Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead & Reinforcements, version 1.59 - Patch released

My observations have nothing to do with STEAM, if that is ok. We are running Domination (Xenoslast official I think) on our servers. Noone that I am aware of have had any problems with the new Patch. Thanks BIS.

However I did notice a couple of things. 1) The translucent grass/bushes (already addressed further back) 2) Dissapearing vehicles. No, not the normal derez types. Two examples: Enemy armoured patrol driving through an AO that has just been captured. We nock out a tank but an M113 tries to speed away. I take aim with a MAAW as it passes behind a building making the noise an M113 does. Suddently it is deathly quite. I venture over and NO M113. Gone.

Second incident, today. A memeber of my team and I were flying a Little Bird and we came under fire. I jumped and survived but the chopper derezzed beneath my partner and he fell to his death. No explosion or crator or smoke. Just gone.

Is this possible an incompatability between Domination and the new patch?

Hey all.Any tips on getting it to work on my system?

Its all Steam and combined ops with both British and PMC DLC.

Steam failed and the update I loaded manualy says "the game was not found or corrupt" after it extracts files. It then loads the PMC and British updates with one PMC.bpo file that errors during install.

I tried to shut auto update off on steam with every ARMA title but still no luck after manualy installing.

It still shows 1.57 in bottom corner and I can't place a plane on the carrier and notice no other differences yet.

Some files were shown in ARMA2oa so It seems its trying to install but will not.

Just be sure you're aware there's no 1.59 for steam to auto-update to if that's what you were trying to do at any point.

Try the following, and I apologize if you already attempted this and stated so in your post but it was kinda hard to follow on what exactly you did:

My suggestion is to do an integrity check on all ArmA2 related software (ArmA2, OA, and the DLC's) then once everything is secure, run them all at least once to ensure everything is alright while at 1.57. Afterwards, individually turn off the auto-update for all ArmA2 related software, close Steam, and then run the 1.59 patch you downloaded from one of the mirrors on the first post of this topic. Once the 1.59 installs, open the game without Steam, you'll probably have to use a launcher to do this since it's the Steam version, I recommend using Spirited Machines launcher if you don't already have it. Link for it is here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8241

Hopefully you shouldn't have any issues after this, and if you do have any issues, I recommend chicken's blood and the finger bones of a Pygmy tribal elder to summon demonic vapors to enter your pc tower and make the pc work the way you want it do.

And as always... use the search function in here. These kind of "problems" have been talked about many times before.

Youre replying to a post where I reply to someone saying I got it working, telling me how to do what I just said I did... Then telling me to use the search function to find out what I already know? :yay:

Here is my two pence worth on the 1.59patch.

Firstly updates are much appreciated and while it as always has improved on things, the new vegetation rendering is a miss in my opinion. Scenery in Chernarus now looks like it has been painted by Bob Ross in under a minute.:(

Grass looks fantastic though, also Takistan has mostly benefited from this. But I prefer to play on Chernarus as I think it is your best map created so far and this sort of ruins it for me.

Cheers

Mik

Was something changed with the cargospace of vehicles in this patch? Because weapons i added via addweaponcargo to the takistani motorcycle are not present ingame.

Other vehicles work.

I was expecting Episode Three to come out first.

Edited by maturin

I just wanted to say that in my opinion, the change to AI movement behavior when commanded by a player is not a fix to the issue it purports to resolve, but rather a workaround which is detrimental to the current gameplay. If i have a few of my squad members assigned to team red, and tell team red to move somewhere in "DANGER" mode, I want them to use all the covering they bloody well can to take care of the movement without any micromanagement from me. This worked extremely well.

If I were to do the same now, they would simply run out into the open and get shot up without anybody doing a thing about it if I understand the patch notes correctly. I do not like this at all.

I was expecting Episode Three to come out first.

This.

About damn time. :mad:

Gap between Episode 2 and Episode 3 = 3 years and counting

Gap between retail 1.59 and Steam 1.59 = 11 days

I understand the point you were trying to get across, but Christ, choose a better example next time.

Gap between Episode 2 and Episode 3 = 3 years and counting

Gap between retail 1.59 and Steam 1.59 = 11 days

I understand the point you were trying to get across, but Christ, choose a better example next time.

It was appropriate as a reference to Valve Time. And since Steam is run by Valve, it also spreads the blame out a little.

What is ATOC? What setting will provide the best performance? BIwiki doesn't say much.

Edited by maturin

What is ATOC?

Some kind of special antialiasing for grass, bushes and trees. Looks very nice (in my opinion) but can eat a lot of performance on some cards. My GTX285 couldn't keep up with the highest setting, so I had to lower it (turning it off for grass does wonders), but my shiny new GTX560 handles it very well. :)

What setting will provide the best performance? BIwiki doesn't say much.

0 = best performance (no AToC)

7 = worst performance, but arguably better visuals (max AToC)

Check the different values in the BIKI and see what works best for you. As stated above, I would recommend disabling it for grass if you want a good compromise between performance and visuals.

Edited by MadDogX

Any news concerning the new sign tools ?

Quoting myself...

Xeno

With the last patch we need to open th stupid steam again? is there a way to do not open it?

With the last patch we need to open th stupid steam again? is there a way to do not open it?

please explain?

No need to run Steam before launching the game anymore?

yay!

No need to run Steam before launching the game anymore?

yay!

that was possible already with 1.57 :D

Not here sir. :butbut:

Thats why I sticked so much time with the betas. :bounce3:

please explain?

Im open the game with a laucher and it also open Steam, but before that, some errors appears, PCM something

EDIT: nvm, I use Verify Integrity on the PMC DLC. now is OK

Edited by SpetS15

that was possible already with 1.57 :D

Can someone teach me how to do it? Run CO without starting Steam?

Is it the _runA2CO.cmd thing?:confused: