Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 79321

Ohh thats a nice fix that one.

Any chance of the bullet impacts not being sent over network that would be great for me and my sniper buddies because at the moment being a spotter has no point if I cant see the impacts of my buddies bullets.

Thanks and great work BIS is awesome.

Nice one, thanks. :)

Edit - and thanks for the VOIP fix, all channels working great now...

Edited by Mosh

Am I the only one totally unable to follow the pace of the beta fixes ?

Am I the only one totally unable to follow the pace of the beta fixes ?

Nope :) great isn't it :) BIS = A++++++++++

Any one know on any progress on my above mentioned problem?.

Thanks

just :yay:

the suggestion about bullet hits sounds very good to me too, is there a cit ticket for that?

What the

Dwarden 6 minutes ago

and

set to Upcoming version

:O

What the

Dwarden 6 minutes ago

and

set to Upcoming version

:O

thats just so I can remember it ... :) you speeding too fast :D

Nice fix, I really want to see more content bugs like this fixed. Is there much in the way of texture and model bugs etc that are going to be added with the final patch version?

Hehehe ah ok no problems.

Any ways great work BIS really I mean great work love what you do.

Is there much in the way of texture and model bugs etc that are going to be added with the final patch version?
Good point. I remember there was some thread where all model/texture bugs were posted, but I can´t find it right now.

Thanks for these continuous stream of development! Call me a beta junkie, I don't care :)

Thanks for these continuous stream of development! Call me a beta junkie, I don't care :)

Atleast you can't OD from betas.

But with the number of betas released recently, BIS sure is trying to make that happen! :p

Anyway, awesome fix! Was waiting for this to happen for a long time.

THANK YOU :inlove:

Anyone experiencing no call outs from AI soldiers in the last few betas ?

Nice fix, I really want to see more content bugs like this fixed. Is there much in the way of texture and model bugs etc that are going to be added with the final patch version?

I'm happy to see this fix as well, will be nice to see reloads in MP. I agree, more content fixes would be very welcome, such as

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12034

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13108

It's a shame that many of the A2/OA models are not fixed/finished while we get new ones in DLC. I really love the rate of bug fixes, but if some focus could be put on dealing with many of the issues with models and maps, that would rock :)

I'm happy to see this fix as well, will be nice to see reloads in MP. I agree, more content fixes would be very welcome, such as

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12034

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13108

It's a shame that many of the A2/OA models are not fixed/finished while we get new ones in DLC. I really love the rate of bug fixes, but if some focus could be put on dealing with many of the issues with models and maps, that would rock :)

Yes, I would love it if, after Reinforcements, BIS decided to update all of the A2 Vanilla factions, units, vehicles, weapons, etc. to match OA+DLC standards. Supporting FLIR, Engineers, etc. etc. etc.

Yes, I would love it if, after Reinforcements, BIS decided to update all of the A2 Vanilla factions, units, vehicles, weapons, etc. to match OA+DLC standards. Supporting FLIR, Engineers, etc. etc. etc.

ohh this would be awesome if this could happen some day :pray:

bis could add a "donate 10€" button next to the download button and iam sure many armaholics would like to pay for updated usmc/cdf/russians :p

Vím že mi rozumíte a nechce se mi to drmolit anglicky.

Mám problém s hraním Arma (CO) na notebooku (NB). Ze zaÄátku když hraji tak mám relativnÄ› vysoké a stabilní fps, ale jakmile se NB zaÄne více zahřívat, tak mi fps klesne, a to i o celých 15fps.

Divné právě je to, že u jiných her se toto neděje a i při velmi vysokém zatížení se fps drží (případně se NB restartuje).

Prosím pokud to tedy půjde opravit. ;)

Jinak asi někdy s posledními patchemi se mi zdá, že protivník má poněkud větší odolnost. Padne až na 2-3 rány.

A pokud se úspěšně poprvé zasáhne z vysoké dálky, tak dokonce ani nijak nereaguje (1.57).

Anyone experiencing no call outs from AI soldiers in the last few betas ?

I think that now only the AI squad leader reports back to the player enemy positions and his status etc as of about 5 or 6 beta patches ago if I remember correctly.

Edit: I found the extract in the beta patch changelog. So that probably doesnt explain why you are getting less feedback does it?

[78205] Improved: Only first AI unit in each formation reports its position on Report Status.

Thanks

Frosty

Edited by Rough Knight

Vím že mi rozumíte a nechce se mi to drmolit anglicky.

Mám problém s hraním Arma (CO) na notebooku (NB). Ze zaÄátku když hraji tak mám relativnÄ› vysoké a stabilní fps, ale jakmile se NB zaÄne více zahřívat, tak mi fps klesne, a to i o celých 15fps.

Divné právě je to, že u jiných her se toto neděje a i při velmi vysokém zatížení se fps drží (případně se NB restartuje).

Prosím pokud to tedy půjde opravit. ;)

Jinak asi někdy s posledními patchemi se mi zdá, že protivník má poněkud větší odolnost. Padne až na 2-3 rány.

A pokud se úspěšně poprvé zasáhne z vysoké dálky, tak dokonce ani nijak nereaguje (1.57).

§13) Write in English

Please write only in English on the public forums. Avoid writing in any other language or any kind of slang or txt speak since the majority of the members most likely won't understand. In private messages you are of course welcome to write in any language you wish.

English only, please.

From what I can gather about your problem, it sounds like your notebook is overheating as you play, resulting in the performance to drop. That happened with my old notebook many times, killing it at least 3 times, with ArmA 1. Notebooks are terrible for playing these games, and there's not much BIS can do to fix that. Go for a desktop. ;)

Is speaking Russian allowed here?

E: no, it seems :p

English only, please.

From what I can gather about your problem, it sounds like your notebook is overheating as you play, resulting in the performance to drop. That happened with my old notebook many times, killing it at least 3 times, with ArmA 1. Notebooks are terrible for playing these games, and there's not much BIS can do to fix that. Go for a desktop. ;)

Sorry, now I try to write in English.

Yes, exactly.

I have a laptop high performance, but it warms up. In Arma 2 fps decreases. While in other games then my fps does not drop.

Is speaking Russian allowed here?

I hope, that developers speak Czech and English. That's why I wrote so :D

Edited by Warpo

My notebook was also a high-end one for playing ArmA, but the bottom of it would get ridiculously hot playing it. I had to elevate it so that it got better air flow and the heat could dissipate. It still overheated at least 3 times, and eventually just became an overly expensive paperweight. These games just put too much of a strain on notebooks. :p