Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

ArmA3 Wishlist and Ideas

This would be neat if it forced you into first person every time you use it.

Damn i still want them to fix the ladders on the Chernogorsk Hotel.

So i guess for this game i wish that they don't put ladders on buildings if the wont make it possible to climb on them.

Other then that i think they will do just alright.

Edited by Angle

LONG POST BUT PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THIS< IT WILL MAKE ARMA 3 MUCH MORE REALISTIC

What is on my arma 3 wishlist? If I had my own way arma 3 would have improved netcoding so i can shoot someone and they will register every hit, physics would be cool but i really am only looking forward to netcode improvements, underwater and hopefully cave battles (VBS has this) and ofcourse.......

Realistic wounds!!!!!!

Not like ACE or vanilla Arma 2.

Different rounds cause variable wound profiles. Depending on ammunition behaviour @ speed x and depending on hit location the bullet will simulate what it does in real life. A fragmenting round will fragment at x velociy and cause y amount of bleeding.

Bleeding leads to unconsciousness, shock, and cardiac arrest. Unconsciousness can lead to discontinuation of breathing, and the wound will cause pain, generally a direct hit will cause the target to become incapacitated.

Damage to CNS, Head (brainpart of CNS :p), excesive bloodloss, cardiac arrest amoungst other stuff like glitching into a rock on an ATV will kill a soldier in arma3. Consecutive shots should not kill a unit unless they are to vital areas such as CNS.

Ammunition will be more than just "5.56x45mm STANAG":

Different types of ammunition in use by the military should be simulated.

For example, USMC use mk.318 SOST, US Army use m855a1, some special forces SAW operators use m995 Armor piercing ammo, but for the sake of the game, and USA vs Russia scenario shoulod use armor piercing ammo instead of ineffective ball rounds.

Body armour simluation would be cool too, as in soft armour could proetc t against pistol rounds at close range, and hard armour will protect againts certain rifle rounds and certain velocities, and can be degraded and shatter, thus loosing effectivness.

Field dressings and putting pressure on a wound will slow bleeding and have a chance (decreasing depending on rate of bleeding) to stop it altogether. Morphine will work as an active pain relief but will slow the heart so must not be used all the time. Tourniquets and hemostatic agents like quik clot can be used although they will reduce a soldier's combat effectiveness, but will portentially save a life. Medics have the option to perform surgery, so procedures such as clamping arteries can be carried out to stop heavy bleeding. IV bags/plasma will refill a unit's "blood meter" which will come with obvious positive effects (due to blood loss having negative effects). CPR can be used on patients not breathing or without a pulse.

Medics will not carry magical "med kits" which do miracle surgery for them. But they will carry bags with the appropriate medical equipment in them. Smelling salts, IV bags, surgey kits, additional field dressings and tourniquets, hemostatic agents, AED (Automated External Defibrillator) for restarting the heart (FYI epinephrine is NOT used for cardiac arrest, giving a patient who has entered cardiac arrest after bloodloss due to a gun shot wound will only cause his heart rate to increase, increasing the speed at which he bleeds. It is used for bee stings and peanut allergies, maybe as a last resort in the military when someone is so obviously not going to survive that the medics just inject epi so they can say to relatives "well we tried to save him."

.. Ok this is an exageration but epi is an absolute last resort, should not be added to arma 3.) amonst other stuff like breathing apparatus.

This sounds very complicated, but can be made in a similar fashion to how ACE wounds were developed. ACE wounds have scripts that state whether the unit was or wasn't bleeding, then has scripts which give bleeding units side effects. Treatment is simple. If a unit has pain and morphine is used, pain is either completely taken away or atleast reduced. Diagnosis can be done in the same way "Examine > patient x is bleeding a requires bandages" is done, but with more authentic post-examination results, such as "patient unresponsive, is slowly oozing bright pinky red blood and is very pale, is not breathing and a pulse cannot be found." (cardiac arrest, artery has been severed, not breathing, unconscious and when they wake up they will obviously require pain relief :p)

Everything I have just said is possible in arma 2 with a little motivation, knowledge on the topic (epi for gun shots wounds.. seriously :D) and ofcourse, more contributers (sorry ACE I had to :p), so it can deffinitly be made for arma 3. VBS has authentic ballistic simulation, artillary simulation (including targeting) and much more, so the excuse "this system is waaaay too complicated for a simple game" is obsolete.

Don't understand arty? Don't use it or try and learn to use it. Same goes with medics, I mean, it is a realistic simulation game..

And real life is much much more complicated. Here is all you really need to know for this new medical system:

Less serious bleeding is slowed and sometimes stopped by field dressings. Tourniquets and Quik Clot will clot bleeding much more effectivly but will cause pain and other negative effects.

Surgery can be performed by medics to achieve the best possible results, whether that be the patient is in the best possible condition after surgey or the surgery has the highest rate of success (compare a bandage to clamping a severed artery ;) ).

Pain is treated by morphine although a unit cannot have too much and if the heart rate is already slowed down too much morphine will be dangerous.

Unconsciousness is treated by various things. If the unit has lost too much blood and has gone unconsciousness, they will require IV/plamsa to refill thier blood levels before baing capable of waking up, breathin will need to be restarted if it has stopped (obviously if they stop breathing they will dieg as well :p). Smelling salts and bretahing apparatus (in medic kit) can be used to start the breathing of a patient.

Cardiac arrest will also kill a unit quite quickly although i can be treated with CPR, and AEDs.

Plasma/IV will refill the blood meter of a unit taking away all negative side effects of blood loss seeing as the blood has been replaced.

Oh and a simple medic module with vanilla arma 2 style damage could be added too although I think after using this system noone would go back. In arma, first aid is simple for soldiers, it is the medics job that is difficult, as it should be, just as an arty officer's job is not simply click on map with mouse and shoot super accurate arty. :D VBS has great arty simlaution hope that makes it into arma 3 as well :)

My friends and I (one of them an ammunition designer for Thales Australia, one being a nurse and one being a doctor) would be more than happy to go into more detail with how proper wounds and medical treatment could be simluated to achieve maximum realisim and fun at the same time. I realise I wentinto a lot more detail about wounds than ammunition simulation, although ammunition is my favourite area of study, if you would like to know more, just PM me.

Edited by Tom1

dont forget make shooting from onboard wheel or heavy transport without any mods and from air transport opendorr shooting too whoo will on the board players or ai(not only pilotor or gunners on air transport). make animations for every transport for players or ai open dooron transport as in GTA4 or otheer noob games and dimage system need better too.dont forget gear deployed on stone or on ground as in ACE2 mod.and all other bestest things too

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

need more space in game for bigest warfire mission.or player can be choice wich of country he will fight on earth when he open game map

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

also need make multi or editinlary uniforms and flags on it that player can edit hes own sodiers with hes own choice.and about side reds or blue.i"ll be wish choice side when i want before game will start with my choiced or edited solder

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

dont forget plzzz transport reality speed.about shooting when grad or MLRS is shooting it is slow in arma 2,in real life it is faster

Edited by otarius-big

dont forget make shooting from onboard wheel or heavy transport without any mods and from air transport opendorr shooting too whoo will on the board players or ai(not only pilotor or gunners on air transport). make animations for every transport for players or ai open dooron transport as in GTA4 or otheer noob games and dimage system need better too.dont forget gear deployed on stone or on ground as in ACE2 mod.and all other bestest things too

Hope you will be satisfied if they add the ability to fall out of said vehicle if it changes course sharply while you have both hands on your gun.

Never see any game portray that aspect of it.

* My wish is keep the core game play active like we are used to in Bis series, the open world the tactical approuch just like ArmA2 is now but.

* improvement on death annimations NO RAGDOLL but when you get shot i want to see the unit fal down like in real life if possible.

(I don't want to see a unit blown away 5 6 meters after being shot by a 50 cal its not realistic but hollywood style DONT WANT)

* improvement on pistol annimations, when you draw a pistol no soldier will hang his rifle on hes should he will or trow hes weapon away or the weapon will hang on the rifles cord in front or on hes back belt.

* Apply visual side arms when the unit has a side arm holster add the pistol to the side arm holster the units look unfinished when this is not the case, although when the units loses hes side arm or trows hes side arm away the holstered weapon should not be there (this is just a visual aspect but it adds more then you think)

* Scuba diving it seems they implement this already so im really eager to try that one out.

* Sea battles not sure if we will have some but i will love to see a carrier and some battle ships allong with a sub with arms ( now im dreaming )

* Improved night vission the NVG, i have the feeling that when i looked in the past trough a real NVG this is not how it should be so i am really cerious if they would implement a better version or not.

* Better bullet phisyx and balistics.

* better annimations for cornering shooting from behind walls cars etc, this means that you can peek and shoot without exposing to much of your boddy so you force the AI to suround you even more to get to you :D they might pin you down that hard whoahaha ;)

Now as long they keep the core game play they can implement any future in the game they like.

* improvement on death annimations NO RAGDOLL but when you get shot i want to see the unit fal down like in real life if possible.

(I don't want to see a unit blown away 5 6 meters after being shot by a 50 cal its not realistic but hollywood style DONT WANT).

The Hollywood argument against ragdoll just isn't a valid. Ignore what you've seen in other games, ragdoll just means the body reacts to the impact (if high caliber) and hits the ground as they would in real life, with the weight of a real human in combat gear. That other games have over done it is beside the point.

If you want to argue against ragdoll, you need to discuss the multiplayer and performance implications.

I would like to see;

1. More toolsets for mission builders;

A decent contextual script editor

Better debugging - especially for server only code

Perhaps even a 'run in debug' mode

2. More mission flexibility

An improved task system

more flexible end game system

3. In built mod manager (perhaps integrate the excellent sixupdater).

4. Flexible mod control.

flexible Mod order

on the fly mod removal/addition

Basically make the lives of the mission builders a bit easier!

I wish the possibilty to save multiplayer missions on a dedicated server. Then I could play long missions like Domination or CTI over multiple sessions without to run the dedicated server 24 hours a day.

Furthermore it would be great to have this feature for campaigns, too. First of all the possibility to play a campaign with friends in a multiplayer session on a dedicated server and second to save them and continue next day for example.

The Hollywood argument against ragdoll just isn't a valid. Ignore what you've seen in other games, ragdoll just means the body reacts to the impact (if high caliber) and hits the ground as they would in real life, with the weight of a real human in combat gear. That other games have over done it is beside the point.

If you want to argue against ragdoll, you need to discuss the multiplayer and performance implications.

Daniel you answering with the same fact i was pointing at, the Holywood argument is valid! whether the term is correct or not i will not argue about that, pppft i don't care it is not of my consern! The point: is as valid as you'res that i want to see the boddy reacting when it gets hit in a natural manner. i think that was clear in the post, bit ofcourse no you need to nitpick about the term i use :rolleyes: Djeeses what do i care, can a person form hes opinion from what he knows? or does one individual needs to sound more intelectual all over about everything before he posts hes opinion?

You feel the urge to step in and set people strait? why, maybe it is sometimes good to step back then my opinion is even constructive to the matter as any others. Wheter i sound like a book wurm there is no need to make people look like dumb asses and might offend people, so yeah well don mate :s

Edited by KBourne

Daniel you answering with the same fact i was pointing at, the Holywood argument is valid! whether the term is correct or not i will not argue about that, pppft i don't care it is not of my consern!

the point: is as valid as you'res that i want to see the boddy reacting when it gets hit in a natural manner. i think that was clear in the post, bit ofcourse no you need to nitpick about the term i use :rolleyes: Djeeses what do i care, can a person form hes opinion from what he knows? or does one individual needs to be intelectual all over about everything before he posts hes opinion?

tssst.

You can overdo Ragdoll, but you dont have to. :yay:

Edited by KrAziKilla

You can overdo Ragdoll, but you dont have to. :yay:

Yeah i know, although i can't see the YT movie at this verry moment. i know also a good movie that is not overdoing it also, i believe if i remind correct saving privet rain and a good serie of the same makers of that movie, band of brothers?

love that movie.

kind regards

edit: np mate changed it to :p + added info ;-)

Edited by KBourne
edit yt link

when BIS announced Arma 3 i was very suprised and very, very happy and actually did a happy dance

But i still have some questions\wishes concerning arma 3

• Is Lemnos the only map we will have available in Arma 3 or are there other settings?
  • How compatible is it with Arma 2 ? Will we be able to port models?
  • What are the Factions next to the NATO? And which NATO members will be present in Arma 3?
  • So now that we have PhysX, are we going to see advanced terrain and object destruction and interactive environments?
    Which objects are affected by PhysX?
  • Were you able to accomplish 3d scopes?
  • Is it possible to have some sort of Tesselation on the terrain?
  • Will there still be "classical" units such as the AH-64, M1 Abrams on Arma 3 standard and new features?
  • Are there now more fully modelled vehicle interiors for e.g. tanks?
  • Were effects such as explosions and the sounds reworked?
  • Is it now possible to have caves ingame? Because i imagine comming from an SDV and rising to the surface of a half cave and then infiltrating the area
  • What are the new features? RtT etc...
  • What are the AI fixes and enhancements?
  • is the netcode reworked?

I think at E3 i can get some answers to those questions

oh and concerning ragdoll...

BIS top priority was always and will always be the best solution between fun and realism and they know what they're doing. So an exaggerated Ragdoll would be against their nature. just trust them a little bit

Edited by PurePassion

Daniel you answering with the same fact i was pointing at, the Holywood argument is valid! whether the term is correct or not i will not argue about that, pppft i don't care it is not of my consern! The point: is as valid as you'res that i want to see the boddy reacting when it gets hit in a natural manner. i think that was clear in the post, bit ofcourse no you need to nitpick about the term i use :rolleyes: Djeeses what do i care, can a person form hes opinion from what he knows? or does one individual needs to sound more intelectual all over about everything before he posts hes opinion?

You feel the urge to step in and set people strait? why, maybe it is sometimes good to step back then my opinion is even constructive to the matter as any others. Wheter i sound like a book wurm there is no need to make people look like dumb asses and might offend people, so yeah well don mate :s

I wasn't picking you up on the term. Call it whatever the hell you like for all I care. I was talking about the topic of people being scared that ragdoll will mean over exaggerated deaths. We agree on that, fine. I wasn't being personal.

Just remembered something not in my post on Page 3. How about they let us use anti-cheat in listen servers. It is absolutely unacceptable that listen servers should be forced to deal with hackers when dedicated servers can at least block some of them

I wish realistic storyline, not just something fictive - especially to have it inspired by recent world conflicts (like USA vs Iraq, USA vs Libya) or atleast real maps - mean by when it's part of Libya, then i can go to google maps and locations will be as in game instad of some virtual conflicts on virtual islands.

I wish realistic storyline, not just something fictive - especially to have it inspired by recent world conflicts (like USA vs Iraq, USA vs Libya) or atleast real maps - mean by when it's part of Libya, then i can go to google maps and locations will be as in game instad of some virtual conflicts on virtual islands.

1. the conflicts you are talking about are NATO vs not USA vs in the first place, secondly, there are a lot more of those "existing" conflicts between different other parties besides the almighty USA...

2. The island portrayed in A3 is a REAL one, in the Mediterranean Sea. It is more real than any other islands developed by BIS until now

aren't you already bored of the damn Iraq, Afghanistan conflicts? I know i am, an most likely those poor sods dieing there for no good reason, just the same

1. the conflicts you are talking about are NATO vs not USA vs in the first place, secondly, there are a lot more of those "existing" conflicts between different other parties besides the almighty USA...

2. The island portrayed in A3 is a REAL one, in the Mediterranean Sea. It is more real than any other islands developed by BIS until now

aren't you already bored of the damn Iraq, Afghanistan conflicts? I know i am, an most likely those poor sods dieing there for no good reason, just the same

I meant USA just as an example, i know that there are more countries involved.

Libya can be interesting, or Sarayevo, or other historical conflicts (Wv1,2, Vietnam...)

And island maybe exists, but it's not known location attached to some real conflict.

Would be also better for whole story, because then player would be in role to change (or confirm) the history.

Edited by yarex

Shooting from vehicles is a must. Joint Operations: Typhoon rising had this 8 years ago and implemented awesomely!

Armaholic Arma 3 Wish List <-- a good wish list that was created on 2011-04-09 :cool:

---------- Post added at 16:20 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Shooting from vehicles is a must. Joint Operations: Typhoon rising had this 8 years ago and implemented awesomely!

Yes we need this, as long as it is only used with 1st person, I don't want a GTA/Saints Row driveby experiance :D