KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

It is true, you can only user save the mission once throughout an entire playthough. It does autosave after every mission and before every mission. But there are times when you just want to save after a mad firefight. Instead of having to start the mission from scratch again and go through it all over just to get to that point.

I find that this is especially relevant on the convoy missions where there are tons of enemies and enemy armour. If i could save it when i have defeated the first wave it would be so much easier. I dont want that much of a challenge, i just want to see how the story plays through.

I can save whenever I want :confused:

Really, I cant :(

Once I do one usersave, the option is greyed out.

Any news on this campaign?

I tried to play the non-addon beta, but I get an error saying there is no description for the campaign when I enter the campaigns menu, and when I open it I can't start the campaign because there's another error...

Any news on this campaign?

I tried to play the non-addon beta, but I get an error saying there is no description for the campaign when I enter the campaigns menu, and when I open it I can't start the campaign because there's another error...

It is technically not a campaign but a mission with campaign elements. You probably put it into the wrong directory. It should go into your missions directory.

Latest version hangs on Campaing generation start with vanilla Arma 2 (1.11) and never ends. Its ok with Arma 2 OA exe.

Edit: With OA 1.60 patch exe (no betas) campaing generation become stuck after i sucessfuly finished 1st misson with generatting 2nd mission text and one dot of progress displayed forever.

Edited by ataribaby

Well in the first post it says it's a campaign with 7 missions, so I put it into Campaigns folder...will try it on Missions folder.

Yeah it's a bit missleading. The pbo needs to be placed in your mission folder and not in the campaign folder.

Default I think.

go to your difficulties section. Only when playing on expert mode unlimited save games are disabled by default. In all other options the unlimited save option can be enabled.

Edited by nettrucker
added comment

I never play on expert only on veteran. Still cant get this sorted :(

Similar problem here to Ataribaby - mission freezes on "one dot" while generating the 6th episode, something to do with a strongpoint assault.

Playing the no-addon version in 1.60 with no Betas; I do run OKT no-blur and DPS Frame-rate counters, will try with these de-selected. Oh, and I have saved a few times (don't have ColStaglers problem!) which I understand may have SNAFU'd the mission.

I have to say that, apart from the snag mentioned above, this is one of the most enjoyable experiences in SP ArmA2 ever - very many thanks for this.

Interestingly (to me, anyway...) after I Alt-Tabbed out of CO to write the previous message, on my return to Arma2 the mission then started generating and within 20s I was back in the game.

New problem - upon completion of that task, the next one (another rebel-leader-in-stronghold) has frozen just as Torch and Spark reached 2km from the target. Ah well - it's worth persevering, eh?!

Hi everyone!

It's been a while. I'm back to inform you that I've started to work on this campaign again. I've been busy and after that it has been hard to gather the motivation to roll up my sleeves and get back onto this big project. This time my aim is to wrap up this campaign and finish up a release version with mainly just fixing bugs, issues and problems. I want to see a this campaign "finished" before arma 3 and I don't know how much time and energy I have for this project before the next generation of arma. That's why I'm not sure if I will add anything bigger for now.

I have read your comments and I will look into the issues mentioned here, like before. I've noticed the new patch for arma has screwed up some things in the campaign, I'm still investigating this. I will try to fix those problems along with the ones you have reported here. Plus like before, I want to add some little features of some kind, just for the fun and to add at least some fresh excitement to the campaign.

Nice to hear it! Good work mate!

So you will leave as it is, a mission with campaign elements, or turn it into a proper campaign?

Nice to hear it! Good work mate!

So you will leave as it is, a mission with campaign elements, or turn it into a proper campaign?

No, like I've explained this earlier, the campaign is supposed to be dynamic with random missions and the conventional arma campaign structure doesn fit this concept. Besides editing this campaign/mission/whatever you want to call it (I call it a campaign because a mission of 7 missions doesn't sound right, heh) is easier when the whole package technically works as single mission. Plus IMO it's better to have destroyed buildings etc remain destroyed after finishing a mission so all in all, I personally like it how it is.

Yep, great news. I was waiting on this getting fixed before trying it out.

+1

i have only played one part of this campaign so far. it was great. but I will wait for a final realease, so that i can experience it the way King intends.

Look forward to it.

Its a great (big) mission, Ireally like what I am seeing so far!

But after the first mission, it becomes stuck. As soon as I have finished with the planning and start the 2nd

mission (convoy), another guy is in charge of my team and wont enter the armoured transport vehicle.

I am using the No Mods version on Combined Operation 1.60 + newest betas.

Any workaround or do I have to restart?

Its a great (big) mission, Ireally like what I am seeing so far!

But after the first mission, it becomes stuck. As soon as I have finished with the planning and start the 2nd

mission (convoy), another guy is in charge of my team and wont enter the armoured transport vehicle.

I am using the No Mods version on Combined Operation 1.60 + newest betas.

Any workaround or do I have to restart?

Don't worry, the player-not-leader bug is already fixed, I ran to this myself and I was surprised, maybe the latest arma patch triggered this problem along with the mission planning shed being all screwed up (only a cosmetic problem though). They were not there before the patch.

I'm finishing up the next build and it should be out in about a week or so. Quite a few fixes and tunings. There's also a new feature: randomization in enemy unit models and their loadouts by role, both customizable. It's nice, especially when using the latest version of Colonel Staglers chechen rebels.

Hopefully soon because its one of the best missions for me, because of its realistic feel!

Hi! New build is here. Added new randomized enemy classes with randomized loadout and some changes and small improvements. Bugs fixed. As this is now closing the first non-beta release I also removed the debug "cheats". Have fun and please report any problems you encounter!

The addon version is updated with replaced spetsnaz units and new rebel units. The work on the old spetsnaz seemed to be ceased by the author and some bugs were left so I thought it's time to let them go. Along with that the need for vilas east weapons are no longer needed.

Build 052B Change log:

•NEW: Randomized and customizable appearance and loadouts for both enemy and friendly infantry by role, see UnitsLibrary.sqf for customization

•NEW: 12 new speech lines for the player character, thanks to MulleR again!

•NEW: Medic units are marked with a medic icon in Platoon Management and Squad Loadout dialog windows

•NEW: Automatically change to 1st person view after loading sequences

•CHANGED: Removed the debug "cheats"

•CHANGED: The 5th member of a squad is always a medic by default like before build 051B

•CHANGED: Ground insertion vehicle won't automatically stop if getting too close to mission target anymore

•CHANGED: Markably increased enemy vehicle patrol radius when unalarmed

•CHANGED: Marked danger zone around mission objective redesigned to properly correlate the true danger zone in each mission type

•CHANGED: Increased the radius at enemy outposts can be spawned

•CHANGED: Decreased the value of rocket barrage ammunition

•CHANGED: Helicopter will perform CAS for longer before returning to base

•CHANGED: Max distance from LZ required for calling extraction helicopter down is reduced from 160m to 80m

•CHANGED: StrongPoint and StrongPointUrban mission types: Objective now marked successful in advance when enemy officer is arrested and joined the group

•FIXED: Player wasn't the leader of the squad at mission start

•FIXED: Mission planning shed was messed up after 1.60 patch

•FIXED: Extraction vehicles and mode were reset after selecting an extraction point

•FIXED: "CAS after insertion" validity wasn't checked and updated when the insertion vehicles was changed

•FIXED: Radio music didn't play after loading mission

•FIXED: Ammo Cache mission type: Incorrectly named variable in mission load script

•FIXED: Ambush mission type: Emergency extraction with helicopter was bugged

•FIXED: Ambush mission type: Weather during Mission planning is logically the same as during mission and no time skipping at mission start

•FIXED: StrongPoint and StrongPointUrban mission types: Player character won't order to wait for enemy reinforcements if objective is to arrest enemy officer

•FIXED: Unmanned military vehicles + UAZ with combat radio chatter was deleted upon mission init

•FIXED: Base tents were sometimes rammed down by spawning SILVIE vehicles

•FIXED: Helicopters status was updated once landed in base. Now it's updated immediately upon returning to base.

•FIXED: The voice overs of ground transport and Bulov are enhanced to sound more natural

•FIXED: A possible problem with vehicle patrol script

•FIXED: Platoon members spawned with incorrect rank

•FIXED: Hint message incorrectly gives wrong address to Spark Commands Menu

•FIXED: Dead players in Unit Statistic dialog window had an incorrect portrait

Chechnya Addon Version 1.2 Change log

•NEW: Colonel Staglers Spetsnaz GRU to replace the Chechen war Russians by johncage

•NEW: Option for an SVD Dragunov with NV scope added in loadout selection

•CHANGED: Updated Colonel Staglers Chechen Rebels to version 1.5, required by mission

•REMOVED: Removed East weapons pack by vilas

•REMOVED: Removed Chechen war Russians by johncage

First post is updated.

I started this great campaign several times already, only to start it over when a new patch come up hehe...

Thanks for making this King!