smookie

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack

Not sure if it had always been like that (since I rarely move around while sighted), but I noticed that jogging with weapon up is just as fast as jogging with the weapon aimed, which IMO is a bit iffy... Any special reason why it is like that? IMO you *should* be somewhat limited in movement speed when moving with weapon sighted compared to unsighted but still ready to fire.

At last I've tested the addon! Thanks, very good work. Of course we'd better somehow tweak the recoil for weapons for blindfire positions, but that's all trifles. In general it's the whole new level of action.

I only noticed that back to wall is sometimes not performed instantly.

And I'm unable to throw grenade overhead while back at the wall. Press V but nothing happens.

Also I'll ticket an idea of not allowing over wall jump when its barber wired.

Edited by zvukoper

Guyz, we tested your mod extensively with our squad yesterday on our Saturaday operation.

It's totally a new and great experience for me in Arma. New feel, new opportunities. This mod deserves a place in ACE or at least on the same shelf with such mods as ACRE, SThud and so on.

It needs training, but it worths all the efforts to manage it. I'm sure adding this to my community mods BUT only when the follwing requirements met.

1) Please, deal with the ACE compat problem or whatever causes cfg skeletons to get broken. Solution to add skipIntro parameter is a workaround (which is very illogical and is hard to find). This is serious and must be fixed.

2) Ability to disable certain animations by globalvars

I suggest mod has some settings where certain animations could be disabled.

First one is the f-move (turbo A+S), which is cool and I like it, but in serious operations as a community leader I'm not willing any soldier to even be able poke this to enemies (or see somebody showing that at me or at anyone in my squad). Fun - yes. Seriously? - please, no.

Another animation literally killed two soldiers and everyone said it's not convenient. The slide move when you press crouch while running is very different from what is always expected to happen on this key presses. When you run and need to just go lower and be able to respond to attack - you slide somwhere and loose time. Also you can easily miss a cover with this animation, because it's really easy to perform slide and slide away beyond a cover instead of running to cover and got crouch behind it.

OR

Another idea is to make mod not global, but enable animations and shortcuts only for those who enabled it in, for example, userconfig. Many people would love to stick to old system, but many are willing to use it. ACE and ACRE deal perfectly with this using userconfigs, clientside configs.

Let's say, you enable all by default, but anyone can disable all or some of the moves by editing their local clientside configs. It's awesome idea because thus people can choose what moves they need or which are only annoying.

3) And a small suggestion. Please add some noticable damage or may be other effect after a soldier climbed over a barbed wire fence ;)

Again, thank you for fantastic mod. It's really a historical mod. But now we need to cleanup, go serious and evolve in a proper direction.

And as a first step I insist on your asking for project space at dev heaven and setup a bugtracker for feedback and support.

Please, feel free to ask me any help because I'm interested in supporting this mod and I'll do all I can to help you.

Thanks for your attention.

Mikhail

Community leader, admin

-= Russian Alliance =-

Doesn't he already have project space at dev-heaven?

I like the userconfig idea, though then again the people who get confused by new animations behaving differently probably are also those that would get confused about editing userconfig. But since it's just an option that only limits those who choose to be limited it shouldn't really hurt anyone. I'm not a huge fan of the slide (aside from cool looks), but in order to not use it all you have to do is stop first, and crouch after.

If your community's ability to play seriously gets hurt by the fact they have the "F move" animation enabled, then you seriously have much bigger issues than this animation... If you disable the "F move" they'll just find another stupid thing to do.

PvPscene, thanks for the link. I was just confused about the mod title.

PvP Animation replacement/enhancement pack, SMK mod of CG Animations ? :)

galzohar, may be you're right about f-move, but you may call me a dictator or fool, but I set the rules of conduct in my community and keep the atmosphere healthy and I'm proud that my forums stay clean and my squad respect each other and verbal or other abuse is a subject for disqalifying from the community or permaban.

Btw, did you notice yourself undeliberately calling this f-move "a stupid thing to do"? :) That's my point too... out of fun - yes it's very good, but what shall one do to use the mod for serious purposes. More to the point, this taunt has nothing to do with combat behaviour and I suggest leaving admins a choice to keep it ingame or not. I understand it's not a big problem. It's not a major problem as well, just a subtle inconvenience.

Update. Unfortunately both me and Reezo are swamped with work and can't dedicate any time to the project. We also requested a new calibration mission from two independent mod makers, none of which was able to deliver his work as of yet. Either way I will try to move my part in the half of august. Sorry for delays.

Edited by Smookie

Just started using it .... nice work guys !

Edited by Kremator

Hey Smookie, I have a very major problem... I know you're probably tied down right now... but the AI keeps going into the Sniper stance and not getting out of it. Whenever they get into the Sniper stance, they wont get out of it... so I have to execute them. I've noticed it happens more and more frequently with AI enhancements like ACE or Zeus... but it still hurts to see my team paralyzed on the ground... I don't mind the sniper stance... but they can't get out of it.

Btw, if there are enemies on the map... going into Combat\Stealth will make my AI end up this way every time. It sucks, I will try and submit it to the bug list!

Maybe disable sniper sit for AI altogether to get rid of this issue for good? Unless a better solution is possible, of course. I don't even truly understand how they get into it in the firstplace.

Any chance to fix the "tilted launcher" bug? Easily seen with any launcher that doesn't have a scope.

ticket please, launcher stuff will be fixed.

when i try to do back to wall, something on the bottom left says structure check" and "wall check"...the character never goes in to the back to wall mode. anyone else have this?

@islesfan186:

"Back to wall" doesn't work with all types of walls at this point..

Back to wall will probably be reversed to any-time mode (meaning you will be able to use the back to wall animation ANYWHERE, not only close to buildings). This way we hope to eliminate those irritaiting bugs. This is simply because there is way too many models to include in the script checks.[...]

I have noticed whenever you throw a grenade when your against the wall the camera gets missed up. It zooms very close to the player in which then only allows you to see the top of their helmet. I have also found that either over time or as you use different animations, other animations stop working here and there. Another thing I have seen is that when your sprinting and let go of the movement key, the player hits what I can only describe as a lag. This lag also carries into the sprint and climb over some walls the player go through the walls. Other than that I find this addon a very helpful and I enjoy it a lot, keep up the good work.

Edited by JSF 82nd Reaper

Realy have any progress?

Fixes with half-underground bodyes?

Sorry guys, I did some work on a few updates but cannot dedicate time to this at the current moment. The work is not dead. Moreover, you may expect a small surprise in the upcoming days/weeks :)

WooHooo!!!

Smookie i have ideas about great tactical animations!

It is necessary to discuss them, need a contact :)!

Back from the dead! Hi everyone, +1 to what Smookie said.

Lock'n'load and cover our six!