Sign in to follow this  
CriminalMinds

Hitman 5: Absolution announced

I hate it when they say "we are going to make this game more accessible" Usually this means "we are going to dumb it down so much that even a brain dead monkey can play it. WE GET MORE SALES WOOOO"

I've just lowered my expectations from Yay! to Meh.

At best I will be pleasantly surprised :)

If they dumb it down, I will be sorely disappointed.

Getting Silent Assassin ratings was a thing to be savored - a fine art. Timing that fibre grab at the right second, poisoning that drink, dodging those pesky Russians at the right instant, nuking the power and performing open heart surgery in the dark...

...and of course, dropping AP mines in the parade in New Orleans, too. :p

If they dumb it down, I will be sorely disappointed.

Same here, son. If Eidos dumbs it down like what so many other developers do with their once great titles, I too will be disappoint. ;)

Getting Silent Assassin ratings was a thing to be savored - a fine art. Timing that fibre grab at the right second, poisoning that drink, dodging those pesky Russians at the right instant, nuking the power and performing open heart surgery in the dark.

Those damn Silent Assassin ratings, very hard to get. :D

and of course, dropping AP mines in the parade in New Orleans, too.

That was a lot of fun, although the parade deaths didn't count as kills, unfortunately. :(

I don't understand why Hitman has to get more accessible. In my opinion It's not that hard at all - and I don't say it to be arrogant - but really - it depends on how you play. If you want to get Silent Assasin on each and every mission in the game, sure, it will be very hard for most people. But as a matter of fact you're not forced to play like that. You can go rambo if you wish and your character are able to take a lot of damage.

If this game gets more ''accessible'' than the other hitman games - without any options to do otherwise - I won't simply buy it.

And I believe that other people will think in basicly the same terms wich potentially can result loss of the core audience..

I hate how games nowdays has to be accessible just because of money even though It's perfectly logical. The 'cod' audience already got plenty of games to choose from but the 'hardcore' audience doesn't have much to choose from at all - and still all games should appeal to the codies leaving the 'hardcore' audience outside in the cold with nothing just for the sake of making more money.

Edited by Cyper

I don't understand why Hitman has to get more accessible...

Agreed, Blood Money was pretty damn accessible and pretty easy on the lower difficulty settings. You could just gun down everyone easily. They must be designing it with retards in mind this time :butbut:

Well hopefully they don't sacrifice anything on the higher settings.

I'll keep an eye on it but anyone who implies Blood Money was't accessible has me concerned, there was nothing complicated about that game.

Edited by Andre
no more interest

Perfectly said.

Sadly, it is the current general tendancy.

Yeah, it's very sad that some developers sell their games to publishers, like EA,

which dumb them down to make them more accessible.

Of course those games are generating more money, but the devs sold their

heart. And this is something BIS is never going to do and you know why.

They have grown-up,

WITH US, the community.

Edited by CriminalMinds

Edited by Andre
no more interest

Ok, guys. Here is an update!

First ingame pictures (Confirmed):

http://www.gamedot.co.uk/media/2011/06/hitman-absolution-screen1.jpg

http://www.gamedot.co.uk/media/2011/06/hitman-absolution-screen2.jpg

Discussion on hitmanforum.com:

http://www.hitmanforum.com/forum/index.php/topic/53887-new-absolution-screens/

And here is something about the level of difficulty:

Hitman developer IO Interactive has clarified comments made last week suggesting

the next game in the series, Hitman: Absolution, will be easier than past entries.

Last week director Tore Blystad explained that the series' hardcore nature had put off

many consumers in the past, so the development team was now looking to make

the new title more accessible.

Over the weekend, community manager Nick Price took to the game's official messageboards

to calm fears that the studio was dumbing the franchise down.

"The point, which is missed completely by most people who have been alarmed by this one

partial quote, isn't that we want more people to enjoy the game as such - we want people

to enjoy the game more," he wrote.

"Reduce frustration and reloads and such things. Obviously, this will allow more people to

play the game where they would turn it back to the store after two hours because it

became to hard or too punishing too quick. But core fans will be able to enjoy the game the

same way they did earlier."

(Source: Eurogamer)

Greetings

CriminalMinds

Edited by CriminalMinds

That's still a bit worrisome, I considered Hitman: Blood Money to be a cake walk most of the times. :bored:

Then again, that might be due to its very non-dynamic nature. I'm skeptical but it's still worth a look.

Edited by colossus

I also ask myself what is he doing on that pillar? How did he get there? Playing Lara Croft?

These guys needed to see a doctor, they say they are not dumbing down yet the very next things they say is that the game will not as hardcore as the others, which means dumbing it down......oh joy...

Once again. Death to Spies is the really "hardcore" Hitman. Play that if you don't like Absolution, which was only announced.

New Hitman: Absolution E3 2011 CG Trailer

pfRggK3CYbU

Hmm the new Hitman will be more action and less stealth :/

I hope that's only on trailer heh

A lot of the early Blood Money trailers featured a lot of action as well. I wouldn't be too alarmed by that. Stylistically, the trailer seemed pretty cool.

Soooooo is 47 going there to fu......no, erm.....kidnap/kill or save Dianna?:raisebrow:

Edit:

No, seriously, I acturally had through that 47 and Dianna would at some point have some affair happening

http://gigjets.com/05/hitman-5-details-leaked-will-be-known-as-hitman-absolution-teaser-trailer/

Agent 47’s handler, Diana Burnwood will have a “close relationship†with 47 in this upcoming game.
Oh so He is there to fuck her afterall:p
Edited by 4 IN 1

That's still a bit worrisome, I considered Hitman: Blood Money to be a cake walk most of the times. :bored:

Hitman 2 (Silent Assassin) was the most difficult imo, it's been getting easier ever since :mad:

Too much damned violence, but that's just my purist side.

And hell yeah, all the best women are redheads, brah. :don2:

Too much damned violence, but that's just my purist side.

And hell yeah, all the best women are redheads, brah. :don2:

Ain't Dianna have been a redhead since Contract time?:confused:

Ain't Dianna have been a redhead since Contract time?:confused:

If memory serves, you don't see her head in Contracts, only a shoe. :p

...that said, it's been a couple o' months since I finished it.