Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

Zipper was being sarcastic and quoting an early line from CWC.

Uh, I dunno. How about, if it is ArmA 3, you give me your digital watch. It isn't ArmA 3, I'll give you my Mini Lunchman.

good times! :)

Uh, I dunno. How about, if it is ArmA 3, you give me your digital watch. It isn't ArmA 3, I'll give you my Mini Lunchman.

Bye Bye Mini lunchman. ;)

Lets see if Zipper can remember the next line hehe.

@bobtom, very much so.

Use PM if you guys plan on making a bet...

Anyone think the coordinates might have something to do with one of the ArmA/OFP maps?

Use PM if you guys plan on making a bet...

Anyone think the coordinates might have something to do with one of the ArmA/OFP maps?

They're not actually making a bet. When someone brought up the OFP Subject, Zipper repeated an early line from CWC, and the joke carried on.

Anyway, Perhaps the peices will come together during the next 'hack'

Though, I applaude BIS for putting this all together (Assuming this isn't an actual hack, or it would be twice as funny)

This has already gone leaps and bounds past VALVe's "ARG" :D

Classic. :D

Army Day in Iran did show off some really new stuff this year...

index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=6193;preview

The Zulfiqar

And I don't even...

index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=6155;preview

index.php?action=media;sa=media;in=6156;preview

Looks interesting...

Army Day in Iran did show off some really new stuff this year...

is there another place we can view those pictures?

edit: nvm

Edited by Capt. Sand
nvm

what about the hackers name... r3dp3ga5u5 = Red Pegasus.

Snippet on wiki

" Gastovski retired from military service, opening a small civilian airline company on Malden called 'Pegasus Air Taxis'"

Again points to Malden...

is this guy something or just a jerk spaming nosense? because he is only spaming that file link and he is not even banned yet or receive a warning about spaming

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?u=78292

We are monitoring his actions closely which is why we haven't done anything. Could be just a copycat though.

Analysis of CIA Cryptonyms from "Phase 5" Map

So I had not realized until today that MKSEARCH was, in fact, the new name of the MKULTRA program. With that in mind, it seems like a fair bet that this is a page from a CIA intelligence estimate. Judging by the top of the page, it is regarding an operation codenamed "SDREAM", presumably an operation to do something unpleasant to the Iranians (if SD is the diagraph for Iran, and 'ream' is taken to have metaphorical significance).

Finally, the bottom indicates the source of the intelligence: SDDUSTER (perhaps the CIA codename for Iran's own operation in the region), via LCIGNITE. Presuming LC is the diagraph representing China, this would perhaps indicate a Chinese captive was interrogated under the MKSEARCH program. I am making a bit of an assumption with the last part.

But the addendum saying "ref. to p. 215-248; reliability disputable - SDREAM #000019" is beyond me. At first I thought perhaps it implied that the intel was gathered through some form of torture, rendering it unreliable. But this is not something I have any faith in whatsoever.

We are monitoring his actions closely which is why we haven't done anything. Could be just a copycat though.

Cute. :p

Sorry to repeat this, but there's been confusion due to using incorrect terminology regarding www.arma3.com

The site may very well have been originally created by someone who does NOT work for Bohemia, hence the disclaimer. That means nothing.

www.arma2.com has only ONE registar (Bohemia got it first, and have kept it, Mark Spanel ain't going anywhere soon)

www.arma3.com has had THREE registrars. Therefore ownership has most likely changed. Considering it was last updated 20th April, same date that www.arma4.com was registered, and almost same dates all this ARG stuff started being created... a little too coincidental?

Anyone want to bet it's not ArmA3, for the odds to be even, you must guess at what it will be (you can't say I bet it will be anything BUT ArmA3 as that is not an even bet).

From what I can tell, all these little hints and clues only give us bread crumbs. Nothing concrete, nothing really very rewarding. I think they are all just hints at to what is going to be included in ArmA3 (storyline, location, units, etc). The real 'prize' is knowing that it's ArmA3 and it's ETA.

P.S: BIS started with 2 employees, and had 8 when OFP was released. They are now 140 staff so they have more mouths to feed which means they 'can' create sequels in shorter time-frames, and they 'must', so they can pay staff. BIS blew us away with OFP, not so much with A1 or A2, so time to repeat their original success with A3. I'm not underestimating them this time.

Edited by Freeborne

I think there was some conjecture over what SD and LC actually mean in CIA code as they seem to be used in things with no relation to China or Iran, but I've got no real idea.

Side note, the Red Pegasus or "Flying Red Horse" as they call it is the symbol for Mobil. From what I remember they got that symbol from the Magnolia building in Dallas. There was always an argument over whether they should call it a "flying red horse" or a "red pegasus" because the Pegasus from Greek mythology was always portray as a white flying horse.

Not sure if any of this has any relation, but it kind of raises the question of why the hacker was called "Red Pegasus" and not Pegasus or white Pegasus.

The reason could be in support of the co-ordinates theory in that they needed the "red" part to give them the extra word that allows them to put up the coords for Iran and China.

Of coruse there's also the link with Red being related to both China and Russia.

;1919761']

I guess he did not want to read through 4000+ threads to catch up... lol

Edited by gonk

Prepare your anuses fellas.

btw if anything of tonights hack involves asses, it was purely coincidental.

it won't .... probably only involves numerals like 455.

Then, what if his spaming mean something then? maybe the number of messages, the number of those post or the tittle of the topic, whatever?

countdownx.jpg

On the Armaenigma wiki.

Maybe nothing...

Nah, it does that everytime time is running out...So it's nothing you're right

I saw that too, hehe, maybe it's just a bug in the timer?