Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 79384

n3v3r

Thanks BI!

I've been using beta 77777, and now updated to this one.

It seems to run very well! Will keep on testing it.

n3v3r

How do I report this post for using Leet speak which is a clear violation of forum rul3s. :eek:

Disclaimer: Incase some n00b doesn't realize I am only joking! Thanks again Dwarden and team! Aside from you folks there is only one other company that I know of that supports their community with patches, bug fixes and new content for free...which is why I always support them and you ;-)

Dwarden, a question if you would be so kind:

Is the behavior of the mouse cursor in Danger mode (i.e. "Engage" command when pointing at an empty spot) intentional? I was about to file it as a ticket in the CIT, but it might be intended behavior.

I can only surmise that this recent burst of rapid-fire betas means a final official patch is coming soon...? :D

I can only surmise that this recent burst of rapid-fire betas means a final official patch is coming soon...? :D

I hope so :)

well the arma2 patch is already released, im sure BIS woulda liked to have them both at the same time, but they are just ironing out a few bugs while they can.

im happy to wait another month, if they keep fixing bugs like they are at the moment :rthumb:

well done guys

Thanks again ;)

Sorry to toot my own horn but please fix so the ghillie suite are effective in dense vegetation, see this CIT...

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12144

so the question might be

if different surfaces, grass clutter etc.

shall they play bigger differences for AI recognize

To answer you question Dwarden:

Yes, IMHO when prone (and completeley still, not firing etc.) in a ghillie suite in woods/grass/other dense vegetation and unless the AI haven't detected you before it should be very very hard for AI to detect you. Like in test mission #1 where the enemy walk past you 9 times out of 10, professional snipers are masters in camouflage!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

I found a problem that when two or more AIs are hiding behind the same corner shooting enemies, they can penetrate each other at that coner position.

What's more, AI prefer to stay at the two ends of a bunker instead of stay behind it in line.

AI preformed perfect when they are covering behind buildings but still need to be improved when they are hiding behind long mid-height bunkers.

It should be fantastic if AI can be added with extra rtm animation who knows lower their head when they're hiding behind the mid-height bunkers to avoid incoming bullets. This kind of reaction is really appreciated!

Edited by ffur2007slx2_5

With the new cover commanding system. I have noticed that its sometimes (if not always) impossible to order AI team member to ammobox next a wall (sandbag, trenches...) to choose gear. It wont order the unit to ammobox position which prevent using right the action menu option to choose gear.

http://img825.imageshack.us/i/arma2oa2011032522110329.jpg/

http://img35.imageshack.us/i/arma2oa2011032522110846.jpg/

http://img864.imageshack.us/i/arma2oa2011032522111973.jpg/

Edited by SaOk

I found a problem that when two or more AIs are hiding behind the same corner shooting enemies, they can penetrate each other at that coner position.

The dirty bastards ! Don't they know a war is going on ? No time for man on man action in this war !

One thing noticed - the reloading anim (mean hands) working ,but you cant hear the reloading sound from another player and while reloading the magazine is still visible in the weapon

Pls make it proper and look at this addon http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106966&highlight=reload+animation

Edited by RobertHammer

Still waiting to 'test' these beta's but as all the servers I play on are 1.57 then it will have to wait for release I guess. I wonder how may others are not testing betas due to the incompatiblility.

I wonder where is all the lazyness coming from.

If servers would be updated to the most recent RC and beta, you will most likely see people complaining about it (not wanting to update to betas etc). Same goes for server admins not updating...

kind of frustrating, isn't it?

Edited by PuFu

Guess people are afraid of reinstalling all together just because of this unfortunate 1.58RC with this speedy pvp animations/transitions. Many players are still on 1.57 until they are convinced that BIS aren't improving things only for PvP-CQB-fastmovers. Maybe a patch-promo video could help to clear things up eg what's new, what's improved, what's fixed?

Bit more advertising their own work + game... :)

There's new rendering bug, occurs to some modelSpecial models:

ViewPilot LoD disappearing

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18478

To prevent this happening, addonmaker must get rid of ViewPilot LoD in his modelSpecial model at the cost of texture quality.

Please vote.

Yea there are some new texture bugs...very bad ones.

Best example:

Set yourself as player in the enterable house in Dubrovka and look out of all windows, you will see the whole forest and textures surrounding the building dissapear. also the CDF comrade in the first cutscene of Harvest Red campaign on Utes dissapears in different angels completly.

just installed everything new with the latest RC1.59.

Yea there are some new texture bugs...very bad ones.

Best example:

Set yourself as player in the enterable house in Dubrovka and look out of all windows, you will see the whole forest and textures surrounding the building dissapear. also the CDF comrade in the first cutscene of Harvest Red campaign on Utes dissapears in different angels completly.

just installed everything new with the latest RC1.59.

can You provide repro mission and attach it to CIT ticket ?

Is it me or did the 'music dissapears after pausing, then unpausing the game' bug back? Just happened to me in the PMC campaign.

EDIT: Well, cant reproduce it. How odd.

Edited by NeMeSiS

Is it me or did the 'music dissapears after pausing, then unpausing the game' bug back? Just happened to me in the PMC campaign.

EDIT: Well, cant reproduce it. How odd.

Hmm I can confirm it is. But it happens allot in preview mode from the editor also.

Original 1.57 build

Have no time to do betatesting, but follow the news here..