Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

ArmA 2 site hacked

The intersection just east of Spukayev's house is a better candidate. To me it appears that the RL terrain doesn't have a primary road, but is dirt. And the RL terrain doesn't have dirt path leading north, unlike the area just east ;)

... It could be that they are releasing hints now and will continue to do so until they have completed a new update for the Arma2 game in which they could have made changes to the land to store that first hint. Who knows? It could be the beginning of a scavenger hunt across BIS islands. ...

Maybe they added some kind of "terrain destruction" into the engine. Red Faction anyone? :)

Edited by WackyIraqi

How I said before, I can get there this weekend, but faster players are welcome.

I want live feed of you digging there! xD

Just kidding...

I'm gonna be surprised if there is something to find, though...

But also this looks like "next level" - we were too good at computer/web riddles so BIS gave us some RL stuff (if there will be some fire support/infiltration behind enemy lines/csar needed at some stage, I'm all in! :D)

The intersection just east of Spukayev's house is a better candidate. To me it appears that the RL terrain doesn't have a primary road, but is dirt. And the RL terrain doesn't have dirt path leading north, unlike the area just east ;)

Well we need to be sure of the location because explaning why you're digging all around town to the cops might be a bit tricky :D

EDIT: Just because there is a paved road in game doesn't mean that there has to be one in the real location, BIS changed some roads to make them fit in to the game better.

Edited by -Martin-

Well we need to be sure of the location because explaning why you're digging all around the town to the cops would be a bit tricky :D

since when is it illegal to dig holes? D:

also, watch out for BIS employee snipers around there :V

Well we need to be sure of the location because explaning why you're digging all around the town to the cops would be a bit tricky :D

I can make some diversion! Like blow up somthing on the other end of town - just give me time to fuel the choppers and assemble my team! :D

also, watch out for BIS employee snipers around there :V

I can handle that too. ;]

Geez... My imagination is stronger than me... xD

42hours would mean it was already planned before the downing arma2.com, this, AAN announcement and screenshots leads to think that it's something BIS wants to get our attention to :)

and as always my arms are wide open for BIS stuff ;)

P.S. someone should make a countdown timer, from the very first second of the downage.

Edited by Gedis

Too bad I can't get there sooner than next weekend. There is no straight highway following that direction and it would take me whole day to get there and back through the net of the not-so-good local roads. I hope somebody will be faster so I won't have to race against defcon93 on Saturday (forget Friday night - BEER) :)

And nope, cops won't give a damn about someone digging somewhere, I believe they have no reason to be jumpy in this country and they dont even hang around settlements of this size :)

Edited by MilanCZ

Still there is possibility of BISnipers around the place - and they could be extremly dangerous! xD

And nope, cops won't give a damn about someone digging somewhere, I believe they have no reason to be jumpy in this country and they dont even hang around settlements of this size.

Yeah, in CZ you're lucky if you see a cop in the centre of a city on a nice sunny day, at least in my city its like that :biggrin:

Too bad I can't get there sooner than next weekend. There is no straight highway following that direction and it would take me whole day to get there and back through the net of the not-so-good local roads. I hope somebody will be faster so I won't have to race against defcon93 on Saturday (forget Friday night - BEER) :)

And nope, cops won't give a damn about someone digging somewhere, I believe they have no reason to be jumpy in this country and they dont even hang around settlements of this size :)

Yes yes yes yes..why should they care if you bring a shovel out to some remote area and you explaining it's a case of the unsolved video game....

Just be sure to don THIS!

poirot.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

let it be ep2 :pray:

+1 :)

maybe codies are just jealous

response to using original sound files for cwr2? no way...

Haha nice one :)

But seriously, this is not how it works here. I guess you are from US. Our police, jurisdiction etc. is totally different story than yours. It's hard to explain. I don't mean to offend them, but they can't do sh*t and you can talk your way out of most situations when they bother you. Btw geocaching is very popular here, so that's already one excuse. Crime level is pretty low in most areas so they don't suspect people with shovel to be killers getting rid of evidence. I remember burying our hunting dog in a forest at his favourite spot, carrying shovel and big plastic bag with body in it, walking through suburbs, forest and nobody gave a damn. I bet I would be already busted in UK for animal torture, not being environmental friendly, carrying knife, concealed handgun and maybe even for possession of plastic fork. Some of local policemen are friends of mine and from what they say, they carry guns just because they must. There was even a case of an assaulted patrol not carrying extra or fully loaded mags because of weight.

Damn, too much offtopic.

On topic: Bingo! I have a friend who lives near this place, he could get it. I'll contact him as soon as he's available.

Edited by MilanCZ

You all still belive BIS would actually put something in the physical location there? haha :D

If there IS something there, i'll give whoever found it a fiver. :p

I bet I would be already busted in UK for animal torture, not being environmental friendly, carrying knife, concealed handgun and maybe even for possession of plastic fork

Getting busted by the cops in the UK is harder than getting your mother in law in to an old peoples home lol. (no offence to any mother in laws on this forum ;) )

They would probably stop and search you while you provide them with a fake name and address and then apologise to you.

On topic: Bingo! I have a friend who lives near this place, he could get it. I'll contact him as soon as he's available.

Nice one good.gif BIS devs are probably laughing their asses off if they know nothing is buried there.

Edited by -Martin-

(no offence to any mother in laws on this forum ;) )

0:49 and day made, thank you.

Haha sorry I was joking a bit, I meant I would definitely get some attention. :) Anyways the point is that I can dig a trench and only person who's gonna complain is forester about it being dangerous for wildlife. (happened to me)

And if needed, I can mobilise my friend who owns a little company consisting of two excavators, so the mentioned BIS snipers can provide the devs with some really fun news. Though this kind of digging might get some attention after some time when mayor of nearby town finds out that there's a freaking crater in the countryside.

Edited by MilanCZ

I'd have a scout around first. If it really is just Placebo sat on a deckchair with some BIS merchandise, the excavators probably won't be necessary.

I'd have a scout around first. If it really is just Placebo sat on a deckchair with some BIS merchandise, the excavators probably won't be necessary.
We better send out recon patrols there to sentry the area the next week 24hours a day 7 days a week.

Anyone here with access to up to date satelite images?

Edited by Beagle

You all still belive BIS would actually put something in the physical location there? haha :D

If there IS something there, i'll give whoever found it a fiver. :p

Better to someone at BIS to sneak there tonight and put something there, cause s#!t just got serious... :w: Wait 42 hours is WAY too much naow.

PS:

codemasters staff == Codies.

BIS Staff == ??

Bissies?Bees? :j:

What would we do if it turns out to be a note pointing to some remote location in Iran?

it is an iranian hacker group after all...

Anyone here with access to up to date sattelite images?

Not of that part of the world...:(

@MilanCZ - When does the expedition begin or are we waiting for an update from the hax0rz? lol

Like Undeceived said, take a camcorder!

Man I wish I was over there!!

And yeah, the last paragraph in the AAN article is pretty interesting. Seems to suggest we need to go dig holes ;D!

Edited by Grub

We better send out recon patrols there to sentry the area the next week 24hours a day 7 days a week.

Anyone here with access to up to date satelite images?

Just get some Predators airborne for 24/7 surveillance.