Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

do you know the difference between website and domain?

and no, you are not the only only, as it is empty

Yes I know,

however the question was how long do you need to set up the website like the one named arma3com,

about the second part, my previous post is crossed out sorry

froggyluv: Depends for who... I would have to convert 4 islands, well 5 :) lol.

I tbh, do not want arma 3 until like 2013 (earliest). So if they are announcing that and not an ArmA 2 expansion, then please make it come out in 2013.

All of our addon makers will have to port their stuff over and plus ArmA 3's release will PROBABLY be comparable to ArmA 2's release... and we all remember how "playable" that was.

I dont think its going to be ArmA 3, its too soon i can count on that! ArmA 3 will be a massive if not huge undertaking with all of the devleopers of all the studios they own taking part in it i would think to get the biggest bestest results.. but as you know devs who worked on ArmA / ArmA 2 etc are now on projects such as Take on etc amonst other things.. if anything i say Expansion/DLC.. ArmA 2 still has a lot of growing room left :)

Yes I know,

however the question was how long do you need to set up the website like the one named arma3com,

about the second part, my previous post is crossed out sorry

If BIS have already developed the site (and purchased the domain) then they could launch it on very short notice with their web host...

Dare we hope??? :yay:

That said I'm expecting an expansion pack tomorrow not A3, which I imagine is going to be released around summer 2012.

Either way I'm happy :D

Edited by SW1

I think it's funny how the last few hundred pages has been about Arma3 or Outera, or other engines, etc...

What does any of those have to do with all the clues? We have totally disregarded all of the clues and this whole p8h8 thing and started getting ourselves hyped about arma3 and that other stuff that had nothing to do with all those clues. The clues have been about people and places and timelines and history, not about game engines.

If it is Arma3, what does the clues have to do with it? And if it is 3, you will all be disappointed to find out it will still be months if not years before you can get your hands on it.

So from the clues, why would it mean Arma3?

To me it would seem like whatever they have been building up the clues to would be something they would release in the near future. Or why bother hyping us up at all. If it was 3 I would guess they might say they have started working on it, then when they have a release date, then they would promote it like this. That's just my opinion.

But last comment, when they released OA and BAF and PMC, didn't they show video of their entire team working on those things? I remember video interviews that were done showing how few people they had and how hard they were working on those expansions. I don't see how those guys could put together 3 in the short time they stopped that.

UNLESS, arma2 was their testing ground for arma3. Even so, that is fast turn over of games, arma2 has alot of money to still be made. EA and Dice would stand to learn something from this small team putting out a new game every 2 years WITH constant support. They get BF2 out, don't support it, then nearly ten years later BF3.

Whatever it is BI, Arma rules!!

ArmA 3 does make sense

RFT means the end of DLC's

CO must mean no more expansion packs

A3 channel on youtube

ArmA3.com is now down

I'm really excited

Edited by ArmAriffic

CO must mean no more expansion packs

Who so? CO is just ARMA 2 plus Arrowhead, and was sold as a bundle only on Sprocket IIRC. You could buy it on Steam but that was essentially just the two games.

I don't see how CO equates no more expansions :confused:

We have also received information confirming what the Bohemia Interactive community, very concerned about these attacks, suspected: the attacks are in connection with an upcoming announcement of a kind on Thursday 15:30, 19 May, 2011 CEST.

:D

RFT means the end of DLC's

|

What evidence is there to support this claim? If there is any I must have missed it.

At the risk of asking a stupid question, what's RFT?

|

What evidence is there to support this claim? If there is any I must have missed it.

There is none, and you should have got used to this sort sort of...logics(?) in this thread by now.

No worries, you are not the only one who is :butbut: about this neuronal phenomena

RFT-Reinforcements (BAF+PMC content + campaign and missions using latest OA engine version)

Edited by PuFu

Least I didn't get a stupid answer. :o

And in that case I can see ArmAriffic's thinking. Why bundle two DLCs together if you plan to release more?

Because the community wanted the DLCs on disc so they can have a hard copy.

Perhaps, since RFT comes with a lite version of OA, so when people play the OA MP missions using the lite content with their friends, it might serve as advertizing to get the full pack.

There are many likely reasons as to why they packed RFT on disc. The only real reason you can divine from that point and that point only is that they felt it would be beneficial to their business to do so in the short term or the long term. I'm not saying that RFT is the last DLC they're doing for ArmA 2 / OA. All I'm saying is there is no good reason to believe that it is either way.

Edited by Max Power

Because the community wanted the DLCs on disc so they can have a hard copy.

Yea but you don't do that if you're going to release more, what would that end up at? Reinforcements Reloaded on the 3rd DLC? I don't think so, that would be ridiculous.

Similiary I don't think there's another Expansion, why would you fragment the community with so many different games. It's already hard enough to play with people as is (some of my friends have ArmA2 and can't run OA, others have OA but don't care for Arma2 itself, etc. so it's hard to find maps and mods to play with them if they don't have Combined Ops running, a third Expansion would only make it worse I think)

There is none, and you should have got used to this sort sort of...logics(?) in this thread by now.

No worries, you are not the only one who is :butbut: about this neuronal phenomena

I guess if creativity is lateral thinking, this must be unilateral thinking ^_^

Identify a rhetorical end and create premises to support it.

Yea but you don't do that if you're going to release more, what would that end up at? Reinforcements Reloaded on the 3rd DLC? I don't think so, that would be ridiculous.

Why would they do that? OA comes with RFT lite anyways. Why wouldn't they just create a new DLC pack and refer it back to OA with another iteration of OA lite?

Edited by Max Power

Well im off to bed and you can guarantee that when im work tomorrow the customers will be coming last! i will be glued to the BIS site and fourms :D

Well im off to bed and you can guarantee that when im work tomorrow the customers will be coming last! i will be glued to the BIS site and fourms :D

Same No revision for my exam on friday just glued to the Bi fourm lmao!

Remember that they have 140 staff !!! That is a lot of keyboard bashing !

Why would it be ridiculous? Your missing 2 points. Putting Reinforcements on a disc = more $ for BI. Besides people that couldn't DLC it, how many people bought the DLC also bought Reinforcements? ALOT. You forget the point of this entire game. Make money!

Second, they don't need to screw around with BAF or PMC anymore. So there will be no more Reinforcements reloaded. It will be entirely seperate.

If you look at the clues:

Maybe the next expansion for Arma2 will be "Guerillas". There was alot of mention to that in the clues.

I thought that as well. The only RFT I could think of is from when I used to stack pallets at Smithkline Beechams (as it was then).

RFT = Right First Time - Not likely, either then or now ;)