KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP/MP Dynamic Campaign for CO

I read further back in this thread, and I agree (and know you have acknowledged it) about an abort mission option. I didn't have enough AT (although intel did not mention much about any hardware) on the convoy ambush mission, so to abort / retreat .. re asses and gear up to return would be good to see, or at least the option to retreat anyway and save your men.

Hey man, I noticed on a night mission using Helo for insertion, the helo's lights go off as it gets close to the hot zone. Have no idea if that was a script you used or that my AI dudes are getting smarter but I found that interesting. First time for everything!

I read further back in this thread, and I agree (and know you have acknowledged it) about an abort mission option. I didn't have enough AT (although intel did not mention much about any hardware) on the convoy ambush mission, so to abort / retreat .. re asses and gear up to return would be good to see, or at least the option to retreat anyway and save your men.

Yeah, I'll consider adding an option in the future.

Hey man, I noticed on a night mission using Helo for insertion, the helo's lights go off as it gets close to the hot zone. Have no idea if that was a script you used or that my AI dudes are getting smarter but I found that interesting. First time for everything!

Yes I added that feature in one of the updates. I didn't want the heli to go in the hot zone blinking and flashing like a christmas tree but it's more for immersion as I don't know if it affects the AI. However the pilot is actually in careless mode and the navigation lights still stays on.

looks very promising, i'm gonna give it a try after i download all those addons. i'm sure it looks good, especially with those new Chechen and Russian spec ops units added.

Can you tell me wich file is responsible for the unit identities (Faces)?

Can you tell me wich file is responsible for the unit identities (Faces)?

That would be identities.hpp ;)

Note that there are separately english and russian version identities for the platoon members with different transcription of names, so english version uses p1-24id and russian p1-24idrus

Thanks, my ACE+ SG_GRU Version is ready again, lets see how it plays out^^

Didn´t you plan to add some kind of First Aid System? (BIS First aid)

hi King Nothing, awesome idea and campaing u made, big ups! I have an annoying problem, using latest mission beta + addons. Every time i finish a mission, and call a transport - nothing happens. I set timespeed to 4x and waited like half a hour, no transport came to evacuate my team. Is this a bug, or im doing something wrong? Luckely at "rescue convoy" mission, i could board into 2 UAZ and drive back to base by maself. But not every mission has cars nearby to use. Pls help.

Neuro.

hi King Nothing, awesome idea and campaing u made, big ups! I have an annoying problem, using latest mission beta + addons. Every time i finish a mission, and call a transport - nothing happens. I set timespeed to 4x and waited like half a hour, no transport came to evacuate my team. Is this a bug, or im doing something wrong? Luckely at "rescue convoy" mission, i could board into 2 UAZ and drive back to base by maself. But not every mission has cars nearby to use. Pls help.

Neuro.

There are indeed still some bugs with extraction, either nothing happens or the extraction vehicle can't find a route to the given destination. Usually the extraction should go without any problems but your case seems to be worse. I'll try to fix this. Remember that 2km is enough, while I try to fix it you can just extract with your squad by jogging, it's good for the health. And use the 4x speed, shouldn't take long.

Thanks, my ACE+ SG_GRU Version is ready again, lets see how it plays out^^

Didn´t you plan to add some kind of First Aid System? (BIS First aid)

Yes.. yes I did, I wanted to add a settings dialog window. I also wanted to convert the campaign to Takistan with a desert theme but this one I have to skip as I just don't have enough time to do all the things I have planned. The dialog window shouldn't be a big thing so I'll try to implement it. I have one big project going on at the moment and I will tell about it a bit later when I have it somewhat done. Feels like I could easily spend 3 more years to polish this campaign into perfection but time is limited and Arma 3 is on it's way.

I really hope you will make something like this for Arma 3.

I have those problems with extraction too. Sometimes they come, but mostly they don´t. I can see a group marker appearing somewhere on the map when I request extraction but it doesn´t move. It isn´t even labeled as Ground Transport 1 or something like this so I guess that the mistake must be somewhere in those lines. The vehicle gets spawned but is not assigned as transport and doesn´t get a waypoint.

On another note, Is it possible to have the transport vehicels be manned by Crewmen istead of standard Soldiers?

And I get quite a lot of

Action::Process - No target

Entries in my RPT while playing the campaign.

Ok, I think I repaired the extraction vehicle not moving bug. The problem was cause by the vehicle group split in two groups by which I tried to improve the AI behaviour when encountering enemies. From what I've gathered this causes vehicles with a crew more than one to not move. I've fixed this for the next release.

Great :)

Another Idea: I decided to place crates with russian weapons and ammunition at Balota base camp and airfield. That way I can adjust the loadout of my guys if it becomes necessary. A nice AGS-30 or a DSHKM are always nice to have :pet13:

Ok, I think I repaired the extraction vehicle not moving bug. The problem was cause by the vehicle group split in two groups by which I tried to improve the AI behaviour when encountering enemies. From what I've gathered this causes vehicles with a crew more than one to not move. I've fixed this for the next release.

nice that! Just want to thank you again, for that huge work you made! I played first time whole campaign, and i can say, it was deffinitly best arma singleplayer experience i had! Althouht it was abit to easy on veteran difficulty, now i'm playing it on expert with ASR AI again, i got new missions this time, and it is more challanging.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers, neuro.

I've found a quite serious bug in the non-addon version. There's a wrong classname in the unitslibrary that might cause the mission generation to freeze. This problem doesn't exist in the addon version. Good thing is that the bug can be fixed quite easily by you:

-> unpbo the scenario file

-> open up UnitsLibrary.sqf

-> line 360, inside S_Unmanned array, replace "Ural" with "Ural_INS"

-> line 361, inside the same array, replace "UralOpen" with "UralOpen_INS"

-> repbo and it's fixed

I suggest you to do this since I don't know when the next release will be. Sorry for this.

1234931504682.jpg

And I thought that I was doing something wrong because when I started to add ACE vehicels the mission generation was always freezing until it suddenly worked again.

Many thanks for the Fix! :D

I've found a quite serious bug in the non-addon version. There's a wrong classname in the unitslibrary that might cause the mission generation to freeze. This problem doesn't exist in the addon version.

actually happened to me in addon version as well, and to a buddy of mine too. But lucky it is happening rare.

actually happened to me in addon version as well, and to a buddy of mine too. But lucky it is happening rare.

Can you tell some details, was it some specific mission type and in what point did it freeze? And what addons where you using?

Can you tell some details, was it some specific mission type and in what point did it freeze? And what addons where you using?

i used warfx, jsrs, and all addons it were requiring for campaign. I can't remember when exactly it happened, but usualy it were freezing at 66% loading next mission. Only reloading latest autosave and reend latest mission helped. But 1 thing i believe i noticed, it doesn't happen to me, when i play a campaign without "campaign help/tutorial" thing.

i used warfx, jsrs, and all addons it were requiring for campaign. I can't remember when exactly it happened, but usualy it were freezing at 66% loading next mission. Only reloading latest autosave and reend latest mission helped. But 1 thing i believe i noticed, it doesn't happen to me, when i play a campaign without "campaign help/tutorial" thing.

Ok I think it could be related to finding enemy reinforcement spawn positions. A script analyzes the surrounding area and looks for suitable places to spawn reinforcements. This takes some time, how long did you wait before you gave up? For me it takes about 20-30 seconds or so, I'm not sure, could possibly take longer for slower computers. But I don't think it could possibly to have anything to do with the tutorial mode.

The insertion and extraction vehicels are always driven by the RU_suldier model, that looks a little bit weird on armored vehicels. Is it possible to replace it with RU_Soldier_Crew?

Maybe by adding a FArmorCrew Array?

The insertion and extraction vehicels are always driven by the RU_suldier model, that looks a little bit weird on armored vehicels. Is it possible to replace it with RU_Soldier_Crew?

Maybe by adding a FArmorCrew Array?

Hmm actually the vehicle crew classname should be replaced with RU_Soldier_Crew when the vehicle is an armored vehicle but something's wrong with it, good find, I haven't noticed it before. Thanks, I'll fix it.

Oh and could you tell us how to fix the "Extraction vehicle not assigned" problem? Or upload the script files so that we can "test" the fix? :)

Ok I think it could be related to finding enemy reinforcement spawn positions. A script analyzes the surrounding area and looks for suitable places to spawn reinforcements. This takes some time, how long did you wait before you gave up? For me it takes about 20-30 seconds or so, I'm not sure, could possibly take longer for slower computers. But I don't think it could possibly to have anything to do with the tutorial mode.

well my corei5 2500k is fast enough, i think :). I waited about a minute, and maybe longer.