Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

I don't ever remember sounds from COD, I didn't finished this crap.

But did you download any good sound mod to ArmA? Try one and you understand.

Do you want to compare sound with some real guns, please whatch movies of this guy http://www.youtube.com/user/FPSRussia#p/u/21/8O_bHR3BmTY he is testing lot of modern guns.

Also cars, APCs, Tanks, helicopters and jets also have poor sounds.

Thanks for the clip but I already know a lot of the guns in OFP/ArmA from first hand experience.

I didn't say that the stock sounds are the best ever, I was just concerned about your expression "thundering sound"... Especially when it comes to pistols and rifles it's important not to overdo it. Thus turning it into COD's "boom boom!"...

Sorry all for the off topic route me and mant3z have taken you on.

*edit*

Epic page number :D

Edited by ]NTRUDER
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-iRf9AWoyE

There are two types of players :) one sees bugs as barriers, one sees bugs as obstacles.

There is three

Someone who just overlooks the bugs and plays the game like they are not there (me :D)

Sorry all for the off topic route me and mant3z have taken you on.

From yesterday this is one big off topic, today after 15:30 we will have here mass orgazm or mass suicides ;D

There is three

Someone who just overlooks the bugs and plays the game like they are not there (me )

How can I became your pupil master? ;)

Edited by mant3z

today after 15:30 we will have here mass orgazm or mass suicides ;D

There will be both. I guarantee it, no matter what the announcement is.

From yesterday this is one big off topic, today after 15:30 we will have here mass orgazm or mass suicides ;D

Or maybe both. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

cj

Or Mass rioting. People taking up Forks and Torches, going to the CZ and demonstrating in Front of the BIS office :p

From yesterday this is one big off topic

True that, I was just being polite to the rest of the thread junkies :)

*edit*

Or maybe both. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

cj

Extra points for the subtle Pantera reference! :yay:

Edited by ]NTRUDER

Well we can do mass riot in Czech, they've got legal weed like in Netherlands :D

There will be both. I guarantee it, no matter what the announcement is.

Yes. Expectations are always different. Some even are unrealistic. :)

Also: Haters are gonna hate...

But I'm sure that I'll not be in the suicidal group! ;)

Btw. the active member count has been slowly dropping since the hacking game stopped:

Active Members: 4,973

It was over 4990 last time I looked. I wonder what it will be after BI's announcement... :D

I would say we will have a new Forum record during the announcement. I` curious if the Forum will just crash....

nooo dont say that lol! everyone will suicide then haha

But imagine that, all those people that are eagerly waiting to see what this all was about, and then the forum just crashes... Somehow I'm glad that I will be at work then....

Past 10 years I've played only OFP,ARMA, CIV and GTA... I hate games like COD, BF, Crysis etc I've tried those but comeone, there is One word for those... CRAP!

A bit harsh, don't you think? Some games are just pass-times. CoD certainly is one of those. It isn't ARMA, but it isn't crap either. I know it's hip to bash it, and it certainly deserves some of the bashing it gets, but several million players playing it does mean there is something about it.

Past 10 years I struggle with exactly the same bugs, despite I love this product you can really piss of after so many years suffering and struggle.
I would call my experience with Operation Flashpoint, ARMA and ARMA 2 everything but "suffering" and "struggle".

Sure, sometimes I yell at it when the AI is stuck behind a wall or in a house, or if (like I had yesterday) the game just crashes (yeah, crash files for Dwarden are being prepared), but in general the game runs reasonably well, more so after the last few patches.

A few parts of the engine would do well with an overhaul (the animation system comes to mind), and a few more special effects with DX10 support would be nice. I'd love to see smoke and dust being blown around and vortexed by helicopter rotors, but in general, the RV engine is great for exactly what it is used for right now. It delivers a realistic depiction of your surrounding - in fact, when I saw my first screenshot of ARMA 2 (the water tank next to some shed) I thought it was a photo, and so did everybody that I showed it to.

Regardless of what they are going to announce (zomg it's only six hours left, and of course exactly today I am not going to be within reach of a computer :() I am quite sure I'll be happy about it if it relates to ARMA. I don't need Outerra. I don't need a new engine. I just want to continue to have the same kind of experience I had when I started to play Operation Flashpoint, just, well, maybe with more shiny glowing cows ;-)

I played Arma 2 on Release, Yes there were bugs, but I didn't experience really serious Problems

EDIT: Post Number 6666, I'm a Legend!

At 15:30, on the 19th of May, 2011: BRIX WILL BE SHAT.

I would say we will have a new Forum record during the announcement. I` curious if the Forum will just crash....

If people post here will will probably get 500 posts in 5 minutes lol

shiny glowing cows

Thanks to remind me, I forgot about this... epic fail ;)

There is likely to be a wave of posts here leading up to 15:30, just like during the early stages of the ARG. Remember when we were waiting for Unuldor to get back from his treasure hunt and show us the pics of what he found? New page every minute.

I expect it will be like that. :)

I don't think BIS want a mass suicide on their hands. It'd wreck their customer base.

Remember when we were waiting for Unuldor to get back from his treasure hunt and show us the pics of what he found? New page every minute.

hell yeah! HE is the LEGEND of the forum, going out there and everyone was doing f5f5f5f5f5f5 zomg f5f5f5f5f5 where is he, crap!! f5f5f5f5f5 :D

I expect it will be like that. :)

I expect nothing less to be honnest ;)

kind regards

hell yeah! HE is the LEGEND of the forum, going out there and everyone was doing f5f5f5f5f5f5 zomg f5f5f5f5f5 where is he, crap!! f5f5f5f5f5 :D

Good times!! Had a lot of fun here with you 'hack thread veterans' :)

i think after ten years with good old RV engine its not to unrealistic to get a new engine or heavily modified RV engine.

for example the elder scrolls series is getting a entirely new engine after morrowind and oblivion (after 10 years), the GTR series gets new engine for GTR3 (after 1000++ games released with gtr1 engine).

the new engine for the elder scrolls skyrim and GTR3 has pretty much the same problem as it would be for arma 3 -- the modding community.

BIS is a very comunity friendly developer, but do you realy think they wouldnt/shouldnt use new engine just because some modders would have to learn again?!

NTRUDER;1927580']Good times!! Had a lot of fun here with you 'hack thread veterans' :)

I bet this will not be the last time we will have one' date=' i hope. On the one side i love to know what it is all about but on the other hand this was ([i']IS[/i]) a epic ARG thread. :D

You all saw what they did with the community ;) thats what bis is all about :yay:

Edited by KBourne

i think after ten years with good old RV engine its not to unrealistic to get a new engine or heavily modified RV engine.

for example the elder scrolls series is getting a entirely new engine after morrowind and oblivion (after 10 years), the GTR series gets new engine for GTR3 (after 1000++ games released with gtr1 engine).

the new engine for the elder scrolls skyrim and GTR3 has pretty much the same problem as it would be for arma 3 -- the modding community.

BIS is a very comunity friendly developer, but do you realy think they wouldnt/shouldnt use new engine just because some modders would have to learn again?!

Here is the ironic part about your statement. It IS unrealistic for them to make a new engine.

Everybody seems to forget about that "Take On: Helicopters" game. You know.. the one with the upgraded RV3 engine that will propagate upgrades/features/changes to the [rest of?] ArmAverse.

First, why would 1 developer want to use two completely different engines for development at the same time? But most importantly, do you really think Ondrej will give up his baby (Real Virtuality) for something fresh for the COD kiddies that seem to be filtering over here?

Edited by WackyIraqi