for dead on accuracy for the moment. The way it looks from the images is that it's a NATO mashup, so it could simply be a truly NATO task force where they operate under the NATO banner and not their respective nations. The Merkava and so on could easily be that one of the NATO nations bought them as their new MBT, or maybe the story has Israel as a member of NATO? It's in the future, but it's still set in reality in terms of the way things work.

Hi, ain't like the look of the FN-2000 (IRL) but the models and textures of the weapons, units, vehicles and buildings that i've seen look very pimp; i neither like the other variant of M1 or M21 or somethig like that that we can see in some of the screenshots. But well.. we'll see... . Let's C ya

And still, no one has said that the us will be a faction but NATO is the waring faction here. So that may explain why the troop with the US flag on their helmet is using a FN F2000 instead of a, lets say HK416. Because Belgium and USA is both a NATO member so the US may use the FN F2000 infavour of the M4 in this operation. I can give a pretty good exampel of this. The german soldiers in the euroforce (EUs own 'army') is using FAMAS which is a french rifle. The Swedish SSG operators in A-Stan is using the G36Cs, still we got our own license manufactured FN FNC. And this NATO task force in ARMA3 maybe haven't aquired any M4s but they are using what the other european countries have offerd the? Who knows now, but we'll probably know more soon.

Like alot of people here, first glance at the new screenshots I was very excited,

until I saw the FN2000 (or whatever it is),

the troops look awesome in all their gear dressed up like xmas trees... but I'm not a fan.

Personally I'd like to see the HK416/HK417 instead of the FN2000/M14EBR,

I would assume that it wouldn't be that much trouble for BIS to create an option at the start of a campaign to offer the choice of weapon systems

(copy campaign and replace FN2000 with HK416 etc).

Agreed. As mentioned it might just to show off, but I have my doubts. The fact that there is a fictional variant of the MI-28 (correct me if I am wrong) makes me think otherwise.

If it is the case I'd just wait until the game has a price drop a year or so later and get some mods to fix the game up.

I just wanted them to get an ArmA right out of the box for once. :D

I never said the game is not going to be good, far from that, I believe that this is going to be the best of the whole series.

I'm just arguing about over some choices, but those are the developers choices and I have no power over them.

They should just keep in mind that showing some photos that include some never-seen content without further explanation will create every kind of rumour in the community. This may lower the interest in the serie and also the profit generated.

They could end the whole discussion saying: they borrowed the equipment from another nation. Simply that.

They didn't say it, showed us pics with US soldiers wearing US uniforms without a mention to NATO.

What should I think? It denotes the new US service rifle will be some kind of F2000. Without further explanation, this is the first impression given by the pics.

dont like it, dont use it... its that hard? Inspect the ammo box maybe you can find your lovely M16/Ak there

The "people are bored of M4's" argument is fucking stupid, there are American troops in every Arma/OFP game so you'd have to be strapped to a band wagon to agree with that argument.

I think that if the game is set around 2025 an opportunity has been missed. If it is based around fighting for a Mediterranean island that far into the future, who's to say that an EU army couldn't have been formed by then? Weapons like the F2000 could then have a place in that universe, it is not as if the US defence industry puppet masters would ever allow their marionette congressmen to outsource stuff like that to Europe.

I ain't complaining about Arma3's choices really. I am just wondering if a better researcher or story writer could help to bring these 'cool' things into the game with other justification than wanting 14 year old American boys to spaff in their pants.

Its just a campaign choices already, im sure that customs MP missions will fit any scenario ranging from cold war to today's guerrilla/insurgency to WW3 era

If im going to buy Arma 3 , its not going to be for the campaign. Il have to be sure that my current HD4890 will be able to run the game smoothly no matter in what environment (city/forest) without any objects flashing because of LOD switching and texture flickering and whatever bug that makes the game look like K'wrap.

MP warping is also unacceptable IMO.

For the rest, give me a gun and people to play with and im happy !

since the fn2000 is in game, maybe sam fisher will be?

since the fn2000 is in game, maybe sam fisher will be?

Hell Yeah! :D

@Liquidpinky

I think you quoted the wrong post :)

About this F2000 misery....

As I said before, I'm dead sure there will be gazillions of M4s and HK416s and SCAR addons, if not anywhere else then it'll be included in ACE3 (I hope :)), so I don't care about what content will ArmA 3 have. I would be most happy if -again- the USMC would be featured, but that patrone had been used up once.

I don't think less people will buy this game if they don't include a footnote next to the F2000's description that "Those nice dudes from the Paracommando Brigade lend them to us Green Berets" will seriously degrade the sellings of the title. I don't remember anybody did not bought OA because US Army guys inaccurately use SF (SCAR, M3 MAAWS) and USMC (M32 MGL) weapon systems.

Let BI make the core game very well optimized and advanced, then let the addonmakers unleash everything else on us.

Let BI make the core game very well optimized and advanced, then let the addonmakers unleash everything else on us.

Exactly.

I think people missed the part where you're behind enemy lines in the Med which is relatively close to Western Europe which contains a country named Belgium in which the F2000 is made...

Besides these are just early release promo screens, whats to say we don't have M4's? They just wouldn't get the attention like the F2000's and the TAR-21. As i keep saying, we know next to NOTHING about this game, just chillax and wait until something comes up thats worth getting up in arms about.

Edited by Innomadic

I think people missed the part where you're behind enemy lines in the Med which is relatively close to Western Europe which contains a country named France in which the F2000 is made...

Besides these are just early release promo screens, whats to say we don't have M4's? They just wouldn't get the attention like the F2000's and the TAR-21. As i keep saying, we know next to NOTHING about this game, just chillax and wait.

As far as I know the F2000 and the SCAR are made in Belgium. FAMAS is made in France.

I think people missed the part where you're behind enemy lines in the Med which is relatively close to Western Europe which contains a country named France in which the F2000 is made...

F2000 is made by FN Herstal which is Belgian company

France have FAMAS , not F2000 :rolleyes: