Sign in to follow this  
CriminalMinds

Hitman 5: Absolution announced

COPENHAGEN (May 10, 2011) — IO Interactive A/S, part of Square Enix Europe, is pleased to announce HITMAN® ABSOLUTION™, a new game for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Windows PC.

HITMAN ABSOLUTION follows Agent 47™, a cold–blooded assassin, who takes on his most dangerous contract to date. Betrayed by those he once trusted — and now hunted by the police — he suddenly finds himself at the center of a dark conspiracy and must embark on a personal journey through a corrupt and twisted world.

“For the first time we are taking Agent 47 on a personal journey which allows us to explore other parts of the Hitman® fantasy,†said Tore Blystad, game director, IO Interactive. “This is both a familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman games; something our silent assassins will relish, as will all those new to the Hitman world.â€

HITMAN ABSOLUTION will be showcased by invitation only at the upcoming Electronic Entertainment Expo in Los Angeles from June 7–9.

http://release.square-enix.com/na/2011/05/10_01.html

The teaser:

7AGN5DJ7MV4

Please discuss! :)

Edited by CriminalMinds

About time they gave up Kane & Lynch. Let's hope this one does the job proper. :)

Yes you are right! :) But there is one thing that worries me.

“This is both a familiar and yet significantly different experience from other Hitman games; something our silent assassins will relish, as will all those new to the Hitman world.â€

Sounds to me like "consolification" of the game to make it more accessible.

Fuck yes!

As long as they stay true to the original, I will love this game. I still occasionally stealth my way from Silent Assassin to Blood Money, accepting ONLY Silent Assassin ratings. >:|

I remember playing Hitman : Contracts(?) On the PS2 a few years back, was good fun.

Looking foward to this.

That makes it another game that's on everyones "to watch" list.

Has to be YY-MM-DD. I wonder why use such ambiguous format at all, add 2 digits to the year and everyone knows what you're talking about...

Yes , finally the new Hitman coming in :)

I played all hitman games week ago and with sillent assasin title :p

anyway from Hitman 2 - they been on consoles and they are great

Htman, hell yeah. Everytime I´m simply amazed about how much ways there are to kill the target

Hopefully, the combat will be improved upon. Stealth is nice, but sometimes a bloke just wants to blast the shite out of everyone. :D

Has to be YY-MM-DD. I wonder why use such ambiguous format at all, add 2 digits to the year and everyone knows what you're talking about...

So July 6th will be the release date or what? Check out the teaser at 0:21...

Confusing because E3 starts on June 7th.

The game will be revealed at the E3, according to the devs.

You're all wrong. The game was unveiled on June 11th, 2007. :cool:

Lets hope that they don't screw with this title, personally i don't really give a damn about the story of hitman anyway so they can do whatever they seem fit about the story, but gameplay wise is a different thing.

Yeah, the Hitman story was always kind of ridiculous anyway.

Top game right here. Still be playing blood money for the xbox 360, cant wait for the release.

Thank god there's a new one coming out, there's only so many times I can beat blood money on hardest :)

Having said that, I know a lot of people think Silent Assassin was the best hitman, but personally I think Blood Money was. The feel of your character, the inventory, the upgrades, the missions, everything felt really good in Blood Money compared to the previous games.

Thank god there's a new one coming out, there's only so many times I can beat blood money on hardest :)

Having said that, I know a lot of people think Silent Assassin was the best hitman, but personally I think Blood Money was. The feel of your character, the inventory, the upgrades, the missions, everything felt really good in Blood Money compared to the previous games.

Agree on that, Blood Money had more options for inventory, upgrades, and the feel for the game was tops.

I'm a big fan of Contracts - it was like Silent Assassin but darker.

The whole upgrading equipment thing was lost on me, because I only ever used the fibrewire. All I used to purchase was intel.

Glad to see the focus is no longer and kane and lynch, whose awful idea was that anyway.

I remember the second one better because it was a frustrating exercise of trial & error with a good bit of luck involved, but i still liked it.

coldwater.jpg

I think that friend who never returns anything (and when he does its no longer in working condition anyway) borrowed my Hitman gamez :rolleyes: .

Next time we go drinking im going to punch him in the back of the head.