Sign in to follow this  
Darkhorse 1-6

If A War Were To Break-out...

I agree with you 100%. While I have much more firearms experience than the average civilian, it means nothing compared to actual military training... which I have none. ;)
It is more about the fact that the single individual does not really count in military procedures. personal firearms or how good you are on a range in peacetime conditions do not play a big role in a full blown war.

"we are the borg resistance is futile"

resistance is never futile. resistance is victory.

or seeing it from another perspective; resistance is death and failure. Just another possibility.

Not sure what I would do. In the event of a robotic alien invasion that was just here to wipeout humanity I would definitely fight. Then again they would probably just throw an asteroid into the planet.

Anything short of that comes down to circumstances though. Guerrilla warfare around me would not be ideal. There are woods but there aren't very many of them and everything west of here is pretty much just open farmland. Everything north, south, and east is suburbs. Although since I live in the middle of our country I suppose I would have plenty of time to figure it out. I would be more likely to act as a spy than anything else probably.

Hmm... if taking or raising up arms helps against invaders - why not? Must it be precisely timed eg nationwide flashmob or can everybody just do it like he or she feels comfortable? :D

Hmm... if taking or raising up arms helps against invaders - why not? Must it be precisely timed eg nationwide flashmob or can everybody just do it like he or she feels comfortable? :D
You can see how well this works out in A-stan. hey look at it from a differten angle: I'm german, we got invaded and occupied.

Maybe the chinese will safe the USA from itself one day and lead it into a better future under chinese occupation ;)

If you can't ride the dragon let the dragon ride you :)

Resistance is stupid sometimes and just makes you suffer more.

Edited by Beagle

Any war waged, is a war lost by all sides involved!

If you can't ride the dragon let the dragon ride you :)

I'd say the exact contrary, but hey, i'm French and we got invaded and occupied :rolleyes:

Any war waged' date=' is a war lost by all sides involved![/quote']

Some more than others.

I wanted to get away from the seriousness and dread of the Libyan thread, and I thought of a legitimate question. (First time for everything :D)

Would you, as a gamer (excluding active/reserve/retired/national guard military personnel who prowl these forums. Just civilians or "Realism National Guard"smen :p) take up arms if a war were to break out in your country?

It doesn't matter who/what/where etc. just a plain old fashioned invasion/ civil war/rebellion. Red Dawn style, "Tomorrow when the war began" style, "Invasion" (Book by Eric L. Harry) style, Homefront style, it doesn't matter.

Would you become a rebel/guerrilla/soldier if the need arose?

If war were to break out in America in the sense of Red Dawn, Eric L. Harry Invasion, or Homefront then yeah I would.

If however you're asking if the second American Civil War started would I take up arms that's an unfair question to ask someone because unlike an invasion of america where politics don't mean much, in a civil war they mean everything, but I'll try to answer the question.

It would be a matter of who was more right, the rebels or the government. If the government was being ran by some nut job who was trying to turn America into a police state then I would fight against the government(No Obama or Bush don't count as nutjobs). If however the rebels were a bunch of right wing militias who finally got their balls up then I would take great pleasure in squashing them like the roaches they are.

or seeing it from another perspective; resistance is death and failure. Just another possibility.

What happend to your motivation guys?

Land of the free, home of the brave or what?

For this reason, there are 400 million guns in the united state. You can't defed an armed population.

Land of the laws, home of the slaves. Edited by Minutemen

There is NO enemy but politicians.. They always say they serve the needs of their nation's populations, but hardly ever truly do so once they're put in place!!

Edited by Thani '82
Edited this out, as it made me angry as I wrote it.. People gonna dumbly object to it as usual anyways, so sweet dreams all.

Finland and conscription. So yeah, I guess I would take up arms :) In a sense I will, in a couple of years.

I'd take as many of the bastards down with me as possible.

Or greet them with open arms, depends whether they're invaders or liberators.

Got to play these things by ear. :p

Really depends on the conditions I'd say. If it was right now, maybe, since I don't have a family and such. I'd imagine it gets tougher as you get older. The principle of the war would also matter a lot to me.

What happend to your motivation guys?

Land of the free, home of the brave or what?

For this reason, there are 400 million guns in the united state. You can't defed an armed population.

Land of the laws, home of the slaves.

It has something to do with not thinking that America is the holy grail of countries. I'm one of those people who holds every life equal to every other. I also don't believe that our government or system is that great. I would actually be much more likely to defend Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, or Finland than I would this country and probably a few others. That being said, I would try to prevent war crimes and crimes against humanity no matter where I was or who I was with or against. And who knows, maybe during an invasion I would see things differently but the above is where I stand right now. Although some may find this sad, I give a lot of credit to BI for my morals in regards to armed conflict and government. They didn't shape all of my beliefs but I have learned a lot from the games and things that it has led me to research as well as the people here. I'm incredibly happy I'm not one of those CoD/Halo/MoH/other generic shooter fanboys who go "I love war and want to go shoot people I've never met and fail to realize are pretty much in the exact same situation as me but on the other side". Although I do enjoy Halo's campaigns. I don't think you have to play those games or that all people who play those games are exactly like that but from my experience at school and work a lot of them are.

Edited by Jakerod

There isn't the remotest chance in hell that I would go to war to save my countries political system or worse... export it to some other poor bastards.

Queen and country might tempt me however.

No politics here guys. The question is simply would you fight, or stay neutral. :D

@Daniel - that's the way to do it man. :p

No politics here guys. The question is simply would you fight, or stay neutral. :D

Well that depends on the politics behind it. :D

Only I will fight for water and food, if we starve in chaos.

Only I will fight for water and food, if we starve in chaos.
No need to, the chinese will bring humanitarian aid...just stay calm and wait in the line at the depot counter...rioters will be persecuted. it only get dirty when some henchmen of the local warlord show up with their pickups and guns and take away your rations proclaiming all provisions received belong to "General" McAllister. Thats why disarming local "terrorist gangs" is so important when you invade a country, it's just for the protection of the cooperative civilans. Edited by Beagle

Hi All

Hypothetically would you hypothetical if hypothetical? Or would you be a hypothetical if hypothetically you hypotheticalled? So hypothetically does that mean a hypothetical would hypothetically be hypothetical?

Hypothetically yours walker

Hi All

Hypothetically would you hypothetical if hypothetical? Or would you be a hypothetical if hypothetically you hypotheticalled? So hypothetically does that mean a hypothetical would hypothetically be hypothetical?

Ähm... what exactly is your question?

Hi All

that'll get your post count up, good job :rolleyes:

I would say no.

Because there is so much back stabbing, infiltration of groups played off one another with "fronts" that I would not be totally sure what team I was batting for to start off with, especially in today's climate, and I mean right up to local level.

I wouldn't want to be called to arms for the sake of a game of chess and be played like a fiddle.

So ... only if I was completely sure would I even consider it, and that's a stretch.

Would you, as a gamer (excluding active/reserve/retired/national guard military personnel who prowl these forums. Just civilians or "Realism National Guard"smen :p) take up arms if a war were to break out in your country?

sure. defending your country is a duty.

As a Belgian I would rather join another allied country army and fight those who invade us. We don't stand a chance against any invaders except Luxembourg or the Vatican :D

Edited by Macadam Cow