batis4

Binmod Release Thread

Great job on ballistics improvement. Wind now changes bullet trajectory :woot:

However the only way to read only the direction of wind is having a campfire on flame by your target... :rolleyes:

Any plans on making a device that would help you read winds direction and speed?

Icarus

P.S. could you please publish a standalone add-on of wind related ballistics? :pray:

Edited by Icarus

Everything seems great with the mod so far, other than when I put either a M1A2/M1A1 90s in mission editor and start it, the game shuts down on me.

Any reason why?

Hello, I am very interested in going back to my old OFP and tryin out your mod... but is there any chance, if you would release a new version of this mod>> could you REPLICATE or convert NVG into a FLIR like image... >> even though it is not a true FLIR, I really just wanna play it in armored warfare like as if it is.. makes it more exciting...

Everything seems great with the mod so far, other than when I put either a M1A2/M1A1 90s in mission editor and start it, the game shuts down on me.

Any reason why?

Thanks! I don't know, maybe will not crash in the next version.

Hello, I am very interested in going back to my old OFP and tryin out your mod... but is there any chance, if you would release a new version of this mod>> could you REPLICATE or convert NVG into a FLIR like image... >> even though it is not a true FLIR, I really just wanna play it in armored warfare like as if it is.. makes it more exciting...

If you want it to perceive the thermal imaging, no can do. I don't know about the colours of the FLIR though, but we'll see about it. Maybe you could be a little more specific?

Hi work this mod with CSLA mod ?

No.

Can You next time just make an update,not whole new release? Last time i was downloading like an hour or so...

@Batis4

Maybe you have not noticed this post?

Great job on ballistics improvement. Wind now changes bullet trajectory :woot:

However the only way to read only the direction of wind is having a campfire on flame by your target... :rolleyes:

Any plans on making a device that would help you read winds direction and speed?

Icarus

P.S. could you please publish a standalone add-on of wind related ballistics? :pray:

I would appreciate any kind of reply from you, positive or negative.

Please reply, Icarus

Can You next time just make an update,not whole new release? Last time i was downloading like an hour or so...

Yes of course.

@Batis4

Maybe you have not noticed this post?

I would appreciate any kind of reply from you, positive or negative.

The current ballistics are currently too deeply strict to the system, so not planning to make a standalone version of it any time soon.

Yes, maybe we could make a device which will show the wind direction and speed.

Hmmm.. about the FLIR, just the colors will do... black and white, a bit bright on vehicles and infantry... is it possible?

or could you release just the pbo for the NVG-FLIR color mod... I would really appreciate it...

Edited by joshDELTA

Hmmm.. about the FLIR, just the colors will do... black and white, a bit bright on vehicles and infantry... is it possible?

or could you release just the pbo for the NVG-FLIR color mod... I would really appreciate it...

As far as we know it's not possible. Have you seen this in another mod? If you have then where?

A little teaser log for the upcoming patch:

- Compatibility for OFP 1.96

- Lag spikes from bullet effects removed

- Dynamic Sound System greatly optimized and improved (now very playable with higher spec computers)

- A.I. improved

- Plane physics improved

- Car tire screeching simulated (when driving sideways)

- U.S Multicam units

- And more fixes and adjustments

Edited by batis4

@Batis4

Wow your skills at simulating things in OFP continues to amaze me!

Waiting impatiently to try new version out :)

Icarus :bounce3:

As far as we know it's not possible. Have you seen this in another mod? If you have then where?

A little teaser log for the upcoming patch:

- Compatibility for OFP 1.96

- Dynamic Sound System greatly optimized and improved (now very playable with higher spec computers)

- A.I. improved

- Plane physics improved

- U.S Multicam units

not exactly.. although if i could remember, FFUR, the NVG was much brighter and there was no margin... so it got me thinking if it was possible to change the color of the NVG from green to greyish... but i really do not have any idea on modding, so i came here... to your mod.. since it is one of the best i have seen and it is focused more on reality...

Binmod Patch 0.9 to 0.91 is released! OFP 1.96 version fix will come later.

Changelog:

- A.I. improved

- Plane physics improved

- U.S Multicam units

- Tank turret fire effects improved

- 2 new unfinished islands

- Grass objects to editor

- New infantry mines

- Crater and few other textures improved

- New sounds (for M4, AK-47 and more)

- More ricochet sounds

- LODs for cartridges

Download here:

160.48 MB

http://www.mediafire.com/?670hwin0p42xnqx (Not working currently.. Deleted by MediaFire)

Edited by batis4

Nice changleog, shame that I had deleted my CWA, and now can't download latest version (BIS was also victim of Megaupload conspiracy...)...

May I ask a question what functions of CWA have you used that Binmod update for CWA is not compatible with CWC? As I remember very first version of 1.99 had problems with it's new commands :)

@ batis4 You knowledge of ofp could greatly improve our warhammer40k mod give us a pm :D

May I ask a question what functions of CWA have you used that Binmod update for CWA is not compatible with CWC? As I remember very first version of 1.99 had problems with it's new commands :)

The fuctions we use are getPosASL, setPosASL and getWorld. The CWC version will come, you just have to wait...

And those problems, they are fixed in Binmod. BIS had some problems there, Wiineri the Wizard fixed them :)

It would be nice to have uploaded the latest version of the mod instead of downloading 0.9 and 0.91 patch :)

We will do that tomorrow. We will upload it in Mediafire :)

@ batis4 You knowledge of ofp could greatly improve our warhammer40k mod give us a pm :D

You could give me a PM in which area you need help, as long as it isn't something big. We are very busy working Binmod. I hope you understand.

Edited by batis4

The fuctions we use are getPosASL, setPosASL and getWorld. The CWC version will come, you just have to wait...

And those problems, they are fixed in Binmod. BIS had some problems there, Wiineri the Wizard fixed them :)

My question wasn't exactly what I wanted to ask (bloody English!): what features of Binmod are CWA exclusive, and it's not possible to implement them in CWC? I'm not really into scripting etc. so I just don't get what new commands enable - I read some of (I think) Faguss' explanations but it was beyond me! :)

It's not that I'm against CWA (I may sound like that) - I do like it, especially that it WAS (screw you FBI!) available on the net and my laptop don't have CD drive :p

My question wasn't exactly what I wanted to ask (bloody English!): what features of Binmod are CWA exclusive, and it's not possible to implement them in CWC?

I understand now. We don't yet know yet surely what features will be left behind, but let's hope not too many. Some features might be recreated.

This mod's really nice, I'm taking a break from Vietnam: Experience mod, FFSX 2005 and '85 to try Binmod out.

The sounds are real nice and I love everything. The engagement ranges seem quite extreme however and I miss the zoom (right click zoom) feature of the vanilla game and other mods. It would really help to engage the enemy at such long ranges!

I experimented with a mission where I found the AI to be using their LAWs at quite long distances. What range is the AI firing their LAWs at?

This mod's really nice, I like the overall feel. It's exactly how real war is, short brutal and deadly.

Hi All ,

A mod to make the fixed wing aircraft do more ground attack , as in strafe troops and drop bombs .As all mine seem to do is fire the odd rocket at a tank now and then .

Just suggestion : Add a High Dispersion in the game logics. I love the overall immersion of the mod but im not liking how the AI are very very accurate accurate even in long distances. I like my battles to be long and immersible but i cant enjoy it when i get shot too quickly.

BTW i love what you did on the ammo and fuel trucks, they have that big plume of explosion and then several secondary explosions simulating the ammo popping and exploding. GJ!

This mod's really nice, I'm taking a break from Vietnam: Experience mod, FFSX 2005 and '85 to try Binmod out.

The sounds are real nice and I love everything. The engagement ranges seem quite extreme however and I miss the zoom (right click zoom) feature of the vanilla game and other mods. It would really help to engage the enemy at such long ranges!

I experimented with a mission where I found the AI to be using their LAWs at quite long distances. What range is the AI firing their LAWs at?

This mod's really nice, I like the overall feel. It's exactly how real war is, short brutal and deadly.

Thanks! The zoom will be done in the next patch, and the AI is firing their LAWs at 400 meters maximum.

Just suggestion : Add a High Dispersion in the game logics. I love the overall immersion of the mod but im not liking how the AI are very very accurate accurate even in long distances. I like my battles to be long and immersible but i cant enjoy it when i get shot too quickly.

BTW i love what you did on the ammo and fuel trucks, they have that big plume of explosion and then several secondary explosions simulating the ammo popping and exploding. GJ!

Thanks! The High Dispersion logic is a big thing to do, perhaps it will be done, but I'm not quite sure.

Thanks! The zoom will be done in the next patch, and the AI is firing their LAWs at 400 meters maximum.

Thanks! The High Dispersion logic is a big thing to do, perhaps it will be done, but I'm not quite sure.

Just do what the ww4 mod did to some of their units, they made some of them already scripted to have High dispersion, for example their Insurgent units have HD, make sense right since they are not really trained soldiers. The mod is perfect if the battle can last longer,the AI doesn't really know how to take cover so most of the times they are shooting each other in open ground so i thought adding HD script will make it better. ,but of course adding HD will make them ran out of ammo fast so increase the ammo mags as well? lol im asking too much aren't I =)